It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

page: 199
<< 196  197  198    200  201  202 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Here is something to think about.

1. The Moon had previous volcanic activity.
2. Its recent activity has gases escaping to the surface.
3. We don't have any current data on how many moonquakes there are on a daily basis.
4. We don't know how much gas or how many gas leaks there are on a daily basis.

What do we know about volcanic activity on Earth that would help explain these recent gas leaks. We know that faults and fractures appear as a result, and this is something that is part of the current idea on how these gases are able to make it to the surface. But something that isn't mentioned, and this is something that I think is totally possible, is that there are vents or caverns under the surface that are connected and help these gases make it to the surface.

This would be a very good reason why the Moon can resonate, it's not hollow in the sense that some think, but rather it has many tunnels or holes that would create the same affect.

We know that this is possible from what we have seen on Earth, so why not on the Moon? I looked for any mention of this idea and found nothing from a source that isn't science fiction based. Only fractures and faults, no tunnels or vents.

Here is something for the Moon mining people to think about.

Maybe there is an underground mining operation going on. This would be easy to hide but more importantly they can use these natural, or are they manmade, gas releases as a cover for the operations underground.

Current research has said that the surface of the Moon is changing from these gas releases and solar winds. So that is an easy way to cover your tracks if they were to look for any surface anomolies that would blow their cover.

Also, if they found any sort of underground network of tunnels/caves, wouldn't that make it easier to mine? We know what created the rare materials on the Moon, volcanic activity, so why not use these natural tunnels/caves to get to them?

Why sift through tons of regolith when you can go underground to a more concentrated source?

I would think that any mining operation would be moved underground for many reasons, some being safety, secrecy, and warmth since we are told the Moon is still cooling so there must be a temperate zone somewhere under the surface. We are also told that the surface temps vary from day to night, 2 very big extremes I might add that would not make it easy for any operation to take place since coolers and heaters would be needed.

It's just a thought and I figured I would mention it since it is based on what we are told about the Moon and what we know about the Earth. I would think that any new pics of the Moon will not show us anything since any mining operation would have moved underground and there are other ways to hide stuff on the surface, some may even seem natural.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NJ Mooch
This would be a very good reason why the Moon can resonate, it's not hollow in the sense that some think, but rather it has many tunnels or holes that would create the same affect.
I don't think so, a solid object resonates better than an object full of tunnels.

We know what created the rare materials on the Moon, volcanic activity, so why not use these natural tunnels/caves to get to them?
What are those rare materials created by the volcanic activity?

I would think that any mining operation would be moved underground for many reasons, some being safety, secrecy, and warmth since we are told the Moon is still cooling so there must be a temperate zone somewhere under the surface.
Unless the materials being mined are on the surface...

It's just a thought and I figured I would mention it since it is based on what we are told about the Moon and what we know about the Earth.
Not everything, some things are just hypothesis.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Just a quickie at the risk creating a one liner, has this image been seen here before it reminds of that reactor thing and there are a lot of other things around it, one looks like some sort of truck.

[edit: resized oversized image]

[edit on 9-8-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Is that a Clementine picture?

It is allways a good idea to post the source of the data posted.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Whoops, yes sorry about that, yes Clementine, I got a bit excited, here is the browser I have been using url.

pdsmaps.wr.usgs.gov...

[shortened & fixed broken link]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I wanted to mention that solid and hollow materials can resonate. Which one does better isn't what i'm worried about, but the fact that it happens on the Moon is. Once they get a better way to record seismic activity on the Moon maybe they can figure out if it is still molten and if it is hollow, or has a system of empty areas inside of it.

Some say that the reason the Moon is less dense then the Earth is because of hollow areas inside of it. I am not totally sure but i'm leaning towards the hollow areas idea since it makes sense because the Moon was molten at one time and that would lead me to think there are empty areas under the surface.

www.osti.gov...

Do a search on KREEP and that should give you an idea of what i'm talking about when it comes to ree being formed during a time the Moon was molten. Maybe I should have said the ree's were created from molten activity, not volcanic. I view them as the same since lunar volcanic activity is a direct result of lunar molten activity. If i'm wrong please let me know since I don't want to mix up to seperate actions if they are not related.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Here is another, this time to the right which I think is East of the last one.
Actually having looked a bit closer at the first one thats probably not a truck it is more like some sought of craft.
This one has a weird thing in with possibly balls on top, bit like a vanden graff generator.

[edit on 4-8-2007 by sherpa]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Ah.. don't know why that edit didn't work, try again.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

OK this is my first attempt at adding a photo to a post so It might take a couple of edits to get it right. For when it works here's a crop of John's Copernicus 3 showing what I think looks like an entrance into the lunar surface. Also above it looks like a building of some sort.

Edit: well it's a lot smaller than I hoped but it's there. maybe someone knowledgeable than I can take it and enlarger it.

[edit on 6-8-2007 by GAOTU789]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
To all....

Stay tuned... something exciting comes this way....

Pegasus has a new team member... an amateur astronomer and image analysist... Wait till ya see what he brought us

Ok... I have been following from the beginning, any chance you could share with us Zorgon???
Sounds like a little taster that is long overdue??

