It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear War on August 22?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
HaHA LoL!!

Lets hope this is just another prediction that will come & go like the rest. Aug 22 will come & go & then a new thread will start stating "WW3 starts on 13 Sept."

We'll wait 3 weeks, the date will pass and then another thread wil start...etc...etc

Anyway, Im getting tired of getting out my End Is Nigh boards anyway. I think I'll just stay silently paranoid of impending doom from now on.

I started a thread myself stating Mahmoud is the Antichrist like with alot of subjects on ATS, I just HATE not knowing.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Please, I beg you guys not to make the date of "WWIII" Aug 22nd 2007, when next year comes along.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
Someone should start a countdown till Aug 22. I find it rediculous so many people think there were will be war on the 22nd.

Ok, since you asked so nicely, I'm starting one.

Today is August 18th, 2006, and in just 4 short days, people everywhere say the world is going to end.

[initiate sarcasm]
If that's so, you won't be needing that car, that house, that boat, and oh yeah, that huge wad of cash in your pockets. Mind if I use it when you're gone?[halt sarcasm]

TheBorg

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Hmm, since people are taking a sarcastic turn, might just aswell let this thread die off, afterall, what is there to discuss if nobody has ears for it?

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mammoth
Hmm, since people are taking a sarcastic turn, might just aswell let this thread die off, afterall, what is there to discuss if nobody has ears for it?

Sorry that I'm so cynical about this. I've just been around so long, and seen so many of these lame threads come along, that I'm kind of getting tired of all of this stuff. I like to joke about it because it usually throws the people making the false claims off of their train of thought.

I must admit though that this thread, of all of the ones I've seen, has the most logical possibility of them all. I don't believe it at all, but it theoretically COULD happen, but then 48 supermodels could have their bus break down outside of my place later and need to bunk with me for the night too. Doesn't mean that it'll happen. You don't hear me professing it like it's fact. Should it happen though, don't expect to hear from me for several days while I recuperate.

TheBorg

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 04:58 AM
link   
It is a scary thought though, WW3...

Ever put much thought into what would happen to you as an individual? Would there be army conscription for all countries or just the usuals?

Obviously if WW3 is fought with nukes then there wont be much left of the superpowers and maybe countries on the other side of the globe would be the dominant ones like Australia & South Africa etc...?

If that recent terror plot involving those 6 planes flying to the US was successfull, then I bet Bush & Blair would have gone full strength into fighting terrorism again and would have launched a new campaign against countries harboring terrorists.

I wonder if "Aug 22 - Nuclear War with Bush" is penciled in Mahmouds diary? Why plan such a thing and put a definitive date for something that would change the world forever.

Surely if you did wish to wage war you would plan for it but also strike when all the variables are just right...Like D-Day was set for June 6 but because of bad weather they went on June 7th (If I remember correctly)

I would think the same would apply (Obviously not weather in this case)but rather, troop strength, locations, supplies, president locations,etc?

Edit to include last paragraph instead making another post.

[edit on 18-8-2006 by Zenem]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zenem
I wonder if "Aug 22 - Nuclear War with Bush" is penciled in Ahmadinejads diary? Why plan such a thing and put a definitive date for something that would change the world forever.

Here's a few reasons off the top of my head:
1. It's fictional disinfo put out by psyops to fuel the war on terror.
2. It's a bluff put out by Iran, to make us think they have the bomb.
3. It's to take our attention off North Korean, so they can setup for a nuke test.
4. The proverbial anti-christ has made himself known to Ahmadinejad.

N. Korea Appears to Be Preparing for Nuclear Test -MSNBC
Aug. 17, 2006 — There is new evidence that North Korea may be preparing for an underground test of a nuclear bomb, U.S. officials told ABC News.

"It is the view of the intelligence community that a test is a real possibility," said a senior State Department official.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Definitely put out by psyops. Sheeple are such suckers, they'll never know. Now what can pierce the NIMBY skull remains to be seen.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
August 22nd

There could be something in this prediction...can any astronomy buffs give any details of any space activity on/around Mars on the 12th August??

Jeff Wayne: War of the Worlds
"...At midnight on the twelfth of August, a huge mass of luminous gas erupted from Mars
and sped towards Earth. Across two hundred million miles of void, invisibly hurtling
towards us, came the first of the missiles that were to bring so much calamity to Earth.
As I watched, there was another jet of gas. It was another missile, starting on its way.

And that's how it was for the next ten nights. A flare, spurting out from Mars - bright
green, drawing a green mist behind it - a beautiful, but somehow disturbing sight. Ogilvy,
the astronomer, assured me we were in no danger. He was convinced there could be no
living thing on that remote, forbidding planet..."

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Here you go...
news.yahoo.com...

JbT

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I agree with TheBorg.

Ive been around here for about 3-4 years (different name). I cannot recall one of these topics being true, or coming true. Let alone, why is this in the news section?

In fact, I cant recall any 'conspiracys' actually being solved here. Its more of a forum that people who dont know what is going on in the world, come to ask some people who do.

These peoples question start with UFO's, then go to the Crypto section for some questions, then they relise like the rest of the long timers here, that this place is just a forum to ask question, and not get answers directly, its more of a place to get links to the question you want.

Its usually just the so called "conspiracy nuts" that dont take the time to research things that post predictions like this.

