It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not going to be posting on ATS, the choice was mine.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
In less than two weeks, 12 days exactly, my life is going to change. As I'm going back to Active Duty in the US Army.
It was only fair that the announcement be made, because the Scholars of ATS are going to be under anothers direction.
That is of course until I have liberty to jump in from time to time. How ever that can not be expected for quite a while.
My return to ATS will of course happen, but not as frequent as my past years have been. So don't go celebrateing the absence of ole ADVISOR just yet, because I will be posting again, just not regularly.

Letting you all know, I have my old job back, as that of a Cavalry Scout or MOS 19D.
Not going to go into details, but from what I do know, my first stop will be 4 weeks at WSMR, then back to Fort Knox for 8 weeks and four days to finish retraining. From there my deployment, the rest can be figured out given imagination and an educated guess, but yours is as good as mine.

So it is known, it's expected that the Scholars maintain their activities, and continue to as required by research forum standards. Those who are interested in participating in research collaboration, need only to read the topped threads of the research forum, and u2u a super moderator.

With out a doubt, not one single minute of the hours going by, will I not think of every one here at ATS. The changes you all, have made upon me, are the greatest of gifts and times I could dream of haveing. Yes, even those members who are hard to handle and especialy those who put forth their valued time for this community of strangers, with a common bond of interest. It is because of that bond we all have, that has brought us from strangers to companions, and even friends as close as family. We may fight among ourselves, but when it comes down to it, we unite for a cause, a cause every one here at ATS shares.

We are here for a reason, many reasons combined, each of us here for truths, our truths and those of others.
Together we form a community unrivaled and unique to the world wide web, we are a global family.

Because of this, I thank each and every one of you, and can not express the appreciation I have. Your time is valued and is not taken for granted by me, nor will it ever be. Words alone are not capable of showing my heart felt emotions, and that is left as explained.

Best wishes and many blessings to all of you and yours.
Until we next meet again, may the road rise to meet you. May the wind always be at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face, the rains fall soft upon your fields and, may God hold you in the palm of his hand.

ADVISOR
Out!

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Good luck ADVISOR.
I hope to see you again soon

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Do what your heart tells you.

Live by what your heart tells you.

Return as your heart tells you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:salute:

GO/BE/DO/RETURN.

... the light's on

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Good luck to you!!
Thanks for all that you and many other soldiers are doing.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
as my plt sgt once said to me: "keep your powder dry and your nose to the wind....and keeping your head down from time to time may help you keep it"

good luck man, look forward to debating you when you return.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
good luck ADVISOR. The ATS community will keep you in their thoughts for a speedy and safe return.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Good Luck and God speed for your safe return. You will be missed. Also as I told my brother before his last deployment don't zig when you should zag.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Best wishes and dammit be CAREFUL! I sincerely hope you don't go into harm's way on your active duty.

And we're gonna be waiting on your return! Hope you can drop us a post, maybe once in a while and let us know how it's going!

And thanks so much for your service to the country. If the Dems have their way, maybe you could be home sooner than later.

Take Care and Best Regards,
TA

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
God bless and be safe.

You and rest of the men and women serving are always in my prayers.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Just stay safe no matter where you are or where you end up.

Pie

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Wish you would just stay home. I'd tell you to stay, but one, I'm just some fella on the internet, and two, a man's gotta stand for his beliefs.

Stay keen and kick some ass.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
good luck and for god sake stay safe. Your a big part to this community and hope to see you back as soon as humanly possible, good luck ADVISOR!

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Good luck and God speed.

Don't go being a hero!

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
keep your head down, brother.

regardless of the diverse political opinions here, i think we can all say that we support you one hundred percent, and hope you finish your tour safely. even if you cant post what youre doing or where you are, at least drop a line from time to time to let us all know your safe.

as us squids say....fair winds and following seas!

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Good luck and God bless all the brave men and women in our armed forces.You are all true American heroes.
Hope to hear from you soon!!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Though I am new here, I can relate very well to what you have said. I have spent most of my time on the BTS Forum under Faith, Spirituality, and Theology. I have had religious conversations all over the web and have never seen such a community feeling of unity and fellowship amongst differing religious opinions. Even those who argue against my points do so without infringing on my rights as a user of this website. The best of luck to you.

As my family says in words of parting,

"Have fun, be safe, and don't die."

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Good luck advisor , best wishes to you.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Advisor,

You will be missed. You are a patriot, intelligent, and educated. Thank god that, because of the new congress, you'll probably be coming back soon. Please make sure you come back with your shield, and not on it.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Regards, my friend. See you soon.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Come back in one piece and thank you very much for your service to our great country. God be with you forever and always.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join