It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Cars Still Burning in France Everyday

page: 5
4
<< 2  3  4   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Let's be blunt: immigrants coming straight into any given Western generally don't have much money, or education.

Please do not forget to remember as Souljah pointed out already, the majority of these extreme civil protestors are actually French citizens by birth, not immigrants. they are the children of immigrants, not the immigrants themselves.

So you believe that they probably do not have much education, and yet you claim

Originally posted by DeusEx
DYepes, to be honest, hugging and educating these people isn't going to work.
These people need jobs, not books.


So what exactly do you have in mind as far as jobs go Deus? Flipping burgers, picking up garbage and cleanining homes and business? If that is the case then I agree you probably do not need many books. However, I think we can all agree that those kind of jobs will do little to support a family, let alone a decent lifestyle.

However, if we agree that they deserve a chance at engineering, attorneys, surgeons and a variety of trade skills, they will obviously need books and education won't they?

As far as Europe goes, there is not much left to develop. If you cannot build any more cities, your left to service jobs. Medical industry comes to mind, but well, I get the feeling many Europeans are disgusted at the idea of some dirty immgrant jihadist terrorist treating them, we we?




posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Call me pathetic or whatever you wish;

I stand by my words and no post by mister Muad'dib can convince me otherwise.

Well to go one step further - In my opinion he is an Islamophob, like many others on this board, who really know one things to do very well; to spread fear and ignorance towards an religion called Islam.

And he probably gets payed for it.



You have voted Pokey Oats for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

Happy?

[edit on 25/10/06 by Souljah]


I don't think anything any one said would change your mind about anything except your own personal often so extreem left you fall off the spectrum. Not even the truth, which has often been told to you. France is not their country, they are rioting there though, they don't like it they should go home where they came from.

So... your from Slovenia?

Why the hatred against the west?



posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
Please do not forget to remember as Souljah pointed out already, the majority of these extreme civil protestors are actually French citizens by birth, not immigrants. they are the children of immigrants, not the immigrants themselves.


Does this mean they are exempt from the conditions listed? Are they any less poor, or any less skilled?


So you believe that they probably do not have much education, and yet you claim

Originally posted by DeusEx
DYepes, to be honest, hugging and educating these people isn't going to work.
These people need jobs, not books.


So what exactly do you have in mind as far as jobs go Deus? Flipping burgers, picking up garbage and cleanining homes and business? If that is the case then I agree you probably do not need many books. However, I think we can all agree that those kind of jobs will do little to support a family, let alone a decent lifestyle.


You might have noticed that people generally get an education AFTER they can sustain themselves. You need to pay the rent before you go to university. As far as jobs go...well, the typical off-the-boat trades are the military, physical trades such a construction, and other hands on labor. Of course, since France doesn't exactly have a dearth of any of the above available, that's how we have this situation.


However, if we agree that they deserve a chance at engineering, attorneys, surgeons and a variety of trade skills, they will obviously need books and education won't they?As far as Europe goes, there is not much left to develop. If you cannot build any more cities, your left to service jobs. Medical industry comes to mind, but well, I get the feeling many Europeans are disgusted at the idea of some dirty immgrant jihadist terrorist treating them, we we?


Well, if you want to see rascism, and you actively look for and interpret everything about the situation as rascism...well, that's not constructive. Like I said, if the people want a better life and education, they need to pay their bills first. To do that, they need jobs. Any jobs.

DE



posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Youths have set a bus alight in a Paris suburb, as France prepares to mark the anniversary of a wave of rioting that swept its cities last year.
Passengers were forced off the bus in Nanterre by hooded youths, who then set the vehicle on fire, police said.

Bus services in another area near Paris were suspended over security fears.

Clashes between youths and police have risen sharply recently, amid warnings that the underlying causes of last year's unrest have not been addressed.

Hundreds of young people of largely African and North African descent marched to the parliament building in Paris on Wednesday, demanding better treatment from the government.

news.bbc.co.uk...


Did it ever occur to these folks that the way to get ahead is to clean up their neighborhoods so the they are safe enough for the police to patrol (?!) and maintain the peace, to get a good education which is free in France, or really, whatever it takes to get a good education, whether it's free or not, to present themselves as good honorable men, instead of volatile, ne're-do-wells who will kill, maim, and destroy property without compunction, they might actually get ahead faster than by holding a nation hostage to demands and threats of violence.

I didn't think so.

