It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

page: 174
<< 171  172  173    175  176  177 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Here are 2 photos of Endymion. I have oriented both photos to the same view. The top photo is the one from Mike's Imaging in England. The bottom, strangely cropped photo, was posted by AccessDenied. Both are allegedly taken through telescopes on earth. Anybody notice anything strange about the photo that AD posted? Or the photo from Mike? Also, I would appreciate any comments on why you think AD's photo was cropped the way it was. Thanks

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rilence

Which means what, precisely....???

It precisely means Orion found two great anomalies for us to look at.... and that IS what this thread is all about... the search for anomalies on the moon.

Originally posted by Orion437
Title: Oblique view of rim of Guyot crater on lunar farside as seen by Apollo 16

I´ve posted those images because they look interesting.

I'll say!
This is one that I have been looking for (the second one) for some time from an "official" source

Now I see why I was having difficulty

You have this one labeled Guyot Crater... Its actually an old anomaly that has been discussed for several years...

However under the name Lobachevsky Crater!

Do a google image search for Guyot Crater and Lobachevsky Crater

They have the SAME picture!

No THAT makes it an interesting find....

Now I will look at the other one with the HUGE shadow on a bright object

Thanks Orion... great finds

[edit on 18-6-2007 by zorgon]

JbT

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The only thing I see that looks to me odd is this:

In both pictures it seems there is bank of the crater that would seem to be cut straight, rather than to be rounded liked the rest of the crater seems to be.

On the bottom photo this "straight cut bank" is on the very lower right of the crater rim, almost being cut off by the cropping. In fact, in this picture it looks as if there is a almost 90-110 degree corner there with another fairly straight wall on the bottom. Definatly looks odd to me.

John, are you thinking that the cropping cuts off what ever is off/outside the right hand lower corner of the crater in the bottom picture? In the top picture there seems to be some sort of rise if Im orientating the photos right. Which would be cut off by the cropping in the lower picture.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   

An oblique view looking northwest at part of the wall of the crater Lobachevsky on the lunar far side. It shows a small crater on Lobachevsky's wall with unusual streaks of dark material that appear to have originated from the lower rim of the structure and to have moved down toward the floor of Lobachevsky.

NASA Source

AS16-121-19407 image text Oblique view of rim of Guyot crater on lunar farside as seen by Apollo 16

And its also Guyot here
images.jsc.nasa.gov...
www.si.umich.edu...
projetosonda.planetarium.com.br...
www.apolloexplorer.co.uk...

And its also Lobachevsky Crater here
www12.plala.or.jp...
www.astrosurf.com...
www.wollsperger.de...

So which one is it? Even NASA can't get it right as the first two pictures are BOTH NASA OFFICIAL SOURCES

Priceless find Orion

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
Here are 2 photos of Endymion.

There is something else that seems to have been missed...

John, you called me the other day about Plato...

Now the LPOD image that AD linked us to has this link to "a broader view" under Endymion...

May 14, 2006
Plato Near the Limb

However the link was supposed to go to "a broader view" of Endymion...

Now in fact the IMAGE that is on that page is labeled endymion_2006-1.05.02LPOD.jpg

And here it is...

I find the "transit tube"
at the right side very interesting.

I just love it when the opposition provides us with such great material

[edit on 18-6-2007 by zorgon]

JbT

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Here are 2 photos of Endymion. I have oriented both photos to the same view. The top photo is the one from Mike's Imaging in England. The bottom, strangely cropped photo, was posted by AccessDenied. Both are allegedly taken through telescopes on earth. Anybody notice anything strange about the photo that AD posted? Or the photo from Mike? Also, I would appreciate any comments on why you think AD's photo was cropped the way it was. Thanks

The only thing I see that looks to me odd is this:

In both pictures it seems there is bank of the crater that would seem to be cut straight, rather than to be rounded liked the rest of the crater seems to be.

On the bottom photo this "straight cut bank" is on the very lower right of the crater rim, almost being cut off by the cropping. In fact, in this picture it looks as if there is a almost 90-110 degree corner there with another fairly straight wall on the bottom. Definatly looks odd to me.

