It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Three Discussion...

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
i was just playing devil's advocate

Curse you and your devil's advocacy!

j/k...obviously...

[edit] HA! First post on a new page. I rule.

[edit on 30-4-2007 by The Big O]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
hey, i just found something:

In Mr. Paik's office, Sun interrupts him talking to his associates in Korean about forged shipping documents. Paik also mentions the Hanso Foundation.

even though we have all suspected that big corporations are involved with dharma (like hanso / widmore / paik), it is nice to get a bit of a confirmation...

EDIT:

Moments later, when Sun goes to see him, she interrupts Mr. Paik having a conversation with his associates. The conversation is notably not subtitled despite all other Korean conversations being so in the episode. A possible translation has revealed that Paik was arguing about forged shipping documents which the Hanso Foundation were supposed to provide. Paik warns that if he does not receive equipment soon, he will get very angry.

and:

So that's it, the logo is simply Paik Heavy Industries. No big surprise, right? Well actually its bigger than you might think. A "Paik Heavy Industries" aka "Paik Motors" played a role in The Lost Experience as the company that built the Helgus Antonius ship for the Hanso Foundation. It was widely believed to be the same company as owned by Sun's father, but there was no confirmation (the surname Paik is the "Korean Jones", lest we forget Rachel Blake's words). When I heard in the ep Jin's mother refer to the company as "Paik Automotives", I immediately suspected another link, but now these symbols prove it for certain - Paik Heavy Industries from the Lost Experience, the Paik discussed in Bad Twin, it is the company owned by Sun's father.

[edit on 30-4-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I knew the stuff from the Lost Experience would start to add to this story, more than just showing Rachel was Alvar's daughter.

Nice find!

[edit on 30-4-2007 by The Big O]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Its about time they started bringing the LE into the series, or at least nodding to it.

Hopefully we'll see Rachel Blake on the Island soon and replacing Juliet as my top gal!

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
hmmm...

lostpedia is now reporting that 'the brig' is locke-centric...

interesting developments with this episode, huh???

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
ABC Podcast Summary: Purgatory?...

Naomi, the parachutist whose last name is given as Dorrit, gave all theorists much to think about with her declaration that all of the Oceanic 815 passengers were found dead. Carlton Cuse and Damon Linderlof emphatically state that the island is not purgatory. Furthermore, they insist that they are not lying about purgatory. So, what did happen? They give us two possibilities: she is lying or there is a conspiracy. The producers cryptically ask, if there is a conspiracy, who could be responsible? In summing up "D.O.C" they added that Mikhail was not dead, but might have survived because the fence was not turned up high enough to kill. Cuse states that Mikhail will explain how he survived, via a sentence or two, in a couple of weeks. And finally, I have been perplexed by the doubt that people have with the answers we received in "D.O.C." While, the episode clearly stated that Jin was the father of Sun's unborn baby and the sequence of events that caused Jin to become promoted by Mr. Paik; for some reason many people continue to have doubts about these events. In the podcast, the producers restate that Jin is indeed the father and that Sun is the cause of Jin essentially being a "slave" to Mr. Paik, a situation that she maligns in later episodes.

The preview of episode 3x19 "The Brig" promises a very exciting episode. It will be focused on where John Locke has been since his goodbye speech to Kate. Carlton and Damon promised us the whole story of what has happened since Locke saw his father and when he talks to Kate. Of course the producers had to throw in a disclaimer that we never really learn everything on LOST. "The Brig" will also look into where the Others are going since they left Othersville. The most intriguing story line comes in the promise from the producers that Anthony Cooper will tell us how he got to the island. After that tidbit of information, they quickly end their discussion on "The Brig" as not to give away the whole episode. Watch this Wednesday for more answers.

The producers reconfirmed the existence of two factions of others. There has been some speculation of a yet unseen group of people on the island. This podcast makes it fairly clear that there are two groups of others and we will see who is in each group in the coming weeks. We can also look forward to seeing more about the predictions that Claire's psychic made and more hints on Walt’s abilities. In addition, Cuse and Lindelof reported that the Others interest in the children is more than just the pregnancy issues revealed recently. They are also interested in children's "special abilities". They also promise more information on the Four-toed statue coming before the end of LOST.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Does Sawyer kill Ben?

1. This is just the last chance to do a "Ben" flashback, then Sawyer kills him in the end.

2. After flashback Sawyer can't do it, and Ben escapes.

3. This is just a test a test of the national broadcasting system, in effect if Sawyer actually tries he can't. If he turns down the opportunity, he's offered a spot in the nice tents.

4. Its just a mind
just like everything they do. Locke now part of it.

PS: the "Dharma Inituative" could just be the name of the "Project", not the actual company. The Company is probably owned by the enormously rich guy in Japan. It would be funny if Desmonds father in law to be and Jins father in law are behind this whole thing. People with a
load of money play bigger games than the rest of us. They tend to look at the rest of us as insignificant little ants they can toy with anytime they want. Remember Sun's dad wasn't too happy with her either.

