It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orions Belt

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Talking about the attraction some have to Orion reminded me of a book I read when I was a boy.
"A Princess of Mars" by Edgar Rice Burroughs. As he casts his eyes to the heavens, the main character is irrestiblily drawn to the planet mars, though it appears as a star to him.

This book is in the public domain so I will quote part of it.

As I stood thus meditating, I turned my gaze from the landscape to the heavens where the myriad stars formed a gorgeous and fitting canopy for the wonders of the earthly scene. My attention was quickly riveted by a large red star close to the distant horizon. As I gazed upon it I felt a spell of overpowering fascination--it was Mars, the god of war, and for me, the fighting man, it had always held the power of irresistible enchantment. As I gazed at it on that far-gone night it seemed to call across the unthinkable void, to lure me to it, to draw me as the lodestone attracts a particle of iron.
My longing was beyond the power of opposition; I closed my eyes, stretched out my arms toward the god of my vocation and felt myself drawn with the suddenness of thought through the trackless immensity of space. There was an instant of extreme cold and utter darkness.

www.gutenberg.org...

I think this is how many feel when they look up and see Orion. For some it is the moon. They are full of secrets waiting to be revealed, mysteries waiting to be uncovered. Familiar yet mysterious.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by menguard
Oh by the way anybody with a good telescope should check out the Little Dipper every now and then one might actually see a Starship bouncing in between the star cluster of Little Dipper, doing preventive checks.The ship itself is at least three times the size of the stars at most 1/10 ratio.

You know, I would normally think that someone saying this would be a joke, but A.) The people on this site (and others like it) tend to be a bit more of... "free minded." and 2.) It was just nonsensical enough to where you might be not joking... So, what is it?

apc

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I'm less curious of the nature of it, as I am of what is being prevented? Spillage?

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I also love going out to look at the orion constellation when going for a cigarette, the universe is massive but that always sticks out and makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside, maybe we do have a connection there who knows.

In the stargate movie didnt the 1st test through the gate goto one of orions belt ( Can't remember so correct me if im wrong)

Also there was mention of a ship in the little dipper constellation, possible trade ship? lol dunno, im always curious about whats up there, will have to get a telescope for my birthday in january now lol

Nice thread btw

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I too have a weird connection to Orions Belt I cannont explain.. My connection is a little different though. It doesn't matter where I'm at or what I'm doing or even what direction I'm looking, as long as it's night time EVERYTIME I look up at the sky i ALWAYS see Orions belt first. It's like I'm being drawn to it somehow. It amazes me on how it's always the first thing i see when i look up. It's like i'll be driving or walking or doing whatever and then all of a sudden I'll get this urge to look up and I do and find myself stareing directly at Orion's Belt. I actually googled my experience and got this forum and the only reason I registered was to reply to this.. Hopeing just maybe someone will get back at me with a legitimate answer, one i've been hopeing to hear. So if anyone's got got an answer to my strong connection with Orion I'm all ears.. or eyes haha

[edit on 6-11-2007 by Jamesgrnstd]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I've always been drawn to the belt of the Orion constellation. I am not sure why either. It could be from staring at the alignment since I was very young, it could be the connection to the outline of Giza's three largest pyramids, or it could be something else. I do know why, but I look at it every time I am in the night.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
thesaint

I feel exactly the same way as you, I have allways felt that it was 'my' Orion, it's good to know that others feel the same way.

I could never 'feel' the same way to another constellation as say The Great Wagon or The Bull, 2 very easy to see 'signs'.

Count me in as a Orionoid.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Hi,

Tried a meditation technique last night,and had a strange dream/vision of orions belt.

I imagined as i was watching the belt,suddenly another star,equally as bright,appeared to the right and just below Mintaka.

Don't know if it means anything but just thought i would share my experience.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by thesaint

It sounds to me like you're trying to imply that your from "Orion" which I think is highly unlikely! I'm quite fond of the Pleaides but I'm not a Peledian!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
go anywhere else in the galaxy and Orion doesn't exsist. It only appears to us, because we are the only ones who see it at our angle.

the middle star in the belt, isn't a star.. its a cluster of millions of stars stretching millions of light years away.

your looking at it, in a human scale.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Nice to see this old thread revived after all this time. As for the comment 2 above then in no way do i believe or imply i am from oriion. Talk about trying to put words in my mouth. Hell im 100% bog standard human from earth nothing more, nothing less.

I believe i was trying to portray a connection to Orion in a romantic old friend kind of way because that is how i feel i connect with it.

At no time did i say "Yes i am from Orion" that would be daft.....

To the last post above. Yes i have seen that we are the only ones to view it as it is but to me that makes it more unique and like an old friend as it is "Our Orion" as it only appears to us in that form

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tunin

I find myself feeling content and at peace when im looking up at the stars.

It's sort of like when you look at an old picture, and you remember how happy you were in that moment in time... sorry that's a bad comparison, but the best I could do...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaint

Wow. I can't believe I have never seen this thread before.
On the subject - I completely understand you. Just as mentioned on the first post I've always felt close to Orion for some reason. As you stated I also always wait for winter to come just to see it rise again through the night sky.

No I don't think, assume or theorize anything over the issue
but it is just a fact. One justification I personally have for it is the fact that perhaps randomly it just so happened that in many times in my life that marked me (whether through joy or sadness) Orion was just there. I just happened to look at it at those times - and this may sound idiotic
- but it always made me feel better looking at it.

