It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Three Discussion...

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Meet Your New Lost Castmembers!...

E!Online are reporting that Jeremy Davies and Rebecca Mader will be joining the Lost cast this season.

Lost Filming - Our First Sightings...

Thanks to Jacobe for the following. If it is indeed a Sawyer Centric episode this will make 22 people out of the 1000 we have in our prediction league happy

Lost Blu Ray Confirmed as Virgin 1080p...

I have rock solid confirmation from Carlton Cuse directly that the Lost Blu-Ray set will in fact be "full on 1080p!" This is exciting for sure, particularly for easter egg hunters chomping at the bit to get another look at some of the text clues like the infamous obituary, and Ben's journal. Of course, all of this will be nothing compared to the fact that in an overall sense, Lost will simply never look better. (Until ultra-def comes out. 7680x4320... that's what I'm talking about baby.)

Now note that 1080i and 1080p may have the same resolution, but 1080i is an illusion. With 1080i, only half of the lines are shown per cycle, slightly offset in frequency from the second. This creates the illusion of 1080 lines. Really, its 540 at a time with a slight gap. With PC's you can de-interlace a signal, but for freeze-framers, its not going to give you the clarity of 1080p, which displays all pixels in each pass.

Why was there a concern over new transfers? Surely a show of Lost's caliber would not be treated so shoddily, right? Well, guess again. I don't want to name names and get a bunch of people flaming me for dissing certain movies or shows, because the creators really have nothing to do with it, but there is enough upsampled 720p prints out there to justify the question. I do not know if Disney or ABC has done this, and certainly didn't want to insinuate they would.

Preparing for Lost on 1080p!...

As I told you yesterday, Carlton Cuse emailed me concerning an open ended question in my BuddyTV piece over the Lost Blu-Ray set’s technical specs: will it use the broadcast standard 720p transfers, or include new 1080p transfers. The answer was “I can confirm for you that the blu ray discs will be full-on 1080p.”

In light of that, I’ve received many emails asking “What is this 1080p, and where do I get it.” Since I was in the market for a few items myself, I figured I would share some info with you on how, and why, to make the transition to 1080p.

The why is simple. More pixels, better image. Even if you're not looking for easter eggs, it's a whole new viewing experience. Nearly twice the broadcast standard for ABC's HD programming, at a wider bit rate meaning crystal clear pixel transitions. No digital 'grain.'

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

The Orchid Video...

Hats Off to DarkUFO for snaring the Orchid Video!

Sorry about the double post.

[edit on 26-8-2007 by Chukkles]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

The Orchid Video...

Hats Off to DarkUFO for snaring the Orchid Video!

Hey, after watching the orchid vid I noticed some frames out of place, as i'm sure you all have, well I have caught screenshots of these frames.

I know I have seen this before, maybe an epi:

Do not know:

Odd:

Strangest of all, it appears to be an upsidedown shot of a cyclist riding past a house.

EDIT: I now see it is the others suburban type camp.

The reason I posted these is because I wanna know if any of your Lost oriented brains can pluck any clues from them...

[edit on 26-8-2007 by Chukkles]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
'Lost' Scoop: Jeff Fahey Joins Cast...

The new season of Lost is still over five months away (arrrrggggh!!!), but shooting on the first episode is underway, and the show's five new cast members are officially in place. Yes, we said five: Executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse tell EW.com that Jeff Fahey — a cult-pop fave most famous for The Lawnmower Man and most recently seen in Grindhouse — has been added to the show, joining previously announced newcomers Jeremy Davies (Saving Private Ryan), Lance Reddick (The Wire), Ken Leung (The Sopranos), and British actress Rebecca Mader (The Devil Wears Prada, Love Monkey).

The producers wouldn't comment on the character that Fahey will be playing, but said he was the first and only choice for the role. ''The Lawnmower Man and [the 1995 TV series] The Marshall are personal faves,'' says Cuse. ''And he has the most intense eyes of any guy out there, and I say that as a non-gay man.'' Adds Lindelof: ''Fahey is one of those actors who feels like he fits into the Lost model: He's enormously talented and will be vaguely recognizable to some people, but he'll be able to land on our island without most people going, 'Oh, I know who that guy is.' And especially for the part we cast him for, he has exactly the right sensibilities.''

Yep: consider us teased. Check back later this week for more on Fahey's casting, plus the producers' take on their other new cast members.

