It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's do a experiment with UV and IR cameras

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
This looks like a cool camera to do UV and Infrared photography. It will likely be excellent for normal photography as well.

Fuji IR and UV digital SLR

I'm looking to upgrade my digital SLR but I think I'm going to wait until the next generation of cameras. (or perhaps until the current state of the art is old school, much cheaper that way)

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I'm in.

Got the equipment already.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon Its close... but not quite... try this one....

Yup, they have been around for quite a while. There are some other interesting theories like Nonts, but people will believe what they want to believe.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
What's goin' on folks, this is my first post but I use to be a former member a couple of years ago. I forgot my password (like that has ever happened before
) and so I figured I start from scratch with a new username.

In any case, I like this thread and there is no doubt that there is a growing interest in using IR film or video to track down whatever is out there.

I just recently invested a little money and bought a video camera from this website through his Ebay account. It cost me a little over $300.00 but I figured what the Hell.
In any case, I told him about the documentary that Jose Escamilla will release hopefully in late August. He saw the 20 min. trailer and told me that his video camcorders with the IR niteshot option is more than capable in producing these images if they are in fact out there in the skies.

The camcorder I have is a 2001 modified version of the famous Sony Video Camcorder that was discontinued in late 1998 because of having X-ray capabilities. There was three options I wanted for this camera and I got them all. For one, the zoom had to be superior, not 20x but I was able to get a zoom capability of 560x. Secondly, I wanted the Steady Shot so there would be no excuses with a sensitive camera to movement. Lastly, I wanted an analog (tape) instead of the digital. If an investigation or testing had to be made to verify its authenticity, I think I would have a better chance to prove my findings with the tape.

So far, I haven't seen anything yet that would be of any interest to anyone, but I'll keep you posted.
Hopefully, someone will get something that can not be disputed.

BTW, here is another film that Jose Escamilla has produced about Trevor James Constables findings for The Borderlands Network channel. It's still in production though.

[edit on 11-8-2006 by monolith444]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
You may get some IR-effect but not much with a standard camera. If you are serious I advice you to look into a "Nightshot" camera, preferably a Sony. Then use one of Kaya's optics to only get IR light:

www.kaya-optics.com...

Camera guide:
www.kaya-optics.com...

You may even have to modify some of the cameras as they come with build-in a block agains using nightshot in daytime, with good reason as you can see-thru clothes. About the different types of Sony cameras and how much you need to modyfi them look at 3. here:

www.kaya-optics.com...

[edit on 12-8-2006 by Acharya]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Will ya look at that?

Monolith has just dropped $300.00 for a camera. I seriously doubt such a thing would have happened if there wasn't something really there!

Thank you monolith, and others here for your solidarity.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
To give you a better idea of what I purchased, here's the auction link that I won. Instead of trying to interpret what I bought I guess it would be better explained from the horses mouth.

Acharya I appreciate the heads up about using the Kaya-optics IR lenses. The IR lense that was included in the auction is just a generic version but it's still effective.

The one thing that looks pretty cool is rainbows in IR. Even if I take the IR lense off and leave the niteshot on, each color band looks like it's rotating in a circular motion when I zoom in.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Thats a very nice Cam Monolith, That X-ray function could provide many an hour of entertainment

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Any new developments?

Mod: pardon the one liner

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Hey if you like seeing ufo's in the larger spectrum of light check out this video which you may have seen before. This guy explains his theory on ufo's being high energy objects that cant be seen in our normal spectrum most of the time; and hes got alot of great videos from space missions swarming with objects. These objects are only seen on NASAs night time cameras which see partly into the low UV band.

www.jonhs.net...
www.jonhs.net... part 2 which i havent seen but it seems to have more observtions about the disc shaped ufos hes talking about.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I wonder how well this will work. Space has plenty of UV light to reflect off a ship, but Earth doesn't have much at all. Course it all depends on whether the ships in NASA's videos are giving off UV light or just reflecting it.

But I guess that's the point of an experiment, isn't it? We know they can give off light, but it's hard to say which light they're giving off and which they're reflecting. I'll bet the IR cameras would have the best luck.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zareste
I'll bet the IR cameras would have the best luck.

But IR is low on energy, and I presonally guess that those ships are most likely high energy (UV), but I don't know.
I did some watching with my webcamera, but I didn't see anything cool yet, I once saw something weird but it may just be my head.
I want one of those crasy cams...

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
I believe many if not all of the UFOS termed as flying saucers today are invisible to the naked eye.
I believe a camera equipped to see uv outside the human eye spectrum would see a lot of traffic and people would be shocked at the sheer size of these things (some I believe could be miles long.)

If extraterrestrials are visiting us it would make sense that if they are observing us they would want to stay concealed.

Apparently the space shuttle uses such cameras and they seem to pick up hundreds of anomalies..oh but then again it's just ice sorry

That has been my opinion from the beginning,Trapped U.V is the way to go with this NOT I.R......happy hunting m8 and be sure to post anything you see

[edit on 3/9/2006 by kuhl]

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This thread has been here a while now and still we don't have any videos to show

But JohnnyAnonymous recently posted this in another thread.

I would be glad to hear from him in here as well!

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I've got a really nice panasonic IR cam... CAM

I could take a few hours of video here in WV. I was also wondering the samething when I watched those NASA video docs. Why not take 50ppl around the country and point the cams towards the sky on clear night.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I just made a little guide on how to remove the IR filter from a Microsoft LifeCam VX-6000, shouldn't be hard to get it working with other cams too by using this guide.
www.hidden-truth.net...

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Btw, FIY all of you, If you want a cheap Infra Red Camera, get any webcam or digital camera and remove the IR filter thats seated in front of the CCD.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Hi Guys,

Finally got around (and away from other projects) to be able to get back and check in.

I was trying to find some older archived footage that I had that was captured in IR to
post here. I'm also trying to contact a few ufologist that I've corresponded with a few
times about a project that they're trying to put up. It's a four quadrant camera setup
with four IR cameras pointed North, West, South, East and running through a PC 24/7.
They're hopefully working towards capturing flying objects in a digital format and then
releasing they're findings. It should be quite interesting once they get it going.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Here are some demonstrative images:

Image taken with a normal camera:

Image taken with a camera without ir/uv filter:

Image taken with a camera without ir/uv filter but with an visible light filter attached:

All images is hosted on my own page.

I just made myself an IR lamp too, here is a little video of it in action:
media.putfile.com...
I just replaced the LED in a LED flashlight with an IR LED from a remote control, I will make a little tutorial too!

But I still haven't got anything cool on tape yet, not much UFOs around these parts...

Edit:
Damn this camera looks nice:
www.nationalinfrared.com...
Is there anyone here who have a high quality camera like this?
I really need something like this for my research, but I'm low on money

[edit on 2006/11/9 by TrappedSoul]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Hey There !!!!!

Does anyone have any updates to add to this thread?
I was just curious as to how things had progressed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join