It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

page: 200
<< 197  198  199    201  202  203 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I remembered one thing:

if we see a blue sky on Earth because of the scattering of the blue light by the air molecules, what type of air molecules, dust or vapour could make a saffron sky?

Anyone has any idea about it or knows someone that can make the calculations?

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Some months ago i posted the "moon obelisk" pic in BAT Forum. BAT forum is the total oposite of ATS.

It is interesting to read the opinions of my BAT "friends"...it was the first time that i saw them confused and ambiguous...

Sorry for my english.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
Originally posted by Zarniwoop

Uh, if its not too much trouble could you please change the color of the daytime sky in your avatar? Either that or remove the sun. Thanks.

O.K. John... Just for you.

Sun gone, and I'm just wild about saffron.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   

O.K. John... Just for you.

Sun gone, and I'm just wild about saffron.

Thanks Zarni. Its beautiful. When Alan Bean looked up into the lunar sky he didn't see "Black patent leather shoes!" He saw a saffron colored sky. What say Al? Does this look familiar?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
All this talk of lunar atmosphere and sky color has generated some more questions. What's the ballbark atmospheric pressure at the lunar surface?
Whats the gaseous composition of the "breathable" atmosphere? What are the maximum wind speeds? What's the average "air" temperature at the equator? At the poles? Humidity?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Originally posted by darkbluesky

All this talk of lunar atmosphere and sky color has generated some more questions. What's the ballbark atmospheric pressure at the lunar surface?

Thats an excellent question. Obviously I don't know but some of the factors we are taking into consderation are the many places of 'rising vapor' in the Copernicus photos, the dirt falling from the top of the bucket wheel excavator in the center of the Copernicus photo which appears cohesive and the huge plume from the explosion near Endymion caught by the Lick Observatory in January of 1946. This column of dust/debris rises a few thousand feet, then changes direction to the northwest for about 25 kilometers (as if blown by the wind) then rises to the top of the apparent atmosphere.

The rectangular construction of the 'parking garage' on the upper level of the north face of Copernicus and the rectangluer shape of the buildings to the left end of the 'keep' would indicate that whatever the outside pressure the inside pressure is equal or similar. Otherwise the construction would be more dome shaped to more efficiently contain a higher pressure.

Whats the gaseous composition of the "breathable" atmosphere?

There is no data on this as yet

What are the maximum wind speeds?

There is one or two very short film clips of a flag placed by the Apollo astronauts that indicate very light but definate wind. Although these videos have been discounted by NASA they remain in question by serious researchers. The Apollo 12 Solar Wind Composition Experiment conversation between Bean and Capcom would also indicate a light wind present on the surface of the moon.

There is a strange but real phenomena which accompanies the terminator movement over the daytime nearside which deserves more research but observations indicate movement of dust or debris.

What's the average "air" temperature at the equator? At the poles? Humidity?

We are working to prove that the temperatures on the moon both at the equator and at the poles is not the extreme that NASA would have you believe. The hotest areas of the daytime side of the moon may be less than 150 degrees F.

The nighttime side temperature of the moon may be warmer than previously thought. This is indicated by nighttime photos of huge mining operations such as in LO-1-102.

According to astronaut statements there may be snow on nighttime peaks.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
You've had some pretty interesting experiences John Lear, I've enjoyed reading about you both here and elsewhere though I confess I can't remember everything I've read.

At the risk of seeming entirely ignorant, I'm curious what your current activities are... What are you involved in presently?

Since Lear ignored the question, perhaps this is considered off topic or out of place somehow. My apologies...

[edit on 10-8-2007 by seeingevil]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orion437
Some months ago i posted the "moon obelisk" pic in BAT Forum. BAT forum is the total oposite of ATS.

It is interesting to read the opinions of my BAT "friends"...it was the first time that i saw them confused and ambiguous...

Sorry for my english.

Hi Orion437 your english looks fine to me.

Thats interesting it certainly has got them thinking, although I think the "processing artiifact" answer is an indication of their "in the box " thinking in my opinion.
I wander sometimes if they wouldn't be satisfied with anything less then an alien holding up a sign that said "Hello Mum" written on it.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   

There is a strange but real phenomena which accompanies the terminator movement over the daytime nearside which deserves more research but observations indicate movement of dust or debris.

I was reading about this phenomena (or something similar) today while trying to find an answer to ArMaP's question on what would cause a saffron colored daylight sky.

science.nasa.gov...

There could be "significant horizontal electric fields forming between the day and night areas, so there might be horizontal dust transport," Stubbs speculates. "Dust would get sucked across the terminator sideways." Because the biggest flows would involve microscopic particles too small to see with the naked eye, an astronaut would not notice dust speeding past. Still, if he or she were on the Moon's dark side alert for lunar sunrise, the astronaut "might see a weird, shifting glow extending along the horizon, almost like a dancing curtain of light." Such a display might resemble pale auroras on Earth.

