It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is US enemies developing their own United Nations

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by kris44
Loads of weird reactions here ... isn't it normal for these countries t get to get together and talk about this if they're constantly deominzed by the US and the US is treathening them ...

Don't they have the right to make their own little club? Look around, who is being the Imperialist here ... the US and it's sidekicks or those 100 poor countries?

They're taling about economics, trade and also defence af course. I think it's a good thing this happens.

I dont think its wrong for countries to talk. Thats a good thing.

Theres so much going on right now. The countries our siding up right before our eyes with the sides their going to be on during this WWlll. That Bush quoted the Iran President of saying. He did not dyny that we were in WWlll, instead he quoted it several times.

They will not leave us alone. They will follow us. The safety of America depends on the outcome of the battle in the streets of Baghdad. Osama bin Laden calls this fight "the Third World War" -- and he

www.whitehouse.gov...

See its not about us. Its about the GOVERNMENT. All Government, in all the world not just our corner.

[edit on 14-9-2006 by Shar]

Former President Carlos Menem, a close U.S. ally, pulled Argentina out of the Nonaligned Movement in the early 1990s, saying his country was no longer a Third World nation. The country has since been humbled by a peso crash and subsequent economic crisis. Cuba said Argentina is welcome to rejoin the movement.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 04:04 AM
link   
This thread is funny.

You guys worry to much. The USA and her allies will win ANY war. Don't worry.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 04:04 AM
link   
well, what did you expect? Of course they know things are gonna happen and this summit isn't that secret at all! It's practically public!

And WHY should they invite the US? It's 116 countries, if they decide not to invite the US that's their right ... that's what the problem is here, you are all zo US-centric, why should the US be involved in everything on Earth?

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I guess they don't have faith in the USA. I know for a fact that the USA knows every bit of information that came from the meeting. Spies anybody? You think all 116 countries wouldn't leak one bit of info? I'm sure everyone is just paranoid.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Everyone, missing the topic here.
My question is in my title.

Is the US enemies developing their own UNITED NATIONS?

I'm not saying its a bad thing for other countries to talk.
I am saying that is more breaking news then movie stars having babies. Or whose divorcing who. Id rather hear NEWS when I listen to the news. Not gossip about movie stars. What other leaders say and do is NEWS.

We should be allowed to hear it. However, we are kept in the dark just as much as other countries are. Actually, I think other countries get to hear more than we do.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Well, LOL, It was on the news here in Belgium, with complete coverage ... I guess "the land of the free" isn't that much about freedom anymore LOL.

I mean, wake up, it's way more relaxed to live over here in Belgium, we don't invade countries, we don't make enemies ... we all hate military stuff and war and we embrace foreign cultures cause that makes us stronger, we can learn a lot of them and vice verca ...

I guess it all comes down to one word "RESPECT" there's no respect for other cultures and people by the US. They're kind of xenophobic ...

And yes I do think they're forming some sort of United Nations ... never forget that the United Nations of Kofi Anan is just a theathre ... they feel left out ... I'd do the same!

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by kris44
Well, LOL, It was on the news here in Belgium, with complete coverage ... I guess "the land of the free" isn't that much about freedom anymore LOL.

I mean, wake up, it's way more relaxed to live over here in Belgium, we don't invade countries, we don't make enemies ... we all hate military stuff and war and we embrace foreign cultures cause that makes us stronger, we can learn a lot of them and vice verca ...

I guess it all comes down to one word "RESPECT" there's no respect for other cultures and people by the US. They're kind of xenophobic ...

And yes I do think they're forming some sort of United Nations ... never forget that the United Nations of Kofi Anan is just a theathre ... they feel left out ... I'd do the same!

You are talking out of your ass, and it makes me sick. USA doesn't have respect for other cultures??? Are you really that ignorant? USA is known through out the world for being the most racially, religiously, and culturally diverse country in the entire world. We have so many different cultures here its like living in all countries at once. I can't believe you could say something like that... you are another brainwashed USA hater. Get a clue.

By the way, original poster, who says it wasn't reported here in the USA? Did you watch all 1000 different news channels at the same time? I'm certain CNN reported about this.. Wow what do you know.. they did...
www.cnn.com...

What do you expect the media to do? Talk about it for 10 days in a row? No, they probably talked about it for 5 minutes and moved on. After that it is no longer "NEWS" its "OLDS".

To answer your question, NO, they are not forming another UN.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Yes, I know they spoke about it once. Yes, I expect them to speak about it more than once since they can talk about movie stars having babies all day long. Seriously, thats all they do is REPEAT. Not this time our government said they did not want to attend. Nor will there be any coverage on it.

One country that won't take part in the summit is the United States, which declined an invitation to attend as an observer. A press officer at the U.S. Interests Section in Havana said there would be no comment on any matters discussed at the summit.

news.yahoo.com...