[edit on 2006/10/26 by GradyPhilpott]



posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Did it ever occur to these folks that the way to get ahead is to clean up their neighborhoods so the they are safe enough for the police to patrol (?!) and maintain the peace, to get a good education which is free in France, or really, whatever it takes to get a good education [...]


That's not the problem. The problem is that they want exactly what you said, but there aren't enough teachers or places of employment. Read this article to see what the purpose of the riots were:

news.yahoo.com...

"Youths from the tough French neighborhoods which suffered the country's worst riots in 40 years said on Wednesday the government must create jobs, raise wages and stamp out discrimination to improve their lives."

[edit on 26-10-2006 by DJMessiah]



posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
France is not their country, they are rioting there though, they don't like it they should go home where they came from.

Excuse me? France is NOT their country?

They are BORN FRENCH!





So... your from Slovenia?

Why the hatred against the west?

I don't hate the west - hatered is much to personal.

Call me a critic if you wish.



posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
news.yahoo.com...

"Youths from the tough French neighborhoods which suffered the country's worst riots in 40 years said on Wednesday the government must create jobs, raise wages and stamp out discrimination to improve their lives."


I read that, but when the job market gets tough, it's time to get competitive, not violent. Something tells me that the government could create jobs paying these guys to look at porn all day and they'd still be rioting about something.

[edit on 2006/10/26 by GradyPhilpott]



posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   


As far as Europe goes, there is not much left to develop. If you cannot build any more cities, your left to service jobs. Medical industry comes to mind, but well, I get the feeling many Europeans are disgusted at the idea of some dirty immgrant jihadist terrorist treating them, we we?


Not quite sure where you got that from, DYepes. Europe is constantly developing and changing. My own town has undergone somewhat of a revolution in the past 10 years as is utterly unrecognisable from what it was before. It's the same across the UK, Germany and other places.

I get the sense that you feel that Europe is some stagnant, commie cesspit.

I've heard it on here before. usually from people who have never been to Europe, I might add, or went to France for 2 weeks and now they think they know it all.

I'm not saying you are like that, but I do think Europe gets bashed for alot of things that simply aren't true.

I agree with Grady's comments above about going out and actually making an effort themselves to improve their lot. They seem to be too dependant on the Government, which is something you can fault France on.

They are a little too socialist for their own good, sometimes. Blair tried to convince them that the way we do things in the UK is better, but they didn't like that. Each to their own.

But these immigrants do seriously have to stop buggering about and do something themselves.

Whats the point of fleeing one crappy regime somewhere if you go and prostate yourself at the feet of another, expecting handouts and a free lunch?



posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   

by Souljah
Excuse me? France is NOT their country?



They are BORN FRENCH!



That's exactly the problem! They've never assimilated into French culture. They are a state within a state. Eventually, the two will clash, and that's what we're seeing.

edit: www.breitbart.com...

And the attacks continue.

[edit on 26-10-2006 by HimWhoHathAnEar]



posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
As far as Europe goes, there is not much left to develop. If you cannot build any more cities, your left to service jobs. Medical industry comes to mind, but well, I get the feeling many Europeans are disgusted at the idea of some dirty immgrant jihadist terrorist treating them, we we?

What? No engineering? Software or hardware? Aerospace? Manufacturing? I find it hard to believe that unless you're a doctor or nurse, you're stuck with bussing tables or cleaning offices.

Of course, those jobs require education. But that's the way things are. Many countries are trying to lift themself out of poverty by doing jobs previously done by industrialized nations. They realize it can't be done in one generation.



Originally posted by stumason
I agree with Grady's comments above about going out and actually making an effort themselves to improve their lot. They seem to be too dependant on the Government, which is something you can fault France on.

They are a little too socialist for their own good, sometimes. Blair tried to convince them that the way we do things in the UK is better, but they didn't like that. Each to their own.


And...


Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar
That's exactly the problem! They've never assimilated into French culture. They are a state within a state. Eventually, the two will clash, and that's what we're seeing.

These two posts sum up the situation succinctly. A socialist country that has a segment of the population that resists assimilation. A true recipe for disaster.



posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

Disclaimer:
I don't care how evil and backwards other religions are, i have never heard of any other cleric openly condoning rape, so don't try to sidetrack please.


In a Ramadan sermon that has outraged Muslim women leaders, Sydney-based Sheik Taj Din al-Hilali also alluded to the infamous Sydney gang rapes, suggesting the attackers were not entirely to blame. (emphasis mine)


This happened in Australia, mind you and i will therefore kindly ask a simple question: does this 'rule' apply to every woman or just an islamic one?