John, are you thinking that the cropping cuts off what ever is off/outside the right hand lower corner of the crater in the bottom picture? In the top picture there seems to be some sort of rise if Im orientating the photos right. Which would be cut off by the cropping in the lower picture.

Heres some pics as to my reply:

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JbT

Yes the straight edges always caught my eye as well... Its one of the easy to identify features of Endymion

Anyone recall Blofeld's volcano crater in the James Bond film "Live and Let Die"? With the retracting crater floor?

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Something I just picked up from another thread started today...

Here is the thread to discuss this...

Video shows a THIRD person on the moon?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Funny how the guy claiming in comments to have the real tape with video link, it has something black coming into focus at 38 seconds into the movie, right where the 'secret' movie is in closeup.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I never thought a picture of Endymion could make me fall off my chair and roll on the floor laughing. But this one did. Actually AccessDenied's Endymion got me to giggling but this one tipped over the chair.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I made a little video (13mg) of images from this place. Right click the link and save to your desktop

thestargates.com...

How do i get it to show up on the thread, like the google videos do?

[edit on 18-6-2007 by undo]

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Look at the "Crater Floor" in your photo. This crater is obviously illuminated from the lower left side of the photo. The far right crater wall is bright, and the near left side of the crater floor is in the shadow of the near left crater wall.

Now look at what you label "Tower" and "Domes". If you interpret these features as "tower" and "domes", they must be illuminated from the right side of the photo.

=> Congratulations, Zorgon. You have just discovered a second sun in our solar system
!

:shk:

Regards
yf

JbT

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I see what you label "domes". But, I think those are shown in all pics as other small craters.

The area "Structures" is odd, but I think it could just be a mountain after looking at the other pics.

What I see out of place is that this crater seems to be more of a polygon shape rather than the regular circular shape.

I also would like to know what John thinks is being cut off in the one that is cropped. I think that the part you labeled "Tower - Dish" is the area in question for the cropping. If I was to guess, the crop is to hide what is there in that area.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
uploaded it to youtube

or you can download it to desktop and see the bigger version by right clicking this link thestargates.com...

[edit on 18-6-2007 by undo]

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
uploaded it to youtube

Nice video Undo!

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Endymion reference line is to show city

Mike's Picture:

LPOD: Negative, blurred, darkened

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Here are 2 photos of Plato. The top one was taken by Clementine. The lower one was found in an astronomy book and was attributed to "NASA".

Look carefully at each photo. Look at the alleged 'shadows' and 'illuminated' areas. Compare the terrain. Then look at the 'alleged' crater floor of each picture. Notice how the crater floor in the Clementine photo 'merges' with the terrain and rising interior walls.

I get the impression that the crater floor is somehow 'floating' above the terrain as if it was a holograph.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Great work Undo you came thru with flying colors with the Moon video. Alot of hard work by total team players, especially like Zorgon is paying off in the amount of excitement and hits generated on John Lear's Moon pictures thread of Moon anomolies viewed thru out the world. Rik Riley

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Undo,

Your video is a true 'Tour de Force' I am sure that it will be one of the most watched videos of our time.

Great work!

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley
Great work Undo you came thru with flying colors with the Moon video. Alot of hard work by total team players, especially like Zorgon is paying off in the amount of excitement and hits generated on John Lear's Moon pictures thread of Moon anomolies viewed thru out the world. Rik Riley

Thanks Rik. I worked hard on it but it was only my first attempt at making one. I think i flubbed up a few times.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Undo,

Your video is a true 'Tour de Force' I am sure that it will be one of the most watched videos of our time.

Great work!

Thanks, john but I'd have some stiff competition. There's like 10 other John Lear videos on you tube, most of which have over 3000 views. A couple have over 5000 views. And at least 2 of them were up when you went on C2C and debated Richard Hoagland. At least 4 of them are you and Richard talking and have thousands of views. My dinky little first attempt might make the 100 mark (in a year! lol).

new topics

top topics

<< 171  172  173    175  176  177 >>

join