Now, maybe its just me but I think there should be coverage. I would like to know what other countries talk about and think. It makes a difference to me.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
Yes, I know they spoke about it once. Yes, I expect them to speak about it more than once since they can talk about movie stars having babies all day long. Seriously, thats all they do is REPEAT. Not this time our government said they did not want to attend. Nor will there be any coverage on it.

One country that won't take part in the summit is the United States, which declined an invitation to attend as an observer. A press officer at the U.S. Interests Section in Havana said there would be no comment on any matters discussed at the summit.

news.yahoo.com...

Now, maybe its just me but I think there should be coverage. I would like to know what other countries talk about and think. It makes a difference to me.

More likely than not, the USA didn't need to attend because they already know what the meeting was about, and or they already have someone that will find out for them. You think the summit was free from media? The only time any US official would need to be there, is if they are going to be part of the summit, other than that, all they need is ONE reporter from their own media.

Please tell me, what news channel do you watch? I would really like to know if it is a "show" or real "news". I don't know a news channel on earth that talks about ONE thing all day.

Wow look at this, even Fox 11 news talked about it:
www.foxnews.com...

Come on buddy you are exaggerating!

Also, you should learn how the news channels work. They have certain amount of multiple stories each day to discuss, and they repeat those same stories all day, so all walks of life can see it. Not everybody watches the news at the same time each day... in order for everyone to know about it, they need to report it at different times of the day.

I'm certain they would have reported more about it but since it was the 9/11 anniversary, they kinda got overwhelmed with 911 stuff.

All I have to say is... get real.

[edit on 14-9-2006 by LAES YVAN]

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Listen, I put three news stations up. All I said is that cnn, and fox news talks MORE about whose marrying who, and whose divorcing who, and who is having whose babies. Or alot of talk shows. I mean talk shows surly you know this. There is alot more news in this world than what they report.

I'm not a dude. I'm a dudette. lol

Not a buddy, but a lady.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Listen, I put three news stations up. All I said is that cnn, and fox news talks MORE about whose marrying who, and whose divorcing who, and who is having whose babies. Or alot of talk shows. I mean talk shows surly you know this. There is alot more news in this world than what they report.

But the fact is, they still reported the story right? I'm sure they reported the story more than once, and you are exaggerating a tad bit.

I think you are better off making a new topic called, "American Media Gone Soft" or something... you know... I'm going to have to admit, the people of America can care less about this summit. The people that truly care will see the 5 minute report on the news, and then do the rest of the research on their own. The people that don't care would rather hear about the "drama" of peoples lives, the weather, the traffic, and other local activities in their area.

Basically, the media knows what gets ratings, and keeps people watching. Some foreign summit in Cuba, that the USA didn't even want to attend is not going to interest them, especially if their own country isn't interested.

But it also could be something else... maybe since it was 9/11 anniversary, the media didn't want to create FEAR by talking about countries against USA forming together to talk. I'm sure you had a sense of fear when you found out... imagine if they talked about the summit all day long, fear would be everywhere.

One freedom overlooked in America, is the freedom from fear. We shouldn't have to be affraid every day...

My mistake ma'am.

Not a buddy, but a lady.

I was born and raised in California, these are words that are burned into my brain and are spoken as common as the words "it", "and", "the"..... don't take them to seriously.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I certainly hope they're developing their own Useless Nations. That way they won't get anything done either.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LAES YVAN

But the fact is, they still reported the story right? I'm sure they reported the story more than once, and you are exaggerating a tad bit.

I think you are better off making a new topic called, "American Media Gone Soft" or something... you know... I'm going to have to admit, the people of America can care less about this summit. The people that truly care will see the 5 minute report on the news, and then do the rest of the research on their own. The people that don't care would rather hear about the "drama" of peoples lives, the weather, the traffic, and other local activities in their area.

My mistake ma'am.

Not a buddy, but a lady.

I was born and raised in California, these are words that are burned into my brain and are spoken as common as the words "it", "and", "the"..... don't take them to seriously.

I totally agree that the media has went way too soft. Your right I have to do alot of research just to find out things that are going on that is not talked about much at all. Its very disappointing to me that the news reporters laugh and joke about stupid personal stuff all day long rather than report FACTS.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk... just as an example.

Maybe you do not realise that all these countries are in the UN as well.

There are a number of "Groups" of countries all with their own, UN, NATO, AU (African Union), etc etc each has specific aims, and each country is a member of any number of these type of groups. Don't get all paranoid.

BTW: America, Land of the Free. - sorry, do not believe a word of it.

I went to see a friend in Pennsylvania, go out for dinner, I ask for a beer, I get asked for Id because I "do not look over 40"! for goodness sake guys, get a grip!