An example was the day my father died - the day itself was hectic and messed up in many ways as is usual when someone that close to you dies. At night when I finally allowed myself to think about it I looked up at the sky and there was Orion.
Nothing odd there but the ridiculous part of that particular moment is that at that moment the ammount of comfort and closure I instantly felt just by looking at that constelation surpassed everything (and everyone) that had tried to cheer me that day.

I know it sounds stupid and I really have no way to explain it but that's just it - at any time of my life no matter the circumstance just looking at Orion makes me feel an immense comfort.

Didn't know others felt atracted to it as well

Thanks for the thread.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
hmm,
lots of people feel a connection to orion but don't know why.
i know a few of these people myself.. but what is this connection..

the following an explanation of how we share the same cell of space as siriusb.

To Egypt, the 23rd of July, when Sirius starts to rise the waters of the Nile begin to flood. Then it meant fertility, that is one reason, for she was Isis. Sirius, Isis, the great mother of the gods. Even the Swiss celebration day, is the 1st of August. This is a Sirius relative.

Our solar system is born in from the womb of Isis. Sirius B, which is Isis , is made of iron (radio astronomy has shown). The iron of Sirius b, is the same as the iron in our blood and the iron of Earth and of our solar system. Sirius is our blood. We resonate to her. She is older than our solar system, which is a combination of interstellar debris, including the gas clouds, our sperm of Osiris/Orion. The iron in our blood comes from Sirius, its position in the sky, could thus be considered to resonate to Sirius's position of influence. Iron is the only true magnetic element.

Sirius has a unique relationship to us. The difference between the mass of our sun and the mass of Sirius is a harmonic and universal miracle. Sirius B has a ratio mass difference to our sun of 1.053 (a harmonic of the all significant Great Pyramid Grand Galery length of 153 feet). This becomes significant when we look at the Giza plateau. When comparing the mean base side of the Cheops Great Pyramid to the Mean base side of the Khephren pyramid, the larger Cheops measurement is 1.067 that of the Khephren's.

When this is then compared to the equation of Sirius B and our sun, the Great Pyramid being Sirius, and the Khephren pyramid our sun, as the Egyptian Book Of The Dead indicates (in fact the hieroglyph for Sirius is the Hieroglyph of the pyramid) they share a difference 0,01, which is very precise, scientifically. However, there is an extra digit 0.014, that doesn't sound so perfect anymore).

But this turns out to be an essential key in harmonic theory, the phenomenon of resonance itself. For 0.014 is actually the Pythagorean comma. The Pythagoreans were those 'mystic' mathematicians, who loved mathematics as the mystery of the ages. But what is the Pythagorean comma?

It is the difference between the mathematics of the octave and the 5th. 0.0136 is that precise discrepancy between the mathematics of the fifth and the octave, and it is rounded off as 0.014, and as Sir Arthur Eddington relates: there is 136° of freedom of the electron. theory is 0,.036. And furthermore 136 + 1 equals the Fine structure Constant of physics, the universal natural constant. Fractal harmonics, in the resonance of the Sun Sirius Pyramids equation, or interstellar neuron holography.

This is also evidenced, historically as having been implicated in the ancient "Mystery Schools" within the Archaic Esoteric Arkana of the Arcane Wisdom, as a precise wisdom, or the Isis Mysteries, and her mathematics.The astronomer and mathematician Macrobius, at the end of the fourth century mentioned the sacred fraction 256/243 which is 0.053 (Sirius b mass to Sun), and describes its use in harmonic theory by peoples which already to him were "ancients".

This harmony of the Sphere is accurate within 3 decimals of each other, and it is also the difference between perfect mathematics (the ones that work theoretically) and the actual mathematics of the universe, 0,014. What that means is that Sirius is no coincidence. It is really resonating to our sun. It is connected to our sun like a neuron, because they have this major mathematical relation in size to each other, harmonic resonance, that is likened to holography, a kind of Virtual Neuron Internal Net, as we may call it, or as Astronomer Royal, Robert Temple, has dubbed it: "The Anubis Cell".

the whole article

peace

dz

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
To the Article above:

there is no way anyone can say the same chemical from a vast distant star shares the same dust as us.

Iron is abundant everywhere, and doesnt come from a single source.. its caused by the right conditions in a massive explosion. sounds like Someone is just trying to make connections with no data or even theory based on live science to back it up.

sounds like another "the ancients were smarter then us" story.
Id love to think there is some connection to Orion thats real.

the fact is that orion is the biggest constellation in the sky, and the most easly noticed. Just like the Big and small Dippers.. but spoons are boring.

plus Orion the Hunter is a great Metallica tune...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jmklaren

Hey, guess what? The Big and Little Dippers are not constellations.......they're asterisms.

Just thought I'd stop by and point that out.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Hi!

Like most of you, I too, am drawn to Orion's belt. I first became aware of Orion's Belt at an early age. I can't explain it. No, I'm not some freak. I'm a believer in and follower of Jesus Christ.

Not sure what the attraction is, but I'm sure it'll be revealed.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I have just searched 'what is the attraction of orions belt' and found your comment. I have never posted anything anywhere but what you said struck a chord as i have felt the same way from the age of about eleven.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The Dogon tribe have an interesting take on Sirius and why we love it so much.
This is not a one liner.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join