It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jewish groups call for hate-crime probe on Mel Gibson

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
I wonder if there is a Global anti-african or global anti-polish, global anti-american-indian or global anti-arab

Sadly there not God's chosen people there for dont deserve equal treatment in the eyes of the Jewish poeple

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by schallb
Let's get off the crap and concentrat on the facts. Mel isn't the leader of the USA . The Pres is the drug addicted, child gay guy we all should be concentrating on. Please people, lets get real here. Enough of the side tracks........

REPLY: YOU are the "side track" and, of course, you have no facts to back up your rediculous rant. Of course, since you were more accurate if speaking of the previous Pres., I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Thermopolis

Why do you deem him a "hateful sob"? How has he been exposed? He shares an opinion that Roman Catholics have had fo over 1000 years.

Anyone who rants about 'the Joooooos!' is a hateful SOB - a racist.

If Mr. Road Warrior had a problem with a Jew, or some Jews, he could have expressed that without catching any flak from me. The fact that this schmuck has a problem with all Jews, well..that's why I have a problem with him - that's why society ought to have a problem with him. These people are lead weights, dragging us back into the dark ages.

Anyone who isn't willing to take individuals on their merits, and prefers to adhere to centuries-old stereotypes built upon a foundation of libelous and spiteful fiction, is a detriment to society and should be humiliated and ashamed.

Tribal sensibilities, rooted in superstition and stupidity, have no redeeming value as far as I'm concerned.

[edit on 1-8-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Mel did nothing wrong in stating all wars are started by jews, the problem with most boards are the thought police that think free speech is their private domain. Why have a board if not for free expression of human thought. If a jew is intitled to their opinion then we as christians or just people are entitled to our own.
Jews are a very strange race of people they seem very much like you or I but it seems their thoughts must be above all others and thats not right as they should just be equal to all others. Special classes of people is a wrong move in a world that is getting smaller and more dangerous.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by drogo
you know with all this talk about how his remarks may cancil his miniseries, i actualy wonder if just perhapse he had recieved news prior or dureing his drinking that the series was canceled. that could actualy explain why he made such comments about jews. this is something that i often see with friends getting drunk.they tend to focas on the one bad thing that happened and while drunk anything else that happens is automaticaly blaimed on that one thing.

what i realy would love to know is how this altercation between mell and cops got out. shouldn't it be a private thinng between cops/mel. no one else except a judge/jurry should have any information about it. at the most the stories should have only mentioned that he got nailed for dwi again. nothing else. it's past time that celebraties got some privacy and treated like joe average. just more sensationalisim from the press to sell their product.

I'm starting to agree with you ask well as some others in this thread that this is what happened. If that is the case then the outrage by the Jewish community is just to please the ADL and for show.

I also agree with you on the police report which should not be public record and I have no idea why this is.

Let me ask you this or anybody else: if you were arrested for DUI would you want the police to broadcast it all over your town or city?

I think not and I think it is illegal to do so.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Mel Gibson is a well educated man and very artistic in the films he produces. Though his upbringing is almost hard core christian...I am not sure but I think he is a catholic.

If you are going strictly by the bible then yes there are passages that could be considered hateful to jews. I dont remember the exact passage but there are at least two (including the one with pilate) that blame the jews for the death of christ.

Those of us who sees the deeper meaning realise that it didnt matter if the Jews wanted him dead or not. God had ordained he was to die for the sins of mankind. It was his destiny. Nothing could change it.

but of course this is purely faith and we all know how ludicrous that is

Mel Gibson's father evidently felt that the Jews were responsible for his death. This of course is meaningless.

Jesus was to die for the sins of mankind. He was the sacrifical lamb (see Lamb of God) and his blood was to cleanse Man's sins for all time.

"Forgive them father, for they know not what they do"

I dont think Mel Gibson is a bigot. Just a man who needs to see the deeper purpose of Christ's Mission on earth.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 05:02 AM
link   
HEY! is that MY Mr Mel Aussie Oi Oi Gibson everyone is flaming???

well, I think anyone who isnt even anyone would be put in the anti semitic box if they had anything at all to say that criticizes Isael. But then again, Mel was only too pleased to educate the masses on the cruxifiction, eh?

either way, he is drop dead sexy and he rocks in my book.

oh and aside from the shwing factor, what happened to getting drunk and mouthing off? Arent we allowed to do that anymore?

This just shows to everyone that you cant speak your mind whether your sober or intoxicated... best just to drink at home and not open your mouth!

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Is everyone here not seeing the bigger problem? The man was over the limit and driving. This is FAR worse a crime than anything said against a group of people whether they are jewish or not. Drunk dirving is a horrendous crime and causes REAL pain and suffering for thousands of people. Mels tirade, while potentially offensive to some, really has no leg to stand on when compared to what could have happened had the police not pulled him over.