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Thanks for your information. No I didnt know all these countries were also in the UN. Wonder why we dont care about it? Are we that great that we dont care about the smaller countries? If I were the president you would not see me snobbing other countries. No matter how small they are. Even if I thought they were a threat I would still talk with the leader of that country if he wished it too. I guess I dont understand politics very well.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   

posted by Vitchilo

USA foreign policies are problems to the ENTIRE world Even NATO countries. If the USA could stop doing s*** in others countries and transform its industrial-military complex to industrial-peace complex . . it would be good for all humanity. But no, the leaders of the USA are just a big bunch of traitors to humanity. First, the USA administration should help his OWN citizens. After that, help citizens of the countries she raped. After that, any country that needs her help. [Edited by Don W]

Well said, Vitchilo! I notice even NATO is tired cleaning up after our mess in Afghan. Add one more blunder to the Bush43 Administration. First, we turned Afghan into the no. 1 supplier of hereon for the world then we let the mach hated - in W-DC - Taliban return to power. Now the NATO poeole do not like their soldiers being killed. Unlike Americans who seem to have a “so what’ attitude.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
some ignoratn people up here, anyway, for some who who don't know ... here we go ...

UNO (United Nations Organisation) is one organisation started by the Rockefellers in 1947 based in NY. It's members are ALL the countries of the world and it's basicly a debat-group for the world so poor countries get the feeling they also get to say something ... UN, UNICEF, UNESCO, .... these are all part of UNO ...

NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organisation) is a military alliance of the West founded in the cold war, you had the "Washau-pact" on the other side ...

AU (African Union) you can compare this with the EU (European Union) or the American Union (Canada, US and Mexico)

Anyways, the UN is a joke and is after world government ... these 166 other countries apparently saw this true and now they want a real Union based on real treaties. Not just theatre...

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I think ChinaWhite has the Korean war wrong.

Let's see North Korea invades South Korea with Soviet Union supplied weapons.

Let me repeat North Korea was the agressor loser.

Russia makes a huge political mistake and boycotts the securtity council. They can't veto a force to defend a country that is being invaded.....lets see a Communist country started this.

The US gets forces over there and crossed the 38th parallel and goes towards the border of china. To take out the country that started this.

China tells there soldiers that the "White devil" Americans are attacking Manchuria and not North Korea. China enters war. Was this on orders of Russia?

After a couple years of fighting we are back at the 38th parallel.

The US stays with 38,000 troops. North Korea has over a million men army. The US force is basically a trip wire force. If NK attacks.......hmmmmm who started the Korean war.......oh yeah North Korea.........The US would not have to be there.

Lets look at the aftermath.

The US defended South Korea. Their government has not always been perfect. But the citizens of South Korea have great jobs and are not starving.

Now lets look at what China thought was worth saving......North Korea.....A country with people dying of starvation every day.......OH yeah China picked a real winner.

China should be ashamed of themselves for defending a country that invaded another country. China was the Soviet Unions little baby and was pushed around.

For all the deaths and suffering that has happened in North Korea since the mid 1950's all Chinese people should just as ashamed as the Japanese rape of Nanking in the 1930's China. In my opinion even more so, as more people have died and suffered.

Those are the facts of the Korean war and the aftermath. Go ahead and spin it baby.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Is US enemies developing their own United Nations

Been around for a while...called "OPEC"

Anyhoo... I'm not too worried, and no, it's not because of "gung-ho" Americanism...it's simple economics.

China isn't about to establish sanctions on it's biggest customer, and oil producers are in the same boat...as are many of the nations on the list.

Military action isn't an option either, as a combination of nukes and tech make such an endeavor a suicide pact for all involved.

So, the meeting is really about what policies can be adopted that will neither slit their own throats, but give them some kind of leverage in a playing field they feel is slanted. Worrisome, a little, but more for my pocketbook than any kind of "Red Dawn" feeling.

As many have mentioned...the REAL worry here is the lack of mainstream media coverage of such an event... This smacks and reeks of censorship and filtering exposure.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I did a little research on the Non-Aligned Movement Summit. It seems the group was formed in 1979 mainly at the direction of Cuba. They have met every 3 years since, 2006 marks their 14th such summit. This is the 2nd summit to occur in Havana.

Their five principles, on which they were founded are:

1. Mutual respect for each other's territorial integrity and sovereignty
2. Mutual non-aggression
3. Mutual non-interference in domestic affairs
4. Equality and mutual benefit
5. Peaceful co-existence

Their official website (with information on their summit) ... www.e-nam.org.my...

They don't seem like fanatics anywhere I can read information on them ... but rather a gathering of nations with different opinions than that some European and Western nations who get together to discuss and promote issues that are important to them.

I dare say it's not making the news because it's rather boring. A bunch of world diplomats gathering and being the political creatures they are. Sure it may be their version of a UN (minus any military component .. and minus any world-aid component) but I don't seem harm in their summit.

Everyone, missing the topic here.
My question is in my title.

Is the US enemies developing their own UNITED NATIONS?

I'm not saying its a bad thing for other countries to talk.
I am saying that is more breaking news then movie stars having babies. Or whose divorcing who. Id rather hear NEWS when I listen to the news. Not gossip about movie stars. What other leaders say and do is NEWS.

We should be allowed to hear it. However, we are kept in the dark just as much as other countries are. Actually, I think other countries get to hear more than we do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join