It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Three Discussion...

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Lost Emmy Prospects Looking Bleak...

First of all, for those of you who don't know... I also contribute to the Seattle PI as one of three featured bloggers from BuddyTV. If you're guessing that the title has something to do with the beautiful and mega talented Elizabeth Mitchell being passed over for a supporting actress nomination, you're so right it's frightening. Now, back to Seattle PI... I hate to say I told you so, but as much as I would love for Lost to get some revenge for last years snub, I called this. Why "Lost" Won't Find its Emmy Mojo. Read it and weep. I may be way off on the reasoning, and Thursday morning I may be giving you entirely better news, but the fact is if you are not a fan, a small selection of episodes from the third season are going to be too confusing for you to judge the series, particularly the performances.

Much of the excitement we fans get from the performances is grounded in the connections between the event and how it relates to past episodes. Watching these characters without knowing their history would be just, meh. The Elizabeth Mitchell's performance was great because of where her character went as a whole. Unless you know the nuance, you won't understand just how great a single episode's performance is.

In a contest ruled by an episodic mindset, shows that take their time to build a great story with complex characters simply cannot survive. If this proves anything, it proves that the voters are going for talent that has its "shtick" down. Should we be surprised? Seriously? I mean 24 is practically universally thought to have hit its repetitive, cliched worst this season but it is still expected to nail an Outstanding Drama Series nomination. The fact that it was on the short list is unnerving enough.

Emmy Snub for Elizabeth Mitchell?...

It looks like Elizabeth Mitchell has been snubbed for an Emmy Nomination. Personally the fact that 4 Grey's actors have nominated finally shows to me how really worthless the Emmy's are becoming...What are your thoughts on these?

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Poll says 'Lost' Favored to win Outstanding Drama Emmy...

Zap2it readers are picking Lost to win in the Outstanding Drama Series category at this years Emmy awards. This data comes on the heels of prediction data that says that either Heroes or Lost will get a nomination in the category, but not both. While the race may be tight amongst the actual Emmy voters, entertainment media, and various other armchair Emmy forecasters, there was no contest where Zap2it's readership was concerned.

Indeed, by Zap2it's poll numbers, Heroes wasn't even a close second place. That honor belonged squarely to another freshman show, Friday Night Lights. Lost managed 23.4% of the total votes and edged out Friday Night Lights by a healthy 3.6%. Zap2it did not report who came in third place.

The poll was based off the rumored ten show short lists, which were leaked to TheEnvelope by voters within the Emmy process. Instead of having to choose from five shows like the Emmy judges will, Zap2it readers were able to choose from the entire list.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Season 3 did not reveal why Libby was in the asylum did it?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by g60kg
Season 3 did not reveal why Libby was in the asylum did it?

nope...

here is some interesting stuff, though:

Nestor Carbonell Talks LOST and Cane!...

Thing's are not looking so hot as far as the Richard Alpert mystery is concerned. At the Cane panel this morning, which was part of CBS's press tour, Carbonell was asked if he would be returning to LOST. Carbonell's answer was that he did not know if he would be returning.

Another reporter took a long shot and asked Carbonell if he knew why Alpert hadn't aged. Carbonell said he didn't, but for sure if he did and had said why, Nestor definitely wouldn't have been returning to LOST. So who knows.

One possibility is that, hey, it just wouldn't be right to talk up an ABC show you guest on while you are promoting a CBS show you are a costar on. Carbonell's lack of confirmation could possibly have been just a courtesy to the CBS peeps. On the other hand, it could be completely 100% true. Perhaps Carbonell has not been offered the chance to return. Perhaps the fact that he does not know speaks volumes about where the bulk of season four's action will take place.

Lost game release date 31st August 2007?...

Don't know if this is anything new (ignore me if it isn't) but I noticed while shopping at Play that they have the LOST Game for 360, PS3 and PS2 for preorder with a release date of the 31st August 07:

Play.Com

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I cant wait until they explain how the looney guy knew the numbers I know that will be a good story, he was probably an ex dharma employee but lets let the professionals put their spin on it

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   

I cant wait until they explain how the looney guy knew the numbers

I think they already covered it. I believe the mom told Hurley that her son had been in the military, where he and his submarine crew heard a radio signal come in where the numbers were being repeated. That signal was shown to be the one Rousou had been playing over and over again.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

I cant wait until they explain how the looney guy knew the numbers

I think they already covered it. I believe the mom told Hurley that her son had been in the military, where he and his submarine crew heard a radio signal come in where the numbers were being repeated. That signal was shown to be the one Rousou had been playing over and over again.

