It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swastikas in new Honda CR-V Spot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Just regular ones not the backward Nazi ones... This should be fun.

www.elvisnews.com...

1 second into the comercial, they are clearly visible. I caught this during Lost tonight. Wondering what anyone thinks about it. NWO maybe? Elvis was a Nazi? You decide.

B. Sage

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
So what? Big deal. The swastika stands for things other than Nazism and those things are not necessarily bad.

Stop stirring the pot.

[edit on 10/4/06 by 123143]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I get your point I really do but as I said in my DIA post, the swastika is not always a bad symbol, the nazis just made it that way. But I'm sure you already knew that. I can see where you're coming from with the swastikas. I don't watch TV anymore, but they always throw that symbolism in car commericals.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
ya,that symbol has been way before the nazi's got their sweaty little hands on it.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by 123143
So what? Big deal. The swastika stands for things other than Nazism and those things are not necessarily bad.

Stop stirring the pot.

[edit on 10/4/06 by 123143]

Hey 123143, Chill out, this is Skunk Works... Some people might find this interesting. But thanks for the complement, although I don't really think this is going to stir the pot that much.

Maybe Honda did it for luck, who knows... and guys I realize that they're not Nazi Swastikas, see my original post.

I make commercials, so I found it odd, since I know what's acceptable and all.

B. Sage

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Ok, so I guess I'm the only one thus far that can't see it.

Which part of the commercial should I be concetrating on to
see the alleged Swastikas?

And just to add, the Swastika symbol can represent peace,
and is used in Buddhism.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Screen cap...

files.abovetopsecret.com...

And yes, yes, yes, I know Nazis weren't the first with the whole swastika thing... nevermind the file name. lol.

B. Sage

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Ok, so I guess I'm the only one thus far that can't see it.

Which part of the commercial should I be concetrating on to
see the alleged Swastikas?

And just to add, the Swastika symbol can represent peace,
and is used in Buddhism.

B Sage said that he found out they weren't swastikas just to let you know.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Yeah, I know, I suppose I should have said I realised that.

I put that more to educate anyone else who looks at the thread and
does'nt know wha6t the Swastika can mean apart from what the
NAZIs used it for.

As to the Swastika's in the commercial, I see the, after looking at
the screencap fror a minuite, bu honestly, I don't think the were
intentially put in it, rather it's just a coincidense.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I went through that video practically frame by frame and never saw anything that even resembles a swastika. Even your screen cap was unconvincing.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I went through that video practically frame by frame and never saw anything that even resembles a swastika. Even your screen cap was unconvincing.

Hi Grady! Like I said it's in the first second of the commercial. Funny enough I made this tonight wondering if others had seen it... I guess not so far...

secretnazicrv.ytmnd.com...

It clearly outlines where the swastika is. Nevermind the talking dog. If you can't see that, then I give up.

In all seriousness, when I posted this I was really looking for other people who had seen it. I guess few others did... Who caught it on the first viewing of the vid?

I have a very high visual perception and I might be blowing this out of proportion but come on! There's a dang swastika in the commercial!

Anybody feeling this? If not I'll just stop talking about it.

B. Sage

[edit on 5-10-2006 by B Sage]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 03:00 AM
link   
you neglected to say that the image was fast moving and wasn't a solid swastika, it was generated by a lit sequence image which happend to make a semblance to a swastika...

Good spot though, but i doubt it was intentional.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 04:28 AM
link   
i'm with b sage - regardless of its meaning, the symbol seems intentional. whether it was planned by honda, the video director, or a lighting director with a quirky sense of humour is another question.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 05:05 AM
link   
hehe, It took me about three minutes of frame by frameing and then another minute staring at the still to actually see the dam thing!

personally, it doesnt look at all intentional and wouldnt make sense if it was.

and B Sage, your animation doohickey made me wet myself

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Well, you certainly have a more vivid imagination than I have. I doubt that the Japanese are trying to send any subliminal messages, especially about Hitler or Nazis. That would be a poor business decision on a par with with Sony's root-kit brainchild.

[edit on 2006/10/5 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Good eye, but, I don't think that was intentional. Before you all go conspiracy theorying around, try to think of two things:
1) Evidence
2) And a motive

[edit on 5-10-2006 by CaptainIraq]

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   
after a good 10 minutes of looking at the screen cap, and vid....i finally think i see what you saying....

but thats pushing it man.....that's an optical illusion or coincidence. basically what you are seeing is a standard video editing wipe pattern, but because of all the filters and distortion to the original image it could fool one into thinking its a swastika.

but seriously, why would an asian car company promote hitler or swastikas? now if it were a VW or audi commercial well then....

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Hmmm. I ran that sucker three times as close to frame by frame as I could and never saw them.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Since this image wasn't even worth the time to run through photoshop....here is the "swastika" outlined in MS paint for those who still can't see it.

like i said....it's a weird coincedence and even though i would be on the look out for a racist conspirocy like this, i honestly belive it's a really weird graphical illusion.

you gotta remeber...this is only a couple frames at the very begining of the commercail. taken out of context yes it's very alarming..but i've seen video paterns like this before in editing programs...

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Thanks for outlining it there Spawwwn, somehow people still weren't seeing it.

For the skunk works forum I was really expecting more outrageous theories but everyone has been pretty level headed.

Like I said, I make commercials, I think it is intentional... more than likely by the commercial producer, for what reason I don't know... sometimes us producers get bored, and we just can't miss stuff like that...

I thought more people would see it, but obviously this is on the verge of subliminal.

Thanks guys.

B. Sage

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join