It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jewish groups call for hate-crime probe on Mel Gibson

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
"Hate speech" laws are a silly idea, and clearly unconstitutional.
If you're talking about actual threats, thats one thing, if your talking about a drunken idiot mouthing off, entirely another.

I liked MSNBC's headline: "Mel Gibson is a Shmuck"

[edit on 8/1/06 by xmotex]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Maybe Mel just reads ATS. I've heard the exact same view here many a time lately, though less explicit. Could he possibly post here?
He got confused by the tolerance for free speech here, and tried to take it out into the "real" world.

ATS: Universal disgust regardless of race, creed, religion, or color. Huzzah!

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
I think it's ridiculous.

He's done nothing that should warrant a criminal investigation.

Isn't it enough that he's been exposed as a hateful SOB? Can't we just shrug our collective shoulders and cross his name off our Christmas card list?

Why do you deem him a "hateful sob"? How has he been exposed? He shares an opinion that Roman Catholics have had fo over 1000 years.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
I think it's ridiculous.

He's done nothing that should warrant a criminal investigation.

Isn't it enough that he's been exposed as a hateful SOB? Can't we just shrug our collective shoulders and cross his name off our Christmas card list?

Why do you deem him a "hateful sob"? How has he been exposed? He shares an opinion that Roman Catholics have had fo over 1000 years.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
They hate everyone who doesn't agree with them, and persecute them
relentlessly.

Sounds like THEY are the ones guilty of a 'hate crime'. Seriously - drunk driving
and mouthing off isn't a hate crime. Blowing up a jewish house of worship would
be. This is freak'n stupid.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Ok, he was piss drunk. So I dont really care what he said. But I wonder how many of you would respond if he said "pick a racial epithet, any racial epithet" ? I'm pretty sure you would all be in an uproar about that. Besides, what he reportedly said doesnt demote hate, but more of his opinion on the happenings going on now in the world. So I understand both sides of whats happening here and how you are feeling and I understand what you are saying, but who gives a crap what a drunk celebrity has to say anyhow?

I also can understand how a Jewish person could be offended, but in my opinion everyone is a little too touchy these days. Just my 2 cents.

[edit on 8/1/2006 by ludaChris]

Mod Edit: Civility & Decorum.

[edit on 1/8/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by zappafan1
Still, the entire idea of "hate speech" is screwed up, as it adds a third tier to our legal system. Face it folks, "hate speech" IS the Thought Police, as everything you say and do is based in thought.
[edit on 1-8-2006 by zappafan1]

I understand that Zappa was Jewish so do you think he would have wanted Gibson's head on a platter for saying what he did? Just curious what you think he would have said.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Let's get off the crap and concentrat on the facts. Mel isn't the leader of the USA . The Pres is the drug addicted, child gay guy we all should be concentrating on. Please people, lets get real here. Enough of the side tracks........

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by schallb
Let's get off the crap and concentrat on the facts. Mel isn't the leader of the USA . The Pres is the drug addicted, child gay guy we all should be concentrating on. Please people, lets get real here. Enough of the side tracks........

uh is this the wrong thread for this?

What I find offensive about this is that Mel didn't have the least privacy in this whole deal and then the entire media machine went into overdrive to destroy him. Looks like a setup if you ask me.

Hollywood must really be scared of this guy so they had to bring him down but I think it is going to backfire on them.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo

What I find offensive about this is that Mel didn't have the least privacy in this whole deal and then the entire media machine went into overdrive to destroy him. Looks like a setup if you ask me.

I don't think there is much expectation of privacy if you are breaking the law, unless you are a juvenile. Then its completely different. But the outrage is that it would have been swept under the rug. According to other reports, he had been allowed to skate before.

But the media machine, especially in HWood is extremely fickle. No one is sacred. You screw up and its like chumming for sharks.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
excuse me for my ignorance as I have not read the thread and have come back from a night of drinking... BUT...

MG is an a-hole and as a fellow drunk can be excused for making a comment that not only does he not necessarily agree with in a sober state but says statements that he does not understand. He was drunk and as such not of sound mind and will make comment regardless of whether he beleives them as fact or fiction.

How many of you could admit to being drunk and do things not only out of character but also would be embaresssed about.

Give him a break.. for gods sake, who in their right mind would even try to RUN from the cops... I mean, he is Mel #Gibson... how far would he get...

jeez.. he was drunk.. he apologised and surely forgivness is divine... so forgive.

you would if you were religious

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Mel, the dixie chicks all of those in public view people have had a say...We all know the difference between Jews and the Zionist's..And so does Mel,, soooooooooooo. The set up is just that and his drinking problem to blame or not...What's done is done Or maybe he read David Ickle's ...What the carnage really is all about...and he feels like the rest of us......

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

Originally posted by 2stepsfromtop

Here's a hate crime for you - the exclusivity of jewish people running the entertainment and finance businesses - isn't nepotism/cronyism a form of racism?

