It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orions Belt

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaint

I would think pretty much everyone loves seeing the Orion belt. Maybe it's because it's so easily recognizable among all that mass of shiny dots faraway. That's why there are so many different legends about it. People from every culture on Earth noticed those three blinking stars, almost like saying "hello".

I love it because it reminds me of an evening with my family, long ago. There were three of us, and we were having such a good time; and then we looked up, and there were the three of "us" mirrored above....

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Orion's belt has special significance for me as well. I do not know whether it was mere coincidence or means something, but I have a clear formation of orion's belt on my left cheek. I've had it for as long as I can remember and when I look at pictures of the star formation, I can't help but compare it to my own configuration. It might sound wierd, I know, but it's not like I have a lot of freckles on my face, and it's not just some small little thing you can barely see, it is quite prominent. Anyway, I just thought it was wierd and you might like to hear about it. Thank you.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint
This may sound a little freakish and i am merly posting this to see if anyone else here has a similar feeling or urge towards a star formation/constellation.

Ever since i could remember and i mean like the age of approx 8-9 years of age i have always had a very strong attraction to the constellation of Orion. I long for winter to come by as it is very visible and very close at this particular time of year. Seeing Orion brings me comfort and a feling of well being. I dont understand why and in no way am i suggesting i am decended from Orion or anything like that.

Seeing Orion at night brings a very spiritual and comforting feeling and i cannot help but watch Orion at night. Yes without meaning to sound odd i do feel some sort of connection with Orion something ive never been able to explain. Its a very odd feeling and when i first notice Orion in the Autumn/Winter months it brings a smile plus a great feeling of satisfaction and belonging.

I know this may sound odd and maybe it could be explained to a chilhood memory or some sort of birth sign or something but i would like to hear from anyone that experiences the same or even the oposite towards other star formations or even planets

I feel naked without seeing Orion above my house now since it is headed towards the southern region. I always felt as if it was watching my neck of the woods. Now that it is gone it seems now I feel my life is going to change soon. This is just my feeling

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This is the most bizarre science topic thread I have encountered on ATS. Perhaps science is moving to a new area. Whatever...I'm jumping in with: why is the faint star that appears to be Orion's head looking like a mothman head? Why does Orion look like a kite? Why do so many people mistake Orion for the Little Dipper (Ursa Minor?)

If Orion is a marker for a dimensional gateway, is that where Hale-Bopp came from...another dimension? What else recently has come through this gate and what might be still to come?

These are the questions that this thread raises for me. I don't have any answers but have enjoyed reading.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
You might find this of interest:

"Orion's Dark Secret"

www.newscientist.com...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The stars in Orion's Belt are not really that close to each other in "3D space" -- they just look that way from Earth when we look at our "2D sky".

In fact, one of the stars in Orion's Belt is actually closer to Earth than it is from the other two stars in Orion's Belt -- so the idea that these three stars are some sort of gateway or some sort of "place in space" doesn't make sense.

So, there really is no "place in space" that Orion's Belt exists -- i.e., there is no place in space that you can go to and say "this is the location of Orion's belt" -- it's really just three stars that are a LONG LONG way from each other that happen to form a straight line when viewed from Earth.

[edit on 5/23/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
yes
yes it does sound completely insane.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I read somewhere that when Betelgeuse, a star in Orion, reaches the 30th degree of Gemini, the Age of Aquarius is officially open. Have a good night.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Orion is one of the few constellations I've always been able to recognize instantly...that and the Pleiades really stand out in the night sky for some reason, even more than the big dipper.

As noted numerous times elsewhere, there are lots of monuments on earth (including the pyramids in Egypt) that appear to line up with or recaptulate Orion's belt in some way. It seems to be intuitively recognizable all over the world and in many different eras of history.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I have orion moles on my right side of chest. my right hand and right ankle.. hmmm. Alot of triangles tooo.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I've always been into the big dipper personally , though i LOVE when I'm able to make out Orion's dagger. That is amazing to me. My neighbor/good friend LOVES Orion's belt.

I have that star pattern, the W, on my left arm as freckles/marks.
I have always thought it was awesome.
Casseopiea is the name of the constellation that's on my arm since birth.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
On ancient aliens there was a culture that believed we where brought here from one of those stars. Now i know we wernt brought here from a star but possibly a rotating planet.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Not so much Orion specifically, although it is easy to find, but it's hard to not look up at the stars on a clear night and be totally awestruck by the sheer majesty of it all... I still remember looking through a telescope for the first tiem at age 7 at Jupiter and the four visible moons, and being totally blown away.
Nearly 30 years later and the stars hold the same majesty they always have.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
There two places I always enjoy setting my scope up to look into the stars. The Pleiades and the Great Orion Nebula. If you ever have a chance, look at the nebula. was just outside side looking at Orion. It is wonderful this time of year.
Venus is up at sunset, Jupiter all night long, and now Mars and Saturn in the early morning hours.
As many stated, I myself have been intrigued by Orion starting at a young age. Gotta love a crisp clear night,even without a scope.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
As far as similarities we may have. Im a 30 yr old male from nebraska. Born in june. At least 3 "Orions belt mole formations on my body. Im not sure on my religion nowadays. Lately ive been wondering more and more about this ancient alien theory.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
There truly is something about Orion, that I have been fascinated about as a child. I can't put my finger on it, but since I was young, it has felt like a guardian watching over me whenever it was in the sky. I tried photographing Orion a week ago in Wales, UK - I was quite happy with the outcome!

I hope you all like it

edit on 28-11-2011 by shmonkus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
yea orion was my favert as well never a night that the stars were out i missed looking at it .
spent so much time trying to see if there was anything else to see.
LOL but on the other hand My friends all said i was spacy

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

the pillars of creation has that effect on me
but more of a feeling of belonging there
needing to be there

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Orion from Head to Toe

(large photograph)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Well I can't say I feel any "attraction" towards Orion. But I have, much like you, many times felt comfort in seeing Orion in the night sky.

I think it's because it reminds me of past times when I've watched the sky, and because of the fact that star gazing in general calms me a lot, and makes my thoughts flow. And since Orion often is very visible, it's no wonder I feel extra calm when seeing it

I'm the type of person who likes his "alone time" if you know what I mean. So when I'm out with my friend/s and a lot of times feeling stressed (not necessarily in a negative way though), I kinda calm down and feel well when I see the stars, especially specific star formations like Orion.

I wish I lived where I used to live until December last year (where I lived from when I was roughly 13 years old back in 2003 until December 2010), a lot of my star gazing memories are from there, from my back garden
I miss it so much!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join