It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jewish groups call for hate-crime probe on Mel Gibson

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I agree with most on this thread. The man was drunk and only said hateful things. He didn't go around spray painting hate messages on building, or burn crosses in yards, yada yada yada. This story should end with the article that was written.

Who hasn't spouted off stupid crap while they were drunk, and later realize that it was wrong? I'm not advocating what he said, but he did nothing illegal.

Even though I don't agree with what he said, he did have the right to say it. That is unless you consider the part about him using all his money to make sure to get even with the cop. That might be considered threatening.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   
These so called Jewish groups should get a life.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   
This is a joke, I hate when minority groups speak out for BS reasons against BS things.

How many people on this board have been drunk and said something stupid?
Do you believe its nessecary to have the police involved, and investigations opened?

The man didnt attack anyone, he did nothing but say stupid stuff when he was drunk.

Society is becoming a joke,

FFS It pi55es me off having to see this total utter nonsense on the TV.

Im ashamed to be living in todays world.

When is mankind going to stop being so friggen materilistic wingin BABIES?

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   

When you are a public figure as in the entertainment business everything you said will come back to bite you in your back side.

Just like when all of the Major hollyweird players said they were going to leave if GW was elected. None of them have had the ball to keep their promises.

The Dixie Chicks are another example. one of the prime examples is jane the B****.

If you want to dance, ya gotta pay the piper.

Ah for the days of Clayton Moore , Roy Rogers and Dale Evans.

another aspect of this whole arguement is context. Were his comments just general
drunken mouthing off or were they directed specifically at the arresting officer/s?
were they a result of his NOT getting preferential treatment? After all he Is the academy award winning Mel Gibson. All should bow down to his most pious a** right?

[edit on 1-8-2006 by stalkingwolf]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Lets talk about who financed Hitler's rise to power? Who lent him the money. Gibson was talking about khzars & the synagogue of Satan who follow the Talmud not everyday average Jews who follow the Torah which books are also found in the old testament & Koran.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
In order to circle this back nearer the topic, I wonder at the LA County Sheriff's Office and their decision to edit the incidnet:

Deputy Mee then wrote an eight-page report detailing Gibson's rampage and comments. Sources say the sergeant on duty felt it was too "inflammatory." A lieutenant and captain then got involved and calls were made to Sheriff's headquarters. Sources say Mee was told Gibson's comments would incite a lot of "Jewish hatred," that the situation in Israel was "way too inflammatory." It was mentioned several times that Gibson, who wrote, directed, and produced 2004's "The Passion of the Christ," had incited "anti-Jewish sentiment" and "For a drunk driving arrest, is this really worth all that?"

We're told Deputy Mee was then ordered to write another report, leaving out the incendiary comments and conduct. Sources say Deputy Mee was told the sanitized report would eventually end up in the media and that he could write a supplemental report that contained the redacted information -- a report that would be locked in the watch commander's safe.

Initially, a Sheriff's official told TMZ the arrest occurred "without incident." On Friday night, Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore told TMZ: "The L.A. County Sheriff's Department investigation into the arrest of Mr. Gibson on suspicion of driving under the influence will be complete and will contain every factual piece of evidence. Nothing will be sanitized. There was absolutely no favoritism shown to this suspect or any other. When this file is presented to the Los Angeles County District Attorney, it will contain everything. Nothing will be left out."

www.tmz.com...

(emphasis mine)

The coverup should be the news

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I'm fairly sure that the Jewish groups are just trying to kill Mel's new mini-series...

"Mel Gibson's Holocaust Miniseries Is In Jeopardy

Mel GibsonMel Gibson's planned mini-series about the Holocaust may be axed by ABC after his alleged drunken anti-Semitic outburst at a Los Angeles police officer. An intoxicated Gibson reportedly launched a verbal attack on sheriff's deputy James Mee after he was pulled over for drunk driving on Friday near his home in Malibu, California.

Now his nonfiction TV movie “Flory,” charting the true story of a Dutch Jew named Flory Van Beek and her non-Jewish boyfriend who sheltered her from the Nazis, is in jeopardy.

American rabbi Abraham Cooper is urging The Passion Of The Christ producer to drop the "inappropriate" TV program and it is believed some Jewish film executives have pledged never to work with the actor again.

