It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Human Shield.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Hez kidnapped a couple Israeli soldiers.
They knew this would set Israel off. They knew that Israel doesn't really have a track record of non-military diplomacy. That is to say, they knew that there would be repurcussions for their actions.

Then they head into the civilian population.
They did this because they were willing to cash in the safety of innocent people if it meant increasing their chance of survival.

It is the calculated endangerment of innocent people in an attempt to dodge responsibility.

That spells cowardice to me.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Hezbollah deliberately targets Israeli civilians with suicide bombers aiming for maximum kill rate on a regular basis.

They do? Not recently.
They did originate the modern use of the suicide bombing (Beruit 1983), but I can't remember the last time I heard of Hezbollah suicide bombing Israeli civilians.

They have been launching rockets on a regular basis.
However not in anything like the large scale barrages that began when Israel started bombing Lebanon.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Here, i read something about israeli soldiers strapping a 13-year old boy on their jeep so Palistinian protestors would stop throwing stones. (source: BBCnews)

Then i read this article by Jonathan Cook - who actually lives in nazareth - about Israelis strategically building military factories and storage depots next to Arab communities in the north of Israel, hoping arab regimes will be deterred from attacking. How to turn a village into a collective human shield. (source: counterpunch and others)

And in this BBCnews article i read that last week, israeli forces have also been accused by an Israeli human rights group of using human shield tactics in Gaza.....

pot?
kettle?
black, anyone?

I have to add that i follow intrepids logic, Hez is forced to use guerillatactics against the mighty israeli military. That doen't mean that i approve of these tactics - on whatever side - in whatever way
even if that makes me a treehugger

Just yesterday i saw a Hez politician - sitting comfortably at his desk - saying that civilian casualties are just a big part of this, and that it definetely wouldn"t stop them. And the civilians on the other hand are getting more and more hez-minded, even the majority that didn't give a ** about politics, let alone extremism....

not sure where this conflict is heading, but it doesn't appear to be anywhere near the right way. Only more hate & extremism will rise from this mess (even on these boards, some guys could really use a chill pill here, djesus

mr Jones

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essedarius
Hez kidnapped a couple Israeli soldiers.
They knew this would set Israel off.

Thats BS, because they BOTH do it all the time. Even with dead, yes DEAD bodies.
They are doing it right now as a matter of fact. On MSNBC 360 today they said Israelis were taking 3 Hezballah officers to use as future bargaining chips. Its just BS and this was n excuse to come in and take more of what isn't theres through brute force and terror. They went to Italy to take Mordechai Venuunu and they have gone into Lebanon and Palestine and other places to kidnap whomever they deem to be criminals. To do so without extradition is improper and is in itself an illegal act. Do a google and see how many criminals feld from the USA directly to Israel for all sorts of crimes and we practically had to beg to extradite and in some cases without any success.

You can just admit it. They believe they are above anyones law unless its Israeli law.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
They went to Italy to take Mordechai Venuunu and they have gone into Lebanon and Palestine and other places to kidnap whomever they deem to be criminals. To do so without extradition is improper and is in itself an illegal act.

This happened twenty years ago. Vanunu was blabbing details of Israel's nuclear program to London newspapers; he's lucky he didn't get double-tapped instead of being "kidnapped". He's nothing more than a despicable traitor.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by bombers8

he's lucky he didn't get double-tapped instead of being "kidnapped". He's nothing more than a despicable traitor.

Traitor to Israel but he's heroic to the world. Their program was illegal and illegitimate. He also exposed Israels disrespect to the US by revealing that a false wall was put in place to hide areas that were suspect in order to fool US inspectors. It doesn't matter how many years ago it was. A Leopard doesn't change its spots.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   

A Leopard doesn't change its spots.

That's a pretty negative attitude. By that same logic, we can say that Hezbollah will never be anything more than a bunch of murdering terrorists.

And it's also an incorrect statement. People change, and nations change. All it takes is the right catalyst.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   

You can just admit it. They believe they are above anyones law unless its Israeli law.

Of course I'll admit it...why wouldn't I?
Now you need to admit that NO country with significant military power gives a rip about the laws of another country.

But this is all beside the point of this thread.

This was the question put forward by Intrepid at the start of this thread:

Why does Hez fight in this manner? Because they are cowards, as some put forth here? Unlikely if you look at things logically...

I'm not saying Israel is right.
I'm not even saying that kidnapping and hiding behind children are not effective ways to face a superior fighting force.
What I'm saying that it is cowardly.

Again: it's forcing others to bear the responsibility for your actions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join