It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

page: 276
<< 273  274  275    277 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Ok. So, to be more specific; when the moon is visible during daytime hours are we seeing the same side as we observe at night? Anytime I've noticed a daytime moon, I haven't noticed anything different, i.e. That I'm seeing a different side of it. It's seems to me, that we'd observe a different side of the moon.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: CheckPointCharlie

This explains it well and in simple terms.

The rotation is not 100% perfect we can actually see about 59% of the Moon from Earth.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Thanks for the video. It clears it up a bit for me. I went on to watch 2 or 3 more similar vids. I wish either of them woulda had the earth's rotation as well.

I mean I get it. I understand it, but without an illustration of the earth's rotation, it's still just beyond my understanding. I'm just not a lineal thinker, lol.

(post by tmpxvx removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: tmpxvx
ATS most have one of the most incompetent and stupid/dirty administrators if they decided to ban John Lear. I couldn't give a # about the reason. The fact that he's here and sharing info and getting banned for it, tells a lot about this site.

Underlined above says a lot about you

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

originally posted by: tmpxvx
ATS most have one of the most incompetent and stupid/dirty administrators if they decided to ban John Lear. I couldn't give a # about the reason. The fact that he's here and sharing info and getting banned for it, tells a lot about this site.

Underlined above says a lot about you

Both of you started in 2008 so you both should know that old John got rather "crazy" with his posts, I would bet that the Jerry thought it was in John's best interests to leave ATS, not so much of a ban per say.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: tmpxvx

The fact that he's here and sharing info and getting banned for it, tells a lot about this site.

See where it says "member?" That means he was not banned.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Did he feel "unwelcome?" Maybe. But that's a personal problem.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

wmd_2008 joined after Lear last logged on. As did I.

Missed the fun.

Gin

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

He did get banned once because of heated conversation between members back then. I remember because I used to lurk around that time and saw it all unfold.

Info for those who are curios about it.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Gin
Yeah. I know about the post ban. That's a "time out." It happened to me once.

And it was unfair! I say, unfair! Waah!

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Missed the fun.

Great read though

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Missed the fun.

Fun / PSTD same same.

It was exhausting to be honest. Some of the best moon pics came out of it though.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Still reading/viewing as time permits. Gotta say, so much awesome!

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I've been a member since the beginning of 2012, and I'm just now seeing this thread?!
How did this escape my attention?

The only reason I found it now is because of a podcast I listened to that John did on the the Podcast Affiliates Network recently, where he talked about this thread.

I'm late, but I would like to thank John Lear and Springer for the photos.

The thread is so old at this point, many of the pictures members have brought to our attention during the thread are no longer available.

My loss.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Interesting to see that an 11 year old thread with 275 pages produced absolutely nothing except a place to go look at a bunch of moon pictures filled with rocks and man made equipment. I wonder how many thousands of man hours were wasted looking at fake stuff in this thread LOL.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: rocksarerocks

I wonder how many thousands of man hours were wasted looking at fake stuff in this thread LOL.

I wonder how many people engaged in lunar-related research and learning as a result of the fake stuff in this thread.

Even false assertions, especially entertaining ones, sometimes spark individual learning on topics that might otherwise be ignored

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: johnlear
It it the Testors design?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

YOU!
Me I can SEE but YOU seem normal.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Awesome pictures. I also can suggest this website solarstory.net... . It's so exciting to watch Earth from the space. Our planet is so beautiful.
edit on 8-6-2017 by BillyGallagher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 273  274  275    277 >>

join