It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orions Belt

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaint

I get ya man! I am the same way. The first time I took note of Orion was when I was in 4th grade. I had suffered from a life threatening illness for about a month, in and out of the emergency room, and just felt sooooo grateful that I was able to make it to the "star gazing" night our 4th grade teacher put on (we didn't have any guys in our class and so she was able to organize a slumber party for us hehe).

Although I had to be carried in and out, my dad did make sure that I was able to attend. The only constellation that stood out in my mind was Orion.. I am not a bible thumper, but my favorite verse in the bible is Amos 5:8..."Seek him that maketh the seven stars and Orion, and turneth the shadow of death into the morning, and maketh the day dark with night: that calleth for the waters of the sea, and poureth them out upon the face of the earth: The LORD is his name"...

Used it in my graduating speech and always turn to that verse for comfort. I am like you OP.. I long for this time of year and I wait up to the early morning hours just to catch a glimpse of Orion. Fills me with strength.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Funkydung

I have a theory about orions missing head and legbones.Orion represents nimrod in the night sky.Nimrod was the first false messiah.Throughout
history the true messiah and the false have been building up to a complete man.The masons, shriners , templars and other secret societies have a connotation of building something.The head represents man's knowledge and his wisdom and the legs represent carrying it out.The body of christ is also being built with christ as the head.When both are complete we will see revelations come to reality.I'm limited to a small space for my thoughts on this.I have plenty more! anonymous

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
yep, Orion for me too. I have a "Orion" in moles on my stomach. Even the one that is little askew.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Check out the photo I took a couple of years ago.

It's in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I just thought you all might appreciate it.

Spectacular.

Much appreciated.

I saw another post in the thread you posted above that asked about an adapter for a camera.

I took it to mean adapting a film camera to digital.

Reason I ask is I have a Nikon with quite a few accessories, lenses etc. and it's a shame that it lies in the safe and seldom gets used.

Would be nice to adapt it to digital.

Is there such a gadget?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Desert Dawg

as far as i know you cant convert a film SLR to digital but if you buy a nikon digital SLR then you'll find that most if not all your lenses should fit without any problems as they tend to use the same mount, i still use all my old cannon 35mm lens' with my new 400d

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesainti have always had a very strong attraction to the constellation of Orion.

I've always been fascinated by the moon. I never knew until I was twenty-five years old or so, but I was born on the day of the full moon. Be that the reason for it or not, I don't know.

Originally posted by mojo4saleThe night sky in central australia when your miles from civilisation is just awesome.

I hope I get the chance to see that once in my lifetime.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
thanks for your post OP

i'd like to say that in my experience, for as long as i can remember, i've been drawn to subjects such as astronomy, space exploration, history, extraterrestrials, folklore and myths and particularly ancient egypt.

since i was little, since i can remember, i have felt a strong connection with these things - i just always assumed that it was because my dad always had books about this stuff lying around.

i wouldn't say that i feel a particularly strong connection with any one constellation, but with the universe as a whole, yes definitely.

maybe one day i'll find out why.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neilc1972
reply to post by Desert Dawg

as far as i know you cant convert a film SLR to digital but if you buy a nikon digital SLR then you'll find that most if not all your lenses should fit without any problems as they tend to use the same mount, i still use all my old cannon 35mm lens' with my new 400d

Thanks for the info.
I like my compact digital, but there are times it's limited.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Well what an amazing site.
Yes since I was a kid I too always felt like those 3 stars were 'mine'.
I am 62
I too feel a sense of comfort when I see them.
I also had three moles on my arm in the same configuration.
I am a wiinter baby (January)
I was hopeless at school, and had no interest in history, until we get onto Egyptian history and the pyramids. I was fascinated. Since then I have always felt some sort of a connection with them.
I have travelled to many parts but I would be really happy to visit them before I die.
The only other person I have come across before this site, who claims a connection, was a British comedian, Spike Milligan. In his biography he mentions them, and makes the statement that he always felt they were 'his' three stars

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint
This may sound a little freakish and i am merly posting this to see if anyone else here has a similar feeling or urge towards a star formation/constellation.

Ever since i could remember and i mean like the age of approx 8-9 years of age i have always had a very strong attraction to the constellation of Orion. I long for winter to come by as it is very visible and very close at this particular time of year. Seeing Orion brings me comfort and a feling of well being. I dont understand why and in no way am i suggesting i am decended from Orion or anything like that.

Seeing Orion at night brings a very spiritual and comforting feeling and i cannot help but watch Orion at night. Yes without meaning to sound odd i do feel some sort of connection with Orion something ive never been able to explain. Its a very odd feeling and when i first notice Orion in the Autumn/Winter months it brings a smile plus a great feeling of satisfaction and belonging.