Im not saying the OP is a Nub or a Nut, but I too like TheBorg am getting tired of the repetitive posts predicting dates to the end of the world, and then linking to the only site on the internet that has the consiracy balls to post it: www.drudgereport.com...

The Predictions and Prophecys forum on this site is the @$$hole of the internet. Its simply a discrace to see all the unprofessional predictions there like Prophecy is some kind of game to play with, or to amuse yourself with pretending your a Prophet.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JbT
Let alone, why is this in the news section?

This question has been posted a lot on this thread. I'm not going to speak for the mods, but I thought it was news worthy because:
a) The original article was an OP/ED written for the Wall Street Journal. Pretty respectable news paper I think, no?
b) It was written by Bernard Lewis who has been described as “...one of the West's foremost authorities on Islamic history and culture”. So, again, I thought what he has to say about it was news worthy.
c) His warning (I wouldn't go so far as to call it a prediction) was in direct reference to events on the Islamic calendar.
d) Based on previous comments by Ahmadinejad I thought people might be interested in what Lewis had to say.

In fact, I cant recall any 'conspiracys' actually being solved here. Its more of a forum that people who dont know what is going on in the world, come to ask some people who do.

Isn’t that what a lot of forums are for? I mean, I don’t actually expect to come on ATS and ask “Who killed JFK?” and then have the guy on the grassy knoll reply that it was him. BTW, I think a lot of people here probably know more about what’s going on in the world than most people who are spoon fed their info from the mainstream news.

Its usually just the so called "conspiracy nuts" that dont take the time to research things that post predictions like this.

I guess I’ll take that as a compliment. I am nuts about this site. It’s awesome. I’m curious, what more research were you looking for on this particular subject?

Im not saying the OP is a Nub or a Nut, but I too like TheBorg am getting tired of the repetitive posts predicting dates to the end of the world

I don't believe anyone on this thread posted any predictions.

and then linking to the only site on the internet that has the consiracy balls to post it: www.drudgereport.com...

First of all, Drudge (similar to ATS) just posts links to other news sites. Drudge did not come up with this info. It was originally written in the Wall Street Journal. I would have posted the link to the WSJ article originally but it requires a subscription. Sorry. Also, a few posts later, I posted another link (here it is again) www.frontpagemag.com... as a supporting article. Sorry you don't think that's enough research but the great thing about ATS is that you can add your own at any time!

The Predictions and Prophecys forum on this site is the @$$hole of the internet. Its simply a discrace to see all the unprofessional predictions there like Prophecy is some kind of game to play with, or to amuse yourself with pretending your a Prophet.

As opposed to the professional ones? What the hell does that mean? I suppose you call the 1-800-PSYCHIC line at 2:00 am because they're "professionals". What a ridiculous statement. And again, I don't believe anyone here PREDICTED anything.

Oh, and if you don't like it so much, why do you keep coming back?

[edit on 18-8-2006 by mecheng]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I've been trying to put this on my signature, but i cant.

Anyway, here's something to remind us of the end.....

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
As for Bernard Lewis, it looks like the old fart is confusing his own personal death dream and trying to shuffle it off on the rest of us. Misery loves company and perhaps he's senile too.

This sort of quasi-religious scaremongering always finds a receptive audience in the United States, especially among Christians of the jihadist persuasion. At 90 years old, Professor Lewis may have completely lost his marbles, but he is still feted by the White House (vice-president Dick Cheney was guest of honour at his birthday party in April), and the Wall Street Journal describes him as "a sage". He is credited with coining the phrase "clash of civilisations" back in 1990 and now seems intent on making it a reality. source

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Only one more day to go till this topic is ignored forever.

[edit on 21-8-2006 by DJMessiah]

JbT

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Its 4:30am over there. I wonder if Mohammed flys his carpet at night or during the day

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
All prophecies are self-fulfilling. All prophecies can be halted, it depends on the actions and re-actions that a person creates. All time is linear in our thinking, only because we are too brain dead to see beyond the circle (in my opinion). Prophecies always change. The reason people TRY to fulfill these is that they want their respective religious leaders to return to fix all their mess ups, and make thing all better. The reason is, is because mankind hasn't grown out of the teenager phase. They need some higher being or adult figure to tell them what to do.

Of course all this is just my opinion, and I am not trying to make people (including myself) feel stupid, but that is just how I see it.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   
1:23 AM here....Aug 22nd..thought I saw a nuclear flash outside but turns out it was a cars headlights....well back to the end of the world party

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
another aug 22nd thread not closed.
cool.

no one coming over the border yet. no funny mp3 players or anything.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   
just saw this on JihadWatch..

Israelis told to prepare bomb shelters for possible confrontation with Iran

Israel is obviously taking this "threat" seriously. Even if it doesn't happen today 8/22 which personally I don't think it will, it would be a prudent and wise thing for the Israeli population to do.

found some more info on this other than a headline...

Israel must be ready for any Iranian attack -ministerJERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israel should prepare for the possibility of a missile attack from Iran, a cabinet minister said on Tuesday.

"We are liable to face an Iranian missile attack. The Iranians have said very clearly that if they come under attack, their primary target would be Israel," Rafi Eitan, a member of the decision-making inner cabinet, told Israel Radio.

[edit on 8-22-2006 by worldwatcher]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join