It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

page: 177
<< 174  175  176    178  179  180 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnific
Urban legend or not, i think the moral of the legend is that the Russians allways had a tendency to use cheaper (not meaning 'crap') materials/solutions to produce the same as the U.S. Not sure if it is the same these day's though.

Yea I like the story too, but wanted to make sure it was pointed out to be fictional.

Heres another website that talks about this urban legend, they talk about the stereotype of the Russians using 'cheap' methods to get things done...
www.thespacereview.com...

Urban legends survive because they serve a social purpose. The classic ones, like the guy with the hook who kills the couple in the woods, reinforce morality lessons like don’t park in the woods to have sex.

The Million Dollar Space Pen myth reinforces several particular stereotypes, such as the NASA “nerdgineers” who like to redesign the wheel, and the government bureaucrats who waste money on stupid things. Another common stereotype is the crude but practical Russians who lack flash, but still get the job done.

Those stereotypes and themes live on in many ways, such as claims that NASA is incessantly hidebound and bureaucratic, whereas the Russians are simplistic and cheap, but practical. There is some truth to these stereotypes, but naturally the reality is much more complicated and nuanced.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
So I was reading prophecy again and came across a passage that sounded as if the guy was having a vision of the moon and the sun in some kind of eclipse.
it's odd because it sounded as if both were in the sky and both were only giving 1/3rd of their light. the moon was described as blood red, which is how it appears when in eclipse. anyway, this seemed like an odd astronomical event and i was wondering if there was anyway for the moon to be in what would appear to be a lunar eclipse at the same time as the sun being what would appear to be a solar eclipse? what would it take for this to happen? don't link me to a scientific explanation. i can just google those things. i need an example of how such a thing would be possible from your own fertile brain

[edit on 19-6-2007 by undo]

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes It sounds good, but it really is just an anecdotal lesson that spawned into an urban legend.

Well glad your so diligent

But they had a really cool pencil sharpener for those "legendary" pencils...

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Heres the actual Russian Space Pen

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Originally posted by Fowl Play

I stand corrected then, unusual... Just shows how unclear these images are at times

Fowl Play we appreciate your posts but I am going to have to politely ask you to read the entire thread before you post any more fantasies. Everybody else on this thread follows carefully and rarely reposts thoroughly debunked photos. The Walt Disney secret base photo has been around since Sputnik. The Apollo antenna photo has been around since the V-2 rocket. You understanding will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
Fowl Play we appreciate your posts but I am going to have to politely ask you to read the entire thread before you post any more fantasies. Everybody else on this thread follows carefully and rarely reposts thoroughly debunked photos. The Walt Disney secret base photo has been around since Sputnik. The Apollo antenna photo has been around since the V-2 rocket.

Yeah this thread certainly doesn't need any MORE photos posted of supposed moon bases, cranes, soul collectors and spaceships, without the due diligence, credible and logical analysis performed.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes

Yeah this thread certainly doesn't need any MORE photos posted of supposed moon bases, cranes, soul collectors and spaceships, without the due diligence, credible and logical analysis performed.

I love your avatar, btw. That's gorgeous (northern lights).

But what exactly is your purpose for coming in the thread and spending most of your time being sarcastic? What's the point of that? Can you explain even half of the anomalies without resorting to:

1. It can't be real (how do you know?)
2. Why would they do that? (how do we know?)
3. That's just a trick of light and shadow (abused default position)
4. Physically impossible (says who?)

And so on? I realize how sensitive this issue can be, so I don't blame people for taking a position but not at the expense of the obvious.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Not to mention, greatlakes, how much we all appreciated your due diligence, credible and logical analysis given the 'milk drop' crater.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
I love your avatar, btw. That's gorgeous (northern lights).

Thank you! I like the video efects you've done in making your video...The text effects are awesome!

Originally posted by undo
But what exactly is your purpose for coming in the thread and spending most of your time being sarcastic? What's the point of that? Can you explain even half of the anomalies without resorting to:

1. It can't be real (how do you know?)
2. Why would they do that? (how do we know?)
3. That's just a trick of light and shadow (abused default position)
4. Physically impossible (says who?)

I keep an open mind on these things, but alot of the posts here are just people posting images and a question like "Okay what the heck is this?" without most performing any analysis of them. This just leads to more people posting their images and saying "OMG moon base!".