Spoiler Chat: Kristen Bell Heroes Scoop, Grey's Gossip and a New Nip/Tucker...

Thomas in Dallas: Any word on Lost? I can’t wait to see new episodes!
We still don’t get new eps until February (a little fact that makes me sob uncontrollably every time I hear it). However! The coolest cast around just went back to work last week in Oahu, and I’m hearing very good things about the new season! Michael is back, the Losties we love are front and center and the storylines are tighter than, well, I’d say Josh Holloway’s backside but, sheesh, I’m a married woman.

Ginny in Ipswich, Massachusetts: Will there be any cast changes this season on Lost?
Aside from the newbies we announced last week (much thanks to Korbi for that scoop!), Entertainment Weekly is now reporting that Grindhouse’s Jeff Fahey will join the island crew this year. I can also tell you that although I'd heard a while back we’d be seeing a little less of Matthew Fox this season, so far there are no signs of any “Jack-off” days on the production schedule (sorry, I couldn’t resist, I’m 12). So, we’ll see.

Season 4 Premiere - Saywer Centric?...

It's looking like the Sawyer Centric spoilers that we broke recently are starting to be confirmed by other sources. Thanks to Lyly who spotted that Izzy from Spoilerfix in her weekly spoilerchat says that "multiple sources" confirm that the first episode will be Sawyer-centric.

LOST Season 4 Teaser found at ABC Commisary in Orlando, FL...

Hello everyone, You do not know me since I mostly just watch the boards and don't post much but I am a lost fan since the beginning. Last week my family and I vacationed in Disneyworld and on wednesday we traveled to Disney's MGM Studios and ate lunch at what is known as the ABC Commisary. It is a counter service restaraunt and around the building are TVs that show clips and previews of new and returning shows coming to ABC soon. I was eating lunch and the LOST preview caught me off guard. It has no new footage of course and it went like this.

" They thought they met the evil" (flashed to the others),
"They thought they had found the secret"(flashes to the Dharma stations), "They thought they won", (Flashes to beach scene in season 3 finale),
"They thought wrong!"(Shows all the guns being loaded)
"Defend the island, it's not over." Spring 2008.

Not that great but it just keeps on adding to the fact that we know that everyone teams up to now defend the island. I wish I had caught a video of it but the loop was 40 minutes and I would have to sit through the loop again and see the stupid preview of that Caveman show.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Lost wins at E! Online’s Tater Top Awards Show...

My friend The ODI was lucky enough to be at E!Online's Tater Top Awards. Below is his blog post from the event. Looks like the fans picked Lost in most of the categories. We'll have the full results here later when they are published by E!Online. For now here is The ODI's summary of the event.

Was Locke the intended body in the Coffin?...

My good friend The ODI was at the E!Online Tater Top Awards (E!Online's own TV Awards Ceremony) and he was chatting with Kristin, the one we love/hate
Below is the portion from his Blog write up regarding who was originally intended to be in the coffin.

Jeremy Davies will be a frieghter character...

I've just been informed by one of my reliable sources at ABC that Jeremy Davies, as suspected, will be playing one of the characters that is on Naomi's Freighter.

French Female Translator...

An upcoming episode will feature a female translator in her 30s who works at a university and translates from French to English.

Fluctuations in Lost’s Radio Silence – Darlton Speak...

Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof have broken their silence on the five new characters. The extent of the info does not exactly bleed over into ‘spoiler’ territory, but it sure does put a few holes in a few theories. Of course, if you’ll forgive me a smug moment, one of my favorite parts is where Carlton confirms that most of the casting sheet info, down to the names, is bogus because they KNOW from past experience that the information travels far and wide. Here are the bullets of interest for you speed readers. The full interview can be found here.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
More info on the Lost Game...

Minor Snippets, Jorge Garcia, Matthew Fox and Rob McElhenney...

Question: Gasp! I love you, Michael, but I'm extremely worried about you. You wasted your energy answering two questions about One Tree Hill in last week's column, and you didn't even mention Lost once! I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone.— Nora
Ausiello: Imagine how I felt. I haven't had a decent night's sleep since that column ran last Wednesday. The good news? Order has been restored to the universe and, to prove it, here's a little Lost prattle: As you know, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's Rob McElhenney did a small role last season as an Other. Well, here's what you don't know: The scene where Julie rifle-butted him in the head was not the last we were supposed to see of him. He was slated to appear in the May finale in some kind of big Others scene, but he was unavailable due to his Philadelphia sked. If I had a gambling problem, I'd bet my firstborn that we'll see him again.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
E! ONLINE Tater Top Awards...