Hold on youve totally lost me. whose son had been in the military? and when did they cover this (S0?E?) How did I miss this I am an absolute LOST NUT

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Hold on youve totally lost me. whose son had been in the military? and when did they cover this (S0?E?) How did I miss this I am an absolute LOST NUT

The looney guy's mother and Hurley had a brief chat while one afternoon while Hurley was in the looney bin. This was the same episode where we saw Libby as a patient there for a brief second as well.

I believe it was in "Dave" is the eighteenth episode of Season.

In that episode Hurley is beaten at a Connect Four game by Leonard Simms, who is the looney guy you refer too.

From LOSTpedia:

Leonard Simms was a U.S. naval officer before and/or during 1988. He was stationed in the South Pacific at a government listening post monitoring longwave radio transmission. He was stationed with his partner and friend, Sam Toomey

In 1988, the station picked up a transmission consisting of the Numbers repeating on a loop. (Rousseau and her science team picked up the same transmission around the same time.) The Numbers stayed with Leonard, and soon he and Sam believed them to be cursed, after they were plagued with constant bad luck directed at their friends after using them. It drove Sam to suicide, and Leonard to insanity.

Hope that fills you in.

[edit on 19-7-2007 by The Big O]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
ok that sounds a bit familiar...maybe I wasnt paying enough attention, was that season 2 episode 18?

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   

... was that season 2 episode 18?

Yeah it was.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Im going to re-visit that episode thanks for that

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Congratulations LOST!...

Lost scored many well deserved Emmy nominations this morning, one resulting in a showdown that easily rivals the Sayid Vs. Locke nominations of season one. (Bet you can't guess what it is.)

Yes, Lost was shut out again from the major categories. Which of course means the guy who said I'm never right now owes me an apology. (Can't tell you how bad it feels to be right about this.)

But we won't talk about that now. This is the time to celebrate! Here is the list of the super duper talented geniuses that got much deserved recognition. We'll discuss the other side to this morning's announcements a little later.

Lost Emmy Snub: The Death of Imagination...

It is hard to both praise a show for its success, and alternately trash the platform it has succeeded on. Unfortunately, that is what needs to happen with the Emmys.

I’m not into the diatribe about the politics of Emmy nominating, voting rules, and all that trivia. What I see is a total lack of imagination, and a sad inability for a panel that should be comprised of the experts of judging good craft to recognize craft on a level that is not just “Outstanding” but “Extraordinary.”

Somewhere, in the comments down below, I made the preemptive statement that I wasn’t sure there was an award prestigious enough to celebrate what Lost has accomplished. This morning proved at least one award is not up to the task.

Only Emerson/O'Quinn representing Lost in the main Emmy categories...

No Fox for Actor and no Lost for best Drama and as we wrote the other day, no Elizabeth Mitchell... vent your anger here
Let's hope Michael or Terry can bring home a prize.

Lost picks up picks up six Emmy nominations...

Evangeline Lilly Interview...

here is something both very cool and interesting: Live Lost and Get Lost with Carl...

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Why the Lost Snub isn't so bad afterall...

What difference a day makes. I'll admit, I started the day as pessimistic as ever about the state of the Emmy awards and what the lack of nominations said about the place for intelligent and challenging concepts. Then a voice of reason spoke to me (by email, reason does get around on the world wide web these days), and while I challenged the assertion that I was 'looking at it all wrong' at first, I can now say that I am in an entirely different head-space.

The fact is, the momentum most of us felt going into the Emmy nominations was from the last half of the third season. Even though it was a long time ago, if we rewind to the beginning we will find an entirely different debate about Lost raging. The debate often carried the cliche "Has Lost lost it?"

