It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 06:36 AM
link   
theres no proof of god blah blah and all that....
how has christianity come so big with just a book as (not so strong) proof!?
some people i talk to go as far as saying they hear god's voice in their head. of course theyre obviouslly insane, but people go so far to try and get people to believe in a god that is quite obviouslly fictional.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Are the Gods fictional?

What if the Gods aren't almighty but just liveforms... technological highly evolved liveforms... which want to increase their chance of survival by making other liveforms on planets... and those liveforms would see them as almighty... because they are 15.000 years ahead technologically...

Then it does make sense that the Gods claim to come from the Sirius system... then it does make sense that the Egyptians build the pyramids for the Gods (if you say they were fictional... why then the pyramids)... how did they build the Refaim...?

What happens to the describtions of aircrafts.. God wars... Radio-activity... technologies... buildings etc.?

What if it's not fictional... just another liveform... trying to increase the chances of survival...

Or does it make more sense that all those religions, describtions etc. are just fantasies? That all the pyramids didn't had any meaning... all the describtions were fantasised etc.... does that makes more sense?

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Do some reading into basic physics [The science of matter and energy] and im shure you will come to a new frame of mind..
Science can help you understand what you are....

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Can you imagine what life would be like if you didnt really know or believe in god. If there was really no Heaven or Hell. You could pretty much do whatever you wanted to because in the end nothing matters
Organized religion is just that, organized. IMHO
It is meant to prevent chaos and disruption to promote
understanding and peace and harmony among men.

it doest do that because there are so many different ways to believe. I think you need to really look deep into yourself to find the answers.

Mark

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Markos... does the Gods give such a good example of what is good and what is wrong with their killing?

StraterX.. I believe in science, but what if I also see truth in the religions... which fit perfectly in science... only not everybody does want to see it...

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeenBekkemaa
Markos... does the Gods give such a good example of what is good and what is wrong with their killing?

StraterX.. I believe in science, but what if I also see truth in the religions... which fit perfectly in science... only not everybody does want to see it...

With whos killing? The gods? Or mans ability to kill?

Mark

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeniusSage
some people i talk to go as far as saying they hear god's voice in their head. of course theyre obviouslly insane, but people go so far to try and get people to believe in a god that is quite obviouslly fictional.

Why do you bother asking questions when it is obvious that you merely wish to bash Christianity. If this is all you think it is and the book is the only way it has grown, and the book itself is not strong proof, then you have insufficient information on the subject.

I have heard God speak to me twice. You say I'm nuts?

According to the not-so-strong evidence of the Bible, various people at various times wrote prohpecies of the One that was to be Christ. They all came to pass in Jesus. The chance of that happening is astronomically huge. Speaking of prophecies, that same book gave clear evidence of the end-time, a time when the world will have seven years without the Holy Spirit's interference and us Christians bothering you, and at the end of the seven years, Christ and His saints will come back and He will rein for a thousand years. No use going beyond that in this thread. The current events to the explosion of knowledge that some here worship as God itself are indications. The falling away you can see every day, the degeneration of societies around the world and the hardening of hearts. As a matter of fact, this post may be a waste of time.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 08:17 AM
link   
'StraterX.. I believe in science, but what if I also see truth in the religions... which fit perfectly in science... only not everybody does want to see it... "

I hear you.. But I Dont see overall truth in religion
I see ..Yes some Truth but mixed with lies
and inaccuracies
I have a Big Advantage having been brought back
from Death..15 min. on the other side is an awesome
life changing experience
If religion makes you a better person and the world a better place then it works for you...
Problem is people use it as a tool to justify themselves
at the expense of others..
I dont believe in any religion .....
I dont believe in God either belief is based on Faith
in the unknown

I Know God Exists ...We are part of It..literally
Heaven and Hell are only a States of Conciousness
not places
Their is No "Lord" We are our Own Saviors
For We Are God
You just Dont Know It......

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Really Strat, you are God? Go create a universe. I'll wait, I have time. Shouldn't take you longer than 6 days or so. You'll want to rest the next day, so I'll come back the day after that one.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 08:42 AM
link   
You obviously lack the inclination to comprehend
what im saying that is the definition....

Ignorance ;
A willful neglect or refusal to acquire knowledge which one may acquire and it is his duty to have--Book of Common Prayer

[Edited on 9-11-2003 by straterx]

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 08:46 AM
link   
"Problem is people use it as a tool to justify themselves
at the expense of others.. "

Id say you illustrated this perfectly

Get over your Fear

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 09:09 AM
link   
StraterX is it allright if I send you some information about the connections between the different religons... and some other information...