Thanks to Lyly for posting all the results from the Tater Top Awards over in the Media Mentions section. Pop on over to see if your favourite won

LOST - SEASON 3 - DISC 1 BONUS and Easter Egg info...

Update: I now have the details of the Easter Eggs of the Season 3 DVD.

EW Scans of the 5 new Lost members...

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Lost Makes Time Magazines 100 Best TV Shows of All Time...

Time Magazine has chosen Lost as one of the 100 best shows of all time. There is no indication as to what the rank is for Lost, but just making the list is gratifying for fans and creators alike, for sure.

here is the link to the page

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
LOST - SEASON 3 - DISC 7 - EXTRA BONUS...

Disc 7 will contain a Bonus feature Directed by Jack Bender; Stephen Williams
The cast for this work includes: Josh Holloway, Matthew Fox, Evangeline Lilly.

It will run for 4 mins 58 Seconds. More details on this feature will be posted as soon as I have them. It has been passed as PG.

An Interview with Alex Petrovitch - Submit your Questions...

I've got some exciting news for all DarkUFO readers in that I've just been granted an interview with Alex Petrovitc who played Henrik in the Season 2 Finale, Live Together, Die Alone, as one of the mysterious men in the listening station.

He has kindly agreed to let me gather a number of questions from DarkUFO readers that I will use in the interview that will be conducted shortly.

Note: One question per person please and I cannot promise to use all the questions but will try to get as many in as possible. Submissions will close on Sunday evening GMT time.

Season 3 DVD Menu Details...

Thanks to Betton from Belgium for the info. What do you think? Anyone care to do some translations.

Please visit ZoneDVD to see all the menu's.

Is Lost changing Time and Day?...

I've just been in contact with my source at ABC who was involved with a Teleconference with the Corporate Partners (Disney,ESPN etc). When the subject turned to Lost about scheduling in February the ABC Execs were very secretive about when Lost would return.

They would not commit to either a Day or Time for the show.

I'm not sure if this means anything at all or if they are still deciding themselves whether to move both the Lost timeslot (as has been widely speculated) as well as the day.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Lost Season 3 - Disc 7 - Features...

Filming Update...

My friend Emeka dropped by the pier Friday night to see what all the commotion was about:

"It looks like they've started filming the second episode. They have a fairly big boat docked at the end of the pier. We had to keep a certain distance to keep from interfering with the filming. We were also not allowed to snap pictures. I did manage to get 1 of Naveen Andrews who plays Sayid, sitting in the foreground watching the filming. I wasn't there long enough to see if he was in the actual shooting. I'll upload the photo soon!"

EDIT:

i want to add this:

Casting Call Notice - The Role of Daniel/Dante...

Episode: 4.03
Director: Jack Bender

[DANTE]
40s, Italian businessman, knows the fun of a little competition, affable, friendly but with a secret.
MUST HAVE AN AUTHENTIC ITALIAN ACCENT/ SPEAK SOME ITALIAN.
ONE DAY GUEST STAR

[edit on 10-9-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Jorge and Lance Reddick Filming...

Thanks to Ryan, our man in Hawaii, for the following filming report. Does this mean we're getting an early Hurley flashback? Is Lance Riddick a doctor at the SRMHI? any Libby connections?

ABC's "Lost" Begins Work in Hawaii: Upcoming Year Scarier Than Ever...

John Terry (aka Dr. Christian Shephard) on the Island?...

Just had a report in from one of my spies on the Island that they have just seen John Terry, who plays Dr. Christian Shephard, on the Island. He was spotted at Kapahulu Starbucks.

More filming updates...

Mira Furlan and L. Scott Caldwell spotted in Hawaii...

Just wanted to send this along to you... A poster called speed3 over at hawaiithreads.com posted that he / she spotted Mira Furlan (Danielle) and L. Scott Caldwell (Rose) having dinner at a shopping center in Hawaii this past Saturday (8 September), which could only mean that we will see Rose and Danielle in some of the first episodes of season 4.

Here is the original post and link:

Hi, new to Hawaii Threads and looking forward to catching a Lost shoot again (last year in Kapuhulu, I saw them film the scene where Christian Shepard and Ana Lucia speak in a car in Australia). Anyway, my wife and I saw L. Scott Caldwell ("Rose") and Mira Furlan ("Danielle") eating dinner at Phuket Thai in the McCully Shopping Center this past Saturday. I spoke briefly with them just to confirm their identities, as I wasn't absolutely sure it was really them ("Danielle" looks a bit different out of character and "Rose" looked a lot younger in person - and it was dark in there).