In those days, we die hards were either feigning contentment, or were goading the criticism with half baked excuses or pleas to just 'let it hit its stride.' But the reality is, whether you loved it or hated it, Lost suffered both with critics and fans alike in the beginning of this season.

A more realistic date for the Lost game release...

Thanks to Josh for the link below which seems to indicate a release date of 12th October 2007 in the UK.

www.lostie.org.uk...

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The Last LOST Emmy Post (I swear!)...

This is less a rehash of the whole Emmy thing than a shameless plug. Before my change of heart, which I owe to one of my good friends out there in Hollywood lands, my 'snub' comments caught the attention of the news editors at AOL. So you can now see me flapping my gums amongst the blogging elite in this article on AOL. The piece also contains some great commentary on other shows that were snubbed as well as a few more pieces on the Lost snub, so it is well worth checking out.

On other matters, don't forget that this week we will have live blogging from Comic-Con as well as an audio interview with the one and only Lost Ninja!

Also, any day now I will be bring you an exclusive interview with yet another Lost on screen personality. Don't forget that the ABC press tour is also this week, so there may or may not be some new news regarding Lost's time slot. I'm thinking there will confirmation of Lost's new time slot. We'll see.

Hello brotha's...

As you know, DocArtz has mentioned there will be live blogging happening from the lost panel at Comic-Con on Thursday. What you didn't know is who would be reporting to you, the faithful lost fans; well have no fear your answer is in this post!

I, Andrew, will be the one who is sending you an up to the minute report about any and all happenings that occur at the event. Last year I covered the event on my own as well as for a few websites for TLE, my handle used throughout the experience was Tapdawg. Similar to last year, I plan to not only cover the panel for lost, but I will also be scanning the show rooms for new lost toys, games and memorabilia. On Friday or Saturday I will post pictures of what I was able to find.

I wanted to write this post to all of you for a few reasons: I am using my iphone and wanted to make sure it would work before I went down to San Diego, I also wanted to introduce myself to you, and finally I wanted to get you comments on what you'd like to see or read about in regards to lost at Comic-Con and lost in general. Please let me know in the comments below.

i have a feeling that we are going to be pleased with the amount of information that we receive from comic-con...

Doc Encounters Ethan Rom (William Mapother), and Lives to Tell About it!...

As Ethan Rom on Lost, William Mapother has had to run the gambit from friendly neighbor who helps out with the plumbing, to Claire stalking mystery man with a goose-bump inducing steely glare. One of two 'Others' to be embedded as faux survivors at both crash sites, Ethan faired no better than his counterpart Goodwin when Charlie shot him to death shortly after he was captured. This hasn't stopped Ethan from returning to show, sans tres creepy behavior, as Lost's most active deceased character.

Like the regulars on Lost, William has to work most of his appearances on the show with little information on the history - or even the future - of the nebulous Mr. Rom.

Through sheer luck, and a helpful friend, I had the opportunity to throw a few questions - including one concerning the long rumored cut Ethan Vs. Locke fight - at William who was good enough to give us a peek into the anatomy of the mysterious Ethan Rom.

ABC Press Tour Begins - Michael Returns!...

ABC's press tour kicked off today and started out with Stephen McPherson saying that some major Lost news was coming... at Comic Con. Luckily, the reporters pounced on McPherson, calling him a fanboy lover (okay I made that up), until he rescued from the wings by a mystery woman (no word on whether she was in black leather or not) who gave him the okay directly from Carlton and Damon to let loose one nugget of information. Harold Perrineau is definitely rejoining the cast.

Of course, that confirmation just opens millions of new questions: Will he be on the island? In the flash forwards? Is he a spirit? Did Naomi's people capture him? As long as Walt also returns so we don't have to listen to him pine for him incessantly - not a highlight of Harold's otherwise stellar performances - it's all good!

Source - TV Guide (Michael Ausiello)

McFarlane Toys LOST Series 2 Action Figures...

Thanks to Mike for providing us with the first look at the complete boxed set of each of the new McFarlane Toys LOST Series 2 Action Figures.

Is Lost getting a Blue-Ray release?...

Amazon have a curious page for the LOST Season 3 DVD which seems to indicate that there will be Lost Blue-Ray version of the DVD. It was originally believed that no Blue-Ray would be released.

