It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sumerian Edin or Eden?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
The bible says the 'garden of eden' was located in the East of Eden and in the center was the 'tree of life,' and that a sword turning every way was placed at the entrance of the garden to 'keep the way of life.' Now this may give us a clue as to where it could have been.

Today we know that the hollow earth is lush with life, animal and vegetable, and that there are two entrances (the north and south pole openings each 1500 miles in diameter. A rotating microwave beam placed at the perimeters or from geostationary satellite could stop destructive mankind from entering this garden to pollute and eventually destroy it. Also, it is not impossible that the 'tree of life' is real and its fruit can supply substances to complete that aspect of our DNA which does not permit us to live forever. It is said that the beings who dwell there have everlasting life.

Everlasting life is not Eternal Life. Everlasting life may be ended by a horrific accident. Eternal Life is the timeless experience of being which is as full as it can possibly be, where all is experienced simultaneously at its maximum level of possible awareness. In the case of Devine Eternal Life, this is Joy, Peace, Fulfillment, Love, and the direct experience of what Eternity feels like (freedom from the fear of death). The person is electrified with energy. The experience of life is within the psychie and there is neither SPACE nor time. This is in the presence of the one and true GOD who tells you he is the GOD of Love. While feeling overwhelmed by such love, you experience him as an internal light of supreme brilliamce from within you. He is Holiness (you experience great reverence), and the GOD of Judgment (he was very serious when he said this). I have been there. Eve made a bad bargain; but the Lord Jesus exists as a very real person who comes to us when we are threatened by the evil one and delivers us speedily. Demons exist; they come to devour. Their very presence is such horror that you can have a heart attack on the spot. They have no interface with the human psychie. I have also been there. The way back to Eden is by eating the fruit of Salvation from our Lord which is better than 'the fruit of the tree of life.'

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I recall reading somewhere that "eden" literally meant "land between two rivers", most likely the Tigris and Euphrates.

I'm sure it was quite green and flourishing, especially as the area has a lot of desert, so no wonder it got "transcribed" into the lush paradise it's presented as in the Bible.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
While discussing the dating of the Great Pyramid, Marduk and I got sidetracked on a debate relating to the origination of the word "Eden."

The premise of the debate was as follows;

I had suggested the word was originally "E.DIN" and he suggested the word was always "Eden," although he believed that it was actually the word for mountain, and this particular mountain had a city on top, that he claims was called "heaven." In otherwords, the concept that the ancients were referring to the starry firmament when they said "heaven," was confused with the city of heaven, which was BY the starry firmament in that it was on a very high mountaintop.... or so he theorizes. I disagreed with that proposal, firstly because it was pretty obvious the ancients not only called the sky, "heaven," but that they knew the difference between a city on a mountaintop and the sky.

[edit on 12-10-2006 by undo]

It appears that E.DIN is distinct from the garden.

Now a river flowed out of Eden to water the garden; and from there it divided and became four rivers.
The name of the first is Pishon; it flows around the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold.[...]
The name of the second river is Gihon; it flows around the whole land of Cush.
The name of the third river is Tigris; it flows east of Assyria And the fourth river is the Euphrates.

Wasn't Enki's mountain top called an EKAR?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Onboard2

you mean the E.KUR? that was EN.LIL's place in nibru (nippur)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Edin is just an area where they put a garden.
They put artificial irrigation to make it livable, for the two humans probably this place was a way to monitor them and see if the biogenic experiment goes well.
edit on 9-2-2011 by Matteus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

hello
all
my name is souzi and i am new to this forum,i just joined today....
I have read all of the threads of your postings and i am learning a lot.
I remember vaguely reading in jubillees or jasher several years ago about eve being in the cave of treasures and making mention of ebla and mt saphon....i have been trying to find it again 3 years later and cannot...
can any one be of any help?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by souzi
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

hello
all
my name is souzi and i am new to this forum,i just joined today....
I have read all of the threads of your postings and i am learning a lot.
I remember vaguely reading in jubillees or jasher several years ago about eve being in the cave of treasures and making mention of ebla and mt saphon....i have been trying to find it again 3 years later and cannot...
can any one be of any help?

this perhaps?
www2.iath.virginia.edu...

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Prepared by Halbert Katzen, J.D.
Garden of Eden Summary
[Updated 3/7/07]

A description of the location and physical characteristics of the Garden of Eden is provided in The Urantia Book. The location is said to have been on a long narrow peninsula that extended off the eastern coast of the Mediterranean Sea. According to The Urantia Book, Adam and Eve first lived at this location almost 38,000 years ago, and it further states that this peninsula sank into the Mediterranean Sea approximately 34,000 years ago. The topography of the seafloor in an area between Cyprus and the Syrian coast fits the description and looks to be the only area that could. Today, this area off the eastern coast of Mediterranean Sea drops down sharply, quickly reaching a depth of nearly one mile.

When The Urantia Book was published in 1955, sonar readings needed to create a detailed map of the eastern Mediterranean basin did not exist. Such maps were not created until decades after The Urantia Book's publication. (Research from the last several years, tracing a specific upgrade in the genetic history of human beings, also lends powerful support to The Urantia Book's recounting of the story of Adam and Eve. See Adam and Eve.)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join