It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Start the game: AlltheUFOAnswers.com

page: 155
<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
From everything I've read , and been searching through , the Annunaki are the race created BY the seeders. Not who the seeders are. But the more I search they never mention another name (except sumarian gods) for "the seeders". And , of course , I have tried all the sumarian gods. (At least the ones that start with "S" , per the questions hint)

as I'm out of ideas though I have now tried...(after seeing your last post)

sillinous.html
sillinous1.html

just in case you know!

both to no avail. though

[edit on 13-8-2006 by Ariakan]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
By golly I think I'm on to something. The more I think about it, the more I think the bold S is pointing us to Sitchin's Theory.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.karenlyster.com...

They needed precious metals. Their planet was dying. Their planet's atmosphere was dying, just as our planet's atmosphere is beginning to die. They needed gold and other precious metals to "seed" their planet's atmosphere. Earth had an abundance of gold and other precious metals. The beings from Marduk shuttled to Earth from Marduk, four hundred and fifth thousand years ago, in order to mine our gold and other precious metals! And this is exactly what they did. For one hundred and fifty thousand years, they mined the Earth's gold and other precious metals without the aid of human beings...for there were, as yet, no human beings on Planet Earth.

[edit on 13-8-2006 by Cutwolf]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

In Sumerian mythology, Ninhursag (or Ki) was the earth and mother-goddess she usually appears as the sister of Enlil.

Ninhursag means 'Lady of the Sacred Hills'. She had many other names: Ki 'Earth', Nintur 'Lady Birth', Ninmah 'Lady August', Dingirmah, Aruru, Uriash, and as wife of Enki was usually called Damgalnunna.

In Akkadian she was Belit-ili 'Lady of the gods' and Mama and as wife to Ea, Enki's Akkadian counterpart, she was called Damkina. Her prestige decreased as Ishtar's increased, but her aspect as Damkina mother of Marduk, the supreme god of Babylonia, still held a secure place in the pantheon.

In union with Enki she also bore Ninsar, goddess of the pasture(?).

The Legend of Enki and Ninhursag, whereby which the semen of Enki fertilises the barren stony ground of Ninhursag, to bring forth Lady Greenery (Ninsar), gives an indication of her previous importance.

See also Eve.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Okay so what do we have??

Originally posted by tHenExtquEstIon
What are the Seeders known as?

And a period underneath that, that links to:

Has anyone been confirmed as the prizewinner?

[edit on 8/13/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
Okay so what do we have??

Originally posted by tHenExtquEstIon
What are the Seeders known as?

And a period underneath that, that links to:

Has anyone been confirmed as the prizewinner?

Prize was confirmed by Freenrg.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Freenrg is on a roll. Claimed his 2nd beanbag. Hes like...the superstar allstar of this game and deserves all the prizes, imo.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Ah, okay. Missed that while I skimmed the last few pages here.

So, this is the next question then...

About the Seeders.

Okay, gotcha.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf
By golly I think I'm on to something. The more I think about it, the more I think the bold S is pointing us to Sitchin's Theory.

www.karenlyster.com...

They needed precious metals. Their planet was dying. Their planet's atmosphere was dying, just as our planet's atmosphere is beginning to die. They needed gold and other precious metals to "seed" their planet's atmosphere. Earth had an abundance of gold and other precious metals. The beings from Marduk shuttled to Earth from Marduk, four hundred and fifth thousand years ago, in order to mine our gold and other precious metals! And this is exactly what they did. For one hundred and fifty thousand years, they mined the Earth's gold and other precious metals without the aid of human beings...for there were, as yet, no human beings on Planet Earth.

[edit on 13-8-2006 by Cutwolf]

Someone see if they can do anything with this. I'm going to bed.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
www.crystalinks.com...

Theories

Sitchin has recently put forth his own date for the next passage of Nibiru in the year 2085, but the date most talked about is 2012 which marks the end of the Maya calendar.

Nibiru (the planet associated with Marduk in Babylonian cosmology) is a central element of Sitchin's theory. He claims it was a tenth planet (twelfth to those who included the Sun and Moon) which followed a long, elliptical orbit, reaching the inner solar system every 3600 years.

According to his theories of Sumerian cosmology, Nibiru was the twelfth member in the solar system family of planets (which includes 10 planets, the Sun, and the Moon). Its catastrophic collision with Tiamat, a planet that was between Mars and Jupiter, would have formed the planet Earth and the asteroid belt and comets.

