It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush admits to secret CIA prisons

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
^for once delta boy, funny.

What's even funnier, is that the MOSSAD was doing it before jordan started to, but apperantly the jordanian government is better at torturing people, so the americans hired them instead.

I wasn't really suprised when i heard about this years ago, it is after all Jordan.
I hope the jordanian king guts spill in the streets. That piece of dirt.

[edit on 8-9-2006 by Syrian Sister]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
OK. He's admitted to what most of us knew, or at least suspected. There were, and are, foriegn detention centers, or prisons, or whatever your preference is to call them...and that several prisinors, 14 to be precise; are being transfered to Guantanamo Bay in Cuba to face trial at some future date.

To those of you who were ahead of the curve...good on you. Souljah, this means you
. Credit where credit is due. Don't get a big head

Military courts...sounds like Geneva convention usages to me. It's my understanding that Uniform Code of Military Justice usages will take place...a fair trial, whatever judgement is warrented...then freedom or penalty depending on the verdict.

Military courts mean lawyers, judges, press will be present...sounds fair to me.

Personally, I would have given them the same sort of trial they would give me...namely none. So it's probably just as well I'm not running the show.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
give it up seagull,

don't even try to make it seem like you have some thread of a civilized society left.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
give it up seagull,

don't even try to make it seem like you have some thread of a civilized society left.

That's pretty rich, coming from someone who claims Syrian heritage and uses an image of a terrorist/insurgent as an avatar, don't you think? Besides, the definition of what is "civilized" usually varies from society to society.

Everyone knew we had these scumbags, and I don't think anyone thought they were being detained in outer space or something. Its highly unlikely they were being held within a NATO country, and its probable that they weren't even in US custody the whole time.

My personal theory is that they were being detained at sea on US naval vessels, in international waters. But hey, thats just my crazy conspiricy theory, right?

Its really too bad the news of their capture came out at all. I suppose the masses needed some good news and BushCo needed some propaganda to boost their approval ratings. They should have all been beaten, interrogated.....rinse, repeat.....until they were no longer useful and then quietly disposed of. It is the traditional method, after all, and everyone would have been better off this way.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
You know I had a nice angry retort all planned out and actually started to post it...but I realize that it wouldn't change your closed mind.

Your opinion on the nature of civilization is quite skewed. You, and others herein, have said that the terrorists should be treated as captured soldiers...fine, it appears that very thing is going to happen. You should welcome this, it actually gives your brave compatriots a forum to attempt the rationalization of their actions.

They will be accorded at least some of the rights under the Geneva Convention. Tie me down and tickle my toes and I'd say that's a good thing...grudgingly true, but I'd admit it. Will your pals be so forthcoming? Doubtful.

Back to your civilization comment. You say torture is bad...agreed, it is. I think torture is bad, too. Our definitions probably, almost certainly, differ.

You espouse the eviseration of the ruler of Jordan...nice. That would fit nicely into my definition of torture. Having ones guts spilled into the streets of Amman would certainly fit your definition of proper retribution though, wouldn't it? Who's civilized?

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Reading through the old thread (
Souljah), I came across a quotation from the Independent's editorial -

Leading article: President Bush is betraying the founding values of his nation
The bitter taste is left of an administration whose response is to deny first and concede later - only when found out
Published: 17 November 2005
Outlawed weapons and lies about them. Hidden prisons and torture chambers. Human beings in cages. Captives who "disappear". This was Saddam Hussein's Iraq, was it not, and the justification for war? Two and a half years after the invasion, to the eternal shame of the occupiers, it is increasingly the new Iraq as well.

Sounds like regime change in the US is becoming a matter of urgency...

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
It will be Fun to observe the People who Complained and Defended the bushies back in 2005 in my thread, which links provided dear Moderator DontTreadOnMe.

Sooooooooooooo - what now?

Will anything change?

Me not think so...

*snort*
I still like Bush.
Not that I think this is right or wrong even. I wasn't there to decide if it was needed.

These type of prisons have been around way longer than Bush. I wonder how many of them are as old as WWI. How many are new prisons? Until that part is straightened out, I don't really care. How about, how many presidents didn't have these types of secrets?

I've never been particularly for treating prisoners nicely, so this is not shocking/upsetting.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainLazy
How many scandals is it going to take to get this man out of office?!

Scandal? The President made the announcement only hours after the information was declassified.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The only to get this man out is for him to cheat on his wife!!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
It is my understanding that there are many of these "camps" all across America enough to hold a whole f-ing lot of people. This has been reported for years (Alex Jones etc.). There is something very suspicious about saying they exist right now though. They basically said, we have them, we used them, and we will use them again. I don’t know if they did or do, but I know that it is completely legal to hold American citizens forever, with no due process of any kind, ever. And in the same speech to link terrorist with conspiracy theorist? (Criminalizing free speech) This situation in my opinion can only be looked at as the precursor of a MAJOR terrorist attack that will involve the roundup of domestic "terrorist" shortly after. So they can say they told us they were going to be taking amreicans to concentration camps, remember? this Idea of protection from terrorist at any cost probably cant happen unless somthing BIG happens to 'justify' it. but I could be wrong about that.There are, of course, other reasons to admit the existence, I.E. the recent (real or not) success of "alternant questioning techniques" or maby they were jumping in front of imminent exposure from some kind of proof. Or even international community pressure for holding international criminals secretly, in America. or all of the above but this is crazy.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 04:59 AM
link   

That's pretty rich, coming from someone who claims Syrian heritage and uses an image of a terrorist/insurgent as an avatar

Syria is one of the first civilisations ever to exist.

And the hero in my avatar is a resistance fighter, trying to free his land from occupation, not a terrorist who invaded a country for no reason.

Besides, it's not Syria that's claiming to be this high and mighty humane country that's going to civilise the world.

It's bush and america that are claiming this. making them not only barbarians, but hypocrits.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The ME did indeed play host to some of the first peoples to give up a total hunting and gathering lifestyle...Jericho, etc...it's a legacy to be proud of, and to defend...I'll agree to that. It's the methods that your so called resistance fighters are employing...they want to fight Americans? Fine. But in the process they blow up their own countrymen in most horrific fashion. Colloborators, you say, innocent men, women, and children trying as best they can to make lives for themselves, I say. If change is what they, and you, want...use the political process. Use the ballot box, if they get into power, they can kick the nasty Americans, and other nationalities out. If they don't leave, then your point is proven...and I think you'd be surprised at how many of us would be on your side.

I think all that I am saying is this: Using terror tactics will not work...Oh it'll kill alot of people, that's been proven...has it freed the "oppressed Iraqis"? Not so much. It is counter-productive to say the least...it merely hardens hearts and minds on both sides and makes any kind of progress impossible.

Barbarities have been done on both sides, get that through your head...neither side has any great claim to civilized behaviour.

war doth make monsters of us all. It's a truism for a reason...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join