It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is US enemies developing their own United Nations

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The point im trying to make is our enemies are coming together against us. Anyway they can. With whomever will join them.

PARIS - Al-Qaida has for the first time announced a union with an Algerian insurgent group that has designated France as an enemy, saying they will act together against French and American interests.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   

posted by HoHoFoo

Perhaps you all should read more some international news than US inbreed propaganda channels as Fox and CNN? [Edited by Don W]

Have you noticed how CNN - under Time Warner - is becoming a mirror image of FoxTV? Ted Turner, Jane Fonda, where are you when your country needs you?

The following countries of interest to the US are member of the 118 Non Aligned Movement, the NAM. 1) Afghanistan; 2) Bolivia; 3) Chile; 4) Cuba; 5) Columbia; 6) Ecuador; 7) Egypt; 8) Guatemala; 9) Honduras; 10) India; 11) Iraq; 12) Iraq; 13) Jordan; 14) Kuwait; 15) Lebanon; 16) Nicaragua; 17) Nigeria; 18) North Korea; 19) Oman; 20) Palestinian Authority; 21) Panama; 22) Peru; 23) Philippines; 24) Qatar; 25) Saudi Arabia; 26) Singapore; 27) South Africa; 28) Syria; 29) Venezuela; 30) Vietnam; and 31) Yemen.

I’m of the opinion the era of Bush43 will be looked back on as an anomaly and throw-back, to the Alamo mentality the Texas governor took to W-DC.

[edit on 9/15/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
The point im trying to make is our enemies are coming together against us.

The reason for this thread appeared to be the reunion of the NAM in Cuba as if it were a "new anti-US organisation", regardless of the fact that they exist for some 40 years and have as members some US allies.

You now posted that link saying "More evidence of countries coming together", and that news piece talked about two terrorist organisations getting together.

This starts to look like a desperate attempt to find an enemy gathering forces against the US, so I suggest you relax a bit and try to see the "bright side of life".

Anyway they can.

Anyway, they can...

With whomever will join them.

I don't think they will accept anyone, only other organisations with the same goal, and if they have the same goal it is only natural that they get together against a common enemy, it has happened thousands of times in human history.

Once again, I suggest to take it easy, the world is bad enough as it is, do not live your life as if it was worse.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
i do not live my life like its the worse. however, im not blind. i do care that were in war and were hated very badly by these nations. we are be threaten everyday. im glad you dont care. go live your life in peace and dont ever pick up arms or fly your flag. your asleep and have shut out what other countries are doing to us. do you not know how bad we are hated. can you not see they are gearing up for a major attack on our soil.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Well, then the last thing I will say about this is:

Good luck.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Would anyone care to guess what the reaction in the west was like, when it was learned that the communist countries formed the Warsaw Pact? If this site had existed then, I bet they would have had discussions like this one. If you expect other countries of the world (those not aligned with the U.S.) to sit back and let the world go by, you are not being realistic. Even allies work at cross-purposes, from time to time... why expect anything less from non-allied countries?

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Have a look at this. It appears that Kofi Annan seems to support this little meeting in Cuba. This may be bigger than you think.

Annan hails anti-US forum in Cuba

Havana (dpa) - UN Secretary General Kofi Annan on Friday hailed the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) as a symbol of a "new South," while anti-US rhetoric dominated the comments of other leaders during their two-day gathering.

"I can assure you that his(Fidel Castro) health is improving very well," Annan told delegates at the meeting, and he praised Castro "for his immense contribution and the leadership that he has shown over the different stages and the evolution of the (Non-Aligned) movement."

Annan once again urged an overhaul of the Security Council, saying the concept of power in the hands of its five permanent members is "very difficult to sustain and bears the risk of undermining the authority and legitimacy" of the UN.

"The UN Security Council has to be reformed for the sake of the developing world and for the sake of the United Nations itself," Annan said.

"You are the symbol of a new and powerful South, a bridge between several countries, cultures and movements, a movement of the rapidly developing world," Annan told NAM.

Guys you need to wake up this ain't the same world it was before. When a new President is elected in 2008 nothing about their attitudes will change. They will still hate us because we are the only superpower. You see they want what we have and don't care who the freaking president is and will stop at almost nothing to get it. They may be small now but they are attempting to gain power and when they do watch out because I honestly don't think they will care that you voted for John Kerry.