An ABC spokeswoman says only, "It's in development, but not very far in. It's not at the point where you would make those determinations.""

From www.starpulse.com...

Also:
www.contactmusic.com...
and
www.hollywood.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Wow he hates jews I mean it wasn't a very nice thing he say but he has the right to say.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Does any one know if the officer was Jewish, because maybe if the officer was Jewish and Mr. Gibson still said what he said then it is a hate crime. To yell the remarks he made at a group in general is not a hate crime but a figure of speech and a belief of the mind, the government nor any law can control how people feel to other people or stop them from expressing that unless it degrades a person or persons specifically. He committed no crime unless he knew well that the officer was Jewish and said what he said, irresponsible maybe but who in Hollywood is actually responsible when using their fame and status in society eh?

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
ABC backed out of the miniseries.

First off, a group calling for an investigation is not an investigation, it is a group looking to garner attention.
Second, Mel Gibson has been branded an anti-semite for years, ever since his last movie came out. That doesn't mean he isn't allowed to speak freely. He is. We all are in the US. Even the ignorant bigots filled with hatred. It is when these people ACT on their ignorance and hatred that a hate crime is comitted.

Let's take a look at a recent case in NY. A young black man and his friend had entered an italian neighborhood late one night with the sole intention of stealing a car. They admitted to this. This was an ongoing problem in the neighborhood and unfortunately for these two young men a group of italian young men happened to spot them casing a car. They proceded to beat the crap out of one of the black men. During the confrontation, the ring leader of the italian group called them n***ers. Instant hate crime. I agree with the sentence the ringleader received but not the crime. If the young black men had been young italian men they would have received the same beating but they would probably been called different names.

A hate crime is one motivated by hatred and bigotry toward the intended target. The muslim man shooting jewish women in Seatle? Hate crime. Burning a cross on a black man's lawn? Hate crime.

blaming the jews for the world's problems is a centuries old practice and even the jewish arresting officer said he wasn't offended by Gibson's drunken verbal assault. If anyone should be calling for action against Gibson it should be this officer.

The key points to the whole story are as follows:
1. The Police Department continually cover up Mr. Gibson's wrong doings.
2. Mr. Gibson clearly has a problem with jews, including all those in the entertainment industry who have helped make him the rich man with the get out of jail free card that he now has.
3. His now public issues with the jewish community will make his future dealings in the entertainment world a bit more difficult. While the paranoid folks out there think jews control the worlds of entertainment and finance, this isn't true but there are some pretty high level jews out there who might not want to deal with him. More important however is the fear of future boycots so any GOOD businessman will think twice about getting involved with a lightening rod.

Rumor has it Mel is going to announce that his next project is going to be a film adaptation of The Protocols Of Zion.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nemithesis
I'm fairly sure that the Jewish groups are just trying to kill Mel's new mini-series...

Now his nonfiction TV movie “Flory,” charting the true story of a Dutch Jew named Flory Van Beek and her non-Jewish boyfriend who sheltered her from the Nazis, is in jeopardy.

American rabbi Abraham Cooper is urging The Passion Of The Christ producer to drop the "inappropriate" TV program and it is believed some Jewish film executives have pledged never to work with the actor again.

An ABC spokeswoman says only, "It's in development, but not very far in. It's not at the point where you would make those determinations.""

Why were they trying to kill it... the mini series I mean

are you suggesting that the series was done already and that made Mel mad and he lashed out and then they swooped down on this as an excuse to publicly humiliate him?

[edit on 1-8-2006 by denythestatusquo]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I agree with you Mr. Wupy, the guy fell off the wagon. That is tragic and certainly all this negative press won't help him get back into his recovery. If this was Joe Blow, no one would know about this or care. But it was a LEAKED police report, leaked only because he is a celebrity.

It is a fact that the Rothschild's, as someone mentioned before, helped to create the Napoleonic Wars, WW I and 2, and yes they financed Hitler. They do also own the top 3 MSM TV stations. The Rothschild's are Jewish, but that doesn't mean that "the Jews" are responsible for all the wars in the world, just the Rothschild's, who like to make money by selling arms to both sides, heck they even financed Hitler against the Jews. They were also responsible for founding Israel, but only so they could have their own private country. It's not as if they're trying to further any "Jewish agendas". One would be correct on blaming the Rothschild's for wars, but not the Jews themselves, they've gotten screwed by the Rothschild's same as everyone else.
Mel's got a point, just expressed it poorly.

