It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cars Still Burning in France Everyday

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Though its gone under the radar for almost a year, France is still smoldering from the riots in which thousands of cars were burned. 112 cars still get torched everyday. That, however, pales in comparison to the attacks on police, which have increased dramatically.

www.timesonline.co.uk
The figures are stark. An average of 112 cars a day have been torched across France so far this year and there have been 15 attacks a day on police and emergency services. Nearly 3,000 police officers have been injured in clashes this year. Officers have been badly injured in four ambushes in the Paris outskirts since September. Some police talk of open war with youths who are bent on more than vandalism.

“The thing that has changed over the past month is that they now want to kill us,” said Bruno Beschizza, the leader of Synergie, a union to which 40 per cent of officers belong. Action Police, a hardline union, said: “We are in a civil war, orchestrated by radical Islamists.”

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It's amazing that they continue to allow this to simmer just under the surface. They seem incapable of dealing with this problem. Justice delayed is justice denied I suppose.

It seems to me that France will be one of the first European nations to come to grips with its immigrant population, or it will be one of the first to collapse from within!

Related News Links:
www.telegraph.co.uk
news.scotsman.com
www.wharton.universia.net

[edit on 2006-10-21 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Wow how sad I was going to move there too.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
This does seem quite high, but are there actual statistics available for other countries such as the U.S. and U.K. to make a comparison?

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
and how they riot!

My wifes family live about 28 miles from Paris in a small village, and they have each year spent two weeks looking after grandma in Paris..

Not any more - since these riots started there is no saftey for either Police or white people within the suburbs at night - these gangs are hell bent on lawlessness, so they moved grandma out to the village. The Police have areas that are no goes - islamic and black africans have turned parts of France into virtual slums and ghettos.... Its such a shame because France is so beautiful and 'french', I never thought i'd see the day when my wifes French relations are considering moving to England to escape the carnage.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Wow, it sounds like things are really going downhill in France. If what you say the native French are giving up and leaving and the Muslims are really taking over, in a few decades France (with all its thermonuclear weapons, nuclear power stations, etc) will be under the control of these people.

It's a scary thought!

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It is sad but it is also kind of funny because the French have spoken out against the U.S so many times but now they are the ones Failing. These people will force the french to pay their way through social programs and then they will give themselves control.
The Muslim scurge is coming and the world had better wake up soon. This has repeated itself many times through history and was a driving factor in the Crusades.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by factfinder38

The Muslim scurge is coming and the world had better wake up soon. This has repeated itself many times through history and was a driving factor in the Crusades.

I am astounded. This is the first time I have heard an outright admission that we are being driven back to the Dark Ages.

I mean, I saw it, just never heard it stated so clearly.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   

It's sad, but the truth cannot be denied. I hate to say it, but I actually feel sorry for the French.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
soficrow
Her is a little reading for you that may or may not help you see that this has not always been a Christian issue.
Be sure to read the Prelude I think it says a lot about what is going on today.
www.militaryhistoryonline.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Makes me wonder, how things have actually changed for the People living in this Ghettos, so that they have to do such things, in order to make themsleves and their problematics seen to the world and general public.

Looks like nothing much changed there.

Still the same Misery as always.

Sad really...

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Ok, calm down. Yes there are riots, yes cars are burned, but this is more due to stupid young boys wanting to play hard guys or a desperate call to be heard. This "riots" take place in poorer parts of towns, people are jobless and the young fear for their future.

We are far from any civil war! It's also a political play now as presidentials are on their way, the left wing, as Bush in the USA, try to awake some fear to get more votes.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Those numbers are meaningless without a comparison of the numbers before last year's riots.

And it is kind of funny how fast people started to change this to a "Muslims taking over France" thread...

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   

“The thing that has changed over the past month is that they now want to kill us,” said Bruno Beschizza, the leader of Synergie, a union to which 40 per cent of officers belong. Action Police, a hardline union, said: “We are in a civil war, orchestrated by radical Islamists.”

Your disagreement seems to be with the leader of the police union!

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
well, they do have problems, but i certainly don't think Hitlers theory of France becoming Europe's first non-white country will be coming true any time soon.

the National Front will end up getting in if native France thinks the muslims are taking over...