I AWAIT !

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789

Edit: well it's a lot smaller than I hoped but it's there. maybe someone knowledgeable than I can take it and enlarger it.

[edit on 6-8-2007 by GAOTU789]

Here's what I do, and it seems to have worked nicely for the last 12 months or so...

go to imageshack.us

browse the image to upload from your PC

upload it (you don't have to sign up for anything)

copy the URL text from the box with the label "Direct link to image"

then paste the URL text into your ATS post between the ATS post tags [ATS] paste the URL here ['/ATS] ... (without that apostrophe, of course)

It should show up as the original size pic in your post

EDIT: to add... as long as your image is viewed frequently (which happens every day on THIS thread, it will live long on imageshack and persist). This is just my theory and/or slightly educated guess.

[edit on 8-8-2007 by Zarniwoop]

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
Originally posted by ArMaP

If you do not know what colour the sky has on the moon how can you be sure that it is not black?

I can be absolutely sure it is not black because patent leather shows are already black.

Here is a view of Copernicus with the sky color according to Howard Menger (there are some scattered clouds that Howard did not mention):

Hey... That's pretty cool, John. How was that rendering done and where did the cloud's come from as a result? Were those somewhere in the background of the original pic?

EDIT to add:

[edit on 8-8-2007 by Zarniwoop]

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Originally posted by Zarniwoop

Hey... That's pretty cool, John. How was that rendering done and where did the cloud's come from as a result? Were those somewhere in the background of the original pic?

Zorgon did the color for me. He put the clouds in after I left. There are definately clouds on the moon but I am not sure they look exactly like that so I had him take them out. We also reduced the saturation in this revised version. This is probably pretty close to what the daytime sky on the moon looks like.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlearThis is probably pretty close to what the daytime sky on the moon looks like.
Just one question, do you have any reason to believe that that colour is more probably than any other the real colour of the daytime sky on the Moon?

[edit on 8/8/2007 by ArMaP]

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Originally posted by ArMaP

Just one question, do you have any reason to believe that that colour is more probably than any other the real colour of the daytime sky on the Moon?

With all due respect ArMaP you need to pay a little closer attention. I said that the color of the sky represented the color that Howard Menger said he saw (Secret of the Flying Saucers From Outer Space, Copyright 1959) LOCCCN 59-10057 published by Pyramid Publications, Inc., New York) and I quote from page 149 "I looked up at the sky. It was a yellowish color." "
In the distance we could see the jagged edges of high mountains etched black against the saffron-colored sky."

Since we are 'looking in the distance' I set the color more saffron than yellow. I would guess that it is less than more saturated so I reduced the saturation to 50%.

Thanks for your usual doggedly obstinate input. It is greatly appreciated.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Has this been discussed yet?

All Things Considered, August 6, 2007 · A new digital scanning project at Arizona State University is archiving and posting on the Web the exposed films of the original Apollo flights.

Here is the news source:

www.npr.org...

And here is the ASU web site:

apollo.sese.asu.edu...

I downloaded a 280 MB image - very high detail. The beauty of these images (at least until the get airbrushed) is that the will be high resolution scans of the ORIGINAL plates, no reproductions, enlargements, etc.

I'm sure these images will add significantly to the mining camp and nuclear reactor debates when they are all made available. It will take three years to sacan all the film

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlearWith all due respect ArMaP you need to pay a little closer attention.
In the words of the saffron Homer Simpson:

Dooh!!

I don't know why I forgot that you had already told about the saffron coloured sky, I even had thought to post an answer to your post with the saffron sky.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbluesky
Has this been discussed yet?

The ASU website was where we first got the data on the Color Clementine images in the other thread. Mark Robinson of the LROC team at ASU was at Northwestern U When he transferred to ASU we were made privy to the large color tiffs and .cub files a few weeks before they were released... was a nice little coup...

Its interesting those color images never stirred up th common folkes LOL

I'm sure these images will add significantly to the mining camp and nuclear reactor debates when they are all made available. It will take three years to sacan all the film

That depends... if they do like USGS did with the Lunar orbiter high res images, leaving out many key numbers... I won't hold my breath... but we can hope... and watch

Okay have a CD to finish... back later

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
This is probably pretty close to what the daytime sky on the moon looks like.

I tend to agree that the daytime sky on the moon is not pitch black. Most of the old moon pics available have a smooth, pitch black sky, "almost" as if it were painted on

In any case... I don't think we'll see the moon's true daytime sky color from the surface anytime soon. Our folks up there simply won't allow it.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Originally posted by Zarniwoop

I tend to agree that the daytime sky on the moon is not pitch black. Most of the old moon pics available have a smooth, pitch black sky, "almost" as if it were painted on

In any case... I don't think we'll see the moon's true daytime sky color from the surface anytime soon. Our folks up there simply won't allow it.

You are right about that Zarni. Uh, if its not too much trouble could you please change the color of the daytime sky in your avatar? Either that or remove the sun. Thanks.

top topics

<< 196  197  198    200  201  202 >>

join