It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear War on August 22?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
after what fox news just said about august 22 im scared. people im scared.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by u4itornot
Here is a direct link to the story. It references an event from the quran
where August 22 of this year somehow relates back to the 1400's.

www.drudgereport.com...

[edit on 8-8-2006 by u4itornot]

Just so everyone knows, the Islamic calendar is behind ours by around 600 years (goes by the founding of Islam rather than the birth or Jesus..makes sense) so, to the Muslims, we are in the 1400's now.....

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Alex Jones dismisses this as propganda to get people scared etc. He only thinks evil originates from one-side of the globe.
However, if he is right, if a seriously major terror attack happens in the next few weeks/month, August the 22nd could well be a suitable date and a pretext to a war with Iran (and maybe more)

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Would anyone have the direct quote from Ahmadinejad, citing the "lightening up skies" and his account of the Mahdi? All I've been seeing here and the news are second hand sources of someone claiming he said it.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Good point. I think people (possibly myself included) have been misquoting. I can't confirm (and don't have time to right now) but I don't think it was Ahmadinejad who said that. I think it was speculated that he would 'light the sky' from here...

And now, according to Ghadry, Ahmadinejad is planning an illumination of the night sky over Jerusalem to rival the one that greeted the Prophet of Islam on his journey. What the Iranian President, he says, is “promising the world by August 22 is the light in the sky over the Aqsa Mosque that took place the night before. That is his answer to the package of incentives the international community offered Iran on June 6.”

Certainly a nuclear attack on Jerusalem or even an all-out conventional assault against Israel by Iran would be consistent with Ahmadinejad’s oft-repeated denials of Israel’s right to exist and recent predictions that its demise was at hand. He hinted at the use of nuclear weapons in his phrasing

www.frontpagemag.com...

The article is kind of written where you could believe it was Ahmadinejad who said it when it was Ghadry who is speculating that he would.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
after what fox news just said about august 22 im scared. people im scared.

Do you have a link to what they said?

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
f you don't know Iran has a different calender to west and 22nd of August is simply their end of August! or I should say "Mordad"

And to top it up the day of ascensions of Mohhamad is :
are you ready for it

12th of October

and not 22nd of August. The nut . who has written the article I forget his name has got his facts a lil wrong thats right his name is: Bernard Lewis.

22nd of August is the date that Mohammad became the prophet which is the day that he according to me had some sort of hallucination or according to Muslims saw Gabriel the Arc Agel which bestowed him with his prophecy!

ok so 22nd has nothing to do with night flying, Jeurosalem or travel to heavens! Your trusted "Scholar" has got his dates wrong

It will be fun to come back here on 23rd of August and laugh at all you simple people

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
You would think a 'complicated' person like yourself would provide a link to the Oct. 12th prediction. Even us simple people know to provide links to back up what we're saying.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by zurvan

are you ready for it
12th of October

Lailat al Miraj Wiki

Lailat al Miraj in 2006 is on Tuesday, the 22nd of August. when-is.com

Lailat al Miraj (27 Rajab, 22 August 2006) BBC

August 22, 2006 — Lailat al Miraj religionfacts.com

Preponderance of evidence says your wrong.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   
While I agree that something might happen, I am afraid I have to consider this prediction in the light of other recent predictions here that have materialised into nothing.

Here is a prime example from a week ago.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 06:43 AM
link   
What is the state of Iran's nuclear program anyway?

Have they developed nuclear weapons?

As far as I know the Iranians have been working on their nuclear program for the past 15 years. Could this mean that they have nukes to fire?

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZUFFI
What is the state of Iran's nuclear program anyway?

Have they developed nuclear weapons?

As far as I know the Iranians have been working on their nuclear program for the past 15 years. Could this mean that they have nukes to fire?

You can buy a nuke.

