It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People say they know me..but dont

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Hi,

I wasnt sure what thread to put this under but I have a question and I would love to know if this happens to anyone else.

People often tell me they know me or have met me somewhere. Even when I was in a country on the other side of the world, it happend there too.

It happens like once or twice a week and not in the same areas. Like for example I walked into a gunshop around the corner to check out some things and the guy at the counter (I had never been in there or seen him before) said to me straight, "your paintball gun will arrive on Wednesday, come pick it up then."

I was like gee thanks but er...what? Then he realised I wasnt the person he thought.
Then a builder walked into my shop to ask something and he kept shaking his head,pointing & smiling. Then he said I am not unfamiliar to him & that he knows me from somewhere but he doesnt know where.

But these are like to humble examples, I cant tell stress enough how much this happens. Like receptionists have told me that walking into their building and once a guy who tried to sell me weed on a train and so on & so on...

Has this happened to anyone too? - I dont look strange or anything, pretty normal & average if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zenem
"your paintball gun will arrive on Wednesday, come pick it up then."

Sure, it does. It belongs to you, the guy was right. But it will not be a Wednesday, I'll check the calendar. I will post you, if you are ready to have it.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Errr....gee thanks but What?

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Yeah, this happens to me but I haven't thought anything of it, just that I have a look about me that seems to be a common design.

I don't get it as much as I used to but there was a time where I would have quite a conversation with several people at once convinced I was someone else. It used to happen in pubs and clubs when I was in that scene, it would be the usual hello's, then I would tell them I'm someone else, then the usual do you have a brother or a twin type questions, do you know this guy blah blah etc etc Luckily, this has never landed me in hot water, i.e. one of my doppelgangers was never an a**hole, I always waited for the time I would be accosted for someone else's actions or I was put on a trial for a crime committed by someone else, that's what always prayed on me.

The store thing you mentioned last happened to me 2 months ago, I walked into a store I'd never been to before, actually, it was in a city I'd never been to before. The guy behind the counter pointed at me and said ahh then proceeded to pull out a box from under the counter, hand it to me and ask for payment. Naturally, I told him that someone else must have ordered the item and it took some time before he beleived me, he thought I was messing with him, he was so convinced I was someone else. Production of a drivers licence or passport has, at time, been the only thing that would convince them, then they'd walk off looking confused.

Paranormal activity as a means of explaining this? Not for me, humans are less than perfect and it is easy to make a mistake. I guess, depending on what you look like, there are others that look similar. I have photos of my father and at certain times, we look almost identical. I have also met people that look like me. Not exactly the same but very very similar.

So yeah, happens a lot.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zenem
Errr....gee thanks but What?

Your property, I guess. I have also ordered things through the Internet, exactly I am up to recieve a letter from my little sister next week, someone told me that. What's unusual about it? You'll get what you want.

Prote...

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
people say they dont know me...but they do.

One liner...oops, not one line anymore (silly silly rules)

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
you know, its funny that i should read this thread. early today at work, a co-worker was talking about how she will go places ( like different states and such) and she will run into people that come up and give her hugs and tell her they miss her. she said one time a guy came up to her in arizona ( we live in california) and said , you know that you know me, you just dont know where from. he started telling her about dreams that she's had, and said that they knew eachother in a past life. ( now usually this girl is completely full of sh**. but i dont know?, she is always talking about how she has powers, and she talks to ghost and stuff). i am the type of person that can sense when people can do those types of things. ( i cant talk to ghosts, but i do have some kind of extra senses that i cant always explain) and the only feeling i get from her is she is a LIAR< and wants attention. maybe shes not???? but more than likely she probably is. anyway. cool thread

im out
-mindtrip02

[edit on 1-8-2006 by mindtrip02]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen
people say they dont know me...but they do.

One liner...oops, not one line anymore (silly silly rules)

LOL!!

Originally posted by Prote
Yeah, this happens to me but I haven't thought anything of it, just that I have a look about me that seems to be a common design.

In my travels overseas I did quite often see people that looked exactly like friends of mine, clones almost.

Maybe its just a combination of similar looking people & coincidence? Its just the reactions I get from peoples faces that makes me wonder.

Like I said I get this often and the people always say they know me but not where from so its not like I look like a close friend of theirs and they could show me a picture or something...Just another one of lifes mysteries

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Actually, I get that alot. I don't know why that is, I also get people who say they feel like they have known me before. It is actually common for me.

Is it paranormal ? Yeah, I think it is, but thats just what I think.

new topics

top topics

join