It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Three Discussion...

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Naomi is speaking in a British accent. Her actress is even born in England, so I think she's speaking in her normal voice.

From the preview video of the next episode, you can clearly see that Dr. Wickmund is standing in an area that looks very similar to the housing facility the others were using, when holding Jack. I think Wickmund may actually be on the island, and if alive, the true leader of the Others.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
Naomi is speaking in a British accent. Her actress is even born in England, so I think she's speaking in her normal voice.

That has no impact in where she's from in LOST. Fact is, her "company" also had two guys hanging out in the arctic speaking Portuguese, are they British too?

Maybe her English teacher was from the UK?

While you're probably right, I'm not willing to say for certain that she's, in fact, from the UK.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Naomi is definitely English. I accept that she may not be of English descent, but she is English born and bred. Her accent is impeccable (its exactly the same as Penny's).
Speaking as an Englishman myself, I recognise it absolutely. She may be Portuguese but she was born or raised in England.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
This show has me so screwed up I'm not placeing a single bet on who is where or what is happening until they finally cancel the show.

All I can add at this point is it plays better on my computer than on my tv. Maybe it's because it's digital, I don't know. I watch it on the tele and it looks pretty good. Later on I re-watch the episode on my computer and I can count every freckle on "Freckles" face. The show just looks so much more clear and perfect on the computer screen.

That said, I keep wondering if the juice Juliet drank killed her. Everyone else on the island seems to be dead, or appears that way....

No, No......screw it......

God I love this show.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Maybe it's because it's digital, I don't know. I watch it on the tele and it looks pretty good. Later on I re-watch the episode on my computer and I can count every freckle on "Freckles" face.

It's called 1080i HDTV. Learn it. Live it. Love it.

It's the only way one should look at, well, anything on Freckles body.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
From the preview video of the next episode, you can clearly see that Dr. Wickmund is standing in an area that looks very similar to the housing facility the others were using, when holding Jack. I think Wickmund may actually be on the island, and if alive, the true leader of the Others.

yupp...

as this looks like another orientation film, one could make the argument that "the line" logo is for the "utopian social-" study mentioned in the swan orientation film...

i doubt that candle is the leader of the others, though...

Originally posted by mrwupy
This show has me so screwed up I'm not placeing a single bet on who is where or what is happening until they finally cancel the show.

this show will never be canceled (i am under the impression that only sucky shows get canceled)...

it will either end when its supposed to (when the creators want it to end) or when abc wants it to end...

I watch it on the tele and it looks pretty good. Later on I re-watch the episode on my computer and I can count every freckle on "Freckles" face.

this is what i do (but i don't count her freckles)...

That said, I keep wondering if the juice Juliet drank killed her. Everyone else on the island seems to be dead, or appears that way....

no way...

Originally posted by The Big O
It's called 1080i HDTV. Learn it. Live it. Love it.

do you have one???

if so, you are lucky...

It's the only way one should look at, well, anything on Freckles body.

and, again i joke, aren't you getting married

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
do you have one???

Indeed I do friend. It's not even a fancy one. 48" Panasonic rear projection CRT. Old school tech, but it sure looks nice. Best thing extra financial aid money ever bought.

Gonna upgrade to a flat panel this winter though. My current tele is a big big, and limits what I can do in the media room.

and, again i joke, aren't you getting married

24 days and counting. If she can watch Mc. Dreamy and whatnot on Grey's I can watch my LOST Girls.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   

24 days and counting. If she can watch Mc. Dreamy and whatnot on Grey's I can watch my LOST Girls.

that's fair

i wished my girlfriend watches 'lost'...

does your fiance watch???

[edit on 3-5-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   

does your fiance watch???

Pshaw! She says "I'm not watching that stupid show."

Interestingly enough, anything I happen to watch on TV qualifies as a "stupid show" to her.

I think it's her attention span.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Pshaw! She says "I'm not watching that stupid show."

my girlfriend hates 'lost' because i always kick her off the phone when it is on...

actually, i watched two episodes with her (but she didn't like it and it was hard for her to watch because she didn't follow the show from its beginning)...

and here are some screen-caps from the preview:

linky...

[edit on 4-5-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
You think that's bad? I let my friend borrow season 1, and after watching 10 minutes of the first episode, she said she didn't like the show and didn't want to see the rest.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Yeah...well, here's a picture from our latest Land's End catalog shoot.

She drives me crazy, but I love her.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
(Updated!) Breaking News: Major Changes Ahead for Lost...

My E! Online partner in crime Marc Malkin just announced in his column, Planet Gossip, that ABC is set to announce that Lost will end production after two more seasons.

