It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

nun shot because of popes remarks?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   

The nun, whose identify was not released, was shot in the back four times at the entrance to the Austrian-run S.O.S. Hospital in northern Mogadishu, said Dr. Mohamed Yusuf, a physician at the facility, which serves mothers and children.

This makes me sick! Shot in the back, the gutless sissy's couldnt even face her.
Alot of wars and atrocities have been committed because of religion, but most of those are ancient history. Islam is the only one today that continues with violence. How can they justify killing a nun because of the remarks made by another?

www.comcast.net.../2006/09/17/478465.html&cvqh=itn_nunshot

mod edit: Quote Reference (review link)

[edit on 18-9-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Well maybe the Popes wat back when in the middle ages knew a thing or two that modern western civilisation is blinding itself to. These people are lower than animals and deserve nothing more than to be removed from the face of the earth.

[edit on 18/9/06 by JAK]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlteredStates
Alot of wars and atrocities have been committed because of religion, but most of those are ancient history.

Oh I see, the ones commited by christianity were long ago enough as to not rate eh?
I think that the victims today would disagree!

How can they justify killing a nun because of the remarks made by another?

How can you justify slandering all of islam because of the actions of some muslims?
(IOW, I think you've answered your own question)

Well maybe the Popes wat back when in the middle ages knew a thing or two that modern western civilisation is blinding itself to. T

You mean when they were commiting mass murder and killing anyone that disagreed with their religion?

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Fair be it the crusuades were shocking, and a pivitol if be it murderous period.
But that was then,
and todays civilisation are judged on todays actions.

Christians are running around the globe murdering countless people in the name of our god.
We arent accepting of other religions, and have put religion as a SECONDARY priority to living a happy life with our familes and our friends.

It is finatical muslims today who are manipulating there teachings and using it as a means to murder people whom do not follow their faith.

Would you prefer us to segmant the muslim faith? into murders and followers?
Obvioulsy outsiders of the muslim faith have no SWAY in terms of convincing finatical muslims.
We are branded as infidels.
Fellow muslims are the ONLY ONES who can put a stop to this shocking use of god.

The window of opportunity gets smaller with every muslim child we butcher in iraq,
So they have a reason to be angry.

But if muslisms are getting public media air time, condeming us to DEATH if we do not convert, well we have to start fighting with our gloves off.

If they want to make it a war over religion, so be it.

[edit on 17-9-2006 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Alot of wars and atrocities have been committed because of religion, but most of those are ancient history.

Oh I see, the ones commited by christianity were long ago enough as to not rate eh?

Which victims are you talking about? Christian or Muslim? I may be wrong but i don't remember Christians perpetrating crimes against anyone, in the name of Christ, in the last hundred or so years...

How can they justify killing a nun because of the remarks made by another?

How can you justify slandering all of islam because of the actions of some muslims?

Aren't the Muslims the ones who riot and run amok over a silly cartoon, and the words of one man taken out of context? Would you be happy if the Muslims killed all the infidels in the world. I wonder if you would have a place in their hearts after everyone else is beheaded. You would be their little slave would you be happy then?

I have done nothing to them (Muslims) and yet here i am wondering when the ax will fall where i live. I never said anything hateful against Muslims but since i am a realist i am prepared to defend my family when the time comes...

What ever happened in the past is in the past, this is the now, i think it would do well to remember that.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
This nun who was shot was spending her life taking care of Muslim children. For her to be shot in the back for something said by someone thousands of miles away is just a shame and an atrocity.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by landshark
I may be wrong but i don't remember Christians perpetrating crimes against anyone, in the name of Christ, in the last hundred or so years...

Ignoring christian terrorist organizations like the Phalange, the world today still suffers from the state that christianity driven colonialism has created.

Aren't the Muslims the ones who riot and run amok over a silly cartoon,

Indeed, its assinine and only serves to illustrate the pope's point.

and the words of one man taken out of context?

I am curious as to what the context of 'all mohammed brought that was new was violent deadly force' was supposed to be.

I wonder if you would have a place in their hearts after everyone else is beheaded. You would be their little slave would you be happy then?

Yeah, thats right, I'd gladly be their slave, because I am clearly such a fan of lunatic religionists and zealotes

I have done nothing to them (Muslims) and yet here i am wondering when the ax will fall where i live.

If you actually beleive that there is a 'good likelyhood' that you will be killed in a terror attack, then you should probably take a look at the statistics.

What ever happened in the past is in the past, this is the now, i think it would do well to remember that.

Again, thats a convient way to look at it, but I don't see anyone from the west actually willing to do anything to make up for western atrocities and western crimes, so why should the muslims be held accountable for muslim criminals?? You can't use religion and politics to colonize a people, and then, when they start fighting back, say 'hey, thats all in the past, what gives'.

dj77
For her to be shot in the back for something said by someone thousands of miles away is just a shame and an atrocity.

But we have to see it the other way, for a kid in iraq to get blow up because of what a saudi guy living in afghanistan did in NY, wouldn't they also say 'this is an atrocity', and wouldn't they, in parallel to the people that want to 'do something about the muslims' want to 'do something about the americans'?

Hell, if a jewish guy firebombed an iranian embassy, we know that there'd be people saying 'its about time someone stuck it to those iranians'. THe peopel that killed this nun, they are here, their mentality, its here, their actions, they stew, here, in parallel.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Victims today? Do you own a television or read a news paper? What religion have we been hearing and reading about the last 5 years? Suicide bombings, fire bombs, beheadings and now shooting a nun for what a couple of comics and a quote! WAKE UP.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2stepsfromtop
Well maybe the Popes wat back when in the middle ages knew a thing or two that modern western civilisation is blinding itself to. These people are lower than animals and deserve nothing more than to be removed from the face of the earth.

You mean the dirty little secret that many (most?) of us harbor but are restrained by political correctness from uttering -- that mohammedanism is a global cancer that needs to be eradicated?

It took decades and a worldwide commitment to eliminate the scourge of smallpox from the world. Maybe it is time to do the same for muslims.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
What happened to that NuN was uncalled for. She as helping Muslim kids. What danger does a 70 yeard old nun pose non.

And dont anyone give me this crap oh she deserved no one deserves to be killed like that.

Tell you one thing they keep going. And you will be seeing more bloodshed being spilled only this time it wont be catholic blood.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
NO, not catholic blood.
It will be human blood.
I wouldnt class these vicous beings as humans.
Only a monster could murder a women, a nun while she is helpding hte poor, the needy and the hurt.. by shooting her in the back... because of what one man said thousands of miles away.

[edit on 19-9-2006 by Agit8dChop]

new topics

top topics

join