External Source

[edit on 15-9-2006 by BlackJackal]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
You see they want what we have and don't care who the freaking president is and will stop at almost nothing to get it.

They want what we have . . . right?

You mean to hold the last oil reserves in the world, that right. . . now the US barons are doing everything they can while they are still in power to get. Right?

Or you mean our freedoms, right? yeah it most be our freedoms.

BTW I though US corporate power are the ones that rules the world and control the littler countries.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
No Marg

Power and Money what makes the world go round.

Seriously, what do you think they want? What do you think all the anti-us rhetoric is about? What can the US do to make them happy?

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I am a US citizen and up till now have always been proud of my country because I thought we stood for truth and what was right. I am 48 and the older I get the more I have been disappointed in the actions of my country. More recently than ever. If other countries are beginning ally against the tyranny that the US has been showing recently I can't say I blame them. The US should realize that it can stand against the world not matter what it's military superiority. We have seen already that we are spread thin. Attacking Iran or Syria or North Korea at this point is folly. I always thought we stood for what was right, at least in modern times. Recent events have disappointed me.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Guys you need to wake up this ain't the same world it was before. When a new President is elected in 2008 nothing about their attitudes will change. They will still hate us because we are the only superpower. You see they want what we have and don't care who the freaking president is and will stop at almost nothing to get it. They may be small now but they are attempting to gain power and when they do watch out because I honestly don't think they will care that you voted for John Kerry.

You are the one that needs to wake up. They do not hate the US, because of our superpower status. They hate the US for what our government do to their country and people.

Watch this video and stop your ignorance. If after watching this film, you are not ashame of your country then you need to be hang along with Bush and Cheney. Our government uses our tax money to commit atrocities on the developing countries. This is not what the United States of America stands for - not in my name, nor should it be in your name. The NAM member nations just want the destruction and killing to stop.

The War Against the Third World
video.google.com...

edit:
"Award-winning journalist, John Pilger, investigates the realities of globalization by taking a close look at Indonesia.

In order to examine the true effects of globalization, Pilger turns the spotlight on Indonesia, a country described by the World Bank as a model pupil until its globalized economy collapsed in 1998."
video.google.com...

The Timor Conspiracy. The US-backed Suharto military dictatorship committed genocide on East Timor.
video.google.com...

Stealing a Nation
video.google.com...

Cambodia - The Betrayal
video.google.com...

[edit on 15-9-2006 by tazadar]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   
CHAR, thank you for the answer i was looking for. i was asking for in other topics, what does cuba have to do with the u.s.a. this is all bad. all these countries, we are the bully, supposedly. oh my god, i did not want to think of the worsed scenario, but it is comming true. leage of nations against U.S.A. we helped out lots of countries, and rebuilt some, we are the enemy. SIR, NO SIR. this hitler reencarnate irans president, is going to do it. oh my god. and it is happenning before our eyes. gods speed to us all. i wonder who is going to throw the first punch? we retaliate, we get ganged up on.
EVERYONE ON THIS SITE, ATTENTION, ATTENTION PLEASE KEEP US INFORMED, THANK YOU.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Finally, somebody with a higher voice than me. Somebody who gets it. Who has said exactly what I am saying.

Here`s the point tonight: our enemies are mobilizing against us. They are 90 miles away and the media is paying very little attention to the gathering storm. This meeting is just one piece of the storm. An evil axis of power is being formed right now, and the result could be catastrophic.

Iran`s President Tom trying to make nicey-nice today. He said, quote, "We are partisans of dialogue and negotiation." Yes, except when it comes to building the nukes, President Tom. Do I have that one right?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: U.K., you will pay! U.K., you will pay!

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Bomb, bomb USA! Bomb, bomb USA!

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Death to Israel!

Another former secretary of state, Henry Kissinger, it seems this guy gets it. He`s saying that we are heading for a war of civilizations. He says Iran is at the center of it all. He wrote an op-ed piece that I swear to you, I could have written. He is absolutely right, and he also sounded smarter when he said it than I do.

In Cuba, our enemies are lining up against us. They are -- they are lining up, and they`ve all got a common goal: to destroy the west and our way of life. You need to wake up, America, and act before it`s too late

transcripts.cnn.com...

Hopefully, people will wake up and take notice to what is going on around them.

