It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Three Discussion...

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
This will SOOOOOOOO help the writers and producers better pace the series.

I have a feeling that these final three seasons will feel like the best.

It's always easier to write with a knowledge of when the end is, than writing without it.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Return of the kids...

Twelve-year-old Kiersten Havelock of Mililani gets her share of stares from "Lost" fans who recognize her as the kidnapped tail-section kid Emma from the hit ABC series.

As does her onscreen brother Mickey Graue, 10, who plays Zack. In fact, both have been practicing their autographs and can be sure they'll be even more familiar to fans after they appear in episodes tonight and next week.

"We went to the grocery store and someone in back of us was pointing at me. My mom said she heard them whisper that they saw me on 'Lost,' " said Havelock, a student at Mililani Middle School.

The Hugo Cup reaches its climax...

The Hugo Cup has now posted its final five nominations. For those who don't know, the Hugo Cup is essentially an annual award given to a Lost site in recognition of the service they provide to fans worldwide. Unlike last year, however, the final decision this time is down to you, the fan, to vote for which website you think is the most valuable Lost resource.

The nominees are (puts on Oscars voice):
*Lost-media
*Lostpedia
*Sledgeweb's LOST stuff
*DarkUFO
*The Tail Section

don't forget to vote now...

as of now, lostpedia.com is winning with 146 votes out of a total of 189 votes...

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
FYI, The Hugo Cup is brought to you by my favorite LOST podcast, JayandJack.com.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Big O
FYI, The Hugo Cup is brought to you by my favorite LOST podcast, JayandJack.com.

yupp, yupp and yupp...

i voted for lostpedia (it was a hard choice, i like all of the final five sites)...

did you vote???

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Hello Lost Fans, I've been reading and enjoying everyone's insight into the show, but it's my first time posting on this thread!!! I must say, I'm truly excited to learn that there will be an end to the show and when that end is, but I'm truly dissapointed that we have to wait 8 months between seasons!!! That totally sucks, but I guess it is better than a short break mid-season!!!! At least we have a couple more episodes left this season before we have to wait.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vinadetta
Hello Lost Fans, I've been reading and enjoying everyone's insight into the show, but it's my first time posting on this thread!!!

I must say, I'm truly excited to learn that there will be an end to the show and when that end is, but I'm truly dissapointed that we have to wait 8 months between seasons!!!

i am depressed that 'lost' will now only be on for about 4 months a year (february to may)...

and 16 episodes a season is going to be a new experience for us all...

well, at least there will not be three jack flashbacks a season now

yes, the producers will have to wisely choose which characters get flashbacks from now on...

hopefully, we will see one flashback for each major character each year and nothing more...

here is another link about this news:

ABC GIVES VIEWERS 48 MORE ORIGINAL EPISODES OF THE HIT DRAMA "LOST," CULMINATING IN AN EXCITING SERIES CONCLUSION...

Starting with the 2007-08 season, ABC will begin airing the 48 remaining original episodes of the hit drama "Lost," it was announced today by Stephen McPherson, president, ABC Entertainment. The episodes will air uninterrupted over three seasons (16 episodes each season), with the series concluding in 2009-10 with a highly anticipated and shocking finale.

"In considering the powerful storytelling of 'Lost,' we felt this was the only way to give it a proper creative conclusion," said McPherson. "I always said that we would allow the series to grow and give viewers the most compelling hour possible. And, due to the unique nature of the series, we knew it would require an end date to keep the integrity and strength of the show consistent throughout, and to give the audience the payoff they deserve. "

"Additionally," said McPherson, "having Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse signed on to complete the journey of this show was critical to me and the network. Damon and Carlton have tremendous talent, and we're thrilled that they'll be with the show throughout its run."

and here are some additional facts about the ratings and all of that:

"Lost" premiered September 22, 2004 and soon became the most talked-about new show of the season, with a never-before-seen storyline that spawned water-cooler talk and blogs galore. In its premiere season "Lost" was the No. 1 scripted series on Wednesday night with Total Viewers and Adults 18-49. On average "Lost" delivered the highest Adult 18-49 rating for any 8:00 p.m. drama on any network in seven years.

For the second season in a row, "Lost" stood as the No. 1 scripted TV program on Wednesday night during the season in Total Viewers and Adults 18-49. It also ranked No.1 in its hour among Total Viewers and Adults 18-49 (tied w/Fox), regularly competing with Fox's "American Idol" results show during its first half-hour. Despite the "Idol" competition, "Lost" retained nearly all of its overall viewers from the same point the previous season, and actually grew 11% with Adults 18-49. The sophomore ABC drama was the No.1 scripted program on the evening among Adults 18-49 in all 22 of its original telecasts, and qualified as ABC's most-watched series in the time period in nine years.