Here's what I can tell you. I just spoke to insiders at ABC and they tell me the network and producers have reached a decision on an end date and they are expected to announce it very soon. This is meant to be a good thing, because now the producers finally can start mapping out the remaining episodes and rolling out some of the major reveals and answers we fans have been waiting for.

According to sources, ABC is planning to push back Lost's return date to January of next year in order to air new episodes back-to-back, and it is also "extremely likely" that Lost will change time slots next season.

and then there was this update:

Since this story launched earlier today, I have been hearing from multiple sources inside ABC that the story is "more complex" than what was originally reported by my colleague Marc Malkin in E! Online's Planet Gossip.

According to these sources, ABC will be making an announcement declaring an end date for Lost very soon. However, the exact number of remaining episodes and seasons is still muddy—and might not be exactly two seasons.

The good news? You don't have to wait long. I'm told the announcement will be made within the next few days.

and feast your eyes on this:

Still, the biggest change may be that massive, mind-blowing, cast-related "game-changer" I keep hinting about—to which I am sworn to secrecy, for it is that big—which is revealed in the season finale. (I cannot wait for you to see it.)

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
LOST to Announce New Time Slot and End Date...

The first was the time slot. Both men agreed that while the time slot had allowed them to be a little more risqué with their on screen sex and violence, it had ultimately degraded the family viewing experience and was not doubt responsible for the dip in ratings. It was a safe bet, according to Cuse, that the show would be changing its air day and time and that an announcement would come soon. While there was no indication as to where LOST might end up

Cuse and Lindelof also addressed the matter of just when the big questions would be answered and came back with an intriguing proposition. At this very moment, the LOST production crew is negotiating with ABC to set an end date for the series and that end date will be announced soon. They did not say when, but ABC is scheduled to chime in on the final line up for the 2007/2008 season sometime around May 15th, so it is safe to assume that the announcement of just how many episodes of LOST remain will be made at that time.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The producers have mentioned in various press clippings that it would be tough to lengthen the show past another two or three seasons and keep it compelling anyway, so i don't see this "official announcement" as much of a surprise. I don't see this as any type of failure. Fact is, as I said before, American TV audiences need to get used to serial drama's that only last a few seasons. It makes the show better, allowing the writers and producers, knowledge of a definite start and end date, which in turn allows them to properly pace events to occur at the right pace, and to not drag things out and be forced to fill space with character developement, and misc development, about people and things the audience other wise doesn't care about.

The season finale cast thing has my interest though. I look forward to seeing a major shake up as the second act of the series comes to a close. I think this will be the revelation of who "Jacob" is.

Anyone else placing bets on who it is?

[edit on 5-5-2007 by The Big O]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The Sci-Fi 25 ('Lost' number 11)...

A mysterious island that's home to a shape-shifting smoke monster, a weird science project tasked with saving the world, and a secret society of sinister ''Others'' who can't make babies — yes, Lost certainly has its fair share of sci-fi stuff. And yet, like the best examples of the genre, this unfolding saga about plane-crash survivors trapped in a tropical twilight zone doesn't wallow in its genre elements, but uses them to embellish an exploration of identity, community, and reality itself. Coyly sublimating everything from Jules Verne and H.G. Wells to Star Trek and Star Wars, Lost aspires to be an important entertainment for a pop-soaked, soul-searching age. Now, at the risk of missing the point, how about some damn answers?!

POP CULTURE LEGACYBuilding on pioneers The X-Files and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Lost helped to usher in a new era of serialized storytelling and showed Hollywood how cult-pop TV can be leveraged into cashcow franchises. Heroes, say hello to Daddy.

[edit on 5-5-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Yeah, I got a bit of a laugh when I read that yesterday. I think there are some BIG issues with the list (no 2001 or Night of the Living Dead) but all in all, they hit the nail on the head with the LOST comment.

Heroes, say hello to Daddy. LOL!

[edit on 5-5-2007 by The Big O]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Heroes, say hello to Daddy. LOL!

let's hope umbrax sees that

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
how did this little factoid escape my reach:

"Kate" from LOST in a Phone Sex AD...

here is the video...

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
One mystery solved: 'Lost' to end in 2010...

The end is in sight for ABC's acclaimed island mystery Lost, but fans will have to wait until 2010 for all the answers.

In a highly unusual move, the network announces plans today to end the show after three more shortened seasons of 16 episodes each. The episodes will air consecutively, repeat-free, from February to May.

i would prefer longer seasons, but o0o well...

as long as 'lost' ends as and when the producers want it to end, i will be happy...

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join