[edit on 16-9-2006 by Shar]

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 04:45 AM
link   
A movie called "Obsession" about the haters of the USA can be found here. I was wanting to put a film clip especially the one title "Hitler and The Mufti" its 56 seconds long and says so much. If people saw this movie here in America maybe people like me might think different about 911. However, i dont know how to insert the clips maybe someone who knows will. The trailers can be found here.

www.obsessionthemovie.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   

When a new President is elected in 2008 nothing about their attitudes will change. They will still hate us because we are the only superpower. You see they want what we have and don't care who the freaking president is and will stop at almost nothing to get it.

This is UTTERLY, UTTERLY typical of the kind of wilful ignroance that American citizens have of their own country's foreign policy. Please, feel free to ignore history and see the situation as the reverse of what it really is. "They hate us for our freedoms", "they hate us because we are the only superpower", "they're just jealous"...

WRONG.

Let's look at some legitimate reasons why the US might be hated by these countries.

Cuba: for the past 50 years, nearly, the US has tried to destabilise Cuba, has tried to assassinate its head of state, and has maintained an economic boycott in an attempt to strangle its economy. Attempts are continually made to subvert its government and occasional forays into outright terrorism, like the bombing of a Cuban passenger plane, are quite normal. People are going to come back with "the Cuban missile crisis" - and I'd just like to ask them which came first, the missile crisis or the Bay of Pigs, in which a US-backed invasion force attacked the island?

Venezuela: the most recent of US attempts to subvert a democratically elected government in that country was in 2002 when a short-lived coup was aided by the US, who gave support to the plotters and was the only country in the world to immediately recognise the illegal government, which proceeded to tear up the country's constitution and restore the country's oil wealth to the hands of a tiny oligarchy. Attempts to demonise Chavez and destabilise the country continue. US policy of installing corrupt dictators in countries whose resources they covet has been a constant threat - one egregious example being "President" Jimenez, who took power in a coup and was awarded the US Legion of Merit... his own country took a rather dimmer view and revolted against him in 1958. He went to live in the US but was extradited in 1963 (this wouldn't happen now, of course!) and convicted of embezzling millions from the country's coffers.

When a new President is elected... nothing about their attitudes will change... You see they want what we have and don't care who the freaking president is and will stop at almost nothing to get it.

It's funny how that statement, in reality, applies to the US' attitude to pretty much every other country in the region. Moving on...

Iran: because he wanted to use the oil wealth of his country to benefit its people, democratically-elected president Mossadegh was ousted by a UK/US coup (Churchill put up half the money but the US insisted that the coup was orchestrated by none other than Kermit Roosevelt) and the Shah installed. The US trained and equipped one of the most vicious secret police on the planet, the SAVAK (who made Saddam's henchmen look like a bunch of sweet little old ladies), and the country lived in fear for two decades... until radical Islam started to look like a good idea. When the Iranians overthrew the Shah, they stormed the US embassy, which, quite rightly, they saw as the puppetmaster of their weak and venal ruler. They actually used to refer to it as "the nest of spies".

Chile: US policy towards its South American neighbours is characterised by a consistent effort to ensure that the mineral and agricultural wealth of a country is kept in the hands of a small number of people who will keep the US supplied at rock-bottom prices and who will not, under any circumstances, attempt to impede US companies from paying the lowest rates, being free of taxes, and polluting wherever they want. A characteristic example of this is the coup, on September 11 1973 - that's one date that the Chileans certainly remember - that removed Salvador Allende, again, a democratically elected President, from power, replacing him with General Augusto Pinochet. Repression and the widespread use of death squads began immediately.

The pattern repeats itself with variations throughout Central and South America, and in fact, across the world, reaching as far as Indonesia, Thailand, Greece... the US even got rid of the (again!) democratically elected Australian Prime Minister Gough Whitlam, who was thinking about revoking the US lease on its Pine Gap base, and who had threatened to name, in the Australian Parliament, those members of the opposition who were being funded by the CIA.

I could continue with examples for almost every other country on the non-aligned nations list. But what would be the point? I doubt very much that any of the rabid US citizens on here, terrified of the threat posed by a bunch of tiny, non-nuclear countries whose armies are dwarfed by that of the US, would listend to what they no doubt will characterise as "left wing propaganda" rather than a dispassionate view of US foreign policy.

If anyone wants to dispute any of the facts I've cited, they're welcome to try.