[edit on 15-8-2006 by stanstheman]

[edit on 15-8-2006 by stanstheman]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZUFFI
While I agree that something might happen, I am afraid I have to consider this prediction in the light of other recent predictions here that have materialised into nothing.

Here is a prime example from a week ago.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

True. I feel like this is going to be nothing. For one, he never threatened US, and the quotes of him stating he will "light the night sky" were never direct quotes, only what others claim they heard from him. Second, many religious people always claim to know when Armageddon will start, which conflicts with their religion's literature which always states that only a higher being will know when it will come, and that it will always be "near." There have been hundreds of thousands if not millions of "Armageddon dates" predicted in time, and none have ever occurred. It's a simple fact that religious nuts will always use scare tactics to get more people into their faith, which seems to be prevalent with the current day prediction of the coming of Armageddon.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher

are you ready for it
12th of October

Lailat al Miraj Wiki

Lailat al Miraj in 2006 is on Tuesday, the 22nd of August. when-is.com

Lailat al Miraj (27 Rajab, 22 August 2006) BBC

August 22, 2006 — Lailat al Miraj religionfacts.com

Preponderance of evidence says your wrong.

This is absolutely propesterous!!!

I have an Iranina calender in front of me right now and I tell you 22nd of August is not the night of ascention of Mohammed in Iranian Calendar.

Here is a link from british embassy :

www.britishembassy.gov.uk.../Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1106073733897

and if you look at the date for 22nd you see it says Muhammad receives his calling which is the date he becomes prohpet and completely different to the date of his ascention!!!

Still can't belive it though wiki, what-is and BBC have it wrong!!!!!

Well maybe the poor old Lewis is not at fault, he has just bad data and a wild imagination.

[edit on 16-8-2006 by zurvan]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Is it possible that the shia and sunni have different days for this event? Or that especially persian shia's have a different date?

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   

This is absolutely propesterous!!!

Israeli media says 22nd also:

Our World: As Ahmadinejad watches Jpost
Ahmadinejad, whose proxy army Hizbullah is now waging war against Israel, has promised to respond to European and American demands to cease his country's illicit nuclear programs on August 22. As Robert Spencer, a noted expert on Islam, has explained, August 22 corresponds with the 27th of Rajab on the Muslim calendar. According to Islamic tradition, that is the day after Muhammad made his nighttime journey to Jerusalem and then flew to heaven from the Temple Mount, lighting up the skies over the holy city in his wake.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Says on this Islamic calender that AI-Isra Wal Mi'raaj (the night journey) is on the 21st.
www.al-imam.net...

Says at these Arab sites that Al Isra’a Wal Mir'aaj is on Mon 21 Aug 2006:
www.zu.ac.ae...
www.ead.ae...

[edit on 16-8-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Is it possible that the shia and sunni have different days for this event? Or that especially persian shia's have a different date?

Is it also possible that when the 23rd comes with no nuclear war, that we might be able to possibly get over this worrying about someone's false prophesy? I highly doubt any kind of detonation will happen, but should it, I need to know one thing. Are they giving out radiation suits? What about bunkers?

Ok, that was two questions, but one led to the other.

In all seriousness though, this kind of thinking is getting out of hand. Why sit around and worry about things that we cannot control? Why not focus on those things that we could make better, instead of those things which aren't possible to influence? I just think it's a terrible waste of time and human resources, myself.

TheBorg

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I don't think there will be a war, or a response with nuclear capability for that matter.
With all the discussion, something should happen around that time. Of course, many things happen every day and it might just be a significant reminder to do something destructive.
^]13←ywg

[edit on 17-8-2006 by bothered]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Why "warn"????? If i was nuts and wanted the Apocalypse, i'd just pick a day then go press the red button and catch everyone by surprise. These warnings of pending doom are nothing but BS.

Having said that, this may be the way of the world now...and i'm not in charge of any nation....so....who knows.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Someone should start a countdown till Aug 22. I find it rediculous so many people think there were will be war on the 22nd.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join