Jeff Fahey to play Frank Lapidus...

According to documents on the online database used by the production company the character Jeff Fahey is playing is named FRANK LAPIDUS. May be a fake name, but it is used consistently in the casting call sheets, shooting schedule, etc. There are also names for other new characters if interested.

[edit on 11-9-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Filming in Nuuanu Valley - Episode 4-02...

Season 4 Premiere Hurley Centric and info on Jeremy Davies...

Just had confirmation from my source Rebeccah of the following information.

- Jeremy Davies to play character called Daniel Faraday
- Season 4 Premiere is NOT Sawyers as has been mentioned but is in fact Hurley's unless they are shooting out of sequence.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Sawyer, Sayid, Jin, Desmond, Juliet and Hurley spotted on Police Beach...

It seems this writer for Tallahassee.com spotted Josh, Naveen, Daniel, Ian, Elizabeth and Jorge at tent city. Of course there's no clue to what eppy they were filming but since the spotting must have been the 15th or earlier ... chances are it's ep 2 and means that Desmond has made it back to the beach to give Charlie's message to the Losties.

More Photos from Season 4 filming...

A couple more pics betore I have to go into work. The L1011 and Beechcraft at Dillingham are fenced off now, apparently a lot of souvenir hunters have liberated bits and pieces though the condition of the remainder isn't that good.

As regards getting round, we went with Kos tours to visit Kualoa ranch. We actually went gliding up at Dillingham, the guy that ran the centre took us to Mokuliea beach and told us several anecdotes about the original filming there. We treked up the season 2 beach from Hale'iwa. The area is still fenced off and there is security there but we had no interaction with them as we stayed well outside the fence. Eko's church however was completely accessible.

As regards, base camp, the first day we passed we were unable to stop but they were filming down in the open section that runs parallel to the highway. The second day they'd moved further inland and the set up was not visible; there were various folk transporting stuff up to the set and it wasn't worth hanging around just in case really.

Season 4 Premiere is a multi centric episode...

I've had permission and confirmation from a number of very good sources that the Season 4 Premiere of Lost will feature multiple character flashbacks and/or flashforwards. This is something a number of people have speculated about, including myself, due to conflicting nature of the centric episode spoilers for Episode.

We initially thought this was a Sawyer centric episode then I got confirmation that it would definitely feature Hurley, well know it seems that both were correct. So far we can speculate that it will feature Sawyer and Hurley but could also feature other characters.

Tattered Kids and Josh Holloway...

They are here right now as I type this, in my town shooting a scene. Whitmore Village in Wahiawa, There seems to be a lot of activity near down a path leading to a stream area.

They were asking for kids in tattered clothing as extras, Josh Holloway was sighted.

I saw them filming in Whitmore Village yersterday too,TourniquetMan. They were right behind the baseball field. It looked like they might have been filming in a house right there. I didn't see anyone outside, just the big white trailers and the usual signs.

New Roles Announced...

MARK FORRESTER
40's, Male. All Ethnicities. Handsome and cocky. Corporate type.

ARTHUR GALZETHRON
60's, Male. All Ethnicities. President of a coporation.

MELISSA WATERS
40's, Female. All Ethnicities. Attractive. Confident Business woman.

It's Official - Lost Changing to Mondays...

My source at ABC has just informed me that Lost will start again on February 4th 2008, at 8PM on Mondays.

Let's have your thoughts on this.

Terry O'Quinn wins Outstanding Supporting Actor Emmy...

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
New Roles Announced (*Updated*)...

Evangeline Lilly and new man Jeremy Davies (Daniel) on the set...

it looks like kate is talking with a member of naomi's group

Lost Season 4 ABC Commissary...

EDIT:

Matthew Fox and Ken Leung set photos...

another parachutist has landed...

i fear it may soon be time to stop looking at spoilers...

[edit on 19-9-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Libby is Back!...

OK, so technically, the ABC hit isn't bringing Cynthia Watros' short-lived character back from the dead. But Lost executive producer Carlton Cuse confirms to me exclusively that the actress will be playing Hurley's dearly departed sweetheart again this season for multiple episodes, presumably in more of Desmond's flashbacks.