I know this may sound odd and maybe it could be explained to a chilhood memory or some sort of birth sign or something but i would like to hear from anyone that experiences the same or even the oposite towards other star formations or even planets

I don't know if my first post will show up. so I registered.
I have felt the same since I was a kid about "my" three stars.
There are too many coincidences here for them to be coincidences.
I would be intrigued to follow this up and see if there is a common thread that we all share.
I am strictly only interested in Orions Belt.
I don't really want to discuss theories.
I don't want to discuss spiritual matters.
I'd love to find out what we all have in common.
I believe if there is something bigger going on here, we won't find it. But it would be interesting to see how far we get.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
It would be interesting to see how far this goes. I must sat that since my initial post i had 3 stars tattooed upon my forearm. (No im not mad, Im covered in tattoos as it is but 3 stars felt apt this time) I have noticed since the shocking amount of people with 3 stars tattoed upon themselves. I asked the guy who did mine as he is a friend of mine with his own studio and he said a serious amount of people request 3 stars and many of them mention Orion ??????

[edit on 5-1-2009 by thesaint]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I have always had a strong attraction to the Pleiades. They are one f the few star sets I know. I find them so beautiful they site in the sky like a perfect Jewel. You can only see them on a clear night. Some people refer to them as the seven sisters.

kx

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint

It would be interesting to see how far this goes. I must sat that since my initial post i had 3 stars tattooed upon my forearm. (No im not mad, Im covered in tattoos as it is but 3 stars felt apt this time) I have noticed since the shocking amount of people with 3 stars tattoed upon themselves. I asked the guy who did mine as he is a friend of mine with his own studio and he said a serious amount of people request 3 stars and many of them mention Orion ??????

[edit on 5-1-2009 by thesaint]

I'd like to see if there are anything that we all have in common.
We can do this anonymously.
I'm just interested in the Orion people.
Shall we bare our souls?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
www.google.com...

Now, while I take note of the 2012 stuff, I don't necessarily subscribe to it. However, I kept noticing that Orion was being pulled into the mix. Anyway, there is the search. While I LOVE gazing at Orion, I am not so interesting in reading it and trying to discern what may or may not be worthy of note, but for those who are....... there ya go.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Helloo fellow Orioneyes, I was a latecomer to realize the connection, but one incredibly beautiful night about 30 years ago, I was tripping with my one true love sitting on an old lava flow at little Makena on Maui and Orion was high
in the sky. Now when I happen to glance up into the winter night it is usually Orion I see first of all and always it's letting me know, don't worry be happy !
Who knows, perhaps some of us have traveled far only to realize that we left something behind.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Well, I also feel a link to Orion. I was travelling at night a few weeks back and I looked at the stars and as soon as I saw Orion, I couldn't take my eyes of it, especially Orion's Belt. I remember when I was younger, probably about 10-11, that I became interested in the stars. My father showed my how to find the north star and a few other constellations, but it is Orion that I always look for. Orion's Belt just looks so perfect there in the sky. Whatsmore, I recently found on my left arm, a backwards image of Orion's Belt, as well as freckles that could represent Bellatrix and Betelgeuse. I wonder how many others have the same thing. I mean, not everyone tries to make freckles into shapes or constellations and not everyone knows what Orion's Belt is so I'm sure there are a whole load of people with something similar on their bodies. I also like the fact that Orion's Belt is related to the positioning of the Pyramids of Giza, it just makes it that whole bit better

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I have no memory of when I first gazed apon orion. But all of my life, I have had some unexplained powerful and spiritual connection to it.

When the fall comes and orion comes into view, I feel an unexplained sense of joy, happiness and peace...euphoric.

I'm am suprised to see here other people feel the same exact way, I have thought all my life It was perhaps just me...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I forgot all about this thread until this evening i gazed upon Orion for the first time this winter. I was greeted with that warm feeling of belonging and happiness. This to me is one amazing thing to see. Since starting this thread some years ago i had 3 stars tattooed on my forearm thats how strong i feel about this little set of stars. Whatever it all means and even if it means nothing i dont care its comforting

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I can remember to the day when I argued with my mother about the "little dipper" I was wrong I had been watching Orion for a while prior to this day in 1977 She would not tell me and I checked an astronomy book out from public school to find out what it was....
I was 6 years old maybe 7 been a fan ever since.....

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Doc Holiday]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Thats cool. I suppose there must be fans of every other star pattern there is but for some reason i just keep finding Orion people.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join