Flashforwards, Flashbacks and Neither...

Thanks to Killerbob for finding this article written in French. One spoiler to note with dubious French->English translation.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I've Arrived!...

Hi everyone, Tapdawg here! It is 7:30 here in San Diego and it is already looking like it will be a busy day. The convention center is roughly a mile in length and the line for pre-registered people already is around the corner of the building... Some people have been waiting here all night to be one of the first to see all that will be offered at this years Comic-Con.

The doors for pre-registered guests opens in 2 hours and I probably can start searching the floors around 10:30 or 11:00. When I find out any lost information I will pass it on to you, but remember that the lost panel will not be until 5:00 pm PST.

DocArtz is setting up a special feed for later so make sure to look for him to post information about that in the next few hours. Until then, enjoy waiting for new news!

Comic-Con 2007 - Lost Panel is Tonight...

Don't forget to check out our live coverage of Comic-Con tonight over at the Live Lost section. We have 10+ bloggers who will be providing live updates, photos and news from the event as it happens. Fingers crossed that all the technology holds together

We also hope to provide Audio and Video after the event which may include the rumoured first look at the Lost Mobisodes.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Is 'Lost: The Complete Third Season' Coming to Blu-Ray?...

Not that Lost fans haven't grown accustomed to conflicting reports concerning plotlines & character development before, but now the misinformation campaign seems to have extended itself to the release of the upcoming Season 3 DVD set.

For months there have been rumours of a Blu-Ray version of "Lost: The Complete Third Season" making its way onto shelves and online stores. A quick look into the search engines, however, will only serve to raise your hopes for such a snag and then just as quickly quash them. As recently as May 31st, one website (www.highdefdigest.com) reports that an executive from Disney Home Entertainment has said that the set will definitely NOT make it to Blu-Ray. Our own DocArzt, on the other hand, has written an article citing that as of July 26th, Amazon.com has begun taking pre-orders for this last season's Blu-Ray release on December 11th of this year.

So which is it?

Comic-Con is ON! RSS Is Live!...

I have temporarily suspended the Feedburner feed and put the sites RSS on LIVE! So if you want to receive lost updates in real time throughout the day, simple subscribe to:

www.thetailsection.com...

Don't forget, in addition to my man on the scene, TopDawg, we will have first reactions from the deadliest blogger in the world, The Lost Ninja! I also expect to be catching up with 'Finding Lost' author Nikki Stafford in the very near future to get her feelings on the announcements made today!

don't forget to check out buddytv's comic-con page...

ABC's HD Streaming Has Arrived...

It's been a while since the last post, but for good reason! Since we added Vista support, the team has been hard at work on enhancements to the player to improve things like compatibility (across all supported platforms), playback stability, video quality, etc.

But the improvement we're most excited about is the addition of the new HD channel! It's currently a beta release and there are some minimum computer requirements you'll need to satisfy to get the best experience (those requirements are listed in the player). But, if you do, the quality is really superb and hopefully it's a big enough sampling of your favorite shows to keep you excited as we wait for the new Fall season (there are some really cool new shows on the way).

As always, please submit Feedback and let us know how we're doing. We're definitely listening.

Ubisoft Finds 'Lost' at Comic-Con...

Don't forget to check in with our Comic-Con reporters over at the Live Lost section who will hopefully bring us more on the game.

Leaked footage of Lost Game...

Thanks to XYZ we have footage of the Lost Game that will be previewed at Comic-Con.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Lost Video Game from UBISoft Revealed...

Can't make it to Comic-Con? Don't worry, here is part of what you won't be able to see in person at the Lost Comic-Con panel this afternoon, the trailer for the LOST Video Game! The footage drifted in last night from my man in Canada, code name 'Hoser'. The game looks very good! 'Hoser' tells me there will be some more in-game footage shown at Comic-Con, but this should give you a taste!

JJ Abrams' "Monstrous" Sighted at Comic Con!...

J.J Abrams mysterious monster film known as Clover, Cloverfield, Slusho, and 1-18-08, has been spotted in high-resolution goodness at Comic Con! Curiously, this is the same poster which bore the title "Monstrous" in some hazy camera phone pics, but it does not carry that title! Hmmmm.

