It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orions Belt

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This may sound a little freakish and i am merly posting this to see if anyone else here has a similar feeling or urge towards a star formation/constellation.

Ever since i could remember and i mean like the age of approx 8-9 years of age i have always had a very strong attraction to the constellation of Orion. I long for winter to come by as it is very visible and very close at this particular time of year. Seeing Orion brings me comfort and a feling of well being. I dont understand why and in no way am i suggesting i am decended from Orion or anything like that.

Seeing Orion at night brings a very spiritual and comforting feeling and i cannot help but watch Orion at night. Yes without meaning to sound odd i do feel some sort of connection with Orion something ive never been able to explain. Its a very odd feeling and when i first notice Orion in the Autumn/Winter months it brings a smile plus a great feeling of satisfaction and belonging.

I know this may sound odd and maybe it could be explained to a chilhood memory or some sort of birth sign or something but i would like to hear from anyone that experiences the same or even the oposite towards other star formations or even planets

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
It's interesting to read posts like yours because I've seen many people saying almost the same thing, not just about Orion, but the universe as a whole.

It will sound a bit crazy, but oftenly instead praying / asking guidance in a church or any other spiritual place, I just go outside, look at the stars and I start talking. Sounds insane, even for myself, but the feeling that it brings, the inner peace is so powerful that motivates me to do "more often".

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Well saint...
glad to see that im not the only orionoid out there! Myself and my wife love it when the winter comes to sit outside and watch orion rise above the skyline....great sight, a real treat. The whole constellations magic, and has a real 'pull' for us both, so now i know were not alone, i'll admit to it!!

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I think people like orion because its so easy to identify.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Glad to see others feel the same. Although Nygdan i can see you point especially as this time of year the Orion is so huge and almost everyone knows of Orion but i must say my feelings go a lot deeper than that its a very odd feeling but also very warm and nice

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I have orions belt across my nose in freckles. and on my left shoulder. Doubt it means anything. Least I hope not.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I have a similar feeling when ever i get the chance to head out bush. The night sky in central australia when your miles from civilisation is just awesome. No particular constellation overwhelms me, just the universe as a whole.
I find it funny (strange not haha) that some will say that it makes them feel small or insignificant, it has the opposite effect for me, i feel as though its putting on a show just for me.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
same here it has an overwhelming but welcoming effect. Times that by 10 and thts what Orion does for me. Why? I dont know.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint
This may sound a little freakish and i am merly posting this to see if anyone else here has a similar feeling or urge towards a star formation/constellation.

Ever since i could remember and i mean like the age of approx 8-9 years of age i have always had a very strong attraction to the constellation of Orion. I long for winter to come by as it is very visible and very close at this particular time of year.

Wow this is quite mad what you are saying because i have a simular feeling about these orion stars.
And i got it around the same age you are mentioning, quite odd.
From the age of 8-9 i started looking a lot at these sars for some reason and i remember thinking/knowing that these stars are of some kind of importance.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Since we are talking about Orion, the great hunter............

On the website "False Gospel in the Stars" they have alot to say about Orion. Including that Skull and Bones symbol may come from Orion's missing head and missing legs. The website has much symbology they attribute to Orion, including the constellation being a gate of some kind .

watch.pair.com... (that is the website) if you are interested.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I know what you mean by the sense of importance but this is something i have never figured out and im not going to pretend i know either. There seems to be a meaning behind it somewhere but ive never worked what it could possibly be.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Thesaint, and everyone else who feels the same.

i haven't really thought about it until you brought this up but I have to admit that also around 8-9 years of age i too found something friendly and familiar with Orion. At night whenever I get the creeps when I'm out hiking i can always rely on Orion. It calms me too. Not like a trazadone pill but much more subtley. I feel some sort of connection to it, and I'm glad others do to. Even since antiquety man has had a fondness for orion. Not sure if because it dominates the winter sky or if it's for other reasons. When I look at orion in real life,not the photos, the universe seems small and like i have a place in it or a history or connection some how, orion spurs those feelings on. So for what ever it's worth I too feel the same.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
It would seem there is something going on with this Orion thing and heres me thinking i was the only one. I didnt want to post this thread for fear of ridicule but im glad i did.

Peace to you all my fellow Orionoids

Seriously though i doubt i will ever find the connection but its nice to feel the comfort and welcoming by Orion. Out of curiosity who here is a winter baby. I am myself (December) just in case that could have anything to do with it

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Im a winter baby too, June.

Opposite side of the globe though!!!

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a note...

the Giza pyramids were a faithful mimicry of the stars forming the 'belt' in the constellation of Orion. In addition, it transpired that the supposed 'air shafts' in the pyramids actually pointed directly towards Orion, apparently with the aim of projecting the soul of the deceased king out towards the constellation.

dspace.dial.pipex.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Check out the photo I took a couple of years ago.

It's in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I just thought you all might appreciate it.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Yeah im a last day of october baby... ready to watch old orion warm up the night sky with that good old fuzzy inside feeling as it climbs into the sky!!

i loved it ever since I was old enough to know what the stars were - no other constellation interested me nearly a quarter as much!

Glad its not just me and my wife...rofl...glad some one else started this thread though!!

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I know exactly what your talking about something very soothing about this star cluster. Something that pulls you to it.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Check out the photo I took a couple of years ago.

It's in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I just thought you all might appreciate it.

That is a very cool pic!
Do you mind if I use it as a screen saver? What equipment did you use to get this photo.

Back on topic.....My three year old can pick out Orions belt. He always goes out with me at night when I let the dog out. I quiz him on the limited knowlege I have of the moon and stars. I hope this helps him to develop a deeper appreciation of the awsome Universe we live in. My fascination in Orion developed late in life when I read some books by Alaxander Hislop and learned more about Egypt.

[edit on 2-11-2006 by Sparky63]

[edit on 2-11-2006 by Sparky63]

apc

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung
a note...

the Giza pyramids were a faithful mimicry of the stars forming the 'belt' in the constellation of Orion. In addition, it transpired that the supposed 'air shafts' in the pyramids actually pointed directly towards Orion, apparently with the aim of projecting the soul of the deceased king out towards the constellation.

dspace.dial.pipex.com...

That came to mind first as well. This attraction to Orion is an ancient one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join