It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Soul is always in conflict with our physicality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Our Soul was created Perfect, to experience God's Glory in Heaven. But our physicality never acts in the perfection that is Our Soul. We are punished for our sinful physicality, but when our sins are erased, only then can we experience God's Glory in Heaven. Pray that your physicality sins less and less; only then, can you approach the Infinitely Great God Almighty Father.

God teaches your Soul which teaches your physicality. Listen to your Soul; even better, listen to GOD!!!

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Our Soul is always in conflict with our physicality

Why?

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Esoteric Teacher, good question. Our purpose in life is to maximize our Love of and Loyalty to God. In God, there is Infinite Love and Infinite Greatness. Conflict develops in our mind when we question God's Love and Greatness. Later on, we always find out that our lack of love or loyalty was do to physicality, not Soul. Our Soul, if we have not discovered it, yet we will, teaches us God's Truth.

When God first spoke to me, I asked Him in my mind: who created You? He answered: I AM!!! The only impossibility might be thought of as being that God cannot create a being more powerful than Himself, but naturally God could!!! God was, is, and will always be!!!

Conflict only develops when there is doubt about the ABSOULTE PERFECTION of GOD!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
Our Soul was created Perfect, to experience God's Glory in Heaven. But our physicality never acts in the perfection that is Our Soul. We are punished for our sinful physicality, but when our sins are erased, only then can we experience God's Glory in Heaven.

The "Dr. Frankenstein" conception of god is a result of Platonic influences in Christianity, and I've never understood the subsequent logic of how those influences panned out in the Christian tradition.

Why would a "perfect creator" produce a human that is a dual entity of a "perfect soul" and "imperfect physicality"? Shouldn't a perfect god imply a perfect creation? Alas, it seems as though the creation is let loose to create itself destruction, death, violence, and evil; hence, the "Dr. Frankenstein"-god: the creator of a creature that wrestles with the dual aspect of good and evil. Why?

I don't believe that the Christian tradition provides a sufficient explaination of the relationship between the supposed perfect creator and the imperfect creation.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   
ArbitraryGuy, do you ever sense that Life on Earth is part of a Hierarchy? In Heaven, it is the same way, although in Heaven "the last will be first, and the first will be last." Matthew 20:16

God can never be exceeded or equaled in Greatness, power, or intelligence!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   

ArbitraryGuy, do you ever sense that Life on Earth is part of a Hierarchy? In Heaven, it is the same way, although in Heaven "the last will be first, and the first will be last." Matthew 20:16

There are lots of hierarchies in life, but I don't see what that has to do with this topic: the dual perfection and imperfection of man.

God can never be exceeded or equaled in Greatness, power, or intelligence!!!

So then why did he create a creation that has gone awry? Why did he create something that is, according to you, both perfect and imperfect? I don't understand that dualism or its purpose.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
ArbitraryGuy, dualism is a supernaturalistic reality. Good vs. evil. Pleasure vs. pain. Christ, the Son of God, suffered immensely on the Cross. God, the Father, also suffers when His children sin. When we sin, we are punished by God for causing Him pain!!!

If we empathize with others, we Glorify God in Heaven; if we are self-seeking, we glorify Satan in Hell!!! Use every part of your soul, soul-heart, soul-mind, and soul-strength to Glorify God in Heaven!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   

God, the Father, also suffers when His children sin. When we sin, we are punished by God for causing Him pain!!!

A self-flagellating god created man so that god could punish man for causing god pain when man doesn't follow god's law? Again, I ask, what's the point of creation then?

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Our first purpose of creation is to Love God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength. Our second purpose is to Love our neighbor. The second purpose and all other purposes are based on and Inspired by the first purpose.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Our first purpose of creation is to Love God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength.

Why did god create us to love him... does he need our love?

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
ArbitraryGuy, deep question. Yes, God needs our Love. Since God is Love, He expects it in return for creating you. When humans do not return Love it leads to trouble and in the worst case, destruction!!! (My life could at least partly prove this; I am still composing "My Story").

He immensely Loves us when we are virtuous and nonsinful. The Love He showed in originally creating us requires a return of Love. Love is a two-way street. God always grants us what we need, never what we want because wants are based on avarice and greed and therefore capital sins. "The Lord is my Shepherd; there is nothing that I lack". Psalm 23:1

God was, is, and will always be. Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning is now and will be forever.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Fair enough, GreatTech. Although I don't fully agree with the logic of your answers, I thank you for your opinion. Faith is faith and logic is logic.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
ArbitraryGuy, if we believe only in logic, our possibilities are limited. If we believe in or have faith, our possibilities are Infinite. God will touch you in Divine Time.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   

ArbitraryGuy, if we believe only in logic, our possibilities are limited. If we believe in or have faith, our possibilities are Infinite. God will touch you in Divine Time.

That's where I disagree. Faith appears to make one's possibilities "infinite" because it causes one to perceive their possibilities as "infinite." One's perceptions of reality do not change reality. Just because I believe in something (as whole-heartedly as possible), does not change reality, only my perception of it.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
ArbitraryGuy, tell me about the hard times in your life. May God help you get through future hard times. We all experience them!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   

ArbitraryGuy, tell me about the hard times in your life. May God help you get through future hard times. We all experience them!!!

Sorry, but I don't quite understand your jump to this point. Referring back to the point I made before this, faith helps people in hard times because it changes their perception of the reality of those hard times. Reality remains unchanged.

new topics

top topics

join