[edit on 2-5-2007 by Royal76]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   

hmmm...

lostpedia is now reporting that 'the brig' is locke-centric...

interesting developments with this episode, huh???

Since May AICN has been saying that the episodes are set up like this...

*Spoilers*

3.19 John Locke
3.20 Benjamin Linus
3.21 Charlie Pace
3.22-23 Jack Shephard

*Spoilers end*

They say this has been confirmed and have been correct about this since Lost returned from Hiatus.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Since May AICN has been saying that the episodes are set up like this...

yeah, i knew all of this...

the only one in question was tonight's episode...

my thought now is that it is locke-centric and it has no flashbacks...

let's see if i am correct...

[edit on 2-5-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   

my thought now is that it is locke-centric and it has no flashbacks...

let's see if i am correct...

[edit on 2-5-2007 by they see ALL]

According to AICN you are half right.
[Spoilers may follow]http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32258

Looks like we are in for quite the ride tonight at any rate.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
According to AICN you are half right.
[Spoilers may follow]http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32258

Looks like we are in for quite the ride tonight at any rate.

no sir, i will not be reading those spoilers :shk:

but i will say this:

it may be possible that this episode takes place either before or during the time when 'd.o.c.' took place...

this would make sense and, thus, would not have any flashbacks (as the big o stated)...

Originally posted by Royal76
Does Sawyer kill Ben?

absolutely not...

i am sure that ben is not even under that hood...

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   

no sir, i will not be reading those spoilers :shk:

Ah, good to hear you stay away from spoilers now.

I should mention that nothing major is spoiled, just the issue of flashbacks.

AICN is pretty good when it comes to spoilers. They make you do a mouse over for anything that will spoil the story.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Spoilers are meant to side track you, didn't you all know that.

I don't trust Jack He is to trustworthy and has gotten in trouble everytime. I also don't think that Lock or Sawyer will kill Cooper or Ben.
Sawyer knows he made a mistake the first time and will never do that again. If it is Cooper then Lock can't kill his kin, just can't see him doing it. Just my opinion on that.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
I don't trust Jack

Me neither. Especially after what happened with Michael. That being said, I don't trust Locke either.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Sawyer's gotten soft. Hurley's gotten to him. I don't think he has it in him anymore. I have a feeling Cooper is going to be with us for at least the rest of the season.

UnLeSs the monster gets him.

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
If the theory being hinted at in tonight's episode is the case, then...

I am going to be extremely pissed for wasting my time with this show.

I don't think they'd reveal it that blatantly so soon especially since there is at least 1 more season.

Oh, and this episode has been relatively predictable so far. Good, but predictable.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
good episode (even if it was predictable)...

i am surprised that the losties shared information with each other:

- saywer now knows that locke was once paralyzed...

- locke warning sawyer about the raid...

- the information about the arrival of naomi being shared with sayid and jack...

- etc...

and, as always, the preview for next week looks amazing...

i have seen a "namaste" sign and "roger workman" (the guy that was in the dharma volkswagen) in the preview...

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
So I wonder what Juliette wanted Jack to tell Kate...

And I really hope that the theory Locke's father put out there is not the truth. I'd be pissed.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf
If the theory being hinted at in tonight's episode is the case, then...

I am going to be extremely pissed for wasting my time with this show.

Please elaborate on this "theory." If it is what I think you are getting at, I pose this...how can you kill something that is already dead?

I'm still on board with cover up for the crash. 4 miles deep in the ocean? Subversives? Give me a break. There are probably so few organizations that have equipment that can dive that deep (excusing military) I can count them on one hand.

How did Cooper get there? Magic. At this point I'm willing to accept that as a possibility. However, with the slave thing in the ship pointed out again, we're going to see more about this...as with how it relates to the foot statue and whatever totem pole Coop was tied too.

As for Sawyer not having it in him to kill Coop, I've eaten my shoe. It was intense, and it wasn't a gunshot to the head. I liked it, and I'm glad they didn't end the episode with it. It showed that Sawyer had some form of remorse for taking another life.

I like that Locke is "on his own" now. Next week looks tense. What are Jack and Juliet hiding? Other than they he's turned her already.

Her he comes, here come Speed Racer!

WTF! LOL! LOST FTW!

Hrmmm...does that get me in trouble now?

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf
So I wonder what Juliette wanted Jack to tell Kate...

If you didn't watch the second to last episode, then don't read..

There is a high chance that she told Jack that Kate is pregnant by Sawyer.

I loved this episode, even though it might mean we see less of John now. Maybe he will team up with Rousseau soon.

Anyone think that the next episode will show the "box" Ben was referring to? I'm thinking John is going to walk through the box's door and it will explain everyone's life to him.

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join