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght
Not any more - since these riots started there is no saftey for either Police or white people within the suburbs at night - these gangs are hell bent on lawlessness, so they moved grandma out to the village. The Police have areas that are no goes - islamic and black africans have turned parts of France into virtual slums and ghettos.... Its such a shame because France is so beautiful and 'french', I never thought i'd see the day when my wifes French relations are considering moving to England to escape the carnage.

England! LOL! they will be next the way they are going if not Holland first.
Try Canada or Australia or New Zealand maybe. I'm not even sure about those places they way they pack in the immigrants though.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Come to the United States...by then you might have to learn Spanish but at least you won't have to wear a veil and worry about being blown up!

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Oh no! Everyone run, this new species of people known as Muslims are taking over the world!

Seriously, it's easy to make such baseless claims. I can say the same thing you said, regarding other faiths and it will still hold true. For example:

"The Christian scurge is coming and the world had better wake up soon. This has repeated itself many times through history and was a driving factor in the Crusades."

The fact of the matter is that what happened in France is due to France turning a blind eye to the oppresion of the people living in these areas. If you want to turn it into an "Islamic" issue, then please show us where Islam had a part to play in what happened.

[edit on 21-10-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   

posted by DJ Messiah
The Christian scurge is coming and the world had better wake up soon.

Please, there is no comparison in this day and age. Christian and Scourge don't belong in the same sentence. Unless of course you're describing what's happening to Christians at the hands of many other faiths.

The fact of the matter is that what happened in France is due to France turning a blind eye to the oppresion of the people living in these areas. If you want to turn it into an "Islamic" issue, then please show us where Islam had a part to play in what happened.

It's pretty simple really, just look at the vast majority of the muslim world, you will find very little democracy, and not much prosperity. All these people are doing is bringing their culture to France with them. If not for oil where would most muslim nations be?

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

French police face Muslim 'intifada'
By David Rennie
LONDON DAILY TELEGRAPH
October 12, 2006

BRUSSELS -- Radical Muslims in France's housing estates are waging an undeclared "intifada," or uprising, against the police, with violent clashes injuring about 14 officers each day.
As the Interior Ministry announced that nearly 2,500 officers had been wounded this year, a police union declared that its members were "in a state of civil war" with Muslims in the most depressed "banlieue" estates. Banlieue, which means outskirts, is the commonly used euphemism for the low-income housing projects heavily populated by unemployed youths of North African origin.

The police union said it had asked the government to provide police with armored cars to protect officers in the estates, which it said were becoming no-go zones.
The number of attacks has risen by a third in two years. Police representatives told the newspaper Le Figaro that the "taboo" of attacking officers on patrol has been broken.
Instead, officers -- especially those patrolling in pairs or small groups -- are facing attacks when they try to arrest locals.
Senior officers insisted that the problem was essentially criminal in nature, with crime bosses on the estates fighting back against tough tactics.

www.washtimes.com...

Muslim gang rapes and the Aussie riots
by Sharon Lapkin
Thursday December 15, 2005
from Front Page Magazine

In Australia this week amidst anger over an Islamic man’s rape conviction and the bashing of two Aussie life savers, working-class locals erupted in a rampage of anger and brawling in some of the worst racial riots in decades. But there is more to the story than is being repeated in the American mainstream media....

Four days after he set foot in Australia, the rape spree began. And during his sexual assault trial in a New South Wales courtroom, the Pakistani man began to berate one of his tearful 14-year-old victims because she had the temerity to shake her head at his testimony.

But she had every reason to express her disgust. After taking an oath on the Qur’an, the man – known only as MSK – told the court he had committed four attacks on girls as young as 13 because they had no right to say “no.” They were not covering their face or wearing a headscarf, and therefore, the rapist proclaimed: “I’m not doing anything wrong.”

MSK is already serving a 22-year jail term for leading his three younger brothers in a gang rape of two other young Sydney girls in 2002. In his own defence, he argued that his cultural background, was responsible for his crimes.

www.icjs-online.org...

White backlash at Sydney's Cronulla beach

And the authorities are targeting the whites of course -- the young working class white Australians who don't want to be driven off their own beaches by aggressive Muslims. I have put the missing words into the news report.