"Lost" has ranked No. 1 in its time period with Adults 18-49 for the third season in a row, and is the No. 1 10:00 p.m. series on any network with Adults 18-49. It is the most recorded show on TV, gaining 18% more Total Viewers through "time-shifted" (TiVo/DVR) viewing. On average in its 10 o'clock time period, Nielsen reports 2.1 million additional viewers watch the show after its live broadcast. On top of Nielsen's reported numbers, millions more viewers watch "Lost" episodes through "place-shifted" viewing via streaming replays on ABC.com, iPod downloads and DVDs.

[edit on 7-5-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Well now that there is an end is sight, I do have raise the UNFORTUNATE possibility that ABC might attempt a spin off of the show. Granted I would love to see the show with a solid ending and then nothing more, but I'm curious to learn your opinions and ideas of what a spin off would be and what would it look like.

Now, I can't stand spin off's and feel that they destroy the integrity of any show, but one idea that I had would be with Dharma. Now this could be half way decent as long as they didn't include any of the original cast. It could be about how Dharma came about, it's history and objectives. Just a little mind candy to keep us thinking.

Thoughts and ideas anyone?

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Now, I can't stand spin off's and feel that they destroy the integrity of any show, but one idea that I had would be with Dharma. Now this could be half way decent as long as they didn't include any of the original cast. It could be about how Dharma came about, it's history and objectives. Just a little mind candy to keep us thinking.

i think we are going to get our fair share of the history behind dharma in this week's episode...

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Vinadetta, I believe if a spin off takes place it will have to be about retracing the happenings of the Nazis from Germany to Antartica. The tip off was the old style submarine that was blown up on the other island. The Germans had submarine and military bases on and underground in Antartica during WWII and rumors the Nazis still exist underground today.

The islands I always believed in Lost were off the coast of Antartica between South America and Antartica. Yes I know it was filmed in Hawaii but Dharma to me was a spin off of Nazi Germany secrets from the beginning and the French nuclear testing in the South Pacific. A Polar bear on a tropical island?

Yes I know alot of strange things go on about the Islands in Lost. To me it is about the after effects of nuclear testing on the islands because of all the strange creatures, black cloud entities and also the effects the testing had on humans.

I believe Dharma was about guinea pigs we call humans in concrete underground bunkers and how they copped and survived nuclear warhead testing during and after blasts on these 2 islands. These nuclear devices were either detinated from a platform or underground on the island. The 1st island was ground zero and the 2nd island is where the scientist, workers and observers lived.

The frenchman takes the sailboat and sails in a circle back from where he started because of the magnetism of the area around the islands being reversed and effecting the frenchmans compass due to hydrogen bomb blasts in the past. How about the four toed humanoid statue on the shoreline of the 2nd island this humanoid monument reflected the image of birth defects of the descendents from nuclear warhead testing.

I could ramble on and on what I think about Lost but does not mean it is correct, but I gave you my thoughts of a spin off. Rik Riley

[edit on 7-5-2007 by rikriley]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
One thing I was wondering about is Ben's statement, where he said he has been on the island his entire life. Since we know babies can't be conceived on the island, would this mean that his parents were not actual natives of the island, and that they came there, while his mom was pregnant, and give birth to him? Could his parents possibly be Adam and Eve (from the skeletons in the cave)?

Seeing as how babies can't be conceived on the island, all of the "others" must be people who were kidnapped, or forced to live on the island (just like Juliet). Maybe there is no such thing as the hostiles, but rather everyone who has ever appeared on the island was brought there from a previous "other" group, through history.

Maybe the slave ship wasn't a slave ship, but rather a boat used during the 18-19th century used to bring new "others" to the island, against their will.

And the security system may be the lost spirtis/souls of the people who have died on the island, which would explain how dead people keep re-appearing on the island.

Maybe the current "Other" group is selecting the good guys from the Losties' camp, and weeding out the bad ones, so that they can prepare them to be the next "Other" group, and continue the process so on and so on, to the end of time.

[edit on 7-5-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
did you vote???

Yes sir.

Lostpedia as well.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I don't think a spin off is likely, or would make sense.

I have a feeling that when LOST is done, it will feel complete, and there won't be a need for a spinoff.

However, there have been some great characters introduced, and I think enough of them would very well make it in a cross over to the big screen for a two hour movie.

Desmond and Penelope could serve that purpose very well. When all is said and done they sail the world, and somehow wind up on this crazy adventure.

Or Jack, tries to return to normal, opens up an office, and gets pulled back into some conspiracy.

Who knows. Obviously it all depends on how things shape up, who dies, who lives, etc.

Honestly, when this is done I'd rather them leave it finished. This show is going to be a historical marker for when TV changed, and ten years from now we're going to look back and be proud we were part of it.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Ok, so I've been doing some research on some other threads here on this board and I came across this thread about Drugs and God, and learned something new that could totally play into the LOST series. Please excuse me if this has been mentioned here on this thread before. Anyways, here is what I found.