It was the home of a technologically advanced human-like alien race Anunnaki of Sumerian myth, who, Sitchin claims, survived and later came to Earth. According to Sitchin, they subsequently genetically engineered our species, originally as slave animals to work in their gold mines, by crossing their genes with those of Homo erectus.

Sitchin says some sources speak about the same planet, possibly being a brown dwarf star and still in a highly elliptic orbit around the Sun, with a perihelion passage some 3,600 years ago and assumed orbital period of about 3,600 to 3,760 years or 3,741 years.

However, scientists argue that a planet with such an orbit would eventually either develop a circular orbit or fly off into space and overwhelmingly consider Sitchin's claims to be pseudoscience. Sitchin attributes these figures to astronomers of the Maya civilization.

However, a brown dwarf with a period of 3,760 years would be clearly evident through infrared and gravitational observations.In a recently published book, titled 2012: Appointment With Marduk, Turkish writer/researcher Burak Eldem presents a new theory, suggesting a 3,661 years orbital period for the planet and claiming a "return date" in the year 2012 AD.

According to Eldem's theory, 3,661 is one-seventh of 25,627, which is the total time span of "5 World Ages" according to Mayan Long Count Calendar system. The last orbital passage of Marduk, he adds, was in 1649 BC and caused great catastrophes on earth, including the Thera eruption.

#2---
Tiamat Planet Theory

Tiamat, as outlined in the Enûma Elish, is a goddess. According to Sitchin, however, she may have been what we now know as Earth, when one of Marduk's (Nibiru) moons struck Tiamat and broke her into two separate pieces, on a second pass Marduk himself struck the broken pieces and one half of Tiamat was crumbled and became what we now know as the asteroid belt. The second half being struck again by one of Marduk's moons was pushed into a new orbit and created what we now know as Earth. Although most scientists argue that the scenario is improbable, Sitchin's supporters argue that it would explain how the Earth's continents were divided and would also explain why the Earth is layered in sediments.

#3---
Annunaki

Sitchin claims that artifacts and documents from the great library of Ashurbanipal at Nineveh and other sources, show technology and advanced scientific knowledge out of place for their time period. This he claims as proof for the following theory.

According to Sitchin in his book The 12th Planet, the Annunaki were extraterrestrials related to the Biblical Nephilim. He claims that they first arrived on Earth probably 450,000 years ago, looking for minerals, especially gold, which they found and mined in Africa. According to Sitchin, the "gods" of the Anunnaki were the rank and file workers of the colonial expedition to earth from the 12th planet, also known later, through the Babylonians, as Marduk.

Sitchin claims that ancient records report that a human civilization in Sumer of Mesopotamia was set up under the tutelage of these "gods" and human kings were inaugurated as go-betweens, foremen of the human populations answering to the Annunaki. The Nephilim "gods" were the commanders of the operation. The Anunnaki performed the menial labor, mining ores and building bases, while the Nephilim issued the orders setting these tasks into motion. It was only due to an uprising by the Anunnaki against the Nephilim in protest of these conditions that the Anunnaki 'workers' revolted against their overseers. Because of this the Nephilim and Anunnaki came together in a project to blend the DNA of Homo erectus with that of their own, thus giving rise to the Homo sapiens. He proposes that fallout from the nuclear weapons used during this struggle was the "evil wind" that destroyed Ur c. 2000 BCE, as recorded in the Lament for Ur.

Sitchin's claims are strongly disputed by archeologists and astronomers. Nevertheless, they have proven popular reading if only as science fiction, and they are a novel way of handling the enduring legacy of Mesopotamian mythology and astrology. His series of books has led directly to other works of popular fiction, such as the successful Stargate movies and TV films that have adapted his fanciful (and perhaps fun) theory that the Mesopotamian gods were in fact strange, resource hungry mortals. If not credible to mainstream scholars, his theory is at least an intriguing interpretation of the related phenomena of religious belief in the divine.

Academic opposition to Sitchin's theories focuses on various fundamental questions that are not answered in his research. First, if planet Nibiru's orbit takes 3,600 years, then its aphelion would be further away than Pluto. At such a distance from the Sun, temperatures are so low that water would exist as ice, life as we know it would be impossible. If a form of life can exist in such conditions, then it would not be water-based and could conceivably perish at Earth's much warmer temperatures. Sitchin counters that Nibiru has an internally generated heat source.