As for the theory of the saffron colored sky. My guess would be that these levitated lunar dust particles might scatter the sun's light waves most efficiently in a saffron-ish portion of the spectrum. This would be similar to the effect that smog has on the daytime sky color in portions of Los Angeles. Although a little more on the orangey side, it's still breathable for the most part

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   

There could be "significant horizontal electric fields forming between the day and night areas, so there might be horizontal dust transport," Stubbs speculates. "Dust would get sucked across the terminator sideways." Because the biggest flows would involve microscopic particles too small to see with the naked eye, an astronaut would not notice dust speeding past. Still, if he or she were on the Moon's dark side alert for lunar sunrise, the astronaut "might see a weird, shifting glow extending along the horizon, almost like a dancing curtain of light." Such a display might resemble pale auroras on Earth.

thanks Z...that was what I was refering to. Bob Lazar sent it to me a couple of years ago and I lost the reference. He has promised to kill himself if there is a breathable atmosphere on the moon although I don't have his promise on paper like I did the parking garage in Copernicus.

As for the theory of the saffron colored sky. My guess would be that these levitated lunar dust particles might scatter the sun's light waves most efficiently in a saffron-ish portion of the spectrum. This would be similar to the effect that smog has on the daytime sky color in portions of Los Angeles. Although a little more on the orangey side, it's still breathable for the most part

When Zorgon gets back I think he has something to say about this.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Originally posted by seeingevil

At the risk of seeming entirely ignorant, I'm curious what your current activities are... What are you involved in presently?

I own and operated the Treasure Hawk gold mine in Gold Butte, Nevada, the only permitted and operating gold mine in southern Nevada. Due to an error in paperwork in renewing my claims in 2005 which the BLM discovered last March they have ordered the operation shutdown and the land reclaimed so I am in the process of dismantling the operation. Here are a few pictures:

This is a view of the operations office (cabin, lower right), shop (middle left) and mill in the background.

This is the conveyor belt and ball mill.

This is the woofer table that separates the slurry into concentrate.

This is the mill. The assay lab is that little building on the left. The rock crusher, conveyor belt and ball mill are in the center of the building and the woofer table is in the buildng on the left.

Here we are running a conveyor belt water spray test. The rock crusher on the right is loaded with ore and there is a continuous water spray to keep the dust down, a requirement by the Clark County Department of Air Quality and Environmental Management.

In my spare time I post on ATS.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Zorgon is going into the hospital in a few hours (Saturday August 11) for treatment of a serious knee infection. I wish him quick recovery and will be right there for anything he needs.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Zorgon is going into the hospital in a few hours (Saturday August 11) for treatment of a serious knee infection. I wish him quick recovery and will be right there for anything he needs.

Please pass my best wishes for a speedy recovery and regards on to him.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
John, let Zorgon know our thoughts and prayers are with and for him to get better and be back up to full speed soon. Rik Riley

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Thank you Mr. Lear for acknowledging my trivial question.

It's very interesting to know you're the owner and operator of the Treasure Hawk gold mine in Gold Butte, Nevada. Thanks for posting the images as well. I've actually been there before and if I'd known who the owner was I'd have inquired about you to say hello.

It was long ago that I visited your mine, I'd guess it was probably about eight or nine years ago during a period where I did OTR truck driving for a living. I wish I could remember the particular load I delivered for you, I can only remember that it was an unusually small load for my 53' trailer and that it was relatively light weight. I do however remember clearly how fascinated I was to be there; It was one of my more memorable destinations.

It's unfortunate that you're having to shut down operations there, I'm sorry for your troubles. If you'd like to speak more about your Gold Mine and your experiences with it, I'd be interested to hear whatever you feel like mentioning on the subject.

If I may risk asking another question, what do you have in mind for after the mine business is behind you?

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I wondered what happened to Zorgon. He mentioned that his leg was hurting when I talked to him the other day.

Get well, Zorgon! Immediately, if not sooner!

[edit on 11-8-2007 by undo]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Originally posted by seeingevil

If I may risk asking another question, what do you have in mind for after the mine business is behind you?

By the time I get that thing cleaned up and all 500 yards of concrete crushed and disposed of, the site coutoured and reseeded I am going to be ready for my trip to the Big Soul Machine On The Moon. And when I come back to earth I am coming back as a golf pro.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Kind regards Zorgon get well soon and thanks again for the software.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   

... my trip to the Big Soul Machine On The Moon. And when I come back to earth I am coming back as a golf pro.

I'd be rather fortunate if I could sink the hole across a yard of mini-par strip.

I'm reading up on the "Big Soul Machine On The Moon" you mentioned, I'm in the mood to be enlightened today for some reason.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I hope everything goes well, so we can have him back as good as new in as little time as possible.

new topics

top topics

<< 197  198  199    201  202  203 >>

join