It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear War on August 22?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
It has nothing to do with the left or the right, it has everything to do with what Iranian president Ahmadinejad believe will happen through a global thermal nuclear war.

Mr. Ahmadinejad and his followers clearly believe that this time is now, and that the terminal struggle has already begun and is indeed well advanced. It may even have a date, indicated by several references by the Iranian president to giving his final answer to the U.S. about nuclear development by Aug. 22.

What is the significance of Aug. 22? ... This, by tradition, is the night when many Muslims commemorate the night flight of the prophet Muhammad on the winged horse Buraq, first to “the farthest mosque,” usually identified with Jerusalem, and then to heaven and back (c.f., Koran XVII.1). This might well be deemed an appropriate date for the apocalyptic ending of Israel and if necessary of the world.

no one thought that hitler would exterminate million of jews either, they thought he was all talk before he came into power but he did the unthinkable......so should we think that Mr. Ahmadinejad is just blowing smoke???..........Not Me!! ..I think he will try to wipe Israel off the map!!

[edit on 9-8-2006 by the_sentinal]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by u4itornot
Here is a direct link to the story. It references an event from the quran
where August 22 of this year somehow relates back to the 1400's.

It does not relate back to the 1400s.

For the people who use the Islamic calendar, this year is 1427.

Also, if you want to see for yourself what the Koran says in XVII.1, you can see a translation here.

PS: translations are not considered the "real" Koran, but they are accepted.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
As far as I know the only "offical" or authorized translation of the Quran in english is the side by side transliteration by A. Yusaf Ali.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Ok I know this site www.sacred-texts.com... and they are good. I have both the Palmer translation in the scared texts series and A. Yusaf Ali's translation and both are good but Ali's is the best and is considered the authoritive version in english.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I hope the people of the world know that if it happens it isn't some prophecy comming true, but politicians and leaders being so retarded that they did everything to fullfill the prophecies and caused it to happen on purpouse.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Aug. 22 happens to be the date of my 25th b-day. I hope it passes without notice...

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
I hope the people of the world know that if it happens it isn't some prophecy comming true, but politicians and leaders being so retarded that they did everything to fullfill the prophecies and caused it to happen on purpouse.

Right on! That's my point exactly. They almost seem hell bent on making end-time prophecies happen. And I'd like to take it one step further and ask... Why?

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey
"I predict the Sun will set sometime tonight between 8-9pm" THAT WILL HAPPEN !! All that other crud WILL NOT !!
[edit on 9-8-2006 by Alpha Grey]

Actually, according to Environment Canada sunset for Calgary, Alberta will be at 9:10pm tonight. So even your prediction is wrong (for me anyways).

As far as August 22. The only thing that is going to end is my holidays and then it's back to work for me.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I think it is ignorant to not take into account that there have been some strange numerical similarities when it comes down to these large scale terrorist attacks. 9/11, 3/11, 7/7 now possibly 8/22?

This thread is here to examine the possibility, read in between the lines and connect the dots.

Iran is planning speaking the UN security councel about their nuke program. They have been delaying this until this particular date. Don't you notice some unusual coincedences?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by build319
I think it is ignorant to not take into account that there have been some strange numerical similarities when it comes down to these large scale terrorist attacks. 9/11, 3/11, 7/7 now possibly 8/22?

Sorry, but it is also ignorant to think that all people use the month/day date format.

Most countries use day/month.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Sorry, but it is also ignorant to think that all people use the month/day date format.
Most countries use day/month.

Now you are just looking for things to pick on

It doesnt really change anything though but please allow me to rephrase.

11/9, 11/3, 7/7, and possibly 22/8?

I hope that this clears things up

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by build319
Now you are just looking for things to pick on

No, I but I have seen so many people making claims based on the specific order of the numbers that now I always react to anything that looks like it.

But I hope that you know that for all people who use the Islamic calendar those days mean nothing.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
No, I but I have seen so many people making claims based on the specific order of the numbers that now I always react to anything that looks like it.

But I hope that you know that for all people who use the Islamic calendar those days mean nothing.

I'm just pointing out coincedence and nothing more. There are similarities and patterns. Do they mean anything? Probably not. Although this particular date does at least have some significance because Iran will most likely be rejecting the U.N. resolution on that particular day.

Also about the specific date being the 22nd, it is unclear. Since they are using the Islamic Calendar that actual day can be from the 22nd to the 27th of August. I don't really know much more than that but read about that this morning.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
With respect to this thread, patterns of dates aren't really the concern (not that they don't have any possible significance however). What is of concern is that Iran gave the 22nd as the date when they will respond to the US regarding their nuclear ambitions and the significance to picking that particular date. That being that...

This might well be deemed an appropriate date for the apocalyptic ending of Israel and if necessary of the world.

...to fulfill end time prophecy. To me, this is something to seriously consider (and I don't consider it another 'useless prediction').

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Yet another end to the world which our children will not enjoy...I know we all have to die sometime, but what sick mankind we are...Totally sick.
God, the almighty, does not want us to suffer or to die early deaths. It is MAN who is calling the shots here.
What a sick pathetic world. :shk:
And to think that some fanatics think it is meant to be...It is not meant to be so.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   
im sorry but the world will never end it simply just to big thats not say there will be a world war 3 i just hope after ww3 wich are currently in peaple will finally realize war solves nothing you abt fight evil with evil it only makes it stronger

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I am not one for doom dates, but I found something somewhat interesting about this one, and I figured I would post it, see what everyone thought.

I have had a interest in Terrence McKenna's Novelty Theory since I first heard about it, and always found it to be a fascinating way of

looking at time and history, but anyways, a while ago I got a copy of Wavespell, which is a program based upon the same principles that Terrence's time wave zero, and I was playing around with it while here reading this thread and figured I would check the dates in the software.

Here is what I got:

One
Two
Three
Four
Five

This shows, based on these sequences, that there should be a large shift of novelty on Augest 22. While this doesn't mean anything bad would happen to cause this shift based on the theory.

Any thoughts?

[edit on 8/11/2006 by pstiffy]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

some interesting things in there.

Will a nuclear attack be added to that list?

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by pstiffy
I am not one for doom dates, but I found something somewhat interesting about this one, and I figured I would post it, see what everyone thought.

I have had a interest in Terrence McKenna's Novelty Theory since I first heard about it, and always found it to be a fascinating way of

looking at time and history, but anyways, a while ago I got a copy of Wavespell, which is a program based upon the same principles that Terrence's time wave zero, and I was playing around with it while here reading this thread and figured I would check the dates in the software.

Here is what I got:

One
Two
Three
Four
Five

This shows, based on these sequences, that there should be a large shift of novelty on Augest 22. While this doesn't mean anything bad would happen to cause this shift based on the theory.

Any thoughts?

[edit on 8/11/2006 by pstiffy]

interesting.

I do think Nukes will start flying at one point in time, and they will be centred around the middle east. Whether it will destroy the world, I doubt it.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Go listen to what Alex Jones has to say on this latest....unfortunate event.
www.prisonplanet.com.

I tend to believe it this time.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join