It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear War on August 22?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Not to be outdone by Iran, Jong wants in on the apocalypto limelight too.

N Korea slams US-S Korea drills BBC
North Korea has threatened to take pre-emptive action in response to US-South Korean military drills currently taking place in the region.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Meanwhile the Ayatollah says to buzz off:

Iran Will Not Give Up its Nuclear Technology, Says Khamenei aljazeerah
Iran turned away U.N. inspectors from an underground site meant to shelter its uranium enrichment program from attack, diplomats said Monday, while the country's supreme leader insisted Tehran will not give up its nuclear technology.

"Arrogant powers and the U.S. are putting their utmost pressure on Iran while knowing Iran is not pursuing nuclear weapons," Khamenei said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 22-8-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I think it would be most prudent for Iran to not even consider such an action. If she's wise, she'll not fart wrong, for fear that the rest of the world will fall on her like a tidal wave. Ahmadinejad, if he's smart, will not even consider such a heinous act, since he should know by now that a lot of countries would be hurt by that. Not to mention the obvious fact that they would all move down into Iran at one time, and finish wiping out what vestiges of Iran were left after retaliatory nukes were fired.

It's an ugly situation, but I don't believe it's that ugly. I've been wrong before though. Let's hope that this time I'm not.

TheBorg

Edited for P.S.

P.S.:

Reg, NK would be wise to also consider shutting up, since they have China to contend with if and when they fire anything like what they're proposing at or towards the US or China. I just don't see this situation being as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

[edit on 22-8-2006 by TheBorg]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Hey Borg-
I'm gonna be really p.o'd if I have to do a "famous last words" post on the 23rd.
I sure hope you're right.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Time_is_now
Look! All these dates are useless! I dont know how many times someone has posted a thread about how the world is going to end on a certain Day. Well its not going to happen, ok. All you people need to stop being so Guiliable.

Yes, agreed. This is just demagogic. The subject is too much..How about "The world ends on August the 22"?

These are not facts, these are just different sources of news. And you inserted your own presumption in the headline. I thought ATSNN is, as the name says, a "News Network"...Did you ever read in e.g. Google News "Nuclear War today?". Please try to provide professional news with brainy headlines. Thanks

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Well, I'm home safe and sound, so I guess another prediction has come and gone the way of the dodo. Man, i even brought my 1,000,000 SPF sunblock today too...

I think i stopped having one ounce of worry for any so-called prediction after aussie bloke. Man that thread was web of coincidence and perfectly fashioned lies!

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
they make 1,000,000 SPF sunblock?

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Thinking Iran will act rationally on the world stage isn't taking into consideration that the religious fanatics run Iran, not the other way around. Some say that Iran would never hit Isreal with a nuke for fear of also killing their muslim neighbors (Lebanon and Palestine) but this would be false. Under radical islamic views, they would be sending their brothers straight to heaven, thus doing them a great favor. They have a saying over there, "God knows his own." The suicide bombers also believe this, thats why they would run into a restaurant or crowded market ignoring the fact that their brothers or sisters will also be there.

From what I have read, Iran's presidents aim is to bring about the return of the 12th Imam by means of throwing the Earth into complete chaos (I'm guessing by means of nuclear war) Whatever he has to say to appease the west while buying time to aquire the weapons he needs to attain his goals will be justified in the end (according to this view). The question is, will the world sit by and take their word? If we do nothing and they do develop a bomb and strike out, the following chain of events will end the world as we know it. If the west strikes Iran's nuke sites now (right or wrong) then the middle east will be really pissed off at the west and probably chant anti-western sentiments and burn western flags on TV. Wait, don't they do all that already?

Correct me if I'm wrong here.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by super70

From what I have read, Iran's presidents aim is to bring about the return of the 12th Imam by means of throwing the Earth into complete chaos...

Can you show us your sources?

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Well I thought it was common knowledge by now, but here is a news link out today:

NEWS UPDATE

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The reports of him stating he will "bring back the imam" or "light up the night sky" are all accounts of people claiming what he said, and none from his direct quote. Can you show me his direct quote that states these?

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Now I have enough information to answer the question that started this thread.

There was no nuclear war on August 22, 2006.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Well now, I'm glad that I didn't go out and buy all of those hotdogs and marshmellows that I was thinking about getting. Looks like I didn't need them after all. Next time, when a supposed prophet comes out with a supposed prophecy, can we all just take a deep breathe before immediately accepting it, pretty please??

TheBorg

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Are people like Glenn Beck a prophet now?

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
Are people like Glenn Beck a prophet now?

Oh, dearest God in Heaven, I hope not!! [pun intended
]

I think he's just got a funny way of making the news seem as ludicrous as it really is. he has a way of pointing out some truth, while throwing in a bunch of crap that'll make us laugh. A good mix of satire and truth. Never a bad idea to sugar-coat the news, since it's mostly bad nowadays.

TheBorg

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join