It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear War on August 22?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
It seems the leaders of the world today (and I'm including Bush here as well) feel they have some sort of responsibility to bring on Armageddon and fulfill whatever end-time prophesy their particular religion subscribes to.

www.drudgereport.com
In a WALL STREET JOURNAL op-ed Tuesday, Princeton's Bernard Lewis writes: "There is a radical difference between the Islamic Republic of Iran and other governments with nuclear weapons. This difference is expressed in what can only be described as the apocalyptic worldview of Iran's present rulers."

"In Islam as in Judaism and Christianity, there are certain beliefs concerning the cosmic struggle at the end of time -- Gog and Magog, anti-Christ, Armageddon, and for Shiite Muslims, the long awaited return of the Hidden Imam, ending in the final victory of the forces of good over evil, however these may be defined."

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad "and his followers clearly believe that this time is now, and that the terminal struggle has already begun and is indeed well advanced. It may even have a date, indicated by several references by the Iranian president to giving his final answer to the US about nuclear development by Aug. 22," which this year corresponds "to the 27th day of the month of Rajab of the year 1427. This, by tradition, is the night when many Muslims commemorate the night flight of the prophet Muhammad on the winged horse Buraq, first to 'the farthest mosque,' usually identified with Jerusalem, and then to heaven and back (c.f., Koran XVII.1).

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It's funny how the world seems to be heading down the path to the 'end-times' and our leaders seem almost driven to fulfill religious prophesy. Why do our leaders do and say some of the things they do when it will only incite war and more violence? It seems almost as if there's something behind the scenes pushing them to do what they do.

[edit on 8-8-2006 by mecheng]

[edit on 8/8/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
FWIW, there is an additional thread regarding this subject:
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Look! All these dates are useless! I dont know how many times someone has posted a thread about how the world is going to end on a certain Day. Well its not going to happen, ok. All you people need to stop being so Guiliable.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Here is a direct link to the story. It references an event from the quran
where August 22 of this year somehow relates back to the 1400's.

www.drudgereport.com...

[edit on 8-8-2006 by u4itornot]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Here's a related story...

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has frustrated Western officials by refusing to reply to their offer of various incentives in exchange for Iran’s discarding its nuclear program until August 22. The Western governments had asked Ahmadinejad to reply by June 29; why would Tehran need two extra months?

www.frontpagemag.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
to acquire launch abillity for nukes perchance?

I think they already have them, they knew it would be hard to keep things a secret with US satelites monitoring the area 24/7. I think they leaked their plans at a certain time, to trick the world into thinking they are still attempting to develop the required technology. I reckon they have em. Even if they dont have delivery systems, what about these nuclear suitcases, and all the stuff that went missing from Russia. The russians are also continueing to arm Iran to the teeth.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Possibly. Perhaps they already have full capability to launch...

And now, according to Ghadry, Ahmadinejad is planning an illumination of the night sky over Jerusalem to rival the one that greeted the Prophet of Islam on his journey. What the Iranian President, he says, is “promising the world by August 22 is the light in the sky over the Aqsa Mosque that took place the night before. That is his answer to the package of incentives the international community offered Iran on June 6.”

...to fulfill Islamic prophecy?

[edit on 8-8-2006 by mecheng]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
What has bush ever said that shows he thinks that the second comming is imminent?

which this year corresponds "to the 27th day of the month of Rajab of the year 1427. This, by tradition, is the night when many Muslims commemorate the night flight of the prophet Muhammad on the winged horse Buraq, first to 'the farthest mosque,' usually identified with Jerusalem, and then to heaven and back

Mohammed is not the shi'ite Mahdi, Mohammed is not involved in the end of days, only the Mahdi and Jesus. If he was talking about some date relevant to the Mahdi, the historical personage who was the 12th shia imam, Mahdi Mohammed, who went into occultation, then that would at least be suggestive. But Ahamadinejad merely picked a religious date, not one associated with the 'end days'.
I don't think anyone actually thinks that the Iranians have a nuke arsenal or will have one by the 22nd either.

[edit on 8-8-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
misleading title

are you implying his final answer to nuclear development is going to be hurling bombs around?

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This was news about 5 weeks ago, WSJ and Professor just get a bit more attention I guess.

Reuters , June 30th

The first I read about the lights over Jerusalem was sometime before the Reuters story on Regime Change Iran blog.

Maybe the professor reads that blog too.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I red somewhere that the Mahdi was to return around 2008 americans elections... From the iran president i think, it was around october or november 2005 when he said this.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The poster of this story is making a big assumption, the president of Iran and his regime are the ones that want to bring nuclear war to the world. But where are the statements from the president of the united States that he wants to bring nuclear war to the world? The only other president who has made such a threat was Chirac, who said France will respond with atomic weapons if they are attacked with wmd.

[edit on 8-8-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
These so-called enlightened leaders are scared of death, since it means an end to their hold on power and entering an unknown. Those holy wrappers they put on the great game is what is considered food for sheeple. Sheeple that dine on a staple of paranoia, fear, hate and despair will keep them in the loop and controlled.

If anything the 22nd will mark the start of or threat of an Iranian oil embargo in order to leverage regional power, and that's a far cry from suicide and the apocalypse.

If the truth be known, it's is not up to an elite few to decide who is moral in the world and who is not, so don't eat the sheeple food.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I would think that it would at least be after the August 31 dead line given to Iran to stop the uranium enrichment and possibly mid to late september for catastrophic
escalation to begin.
think I'll cash in my vacation time

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Gottdamnit...I have to bite my tongue when I say this but I have to agree with Muaddib. The same argument could be made for the far right funnymentalists in this country or in Israel as well. Besides the simple fact that Iran does not have nuclear weapons, just that the Bush administration claims that they are trying to get them. I really don't know why this has been evelated to a post. It is pure speculation, not a story.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
...Then it should feel right at home on ATS.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Fox just covered this story today on dayside with a studio audience and made the threat sound very authentic government officials are concerned that the Irainian president will try to pull somethng on this date.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Oh please....something authentic on Faux? This and the 11 missing students....gotta start scaring people leading into the mid-term elections....can't have any Republican losses. Scare the people, obscure the issues, obstruct, obstruct, obstruct... Karl Roves fingerprints could be lifted off both these stories with no problem.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Man O man....another baseless, useless "prophecy" of doom.......anyone can read between the lines and find a "prophecy" in it or any other lame prediction that has come down the pipe since time began.

get a grip !! its not going to happen !! if it does NO ONE will know how, when or why !!

If I had a dime for all the junk "prophecies" that I have read .....then I would be richer than Bill Gates !!

"I predict the Sun will set sometime tonight between 8-9pm" THAT WILL HAPPEN !! All that other crud WILL NOT !!

yawn !

[edit on 9-8-2006 by Alpha Grey]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Why the hell is this in ATSNN?

This isn't exactly news, this is speculation. This should be in predictions and prophecies or something.

And look the main source to this crap is Drudge.. WTH man...

I really do not understand why this is here.... Who voted for this and why???

Anyway so what we are all going to die by a bunch of morons who are in charge, and the rest of us have to sit back and enjoy the ride...

Buckle up its going to be a bumpy ass ride.

[edit on 8/9/2006 by ThichHeaded]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join