"She'll be in enough of the show for us to fill in the missing pieces of her story," says Cuse. "We could not be more pleased. Cynthia is a smart and engaging actor, and [executive producer] Damon [Lindelof] and I have some very cool parts of her story left to tell."

The Official Lost Podcast - New Podcast this Friday...

Want to talk directly to executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse? Here's your chance. Submit up to three questions (in one post) to the guys, along with your name and phone number below. If selected, Damon and Carlton will call you personally to answer your question! The discussion will be recorded and appear on the next Official Lost Podcast, posting on Friday, September 21.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
New Lost Podcast...

- The flashforward at the end of season 3 is actually the future, it doesn't change.

- Richard Alpert: Droping hints how long he has been on the island in episode 20. They have him "parked" somewhere on the show because of his other projects.

- Will we find out if Kate is pregnant in season 4, March 2008 time, episode 4.

i am particularly happy that what we were shown during the last few seconds of season three is the actual future (that will not change)...

the whole purpose of showing us that scene (in my opinion) was to show the audience the future and not one future...

would it have been such a great scene if it was merely a possible future???

Behind the Scene Set Photo...

Set Report - Episode 2/3 - Sayid Centric?...

I was in downtown Honolulu today (Saturday 9/22) and they were filming Lost. It was suppose to be in Germany. They had snow(shaved ice) all over the road. Some of the security said it was a Jack scene. It was not it was Sayid. There was no dialog I could hear, just naveen crossing the street several times. they only did about 7
takes and wrapped.

After naveen and jack Bender were talking in the street and the crew was throwing snowballs. It was a strange sight to see. Most of the snow/ice was almost melted except where there was a pile of it they used to cover the street.

I got to talk to Jack and Naveen and get a hug from both. They are so nice. I talked to some of the crew i know and then left. don't know the eppi as they said they are shooting so many right now it's hard to keep up with the shows. They are working 6 days a week except Sunday. I don't know if it so they can do season 4 and part
of season 5 or if it's so they cast and crew can have some time off to work on other projects.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Scan of Season 3 DVD Disc 2...

It looks like the lucky people of Brazil have already got their Season 3 DVD's. Here is a scan of Disc 2.

More info on the Commentary on the S3 DVD...

Thanks to sawyerrules for the info/translation of some of the commentary on the S3 DVD which a number of lucky people in Brazil are starting to explore. This is a translation so some may not read that well. It is for Disk 2 I am assuming.

Richard Alpert 400 years old and not returning?...

- As far as he knows he will not return to Lost because of his contract with Cane. However, you never know about television so anything is possible.

- He believes that Richard is indigenous to the island and has been around 400 years or so.

Set report from Hawaii...

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
LOST Returns to the YWCA...

Kate Pregnant? We find out in episode 4...

In Kristin's latest video she says that we find out if Kate is pregnant in Episode 4 and that there will be a small Lost cross-over in an upcoming episode of Chuck.

LOST Symphony Video Montage!...

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Cuse and Lindelof on Walt, Charlie, Jacob and Flashforwards...

Executive producer and co-creator Damon Lindelof said the fourth season will continue "to answer and ask a lot of questions." But, he added, "season four is going to be a whole new show in a lot of ways. We're really excited with what we're doing and hope that it'll offer as many surprises as the finale did."

Among the spoilers Lindelof revealed: "Michael [Harold Perrineau] is coming back. Definitely. As for Walt [Michael's young son, played by Malcolm David Kelley], we've always known Malcolm was going to grow faster than we could shoot the show. And we planned for it. Trust us. Please trust us."

The show's producers have already figured out what they will do with the mysterious character of Jacob, who was introduced at the end of season three. Picking his words carefully, executive producer Carlton Cuse said, "Yes, we do know how Jacob will be depicted. Notice the careful wording of my answer. And no, Jacob did not appear before he was met by Locke." Cuse also declined to say whether an actor had been chosen to portray the character.

Episode 4.05 - Desmond Centric...

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
There was a cool reference to Lost on the new NBC show Chuck on Monday night. For those that don't watch Chuck, the basic premise is that this geeky electronics store worker had a bunch of government secrets downloaded into his brain and some of them emerge when he sees certain images. Anyway, this weeks episode had him viewing a bunch of images in a test and spouting out the secrets. In the middle of this, he says "Oceanic flight 815 was shot down [something garbled]"

Just a neat reference that I thought some of you may be interested in.

top topics

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join