..because if it's the former, we will have a slight problem, wouldn't you agree? heck we'll have a slight problem regardless, because such conduct is not tolerable and we all KNOW how it works out: families killing their daughters in the streets, forcing them into 'marriages' back home (institutionalised rape and i'll stand by my words), inevitably breeding the next generation of destitute, violent immigrants in spe to 'rock the city' in 2020 or so.

I would like to point out that the local Muslim community apprently shut this guy up for some time (although this particular source doesn't seem to mention it), so maybe there is some hope.



posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
First of all, he did not say go out and rape, because Islam agrees with it. In lamens terms he basically said those who expose themselves as targets are inviting themselves to crime. Like going out and wearing a shirt with your address saying I do not have a security system, and my doors are unlocked.

Well I agree with much of what he says. Women in the Western nations who dress so scanitly do not have to worry about rape, they are usually so promiscuus the man does not need worry about exerting power. He gets what he wants without trying, because the woman has been brainwashed from birth from being planted in front of television that broadcasts fornicaters, adulterers, and glorifying promiscuity. Not to mention the rediculous ways youth relationships are portrayed.

I only wanted to add my reply to the detracting statement by the previous poster. Again, he did not say rape is acceptable, nor that rape is something to be promoted and condoned, he implied that those who dress scantily are opening themselves up to attack.



posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
Well I agree with much of what he says. Women in the Western nations who dress so scanitly do not have to worry about rape, they are usually so promiscuus the man does not need worry about exerting power. He gets what he wants without trying, because the woman has been brainwashed from birth from being planted in front of television that broadcasts fornicaters, adulterers, and glorifying promiscuity. Not to mention the rediculous ways youth relationships are portrayed.

I only wanted to add my reply to the detracting statement by the previous poster. Again, he did not say rape is acceptable, nor that rape is something to be promoted and condoned, he implied that those who dress scantily are opening themselves up to attack.



What now? stone every rape victim who does not fulfill your holy dresscode?


This is not about dress codes or promiscuity (i mean you really disqualified yourself right there, what a load of condescending drivel ), it's about a cleric issuing apologetic statements in favor of rapists, seemingly without creating as much as a ripple among the practitioners of the 'Religion of Peace'. can we establish that much as a baseline?

If so, let's compare how different religious organisations handle this topic: catholic priests and bishops certainly tried to cover up sexual offenses (and usually got a way with it, religion puts you beyond the law, apprently) but they never ever tried to justify them. Justifying rape or fabricating contrived 'explanations' adds a new dimension to hyprocrisy.

When shady cartoons surfaced in Denmark, where noone was hurt (initially), the Islamic establishment were outraged, when someone of their own essentially gloats over victims of gang-rape, the silence is deafening. i'm sorry, this clearly shows that the people in power in these regions are laughing their heads off at the stupid westeners who can be shut up for a dime using political correctness, while they can get right down to business without as much as a simple discussion elsewhere, because the topic is simply taboo.

Religion of Peace, yeah right, just like the Catholic Church used to torture world&dog for centuries, today's Islamic equivalent (established clerics) regards violence as legitimate means to their ends, especially against who they percieve as weak.

PS: detracting? whatever.

IF you don't do as we tell you, you're opening yourself to attack. next time it won't be dresscodes, it'll be working in the wrong field, driving a car or simple talking to strangers. you know what your stance is called??

Appeasement



posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 04:22 AM
link   
another example, this time more on topic:

cnews.canoe.ca...



On Saturday, 46 people were taken into custody, most of them in the communities around Paris, and two police officers were slightly injured. The most serious violence was the brutal bus attack in Marseille.

A group of young people burst onto the bus and tossed in a bottle of flammable liquid before fleeing, police said, citing witnesses' accounts. The resulting fire injured a 26-year-old woman, who suffered second-and third-degree burns on her arms, legs and face and was in a medically induced coma on Sunday.

.


www.militantislammonitor.org... - probably a biased source, but it would explain the heavy burns


"...In the northeast suburb of Sevran on Wednesday, youths doused a woman on crutches with flammable liquid and set her on fire with a burning rag as she struggled to get off a bus, a judicial official said, citing the bus driver's report to police.


Nothing to add here




Just for the record: there are other minorites in France and around the world, with less than desireable living conditions, do they burn people alive? IF they were targetting officials buildings, they might have a point but randomly attacking people indicates they just want to intimidate and kill the native population.

another link www.guardian.co.uk...

[edit on 30-10-2006 by Long Lance]



new topics

top topics



 
4
<< 2  3  4   >>

log in

join