As train loads of teenagers got off at the station to make the short stroll to the water, teams of riot police, some on bikes, some on foot, moved among them. They were there to ensure that no one could claim ownership of the beach, what Mr Goodwin described as the playground of all Australians regardless of cultural background. There have been two attacks there since Sunday by groups of [Lebanese Muslim] youths on three volunteer lifesavers and a media crew.

"I grew up in this area myself and surfed this beach from the age of 10," Mr Goodwin said. "Let me clearly say that no one owns the beach, the beach is a resource for the entire of Sydney and we have ethnic populations that are just as entitled to use this beach that have been the backbone of this country for as many years. "They need to come down here and celebrate with their families and children in the Christmas spirit and the holiday period and do not need the agro of groups of young people wreaking any sort of retribution against them because they don't deserve it just as anyone else."

But it was on his orders, as inner metropolitan commander, that more than 70 extra police had been sent to the area amid fears of vigilantism following circulation of a text message urging "Aussies" to gather at Cronulla on Sunday for a day of "Leb/wog" bashing to reclaim the beaches.

awesternheart.blogspot.com...

But i guess is all good and dandy if the Islamic extremists which exist now pretty much all over the world are being opressed. i mean, what is the law to think that Muslim extremists have to change their ways when they immigrate into a western city.... The outrage i tell you, it is the western people who should change and accept Islamic radicalism....

Let me show you some other things that have been happening for a while now in Europe, including France as well as other western countries, but authorities have been so afraid of being branded "racists" that they have tried to hide this issue.

Racist rapes: Finally the truth comes out
By Miranda Devine
July 14 2002
The Sun-Herald

So now we know the facts, straight from the Supreme Court, that a group of Lebanese Muslim gang rapists from south-western Sydney hunted their victims on the basis of their ethnicity and subjected them to hours of degrading, dehumanising torture. The young women, and girls as young as 14, were "sluts" and "Aussie pigs", the rapists said. So now that some of the perpetrators are in jail, will those people who cried racism and media "sensationalism" hang their heads in shame? Hardly.

The journalists, academics, legal brains and politicians who tried to claim last August that the gang rapes of south-western Sydney were just a run-of-the-mill police blotter story being beaten up by racists, scaremongers and political opportunists don't ever want to acknowledge the truth about that ugly episode in Australian history. They don't want to acknowledge the fear and tension that ran through a part of Sydney they rarely visit and can never understand.

This newspaper was the first to report the story, which had been common knowledge in police and media circles, and it has never censored the race element.

Even last week, with the conviction of two brothers for their part in the gang rape of Miss D, who was 16 when she was held at gunpoint in a Greenacre park, there were media outlets that downplayed the story and air-brushed race from it.

Yet the victims have been crying out for the truth to be told. In court on Friday, one victim gave another a card on which she had written "Truth is Justice".

www.smh.com.au...

Lost in Sweden: A Kurdish Daughter Is Sacrificed
Sarah Lyall, USA
July 23, 2002

UPPSALA, Sweden—For a while, Fadime Sahindal seemed an ideal symbol of second-generation immigrant success in a country that prides itself on its openness and tolerance.

She spoke fluent Swedish, had a Swedish boyfriend and believed that foreigners should adapt to Swedish culture. Last year, she spoke passionately in Parliament about the difficulties of being a young Turkish woman pressing for Western-style independence against the wishes of her deeply traditional parents.

But it was this very desire for independence that provoked her father into a rage so great that he killed her in January, turning her into the tragic emblem of a European society's failure to bridge the gap in attitudes between its own culture and those of its newer arrivals.

www.wworld.org...

And you think all of this is happening, or has happened just in western cities? because the poor Islamic extremists think that the world owes them everything and everyone has to submit to them?... and you know what, it appears that even in their own countries they want to blame the crimes they comit on someone else...

Account of Punjab Rape Tells of a Brutal Society
By IAN FISHER

EERWALA, Pakistan, July 14 — The same haunting detail surfaces in the stories of everyone involved, including the woman, one of the four men who raped her, and the imam who finally broke the silence about the case. That detail is her pleading.

"When Khaliq dragged me away, I said, 'Khaliq, I am like a sister to you,' " said Mukhtaran Bibi, 28, who is now a thin, sleepless and frightened woman. "He did not listen to me. I even said, 'In the name of the Koran, please forgive me.' I asked the whole council for forgiveness, to save my honor."

"But nobody listened," she said. "They took me inside. And they raped me."

