It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Was Paid To Post Conspiracy Theories

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Hello ats members I need your help. A long time ago I was a member of ATS and other conspiracy sites. I was approached by what I assumed was a pr agency to post about 9/11 conspiracy theories. Some of the theories were really crazy stuff and I always thought I was being paid to create some kind of buzz for a book or movie. They paid me to post all kinds of crazy 9/11 conspiracy stuff on boards and blogs, but never on ATS because I was former member.

But now I'm certain the people paying me are connected to the government as they are making serious threats, even talking about possible jail time, if I tell anyone about what the "nut crew" was paid to do. They used that term often, and other "crew" terms, which caused me to believe I was one of several people doing this.

I've spoken with three reporters at different news sources who all became interested in my story but were then told to ignore me by their editors. I want to turn to my old reliable friends at ats to try and figure out how we can reveal this story without harming my personal safety? I think its an important story that needs to get out, but I'm worried about repercussions. Do you have any ideas?

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Frankly, I hope your stay here is very short. First of all you are a disinfo agent and secondly how could anybody trust a word you say about anything.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Please post a copy of one of your paychecks with the account numbers blacked out.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Hello, and thanks for posting.

My question is, why would they need YOU? What special skills do you have? Why would they risk exposing an operation like that just by approaching some regular Joe on the street? HOW WERE YOU RECRUITED? SPECIFICALLY? Wouldn't someone involved with an operation like that have the funds to hire professionals, and effectively mask that they WERE professionals?

Sorry my friend, but where is the proof?

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by zoldmyzoul
But now I'm certain the people paying me are connected to the government as they are making serious threats, even talking about possible jail time, if I tell anyone about what the "nut crew" was paid to do.

Which government are you speaking of? I'm curious to know who you think approached you.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
what were the usernames and which boards have you posted these conspiracy theories on?

I'd like to read some of the forced theories that this PR company is pushing.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
How long ago was this?
How about an excerpt of one of your theories.
I'm sure the threads are still lingering around.

ATS has years worht of posts, still available for viewing..Other sites probably do as well.

I'd like to see some of your "stuff"

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
what we want.

1) Your former ATS name.

2) Photocopy of one of your paychecks and or contractual agreement.

3) Exerts of your former posts.

Because really, your probably just an 9/11 debunker on here to seed doubt and dismissal by claiming you helped seed fake 9/11 conspiracies. I sincerely doubt you had any formal relations to ANY PR agency, no less any government, and as a matter of fact, I'm almost certain this is a hoax to try to discredit any conspiracy revolving around 9/11.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
sounds like the repeat of your august posts..

Link to thread

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
How do we know that this isn't a "paid" disinformation post?

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Your right, I am a paid disinfo agent. And I want to get out.

I was paid through paypal there were no paper checks.

I don't know *why* I would be needed except that they explained they were looking for people with experience talking about conspiracies online. I got the feeling they werent very experienced at this when they first hired me.

I think it is the us government since all if this is in the us.

I'm uncomfortable revealing my past names and posts as that would quickly identify me as a wistleblower if anyone is watching.

I started posting their material in 2003.

I'm not a debunker. I always and still think the government was involved, and at first I thought I was helping to expose that.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
OK, then post a screenshot of the payments being received by your account.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I think a screen shot of paypal is easy enough for anyone to fake. I made websites for them too so if I wanted I could make all kinds of fake stuff that look good.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
why not post an exact copy of the request for your services by the said employment agent and the copies of the documents involved in your employemtn transaction that lead to you working for this "agency".

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I'll take my chances with that, its still evidence. Please post the screenshot.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by zoldmyzoul
But now I'm certain the people paying me are connected to the government as they are making serious threats, even talking about possible jail time, if I tell anyone about what the "nut crew" was paid to do.

This doesn't quite make sense. In order to have "jail time", you would have to be accused of a crime. Posting nutty theories and getting paid to do it doesn't equate jail time. Lying about stuff gets you kicked off boards but there's nothing in the various laws of various countries that says this is a criminal offense.

I fail to see any real threat here.

It recently came to light that some folks were paid to write stories (propaganda) about Iraq. Names were named and documentation was provided and this was all over the media earlier this year and nobody involved in this went to jail or was prosecuted.

Publicly humiliated, yes. Jailed, no.

So I fail to see why you should be at any risk.

I've spoken with three reporters at different news sources who all became interested in my story but were then told to ignore me by their editors.

Perhaps for lack of evidence on your part or lack of proof given to them?

I want to turn to my old reliable friends at ats to try and figure out how we can reveal this story without harming my personal safety? I think its an important story that needs to get out, but I'm worried about repercussions. Do you have any ideas?

Your old reliable friends here at ATS have seen far too many hoaxes and scams. We'd like some evidence.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I think you must get the point that we're looking for some way to verify what you're saying. Old posts or emails or any records whatsoever, even if they could be faked, are at least something you should be able to offer.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
zoldmyzoul, you can u2 any of the staff and have one of us independently verify what you say by providing us with past usernames or websites you built and boards you posted these theories under. That way your handlers won't have a sudden rush of interest to you aliases.

it's going to be hard for any of us to believe you without some sort of corrobating evidence. At least be specific with the fake pushed theories and where on the web we could find them.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
So you were paid by someone you didn't know, for reasons you can't figure out, to post things you knew where lies?

Sounds like you're a stand up guy

You're affraid of revealing the truth or providing any kind of proof because you fear for your safety? So you're not just a liar but a coward too? You're not even in the US.

A reminder:

Terms & Conditions

1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

If you're here to jerk us around, you won't be here long.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Of course, this thread will end with a mod closing it, due to the topic creator falsifying his posts so that he can gain attention. Why would any government/business pay him money to post disinformation when they can do it themselves for free, and with people they can actually control?

Second, if he really did recieved "funds" through paypal, then paypal will show the person's name/business name of who paid as well as their email address.

Last, most threads posted here are backed by sources. I doubt he would get away with disinformation without someone noticing his false info, or someone asking for his sources.

My guess is that he's going to end this thread with a statement such as "It was all a joke. I can't believe you guys fell for it." He's either ridiculing the conspiracy community by thinking we're gullible to believe anything, or he is trying to get attention.

All in all, to the topic creator, the absence of proof, and your refusal to post ANY level of proof shows your deceptiveness.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join