Secondly, if alien visitors to Earth created humans, then evidence for this would have been found by now within our DNA. Since DNA sequencing is now cheap and easy, the conspiracy theory idea that our true DNA sequences have been suppressed would seem to be discounted, the idea being that since almost anyone can sequence our genes, if there was any extraterrestrial DNA to be found it would have been by now.

Additionally, humans and chimpanzees share up to 99% of their DNA and the remaining 1% is posited by to some to be of bacterial origin. Thus, present-day genetics fails to produce evidence that supports Sitchin's theories and more readily supports the idea that humans evolved through a series of DNA mutations from a precursor ape-like species.

Sitchin counters that the 223 genes "do not have the required predecessors on the genomic evolutionary tree". Citing the journals "Nature" and "Science", Sitchin holds that there is not a strongly preferred bacterial source for the putative horizontally transferred genes. Thus, these genes are of unknown origin.

faculty.gvsu.edu...

[edit on 13-8-2006 by ragster]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
just for kicks, tried the single post number from the above quoted post by tHenExtquEstIon:

1971276.html

that single post number, could it also refer to a date??

1971-27-6 or June 27, 1971???

just a random thought.

edit= clarity and a typo. oops

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Tried nibiruans.html and thenibiruans.html

No go.

Night and good luck. See ya in about 9 hours.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
www.ianlawton.com...

Enki and Ninmah (Ninhursag): The Birth of Man 3

There is little doubt that this text originally comprised two separate stories: The first deals with how Enki and his mother Namma create mankind as a slave after the gods had rebelled against their heavy workload, this process involving a mysterious 'clay'. The second describes how Enki and Ninhursag test each other by performing experiments in which deformed or disabled humans are created, for whom the other must find work. The combination of the two texts leads to a number of inconsistencies: First, the juxtaposition of Namma and Ninhursag in the role of 'birth goddess' between the two parts, although Ninhursag does assist in the first part and there is no doubt that it is she who is most often credited with this role. Second, the party at which Enki and Ninhursag test each other 'having drunk beer' is presented in the combined text as a celebration of the initial creation of man; however various references to the disabled creations being put to work in the courts of existing, presumably mortal, kings and queens would tend to indicate that man must already have been very much in existence. These inconsistencies are a regular feature of Sumerian poetry in which the integration of originally separate texts often appears somewhat careless.

Orthodox opinion suggests that this text can be interpreted as a polemic on two fronts: First, since the being created by Enki to test Ninhursag is revealed to be deformed only because it was not created by a full union between male and female and was somehow 'aborted', it can be seen as a study of the importance of both man and woman in the reproduction process. Second, it can be interpreted as championing the rights of the disabled - indeed an early form of political correctness. However neither of these explanations strike me as particularly compelling as an overall explanation for the creation themes included not only in this text but also in the Akkadian texts Atra-Hasis, Epic of Creation and Epic of Gilgamesh. It seems highly likely that a more esoteric interpretation is appropriate.

Enki and Ninki/Ninhursag (A Sumerian Paradise Myth) 4

This tale is once again clearly made up of two parts which have been merged by the scribes, with similarly minimal effort at continuity. The entire piece in its present form was undoubtedly written to entertain visitors from the trading centre of Dilmun (identified usually, and definitely here, with Bahrein). The first part especially records how the island was provided with its fresh waters by Enki at the request of his consort Ninsikila (Ninki), who is presented here as both his spouse and his daughter - although as we have seen this is not rare for a Sumerian deity. This allowed it to become a rich and verdant land, with a fine harbour to support its excellent trading connections.

The second part abruptly takes us back to the marsh land of lower Mesopotamia, and begins with Enki attempting to copulate with, this time, Nintu (Ninhursag) - which she only allows him to do once he accepts her as his spouse. There then follows a series of conquests in which Enki ravishes four successive generations of daughters sired by him, and it must be said that his 'I must have that' behaviour is reminiscent of a child in a sweetshop - which, if we accept that the Sumerians did not find incest distasteful, has the comic effect desired by the author. When he takes the final daughter, Uttu, with some force, her cries are heard by Ninhursag to whom, already tired of her husband’s philandering, this is the last straw. She removes Enki’s seed from Uttu’s body, plants it, and eight new plants grow up. Enki, once more the curious child who must try everything, eats the new plants and falls dangerously ill, at which point Ninhursag curses him and vows to never set eyes on him again. A fox comes to help him, and is dispatched to fetch Ninhursag, who accepts his pleas and has the curse removed by the Anunnaki in Nippur. She hurries on to Enki, and after she places him in her vulva, cures each of the eight parts of his body which are troubling him by giving birth to a deity from it.