Pre-Coverage...

Hey guys, Tapdawg here!

We were just let in a few minutes ago and I got a first row seat. The room itself sits around 1500 to 2000 people and I'd say there are already 600 or more people in the room. The buzz in the room is already growing and I can't even tell you how many losties I've seen wearing Dharma logo shirts and outfits. Only another 90 minutes before the panel begins!

The Tailsection LIVE Comic-Con Update Post!...

Here it is folks! Your primary gateway into all the Comic-Con action as it unfolds! Our man in the center is the one and only Tapdawg! Later this afternoon we should be talking with the most dangerous Lost blogger on the planet, the Lost Ninja! Unfortunately, my audio crew has not checked in so no guarantees there, but we will definitely have images and perhaps some video as the even rolls on!

As you know, we are also covering the entire event over at BuddyTV and have a forum going there at forums.buddytv.com... I'll be watching the comments here prepared to geek out right along with you guys as Tapdawg brings us the big news live, as it goes down. The Lost Panel begins in about three hours. In the meantime, as Tapdawg - or anyone else - posts in this thread, the index will update automatically with links to the latest articles!

here is the livelost page on the darkufo.blogspot.com site (keep hitting your browser's "refresh" button to view the updates)...

[edit on 26-7-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Wow! I shouldn't judge it so soon, but the game doesn't look too good, judging from the trailer.

It looks like it's going to be a puzzle game (Locke's character), a "out run the monster" game (Jack's), and probably a "try to get everyone to like you and calm down" game from Hurley's side.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Lost Co-Creators Unveil Two Spocks and Kill 'Monsterous' Rumor...

Non-Lost, but not so non-Lost I shouldn't report it! My compadre Oscar Dahl is covering the entire Comic-Con for BuddyTV and chimed in with some words on Lindelof and Abram's appearance at the Paramount panel.

Zachary Quinto AND Leonard Nimoy will both appear as Spock in the new movie which is being co-produced by Abrams and Lindelof, and directed by Abrams. Nimoy said the script was, quote, "Awesome," without even blinking an eye. Creepy.

Cloverfield is not titled 'Monstrous,' and the title is not lurking around waiting to be discovered. So sorry for getting you all excited.

Live at Comic-Con!...

Tapdawg on the scene, just moments away from beginning the lost panel. I'll keep you updated by a minute to minute report. I'll be putting timestamps on each of these pieces of news so you can know when we find out what we find out.

:35 ben was caught accidentally and well see why soon

:39 getting off the island is not the end

here is some stuff from livelost.blogspot.com:

Thursday, July 26, 2007

They claim, probably lying, that harold coming back was always.part of the plan.

Michael will probably have a redemptive story...harold is rejoining
the regular cast in early season 4

and:

Flashbacks got old because ran out of revelatory info...that was
impetus for flashforwards.

The scene with kate and jack is not the end...there is an entire
chapter that will occur after they are off the island presented in
flashforward

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
from livelost.blogspot.com:

Q; what about libby????

A: ot is there intention to get to her story...theory that libby was
dharma is not "barking up the wrong tree"

Q: rousseau flashback?

A: at some point in season 4-5 but needs to synch with story.

New Dharma station! Called The...

New Dharma station! Called The Orchid! Showed a video of Candle filming an orientation film. Said the station is not a botanical

and (from the livelost page):

Q: monster?
A: radsinksky drew the map, referred to monster as cerberus.

What the monster is, where it comes from will be revealed...but some
mysteries are never going to be revealed because "that's life"

DHARMA REVEAL: PIECE OF FILM "DISCOVERED IN NORWAY" IS SHOWN...IT IS
WICKMAN WITH RABBIT MARKED "15"...a new orientation film for "station
six orchid." He apologizes for instructing the viewer to deceive
their family as to the nature of the research - it is not botanical.
He is holding a rabbit marked 15, and another is on a shelf marked
16...wickman calls himself edward allawitz....then things start
falling, camera pans on rabbit, implying that the rabbits are the
cause of building shakes and light breaking. End.

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join