The JDL can kiss my rosy red hiney for not seeing this as the problem that it is, drunk driving. At the end of the day who really gives a damn if jewish people are offended....I'm more offended at having some drunken idiot on my road, kudos to the cops.

brill

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
All Mel did was get his facts wrong - clearlly all wars are not started by Jews. He was not wrong to say what he did, slightly offensive maybe, but I believe opinions still belong to a the person who holds them and he can do what he/she wants with them. If he had turned to the cop and said, "look mate", "how about me and you start a group up to systematically slate the Jewish religion and nation and possibly even knock a few of them off" then I can could understand him getting a grilling in the press. The current situation is laughably poor.

If minority groups want to be part of general society and be treated the same as everyone else then behave like everyone else. Stop screaming everytime someone forgets to pat you on the back for being different.

How about a thread on something more important than this topic? Perhaps 'The average speed of clouds in the sky'

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   

He was drunk

this statement has been used over more centuries to excuse the actions of multitudes.
It is pure 9944/100 % Bovine feces. the person drinking must be held responsible
for ALL their actions, no matter who or what they are.

Why do you deem him a "hateful sob"? How has he been exposed? He shares an opinion that Roman Catholics have had fo over 1000 years.

YES, Exactly. And your point would be?

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
I am not sure but I think he is a catholic.

He is Saint Pius X Society.

Depending on your point of view they are either the only REAL Roman Catholics
left on the planet or they are a breakaway from Rome group that is
excommunicated and that isn't really Roman Catholic at all.

They do not recognize the Novus Ordo Mass - the one that almost all Catholics
use since Vatican II. They do not recognize Vatican II as having authority to
change the Mass (and they are right about that). They use the Pius V Mass.
That is all Latin and hasn't changed since the Papal Bull hundreds of years ago
saying that the Mass could NEVER be changed.

Many say that Rome has excommunicated the group. Saint Pius X Society says
they are NOT excommunicated and that Rome wouldn't have the authority to do
so anyways. We have not been able to find definitive documentation declaring
them excommunicated and we have not been able to find definitive documentaiton
showing why they could be. That doesn't mean it isn't out there; it could be and
it may be that we just haven't found it yet. Although if it existed it shouldn't be
this hard to dig up.

Many say that their priestly ordinations and their sacraments are invalid. However
I did find information that Cardinal Ratzinger (now Pope Benedict 16) declared the
sacraments of the St. Pius X Society in Hawaii as valid.

My husband and I attend St. Pius X Masses on occassion. After looking into the
situation we believe the Masses to be valid and the sacraments to be valid.
However they are too 'over the top' in their beliefs and practices for us to change
over from the Novus Ordo Churches to St. Pius X ... We are stuck in a between
world - we are 1/2 Novus Ordo and 1/2 St. Pius X ... how confusing!!

Too 'over the top' for us ... Women MUST wear dresses and veils during mass;
probably only Roman Catholics (St. Pius X Catholics) are saved; and so on.

[edit on 8/2/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
They are absolutely gonna blacklist him in Hollywood.

THAT is the other issue ... Hollywood is scared to death of this guy. He went off
and made a movie and made a FORTUNE on that movie (Passion) after Hollywierd
told him not to and refused to back it. He does his own thing and doesn't bow to
Hollywierd. They hate him. They are afraid of him.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Mel claims "Jews have been the cause of all wars".

But I contend Mel is not an anti-Semite, he is simply a lost lamb, faith was substituted for truth and the 'blinding' techniques used by the male secret societies is to be acknowledged.
Blinding is a term used by the Hermetic Golden Dawn.
Is the Vatican a men's club?
Why do I believe Mel is not an anti-Semite?

Has this guy ever read any history other than HIStory?
Jews and Catholics I contend have been the cause of all Wars.
Throw in the Islamic fundamentalists too, why not?

There is ONE very powerful man in the world today who is currently following the script contained within scripture, I contend.
He and his followers have been dishing out a liiteral not figurative translation of the Bible as HIStory suggests.

Is the Pope following a script?
Who wrote the script, who put the script together?
Who are the supporting players on the world stage?
Have the ancient myth makers taken up residence in Hollywood, and today are THEY still the mythmakers?
I will even challenge Sir Mel's delusions of his mythical poster boy Jesus, a metaphor, an archetype we come across in ALL myth.

If Mel followed his family tree back to his 'roots', what would he find?
He would find that Abraham was the patriarch of not only Judaism but also Christianity and Islam.

What we are witnessing in the middle-east is a metaphor for what ails the world.

Family dysfunction based deeply on desire and fear and the belief They are each 'the Biblical chosen ones.'

Oy vey!

The "vey" component of "oy vey" exists in German as well ("weh"), and might have entered Yiddish from there--though, as we shall observe below, this is not necessarily so…

I do have proof the swastika could be linked to the Vatican...go here…

www.abovetopsecret.com...

namaste

Raphael

p.s. How do I attach an avatar?