Gang rape, horrifying as it is, is not uncommon in this part of southern Punjab. What has shocked Pakistan is that a tribal council here, for the first time anyone can remember, decreed gang rape as a punishment to avenge an episode of illicit sex — one that probably never happened in the first place.

Ms. Bibi was raped on June 22, but word moved slowly out of this dusty farming village, which lacks even a paved road. In the last week, the government has arrested 18 people amid public angst that many basics in Pakistani life collided to cause this crime: women's low status, everyday violence, the weak reach of central authority, the injustices of a feudal society obsessed with honor and revenge.

www.racematters.org...

[edit on 22-10-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Some more information.

Danes Sentence Entire Clan for Honour Killing
From the desk of Filip van Laenen on Sun, 2006-07-02 09:53

This week, for the very first time, a court in Europe sentenced nine members of the same family for the honour killing of a female relative. Honour killings, where a woman is murdered for the shame that she is said to have brought on her family, are a growing phenomenon in Western Europe. In December 2005 Nazir Afzal, a spokesman of Britain’s Crown Prosecution Service stated that the United Kingdom has had “at least a dozen honour killings” between 2004 and 2005. British police are investigating more than 100 cases of women who died under mysterious circumstances. Germany was shocked last year by the murder of Hatin Surucu, a young Turkish woman who was killed by three brothers because she was “a whore who lived like a German.” A German women’s organization states that “There are no concrete statistics available, but unofficial estimates [of honour killings] are considered to be high. We get calls from women caught in difficult situations almost every two weeks.”

As in the Surucu case the general practice so far has been to sentence only the actual murderers. Last Tuesday in Denmark, however, a jury of the Østre Landsret ruled that not only the man who pulled the trigger was guilty, but every family member who collaborated in “punishing” Ghazala Khan, an 18-year old Danish-born woman of Pakistani origin, who was shot by her brother, 30-year old Akhtar Abbas, on 23 September 2005, two days after her marriage.

www.brusselsjournal.com...

THE DEATH OF A MUSLIM WOMAN
"The Whore Lived Like a German"
By Jody K. Biehl in Berlin

In the past four months, six Muslim women living in Berlin have been brutally murdered by family members. Their crime? Trying to break free and live Western lifestyles. Within their communities, the killers are revered as heroes for preserving their family dignity. How can such a horrific and shockingly archaic practice be flourishing in the heart of Europe? The deaths have sparked momentary outrage, but will they change the grim reality for Muslim women?

www.spiegel.de...

AN AMERICAN CONCERN

Fox News and CNN's Lou Dobbs worry about terrorists stealing across the United States' border with Mexico concealed among illegal immigrants. The Pentagon wages war in the Middle East to stop terrorist attacks on the United States. But the growing nightmare of officials at the Department of Homeland Security is passport-carrying, visa-exempt mujahideen coming from the United States' western European allies.

Jihadist networks span Europe from Poland to Portugal, thanks to the spread of radical Islam among the descendants of guest workers once recruited to shore up Europe's postwar economic miracle. In smoky coffeehouses in Rotterdam and Copenhagen, makeshift prayer halls in Hamburg and Brussels, Islamic bookstalls in Birmingham and "Londonistan," and the prisons of Madrid, Milan, and Marseilles, immigrants or their descendants are volunteering for jihad against the West. It was a Dutch Muslim of Moroccan descent, born and socialized in Europe, who murdered the filmmaker Theo van Gogh in Amsterdam last November. A Nixon Center study of 373 mujahideen in western Europe and North America between 1993 and 2004 found more than twice as many Frenchmen as Saudis and more Britons than Sudanese, Yemenites, Emiratis, Lebanese, or Libyans. Fully a quarter of the jihadists it listed were western European nationals -- eligible to travel visa-free to the United States.

The emergence of homegrown mujahideen in Europe threatens the United States as well as Europe. Yet it was the dog that never barked at last winter's Euro-American rapprochement meeting. Neither President George W. Bush nor Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice drew attention to this mutual peril, even though it should focus minds and could buttress solidarity in the West.

www.foreignaffairs.org...

But again, do not be afraid people, once president Bush finishes his term, and if we Republicans don't win the elections again, everything will go back to normal and people will live in peace and harmony forever more.....

[edit on 22-10-2006 by Muaddib]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join