[edit on 16-9-2006 by rich23]

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Finally, somebody with a higher voice than me. Somebody who gets it. Who has said exactly what I am saying.

I read the transcript. The guy's a hysterical nut job with no grasp of the realities of US intervention in the internal affairs of other countries. Example:

Another former secretary of state, Henry Kissinger, it seems this guy gets it. He`s saying that we are heading for a war of civilizations. He says Iran is at the center of it all. He wrote an op-ed piece that I swear to you, I could have written. He is absolutely right, and he also sounded smarter when he said it than I do.

Henry Kissinger... this is one guy who, if there were any justice, would be on trial in the Hague for crimes against humanity. This is the man who, when Pinochet was slaughtering hundreds of thousands of his citizens, congratulated him and said "we really like the job you're doing over there." This is the guy who prosecuted illegal wars - secret wars that broke all agreed rules of warfare, which is why they kept secret - against Laos and Cambodia.

In Cuba, our enemies are lining up against us. They are -- they are lining up, and they`ve all got a common goal: to destroy the west and our way of life. You need to wake up, America, and act before it`s too late

Their common goal is to stop being ****ed over by the US. That's what they've learned from the past fifty-years plus of history.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I think you missed the point of those quotes. Im showing everyone here that others believe that we just might get attacked very soon by joint forces from multiple different groups. It makes no difference then whose fault it is. The point is, Its coming. Its obvious when you look at all the facts. Also, check out those videos for the movie "Obession". I'm trying to show people how much were truly hated. So people can see how serious this stuff is.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I think you missed the point of those quotes. Im showing everyone here that others believe that we just might get attacked very soon by joint forces from multiple different groups. It makes no difference then whose fault it is. The point is, Its coming. Its obvious when you look at all the facts. Also, check out those videos for the movie "Obession". I'm trying to show people how much were truly hated. So people can see how serious this stuff is.

Shar, I am convinced that you're way too concerned about this summit. You think anti US block had just been formed, and that attack on US is imminent? So, what should America do (your opinion)? And who will actually attack? With what? From where?

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
This is UTTERLY, UTTERLY typical of the kind of wilful ignroance that American citizens have of their own country's foreign policy. Please, feel free to ignore history and see the situation as the reverse of what it really is. "They hate us for our freedoms", "they hate us because we are the only superpower", "they're just jealous"...

WRONG.

Yupe. The American people are so brainwashed. A psychological war has be fallen on the people and they do even know. FEAR FEAR TERROR TERROR "People from other countries are coming to kill you!" FEAR FEAR FEAR

The truth. They need to walk outside of the United States and look at it from that perspective. One will then see in this world, the United States is the evil one. This military-industrial complex is slowly destroying this country. The founding fathers warned us of not getting mixed up in wars in Europe. This country has not just done that, but expanded wars globally.

Venezuela: the most recent of US attempts to subvert a democratically elected government in that country was in 2002 when a short-lived coup was aided by the US, who gave support to the plotters and was the only country in the world to immediately recognise the illegal government, which proceeded to tear up the country's constitution and restore the country's oil wealth to the hands of a tiny oligarchy. Attempts to demonise Chavez and destabilise the country continue. US policy of installing corrupt dictators in countries whose resources they covet has been a constant threat - one egregious example being "President" Jimenez, who took power in a coup and was awarded the US Legion of Merit... his own country took a rather dimmer view and revolted against him in 1958. He went to live in the US but was extradited in 1963 (this wouldn't happen now, of course!) and convicted of embezzling millions from the country's coffers.

Chavez was a lucky to come out alive from the coup and good thing he didn't meet a fate as Mossadegh.

The Revolution Will Not Be Televised. This is good documentary on the coup.
video.google.com...

[edit on 16-9-2006 by tazadar]

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I love my country just like any other true American, but we can not stay still while our for the people elected officials serve a higher power and in our name and representing us their policies are hurting other nations and us alone with them as the people of this nation because of corporate agendas.

Yes other countries has the right to gather, plan and condemn countries that they see as a thread to their sovereignty.

The leaders of our nation are not the only ones that can do that, you know.

What will we do if our goods are deny in other nations? or the nations from where we buy start to increase taxes? or if we are tagged []b and Axis of evil to certain countries?.

We may scream, may call it foul play but guess what, already is happening, we are not alone in the world and is not US of the world either, we have only one earth and we have to share it with other people just like us.

Is only one earth and one human race after all.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join