[edit on 2-8-2006 by Kachina]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Despite the obvious and expected bickering that this thread seems to be in danger of degrading into, I must say I'm rather relieved to hear that the majority of people feel the same way about this story as I do. Here in New York City there's no worse crime than saying anything bad about the jews at all, it's nice to know that there are still some rational free thinking people out there.

The way I see it, Mel was drunk, we've all been drunk. When you're drunk you do stupid things, like DRIVING DRUNK.

I couldn't care less about what he was rambling on about in a drunken stuppor, I'm more concerned with the fact that Mr. Pius Gibson figures he's above the law and can drive while intoxicated. The actions of the ADL are only serving to obfuscate the real issue, that of Mr. Gibson's drunk driving.

Maybe Gibson should let the ADL smear him a little more, he might get out of the drunk driving charge.

To be completely honest, I hate celebrities, I hate how much time and attention people spend on them. Especialy actors, they don't do anything except get paid millions of dollars to pretend to be someone else. Sure, I liked the Patriot and Braveheart as much as anyone else but he's just an actor and I can't say I'd be too broken up about anything he does.

Groups like the ADL are a pimple on the face of our free speech, I've run into trouble with supporters of the ADL whenever I said anything against Isreal. People need to wake up and realize that groups like the ADL are only self serving and most deffinitly have their own agenda.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
the jewish powerplayers of hollywood have been trying to smother Mel Gibson's role in the movie industry and finally they get their big break from some DUI incident. Com'on people why are we still discussing this. And for the jews out there, give the guy a break, so what that he did a movie that viewed jews not in their finest hour. Plus as he said he followed the story as it was said in the bible and from what i remember the bible didn't really let jews glow. I'm surprised at people's reactions to this, every jewish comedian has been rebuking him constantly, others just misjudged the incident stereotyping him as a rich guy wasting his life in drinking and women. The media should let this pass already, i mean i hear newscasters questioning his career after this. This is ridiculuos, can anyone remember what russel crowe did with the phone which kinda slipped under the mat after awhile plus a friend once told me how russel gave her the finger when she waved at him next to a movie set. I see no fairness at all of how the media is playing this one out, which i can compare to tom cruise's misbehavior....people tend to get jealous of celebrities. And those women in the photos shouldn't be called fans because what kind of fan would release these photos to the public. Mel Gibson for a fact is a terrific filmmaker/actor and familyman, and now all this... just out of one silly mistake that i can say we all got accused of at least once in our lifetime, has pushed him to apologizing more than twice and to pled for forgiveness from the jewish community, is this insane or what. But I wonder if this is in anyway gonna affect his new upcoming movie Apocalypto.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
diox, Russel Crowe didn't use any stereotyping when he went nuts. he beat the guy with a phone, which is worse than calling him names but the key thing is, he didn't call the guy a n... or a sp... or whatever name would have fit the racially motivated hate.

Gibson was labelled an anti-semite for his portrayal of the jews in his movie. he gave some of them horns. last I checked, I am hornless and so are all the jews I have ever known. He says he wants to learn and understand where his words came from. Clearly he is admitting that his words have some kind of bigotted slant to them.

I'm wondering how he'd respond to the following statement.

Jesus was a jew.

If jews are to blame for all the worlds troubles, and Jesus was a jew, is he, therefore, blaming jesus for all the worlds troubles?

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I guess freedom of speech only applies to all speech except that which is critical of the Jewish faith, or the state of Israel.

No doubt, it really is frightening. I don't agree with anything Mel Gibson said, and I doubt I will support his career any longer by watching his films. That being said, the last time I checked freedom of speech is something that is not only allowed, but valued in this country.

However, I can't say that i'm all that suprised. We are living in BushCo land, where we have to establish 'free speech zones' and such... This news coupled with the earlier report that it is illegal to openly support a foreign governments boycott of Isreal is truly frightening.

Even the KKK is allowed a voice in America. They can organize, publish opinions, recruit new members etc. Apparently the same hatred/cruel words etc. directed at isreal is some sort of crime.

Is it despicable, sure... but should it be illegal -- no. Freedom of speech means accepting and allowing even those ideas we most disagree with a place in the public arena if someone chooses to put them there. It is a slippery slope when we start trying to legislate exceptions to the 'free speech' rule. Free speech, by definition, should have no limitations.

Again, I am in no way endorsing hate, hate speech or an anti-semetic ideas here. Rather, I am trying to side with free speech. Does what Mel said make him a big jerk? sure... but it doesn't justify a 'hate-crime' probe. There is still a big difference between words and actions IMHO.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I'm surprised women haven't spoken out about the sugartits comments he made.

he's a drunken buffoon in my eyes.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Let's see if Captain Walker can fly himself out of this one.

There's a big fat no-prize in it for anyone who gets that reference.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
captain walker was the pilot the kids reference in thunderdome. they think mad max is the good cap'n.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join