It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swastikas in new Honda CR-V Spot

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It would be interesting to know if the lighting sequence was
done by a person, or by computer generation.

Because if it was done by a computer, just making a random
(ordered) sequence, that it could be just a coincidence of
chaos theory.

[edit on 10/6/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I think you guys would have to look at the culture that the marketing Honda dudes came from.

There is also something to learn here too about the original native people of North America.

For both the ancient Japanese’s, Chinese, Mongol, Tibetan etc the whole are, and also some tribes from California of Native North American Indians the swastika as represented in the advert was the symbol of the following things:

Light, The SUN, Birth, Growth, The Wheel of Life (sometimes the source of Chi in Tao), Spring, Sex (or more correctly conception, also sometimes used to represent the circle of life, i.e. birth life old age then death in a constant cycle.

Hitler being a black magician new the esoteric meaning behind it that it was a positive symbol and he just simply reversed it to mean the opposite i.e. death, negativity, dark, cold, murder etc.

So the marketing guys just saw it as an positive sign.

What is the only conspiracy to discover here is how did the separate and unconnected cultures come up with the same symbol for the same things with no communication?

did you know the Hopi word for sun id the Tibetan word for moon, also rain and dry, also peace and war? that’s the interesting thing. I believe there’s nothing to this at all in relation to Honda etc.

Kind regards

Elf
edit for spelling

[edit on 6-10-2006 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I dont see the swaztika anywhere.

Anybody have a screenshot because all Isee is a bunch of moving lines.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
In the last few posts of the previous page WoW.

*This IS not a single sentence post!*

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
I think you guys would have to look at the culture that the marketing Honda dudes came from.

There is also something to learn here too about the original native people of North America.

For both the ancient Japanese’s, Chinese, Mongol, Tibetan etc the whole are, and also some tribes from California of Native North American Indians the swastika as represented in the advert was the symbol of the following things:

Interesting, i just thought the swatsika was used by certain tribes in Africa or in places like india or something like that (I'm not too sure where i saw this about it being in India so don't ask
) I learnt something new

It could mean that Hitler is still alive and is head of the Marketing Division of Honda.
Hey, this IS skunkworks!

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Oh my word!!! i cant say anything else. OMH! serial shooter is all all I can see.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Well, it's the sun wheel, not the swastika, but good eye. I never would have noticed it. By the way, I think it's a really cute commercial.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I seen it, I think people get what they are looking for.

If there was no Swastika, would you look for it?

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I know that advertisers sometimes use subltle subliminal messages. eg. What does coke have to do with sex? nothing, but it has been used in their advertising. I think maybe, just maybe (highly unlikeley) the advertisers use the swastica to appeal (subconsciously) to the "bad boy" demographic?

[edit on 7-10-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf

What is the only conspiracy to discover here is how did the separate and unconnected cultures come up with the same symbol for the same things with no communication?
[edit on 6-10-2006 by MischeviousElf]

Yeah, I know what you are talking about. I recently spent some time in France, and visited the port city of St. Jean-de-Luz. The symbol for their city is a curved swastika! Just check out their official tourism website
. Right there one the front page!

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It seems a bit of a stretch to me to be honest. Its just some boxes, and if you connect them ,yeah, sure, it looks like a swaztika, but thats really more your mind Matrixing things. Its like seeing a face on mars. Its really just a hill, but when the shadows match up, your mind sortof tries to matrix it andit comes up with a face.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I have a possible solution. Apparently, Honda is sponsoring Incubis, which is one of those death metal "devil-worshipping" bands. Maybe the swastika is subliminal advertising to appeal to that croud, and get the to go to the concerts? Or as it says here, trying to get the young adults/teens to buy their cars?

Potent Quotables
-- OR --
Satan's Helper Drives a Honda
Some people may think advertisers are demonic, but it's not often that they'll actually own up to it.

In a startlingly honest revelation, Honda has admitted to its affiliation with a well known evildoer. Don't worry: if you've purchased a Honda, that doesn't mean you've inadvertently funded some terrorist organization. We're talkin' old-school depravity. In fact, the minion of malevolence who's teamed up with the surprisingly forthcoming automaker has been around for centuries.

As featured in a 2/23 Newstream.com article, Honda makes no bones about its wicked walk with the nightmarish spirit. National advertising manager, Doug Hoffman assures, "Honda expects the partnership with Incubus to be a huge success…."

OK, so there's more to the quote than that: "Honda expects the partnership with Incubus to be a huge success and is delighted to bring them closer to their fans across the country through live performances and customized Civic Si's."

That's right, Honda has paired up with the band Incubus, not the devilish spirit who's believed to rape women while they sleep. Still, Honda's sponsorship of Incubus's upcoming 50-date U.S. arena tour does lead one to wonder just how far advertisers will go to attract those coveted teen and young adult demographics. Here we have a respectable car company joining forces with a band whose name at least a small percentage of mainstream America would find offensive.

Don't get me wrong; although I can't say that I especially dig this particular band (who conveniently have a single out entitled "Drive"), the fact that Honda is sponsoring them is cool on some level. In its effort to woo Gen Y, the company has forsaken the possibility of a backlash from uptight, religious conservatives; I can't help but appreciate that.

Still, who cares if Honda's daring enough to hook up with some band named after an evil spirit? Where were they when alleged devil-worshipping metal band, Judas Priest, was getting blasted for inspiring teens to commit suicide? If you think that's a bit overboard, consider this: if Incubus were some high-minded, politically active, indie-label band, their fans would probably think that the Honda sponsorship is akin to a deal with the devil.

This was the only hit I could find on google that pertained to this subject, so I just thought I might post it.

[edit on 7-10-2006 by CaptainIraq]

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Incubus??
Offensive???

man, my mum is more offensive than them.

i mean if it was slipknot they were sponsoring, THEN that would offend

top topics

<< 1   >>

join