Just because logic and common sense dictates the statement that shadows and light effects can trick our mind into seeing things that aren't really what we perceive them to be (encapsulated by the phrase "tricks of shadows and light") does not mean that it is "overused and abused" as you say. Maybe you perceive it that way because it appears so often on this thread...Maybe its the default position because its true in most cases of anomaly image research and analysis.

Pareidolia as well in many cases, not only seeing "faces" in light and shadow arrangements, but any terrestrial objects that we as human are familiar with. For instance, why is it that the anomalies are all labeled as familiar objects in this thread, things like "cranes" "water wheels" "spacecraft", why not as alien things that we have no familiarity with? en.wikipedia.org...

Ive visited the following website many times and find much of the info there to be fairly well done, documented and some convincing, thats the way it should ideally be done. www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

The website uses image analysis, logical arguments on BOTH SIDES as to the possibilities of what an anomaly may or may not be, other pertinent and legitimate supporting evidence, as well as listing all relevant sources and documentation.

Tabloids on the other hand, who do they have to answer to? Nobody. So what kind of stories do we see in these rags? Entertaining ones thats for sure, but none that any of us (well maybe JL) take seriously. Do we see any sources documented when the tabloid writes a headline "Britney Spears Has Alien Baby!", err I don't think any credible sources would be cited...

Why am I here? to deny ignorance of course

[edit on 6/19/2007 by greatlakes]

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Access Denied...I will submit them for independant peer review and we'll see what happens from there. Fair enough?

The potential for abuse is great. I will consider it over my vacation from today till the 28th.

Thank you for being magnanimous in spite of ourselves. Perhaps we'll talk more somewhere else later on.

This is big MAC signing off for now. I look forwards to new surprises when I get back!

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Regards to the www.marsanomalyresearch.com... site, remember the strange dark hole found on Mars awhile ago and posted on ATS as to what the heck it may be?

Check the following link for an analysis of the anomaly by the website, its not as comprehensive as most of their work, but the anomaly really doesn't have much evidence in which to study...www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

And a conclusion (very logical and supported by the evidence at hand):

The bottom line is that there is insufficient evidence of any of this one way or the other as to whether this is truly a pit or originally an elevated form. Except for the strange looking terrain that I suspect is more "suggestive" of some form of strange dense biological life than inanimate geology, the fact is that what ever is most telling here evidence wise has been visually eliminated by intent. The only thing that the less trusting of us are left with is the strong suspicion that we've been had and that the Mars dark hole scientific speculation may be off the mark with this particular evidence.

That kind of ambiguity may be disgusting and unacceptable to those of us longing for a little simple straight forward truth in planetary exploration but, even if the down versus up misdirection tactic and perception doesn't work with everyone, the resulting ambiguity alone will do just fine as a second choice for those who promote secrecy. Just trust us, we know what is best for you!

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Regards to the www.marsanomalyresearch.com... site,

Okay so you like Skipper's site... marvelous
But I can just as easily point out many anomalies that he makes great claims for that are just as "out there: as ours...

So I fail to see your point. Surely you are not suggesting everyone has to follow a mold that make YOU happy? Hmmm

Now see that is a two edged sword... I hear many skeptics use that as a reason to be here... but lets say just for arguments sake you were wrong (generic "you" can be any topic). Now naturally that "you" would never accept they were wrong, but thats not the issue

In that case you would not be "denying ignorance" but you would be promoting it. So in the case of government cover ups and anomalies, neither side can say absolutely with certainty that they have all the answers.

As to the thread method of "showing pictures and just saying what do you see"... I would say that a comment like that ignores all the hard work in THIS thread by many people to provide all original links, give their viewpoint and provide as much documentation as is available.

You may not agree with our findings, or those of others in the thread who contribute what they can, you may not even actually see what we see, but you cannot say there is no effort to show original sources and link to relevant documents.

So to make such a statement is false and quite frankly an insult to the many who are trying hard to present their side of a naturally controversial issue

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   

I keep an open mind on these things, but alot of the posts here are just people posting images and a question like "Okay what the heck is this?" without most performing any analysis of them. This just leads to more people posting their images and saying "OMG moon base!".

Not that many really... You might consider that sometimes there's not a whole lot of analysis to be done on some anomalies. Sometimes it IS really just "what the heck is that?". If it looks out of place, and you can clearly show the anomaly, I think it deserves being pointed out.... Even if you have no idea what it is
Might spark some interest and/or research by others.