The multitude of confusion of deities and their identities in this text is typical of the problems, already discussed, engendered by the tendency of the gods to have multiple liaisons, especially with members of their own family across generations, and of the scribes to alter their roles and names over the centuries - even to the extent of adjusting syllables to make plays on words.

The only real link in these two stories is that Enki is the main character in both, and even then Jacobsen argues that he may not have been the original subject of the first part. Nevertheless in his much earlier work Kramer5 takes the analysis further and links the combined text to the biblical 'Garden of Eden' story, on three counts: First, he emphasises the description in the first part of the 'paradise' created by Enki in Dilmun. Second, he likens Enki’s eating of the new plants to Adam and Eve’s eating of the forbidden fruit of the tree of knowledge. Third, he suggests that the name of seventh deity engendered by Ninhursag, in this case from Enki’s rib and called Ninti, can be translated both as 'lady of the rib' and as 'lady who makes live' - and argues that this is the source of the curiosity of Eve being created from Adam’s rib.

On the other hand I would suggest that the highlighting of eight different parts of Enki's body which need curing has parallels with the Egyptian myth of Osiris being dismembered by Seth and then reintegrated by Isis. Again an esoteric explanation may well be the most appropriate for elements of this text.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ariakan
From everything I've read , and been searching through , the Annunaki are the race created BY the seeders. Not who the seeders are. But the more I search they never mention another name (except sumarian gods) for "the seeders". And , of course , I have tried all the sumarian gods. (At least the ones that start with "S" , per the questions hint)

as I'm out of ideas though I have now tried...(after seeing your last post)

sillinous.html
sillinous1.html

just in case you know!

both to no avail. though

This is what I could find regarding that from wikipedia:-

en.wikipedia.org...

According to later Babylonian myth, the Anunaki were the children of Anu and Ki, brother and sister Gods, themselves the children of Anshar and Kishar (Skypivot and Earthpivot, the Celestial poles). Anshar and Kishar were the children of Lahm and Lahmu (=the muddy ones), names given to the gatekeepers of the Abzu temple at Eridu, the site at which the Creation was thought to have occurred.

I'm even more confused now

[edit on 14-8-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I noticed that the tHenExtquEstIon account is said to have been created in 1969, theres no points box, no avitar etc...
This is the thread page with the post containing the current question "what are the seeders know as?" www.abovetopsecret.com...

So next time you see an account like that, it might be tied to a clue! But I think most of you knew that already.

Also, the qustion asks of WHAT the seeders are know as, not WHO, so it should not be a name.

[edit on 14-8-2006 by GlassRunner]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   
hey hey hey

its me

so now I will be leaving to bed, this week, well will not be as crazy well, this weekend has been like, my life in my eyes are alive but falling, I have been kept awake by trace and dance music for an hour, when i listen to i go crazy hahaha

so anyways
yes

well

rememeber- the life of many were always with us, from the seeders of the old to ones of the new, never forget to reap what you sow, and never know what it might bring but know the seeders will never win.

peace to you all, good luck and good night wooo hoooooo sleeeeep!!!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Here is a good place to look, it's packed with info and names (maybe a bit too much). If it's not here then we're probably on the wrong path. Here it is - Book Of The Ancients I'm guessing they begin with "s"? GlassRunner, You have a good point about the "what" rather than "who" I'll take that into account
It could be a phrase like "Sons of God" perhaps.

[edit on 14-8-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
hey guys wasnt on much today, I see you are still on the smae question though...

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 02:27 AM
link   
wake up guys, not much since in postin if no one is on...
well i have tried a few answers, but i guess i am the only one trying lol..

[edit on 8/14/2006 by l0rds0fcha0s]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I've been reading through a few of the links provided earlier and throwing in all sorts of answers. Nothing stuck.

Maybe we really are misunderstanding the question.

new topics

top topics

<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join