I am not a Jehova or something... but perhaps it is worth reading why I think the religions do have got a lot of truth in them... and I can all support my ideas with the connections between the religions..

I don't know how it would turn out to be if we held that discussion here... so perhaps just some information interchange would be nice between us...

If you don't want to that's fine with me... but perhaps it is nice to see some things which you perhaps didn't see... like the connection with Sirius (allah says to come from Sirius) and that sort of information...

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeniusSage

How do you know they are insane? You are entitled to your opinion of course.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Common trait among many false religions that prey upon those who wish to be gods themselves, the promise that you are more than a human and that you owe nothing in the way of repentence to a God that has sacrificed for your transgressions. Rather than loving the one true God, the selfish desire to be God is the driving factor.

You illustrate this perfectly.

I understand the definition of ignorance. I witness it all the time.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Ive studied All world Religions and Mysticism most of my
life ....and im not young anymore
I can show you how ALL world Religion evolved from a common source
My library was into the thousands of volumes
before I thinned it out
"Sirius"references goes back even further the Dogon
and Babylon.....

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Thomas Crowne
You will See when you Die
and I have NO Religion
A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.

Ill tell you what its was like for me to Be dead for 15 minutes it a documented case.........

When I drowned as a kid I remember poping out and floating above my body..when we arrived at the emergency room I noticed I could here all the thoughts of the doctors and nurses
I remember "weve lost him" and "Hes Gone"..Next I noticed a kind of a Black dot in space that followed me around the room..Some part of me recognised it and I flew by force of will into it..I found myself in a corridor
of light there was a sensation of speed and movement
I came to what seemed a fog or cloud like area but something in my mind told me to keep on going...I keep moving foreward for what seemed a while...then All at once ths fog was gone the way i describe it is like looking into nothingness except for a light so distant
it seemed like a far off star...as I aproached it grew
larger It was bright blue white it was like I was about to enter the sun when two swirling figures came forth from it on my left and right and stoped in front of me.Then I heard a voice say "What are you doing here"? I said "im going into the light" they said "Its not your time your not ready" then I saw myself a kind of superconcious state I was A little ball of light..They showed me Myself it was like looking literaly inside myself i was very odd and surprised me.. have you ever stood inbetween two mirrors ? reflections that seem to go on to infinity...Thats what i looked like ..but as I looked closer each "person" was different male female
some not even human...I thought "who are these people"? they answered "You" then i realized i knew all about each one of them ...awesome... then they showed me my whole life up untill i died ..everything I could see all my thoughts and actions as waves of energy like a pebble cast in a pond radiating out touching people id never met ...when I saw how I had hurt those I love ..I was filled with shame and sorrow..At that moment What I can only describe as a beam of light came out of this
huge ball of light and wraped around me ..as it did I felt Total peace it wiped away all the hurt.....They told me I had to go back "you have things to do"..the next thing i know im flying back down the tunnel of light right Smack into my body with the feeling like every inch of my body was stinging and sore .... Pain
I took me years to begin to feel normal again

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Common trait among many false religions that prey upon those who wish to be gods themselves, the promise that you are more than a human and that you owe nothing in the way of repentence to a God that has sacrificed for your transgressions. Rather than loving the one true God, the selfish desire to be God is the driving factor.

Just wondering if you had any specific Religions that you would include into that "False Religion" catagory that prey on those who wish to be Gods Themselves?

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 09:36 AM
link   
It's not my desire to finger out other people's beliefs. It is only politically correct to insult and offend Christians. Besides, where would it get us? I highly doubt one person in this place would learn a thing, but would maintain their own beliefs.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by straterx
Ive studied All world Religions and Mysticism most of my
life ....and im not young anymore
I can show you how ALL world Religion evolved from a common source
My library was into the thousands of volumes
before I thinned it out
"Sirius"references goes back even further the Dogon
and Babylon.....

Then you will also know it's no nonsense... but that the religions are true... just misinterpreted... do you?

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   
back to my question
"how has christianity come so big with just a book as (not so strong) proof!?"

it seems u lot arent too friendly. to me, its obvious christianity is just some set of social ettiquette that has got out of hand. thomas, you speak to me like im lacking in knowledge, you speak to me like im stupid.
my post was short to save time. we've all heard the "no proof" arguments etc so i decided to miss them out. show some respect for the love of ..... chutney.

<<   2  3 >>

join