Pareidolia as well in many cases, not only seeing "faces" in light and shadow arrangements, but any terrestrial objects that we as human are familiar with. For instance, why is it that the anomalies are all labeled as familiar objects in this thread, things like "cranes" "water wheels" "spacecraft", why not as alien things that we have no familiarity with? en.wikipedia.org...

Because one of the main premises for this thread is that "we" are up there mining and such. That's why we point out familiar objects and structures along those lines. (P.S. I haven't seen a "water wheel" in this thread)

You certainly have the right to do so

[edit on 19-6-2007 by Zarniwoop]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Cygnific, with all due respect your 'analysis' is not very well presented. You are going to have to be a little more specific if you want comments.

John, your condescending shtick is really getting old. I could be wrong, but from what I’ve been able to gather, it appears Cygnific came to this thread because he was genuinely interested in trying to figure out what these “anomalies” were. Nothing wrong with that, that’s a sign of an open mind… being willing to examine the evidence that’s been presented no matter how “out there” it may seem and letting it stand or fall based solely on it’s merit, not preconceived beliefs, something you apparently are incapable of.

One of the first things they teach you in Psych 101 is that those who complain the most about something (in this case closed minds and ignoring the “evidence”) are the ones most likely to be guilty of it… Jerry Falwell and Jim and Tammy Faye Baker come to mind as perfect examples. Maybe you really aren’t a “true believer” and being outrageous makes you feel superior?

Just because Cygnific (or anyone else for that matter) may have come to a different conclusion on the “evidence” that you and your handful of faithful followers have presented than you wanted him to doesn’t necessarily mean he doesn’t believe something might be going on up there (I don’t know if he does or doesn’t) and that certainly doesn’t give you the right to gang up on him and ridicule his opinion. It works both ways. I’ve seen you and your followers do this over and over again until eventually one by one everyone leaves in disgust and then you all stand around and pat each other on the back… childish at best, cultish at worst.

You all who are supporting John may think you’re denying ignorance but all you’re really doing as I see it is alienating the people who would be most likely to support you if you ever actually did stumble onto something extraordinary one of these days. The fact that you only have a handful of active supporters on a website literally crawling with folks with their tin foil hats firmly in place (not that’s there’s anything wrong with that LOL) ought to tell you something… if they’re not buying it no one will.

Personally John I think your behavior is a disgrace to humanity (who pissed in your corn flakes?) and I’m surprised this community has put up with you mocking their beliefs for so long…

AD

P.S. No need to reply John, this post wasn’t really meant for you.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fowl Play

I stand corrected then, unusual... Just shows how unclear these images are at times

Fowl Play we appreciate your posts but I am going to have to politely ask you to read the entire thread before you post any more fantasies. Everybody else on this thread follows carefully and rarely reposts thoroughly debunked photos. The Walt Disney secret base photo has been around since Sputnik. The Apollo antenna photo has been around since the V-2 rocket. You understanding will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I have read the entire thread, it is that long forgive me not to remember every post. I dont like your tone very much in this post Lear..
" Fantasies"? that is rich coming from the guy who brought us the Soul Tower and a 66% of Earths atmosphere.. ..
My Posting is within ATS T&C. Your understanding will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Talking about old moon pics.. what about this one..

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Or this Beaut? i always thought this one was interesting... another Fantasy??
Im not covinced, maybe a Fantasy Castle? im not too sure

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Be interesting what people think about the triangle formation at the Ukert crator, has anyone got any better images of this?

Thanks for making my posting pictures, external images.. I very much understand, and am greatly appreciated

Oh well, i suppose they do not clog up the thread that way.. so i will post some more quality images of our friendly neighbourhood satellite

[edit on 20-6-2007 by Fowl Play]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Does anyone know what this anomaly is?
I thought it could possibly back up the Lunar Atmosphere peoples opinions?
Could possibly be a satellite, or a back up aerial Soulcatcher, in case the Tower misses one of us? could be mist coming out of the Giant excavator?
We just dont know..
Heres the pic, im afraid it will be an external image, because in John Lears mind, other persons Curiosities is sheer fantasy, while his own (Soul Tower, UFO's at 9/11, ETC, Atmosphere ..etc, is not a Fantasy, but actually complete fact..
Do not take these things in any other way, we all live inside John Lears head...

admin edit: removed childish insults, last "free" warning for this member, we don't do personal insults on ATS.

[edit on 6-20-2007 by Springer]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Is this a fastwalker making strides across our nearest Satellite? or could it be some meteorite impact site? personally i dont know.. but what a good place to discuss the idea

top topics

<< 174  175  176    178  179  180 >>

join