It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I guess if you refer to Aliens Dracos from Sirius
As you Gods Then your right

Your also the first person ive met who worships Aliens

My Bad

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I don't worship those aliens, i hate them.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeniusSage
back to my question
"how has christianity come so big with just a book as (not so strong) proof!?"

Well dude, you could say the same about all religions. They all became big with books.
But what you gotta do is look behind that book. Who wrote it and why? Then you have to take a look at man's own history and judge for yourself what you can believe in and what you can't.
Christianity didn't just become big because of the Bible. If you look at when the gospels were written and the book was created, you will find that the religion was around a long time before that. The Bible seems to have been used to bind it together as there were many different factions and types of Christianity back then - some orthodox and some gnostic.

At the end of the day, it's up to you what you believe in though. But you can never disrespect a religion because you don't believe in it. After all, the whole thing is about belief and faith and not necessarily what you might call fact. Who is to say that you are right and they are wrong (or vice-versa) apart from God himself?

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

Originally posted by GeniusSage
back to my question
"how has christianity come so big with just a book as (not so strong) proof!?"

Well dude, you could say the same about all religions. They all became big with books.
But what you gotta do is look behind that book. Who wrote it and why? Then you have to take a look at man's own history and judge for yourself what you can believe in and what you can't.
Christianity didn't just become big because of the Bible. If you look at when the gospels were written and the book was created, you will find that the religion was around a long time before that. The Bible seems to have been used to bind it together as there were many different factions and types of Christianity back then - some orthodox and some gnostic.

At the end of the day, it's up to you what you believe in though. But you can never disrespect a religion because you don't believe in it. After all, the whole thing is about belief and faith and not necessarily what you might call fact. Who is to say that you are right and they are wrong (or vice-versa) apart from God himself?

Science and logic?

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeenBekkemaa

What?! Aliens?? Those cute little creatures with titanic eyes awww they're just so cute though.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire

What?! Aliens?? Those cute little creatures with titanic eyes awww they're just so cute though.

Well, I think you are thinking about furbies right now, I think furbies are cute also BTW

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Science and logic?

Science and logic are in there. But you also can take the spiritual aspect and work on that. Sometimes people experience things that may not be logical to you but are perfectly logical to them. Nobody said that God is logical and who knows how he works on different people?
Religion seems to work the same way. It's not always logical either but that doesn't necessarily make it wrong. Maybe there is a perfect logic at work that nearly all people aren't advanced enough to see - after all, for most of man's history in the West, he believed the logic that the Earth was the centre of the Universe.
Maybe some religions hold physical secrets that justify them.
Who knows? The old saying goes that "God works in mysterious ways". It's up to you to find out what those ways are and to make up your own mind.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 09:58 PM
link   
1.The Parallels between religions are so numerous its incredible that in history this topic was not discussed.

2.The fact of the matter is, Christianity is as spiritual as all other beliefs often defined as such.

3. Most ancient systems of belief sugest that people from other worlds placed us on this earth. In and of itself, this if true, does not deny the existence of a God as described or contemplated as a being, which is uncreated.

4. Divide and conquer is one philosophy, divide and cause the divided to kill each other and claim they have permission from God is another.

5. The Universe exist the way it does as a result of a balance of forces, why would anyone think we are any different and why would anyone try to make it different?

6. Good things happen to people, bad things happen to people and evil things happen to people. More often that not the last one, when it occurs, it has something to do with semantics.

7. The Universe is theorized to be 62(2) 10 billion light years in size, about 10 to the 1028 meters from here there is another just like it. With respect to religions, the levels of energy in question even in regards to what is known (14 billion light years in circumference) has not been suggested.

To conclude that religion is right in this respect, bespeaks of one who is not taking into consideration, the record of history, in regards to how in the past reality has been described.

8. There is no such thing as a religious belief, which has suggested that killing for God is not a sin.

Despite that fact, that in regards to what in general are commandments, in each faith, does not make any such suggestion that killing for God imbues one with protection.

9. If a prophet can forgive you for your sins does that mean that he can punish those who do not believe in him because of the sins he forgave?

10. Coveting what another possesses is a sin, using religion as an excuse to covet, is more than just a sin (In respect to sins you could say this one
is priceless).

11. Numbers 4 and 10 happen every day on earth.

Any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Man!
Thats how it spread.
Like most religions it spread with powerfull leaders sending missionaries to the known and unknown world.
Remember Prince Ashoka?
He spread Bhuddism through most of India, tibet, and China, and I also think Japan?
Deep

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 02:04 AM
link   
ZD it sounds like you are talking about Emperor Chen who ruled China and was known as the Black Buddha?

Any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 02:15 AM
link   
No No.....the indian prince............
Asoka
www.purifymind.com...
You know...I may be a bit confused actaully...sorry....but I do have some refereces at home that may be better.
Im gonna have to get back to this tommorow, when I go home and figure this out.
Deep

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I have never heard of Chen actually?
You mind giving me a good link if its not much trouble please?
Deep

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join