One more point of note: The man in the ADL who presided over it the longest, was a CIA agent, given full state funeral because of that. Interesting connection, wonder what that means.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo

are you suggesting that the series was done already and that made Mel mad and he lashed out and then they swooped down on this as an excuse to publicly humiliate him?

I'm suggesting, as out-there as this sounds, that the anti-semitic remarks were a setup. They made up everything he said so he would be publicly discredited and terminate his holocaust movie.

I don't care how drunk Mel was, remarks like that when you are working on a Holocaust movie and are famous for making a Jesus film just don't come out.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo

I'm suggesting, as out-there as this sounds, that the anti-semitic remarks were a setup. They made up everything he said so he would be publicly discredited and terminate his holocaust movie.

I don't care how drunk Mel was, remarks like that when you are working on a Holocaust movie and are famous for making a Jesus film just don't come out.

I believe you so you think this is revenge for the Passion of the Christ movie that the ADL hated and the comments/beliefs by Mel's father?

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
I think it's ridiculous.

He's done nothing that should warrant a criminal investigation.

Isn't it enough that he's been exposed as a hateful SOB? Can't we just shrug our collective shoulders and cross his name off our Christmas card list?

the onlry reason why they are making a big deal is because hes famous, but yeah why should he be investigated its his own opinion, i have someone who needs to be invstigated, this gang in my neighborhood, one night i was walking and they started following me saying they were going to stab me and let me bleed out on the sidewalk because i was white, and the other day they said they were gonna kick my ass because im white and i dont belong int he town im in, oh but mel gibson will be investegated for his opinion, not a threat like those jerko*fs did to me

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   

it's so out there that Mr. Gibson himself has publicly apologized to the jewish community for his comments and he has asked to meet with leaders in the jewish community to help him on his journey towards healing. He said it.

As for ABC cancelling the project, I'm guessing but perhaps nobody wants to do a holocaust movie with an anti-semite at the helm for fear of a slanted story and the added bonus of advertisers not wanting to pay for ad time in an anti-semite's tv show.

Today's NY Daily News Cartoon.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
In order to circle this back nearer the topic, I wonder at the LA County Sheriff's Office and their decision to edit the incidnet:...

The coverup should be the news

Abso-freakin'-lutely!
Cops on the west coast are constantly pressured to handle "stars" with kid gloves. Being the Sheriff's Office, and not just the PD, there are re-elections involved, so I'm sure that means even more pressure on the deputies. I imagine that the LASO administration is praying that the ADL complaints remain on the front page instead of their behavior.

As for my .02, its the First Amendment, stupid (not calling anyone here stupid
). What I really want to know is how come Kevin Costner got the same black-listing after Water World. Talk about persona non grata. And he didn't say anything bad about anybody. Just had Dennis Hopper on a Ski Do. Is that such a crime?

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I don't understand how speaking can be considered a hate crime, he did nothing illegal besides drinking and driving. But I do believe he is atleast somewhat anti-semitic...

He was drunk, yes, and he apologized, yes, but strong words like that don't come out of nowhere, even if your drunk. He must have had Jews floating around in his head for him to have said that. He probobly has some secret disliking of Judaism in general.

And to be honest, I don't like criticizing Mel Gibson, Signs was one of my favorite movies.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Yes, I'd certainly like to read the entire report as to why he said what he did. It's not something that would just pop out of one's mouth for no reason.

Still, the entire idea of "hate speech" is screwed up, as it adds a third tier to our legal system. Face it folks, "hate speech" IS the Thought Police, as everything you say and do is based in thought.

What gets me is that if a white person says or does something described as "Hate Speech" or a "Hate Crime", it's all you hear about for a few days (or more). But when a minority does the same against a white person, it's NOT hate speech or a hate crime.

Go figure.......

[edit on 1-8-2006 by zappafan1]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I wonder if the comment was made before or after he the miranda rights were read

"You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can, and will be used AGAINST you"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join