OK, lets not turn this into a complete Jew bashing thread, a little restraint folks, please.

It seems that everyone with an agenda has an axe to grind these days. If Mel had been yelling about African_Americans then you can bet the Jessy Jacksons and Al Sharptons would have been all over him. If he had yelled about women's rights putting him down then the Gloria Steinhams would have been all over him. If he had yelled the American indians were at fault the...ummmm...the....(Does anyone speak for the American Indians anymore?)

The dude got drunk and did/said something stupid. If you haven't done the same then you need to get out more.

I'm just sorry to see he fell off the wagon. He was working his program and making movies about his religious beliefs and kicking that monkey's ass.

I guess the monkey kicked back.

wupy

I thinks a matter of all the conflict and Strife in the world I think EVERYONE is feeling it Even the rich and Famous are not above it Has anyone else been Feeling odd a little more stressed than useuall in your everyday life?I think all this Conflict and death thru out the WHOLE Middle East has set up stress levels for we as men and women to regress into what ever bad habits we may have had Mr. Gibson is no different.As for the Hate Factor the man was Drunk it aunt like he Beat up hung or shot anyone and as a Whole I think ALL Minority groups are overly senceative about being rebuffed,its a fact of life I guess

[edit on 1-8-2006 by Truth_Hunter_1976]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Its all a conspiracy, they are part of his promotion team to get people noticing him to watch his movies.

peace

dalen

people dont have a problem, they are just bored!

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Truth Hunter and Creeping Jesus,,,,Oh my lord I'm still laughing about that last name...Im Catholic and I am really having a laugh fest on that name..God bless you both now I'm, going to go mix me a BIG ONE...

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
The ADL has been known to intimidate witnesses and tamper with evidence in trials. Something should be done about them.

Do you have any handy links for this?

Ill look for them. It has been a few years since I read them. The articles came from normal newspapers. However, these articles are pretty well buried, and the only people left who flaunt them are all skinheads and nazis and such.

If I get time, Ill try and dig em back up and send em to you.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
you know with all this talk about how his remarks may cancil his miniseries, i actualy wonder if just perhapse he had recieved news prior or dureing his drinking that the series was canceled. that could actualy explain why he made such comments about jews. this is something that i often see with friends getting drunk.they tend to focas on the one bad thing that happened and while drunk anything else that happens is automaticaly blaimed on that one thing.

personaly i feel that mel should not have had all this furor over something that most people seem to do. just watch shows like cops and you will always see some beligerant drunk spouting off simmiler slurs against the cop, i have even seen one where the drunk calls a white cop "a dammed 'n-word'". some people when they are drunk are just compleat a** *****. all that realy means is perhapse they shouldn't drink or drink alot less.

what i realy would love to know is how this altercation between mell and cops got out. shouldn't it be a private thinng between cops/mel. no one else except a judge/jurry should have any information about it. at the most the stories should have only mentioned that he got nailed for dwi again. nothing else. it's past time that celebraties got some privacy and treated like joe average. just more sensationalisim from the press to sell their product.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I thought Mel Gibson was cool before he went nuts. And I didn't like the Passion movie because it was stereotypical and would have contributed to abuse of snakes. Third, no matter how nuts Mel Gibson is, he should be allowed to say what he wants, it will only end up making him appear even more idiotic.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
HOLD UP !!!!

Was the police officer even Jewish ?,

This truly has to be a symphony gaining exercise for the Jewish/Israel/ADL, now more then ever to hide there current war crimes in lebanon. BUT what truly amazes me is when you consider everthing the African Americans where put though wheres there Anti-AFRO term ?, why is it only the jewish people have a term to specifily describe hate towards them ?. And tell me this has nothing to do with symphony, WAKE UP PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to mention Mels new mini series about the holocoaust, its about time someone set the record straight and revised that number and to include the Russians, East Slavs, the mentally or physically disabled, homosexuals, Jehovah's Witnesses, Communists and political dissidents, trade unionists, Freemasons, Eastern Christians, and Catholic and Protestant.

IF THERE"S NOTHING FISHY ABOUT THE HOLOCOAUST LET PEOPLE INDEPENTLY INVESTIGATE IT WITHOUT GOING TO PRISON

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
They are absolutely gonna blacklist him in Hollywood. Once the JDL and ADL got involved he was toast. The Holocaust miniseries he was supposedly making for ABC is being canned. I think we had enough movies about that to last a lifetime. Need we have more reminders?

Anyone ever look up Dept. Of Global Antisemetism?

or Global Anti-semetism act by the US state Dept? I guess the USA is doing what should normally be the job of Israel wouldn't you think? I wonder if there is a Global anti-african or global anti-polish, global anti-american-indian or global anti-arab act looming in the horizon. Who says AIPAC don't have a lot of juice??

Pie

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join