Christianity can trace its origins to the Essene mushroom cults, as well as spiritual usage of the acacia tree, species of which are native the holy lands. The romans would crucify christians to send a clear if not mocking message to other christians, the cuneform symbol of the cross represented a mushroom.
Another interesting thing to note in reference to eastern philosophy is that all the chakras of the body are located exactly in the same locations as the major glands of the human endocrine system, the center of consciousness, even in western cultures as early as ancient greece has been assosciated with the pineal gland.
It is known that strong magnetic fields can induce hallucinations as well, while the more subtle relationship between natural magnetic fields and neurotransmitters (which I think goes along way towards explaining your 'gut' feelings when you meet someone due the interactions of the bioelectrical magnetic fields), the research is damn hard to come by because in part by the negative connotations of assosciated with the tryptamines in recreational usages, however I did manage to find a few discussions related to this, a brief one here...
paranormal.se...

Anyways, I think that the flash backs that the survivors are having is some type of a hallucingenic being caused by the the magnetic fields. Just something fun to think about and consider.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley
I could ramble on and on what I think about Lost but does not mean it is correct, but I gave you my thoughts of a spin off. Rik Riley

[edit on 7-5-2007 by rikriley]

thanks for sharing

Originally posted by DJMessiah
One thing I was wondering about is Ben's statement, where he said he has been on the island his entire life. Since we know babies can't be conceived on the island, would this mean that his parents were not actual natives of the island, and that they came there, while his mom was pregnant, and give birth to him? Could his parents possibly be Adam and Eve (from the skeletons in the cave)?

i got the impression that the problem with births was a recent problem...

Maybe the slave ship wasn't a slave ship, but rather a boat used during the 18-19th century used to bring new "others" to the island, against their will.

this could be, but i think that hanso used the slaves to mine the island for whatever was desirable to him...

I have a feeling that when LOST is done, it will feel complete, and there won't be a need for a spinoff.

i hope that this is the case for me...

Anyways, I think that the flash backs that the survivors are having is some type of a hallucingenic being caused by the the magnetic fields. Just something fun to think about and consider.

this is interesting...

i think it was confirmed that, when the losties have flashbacks, they (the flashbacks) are not what the losties are thinking about at that particular time...

thus, the flashbacks are just a narrative device...

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   

i think it was confirmed that, when the losties have flashbacks, they (the flashbacks) are not what the losties are thinking about at that particular time...

You are most likely correct. It is more likely that the fact that they are seeing dead people, (Jacks Dad), (Hurley's friend) (Eko's Brother) and others that those hallucinations could be caused by the magnetic field.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
here is a nice little piece of information:

emily, a character appearing in tonight's episode, will be portrayed by michael emerson's wife...

emerson, for those that don't know, is the actor that plays ben...

it must be nice to work with your wife on a great television show such as 'lost'...

here is a link to where i got this information from:

linky...

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
what the hell did ben do

i had no idea that was going to happen :bnghd:

poor locke...

i have a feeling that the island (or jacob) will heal him, though...

and what exactly is jacob???

i thought that ben was going to tell locke that jacob really didn't exist...

i hope that jacob isn't a ghost

and i loved the way ben and the original inhabitants of the island took over...

great episode!!!

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Awesome episode!!! I wonder if Locke survives or dies. I hope Jacob does help him some how, cause after that, I don't think Locke will have a problem killing Ben. I'm wondering what Jacob was asking help about. And why was Ben so pissed at Locke for hearing Jacob?

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I did a slow mo during the scene in the cabin. There was a figure sitting on the chair for a few frames. He appeared to have the same type of garments the original inhabitants had on, long hair, and a very round forehead.

As for "Help Me," whomever this Jacob is, he's being controlled by Ben, or at least kept in control. The gray dirt is a boundary. That keeps Jacob right where he wants him.

Good thing Locke and Wolverine share some of the same DNA, because he's going to need ALL of that mutant healing ability right now.

I've got a ten spot Russo saves him. Any takers?

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
Awesome episode!!! I wonder if Locke survives or dies.

i think he will be saved...

And why was Ben so pissed at Locke for hearing Jacob?

i think ben is jealous of locke...

the island (or jacob) healed locke...

also, i believe, ben thought that he was the only one able to experience jacob (thus, the two shared a special relationship)...

but now locke has heard jacob and this has made ben really angry...

I did a slow mo during the scene in the cabin. There was a figure sitting on the chair for a few frames. He appeared to have the same type of garments the original inhabitants had on, long hair, and a very round forehead.

awesome observation!!!

As for "Help Me," whomever this Jacob is, he's being controlled by Ben, or at least kept in control. The gray dirt is a boundary. That keeps Jacob right where he wants him.

i never thought about that...

actually, i thought that dirt was gun powder...

Good thing Locke and Wolverine share some of the same DNA, because he's going to need ALL of that mutant healing ability right now.

yupp...

I've got a ten spot Russo saves him. Any takers?

i don't know...

although its very possible, i don't think that this will happen...

it would be great if locke simply showed up again (just as mikhail did)...

thus, the island / jacob will be responsible for his return...

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join