It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's do a experiment with UV and IR cameras

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
WOW!!!!!!

I have a Sony DSC-S90 digital camera that also has a video camera facility. I just tried this with a few remote controls and it works excellent.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
i have never had a close encounter but a very good friend has. I cannot verify what happened, i can only say i am 100% certain he is not fabricating the story. this is it, in a nutshell...

it was in the colorado mountains, away from any towns and most people, near a trailer 'off the grid' so to speak. him and his friend/cousin (not sure if they are biological cousins) were going to get in the truck to return to civilization, and when they left the trailer, they were underneath the body of a huge spacecraft. it absolutely huge but he could not gauge the size better than 'gargantuan' because it was actually bending space (it was still in directly above them @ this point.) they were scared and decided to flee. they put pedal to metal and got the hell out of there. the ship or whatever/whomever was on the ship had a way to make them forget was going on. as they sped down the trail, they had no idea why for an undetermined amount of time. when they remembered what was going they stopped the truck and got out.

this is the part that relates to your post:

when they looked up at the sky, they could see the ship 'taking off'. it was actually bending space, and the stars 'in back' were as close as the stars 'up front'. he said it was the most amazing phenomenon it actually gave a 3d effect and you could see it 'travel while sitting still.

i would imagine if you looked at that thru ir and uv it would look simply amazing, but would be able to actually see the ship.

*note* in the first part of the encounter, when they first walked out of the trailer, the ship was visible. in the second part, after fleeing, the ship was not visible to the naked eye, but its effect on space was obvious.

the new military and police cameras are hybristhat see uv and ir and then superimpose the images together. that is what i would look for ufo's with.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
i have never had a close encounter but a very good friend has. I cannot verify what happened, i can only say i am 100% certain he is not fabricating the story. this is it, in a nutshell...

it was in the colorado mountains, away from any towns and most people, near a trailer 'off the grid' so to speak. him and his friend/cousin (not sure if they are biological cousins) were going to get in the truck to return to civilization, and when they left the trailer, they were underneath the body of a huge spacecraft. it absolutely huge but he could not gauge the size better than 'gargantuan' because it was actually bending space (it was still in directly above them @ this point.) they were scared and decided to flee. they put pedal to metal and got the hell out of there. the ship or whatever/whomever was on the ship had a way to make them forget was going on. as they sped down the trail, they had no idea why for an undetermined amount of time. when they remembered what was going they stopped the truck and got out.

this is the part that relates to your post:

when they looked up at the sky, they could see the ship 'taking off'. it was actually bending space, and the stars 'in back' were as close as the stars 'up front'. he said it was the most amazing phenomenon it actually gave a 3d effect and you could see it 'travel while sitting still.

i would imagine if you looked at that thru ir and uv it would look simply amazing, but would be able to actually see the ship.

*note* in the first part of the encounter, when they first walked out of the trailer, the ship was visible. in the second part, after fleeing, the ship was not visible to the naked eye, but its effect on space was obvious.

the new military and police cameras are hybristhat see uv and ir and then superimpose the images together. that is what i would look for ufo's with.

Thanks for that interesting post jprophet420 as I said in an earlier post I don't think these things are visible to the naked eye unless they want to be(or they are travelling to fast) and I think your friends account lends credence to this.

As I also posted before I believe even when they are invisible to the naked eye they must still be visible at somepoint on the electromagnetic spectrum because they must still produce energy.

In my opinion U.V. is the best range to capture them like on the space shuttle sometimes it looks like an intergalactic highway up there but all invisable to the naked eye.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Does anyone remeber the space tourist who pay'd a large amount of money to go into space and brought a I.R. camera? I remember when he got back he said he "lost" his camera up in space and didnt talk about aliens at all, I thought that was weird since it was all he was talking about before he went up , even went on art bell(I think)

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I dont quite get this, but if I can, I am more than awilling to go to the top of a nearby mountain, where there are no lights to pollute the images, and try my luck at catching UFO's on IR film.

I have a JVC 30gb hard disk video cam like this

...how do I get this to go to IR? Just point a IR remote control into the night-sky and film? Dont sound right to me. If there is an easy way I will do it, time is not on my side to get to the bottom of all this I'm afraid.

McP

EDIT: Just came across this web-page with good advice for our plans!

reviews.cnet.com...

McP

[edit on 31/7/06 by Mcphisto]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I think Mcphisto has me on Ignore so someone else will have to relay this to him.....

The Ir remote is this, In order to see if your camera sees in true IR, put it in IR mode and turn out all the lights. Now use your television remote control(point it at the wall or something)it should work almost like a strobe flashlight(your home tv remote sends out IR signals)
You need to get a tripod... They are only about 20 bucks at wal-mart. Light pollution doesn't really matter. The best expiriment I've ever seen with IR was the guy who set up a normal camera and an IR one on the same tripod. The IR camera picked up a clear as crystal craft while the normal one filming at the same time didnt. Anyways, with the camera on a tripod simply start scanning the sky with it, when you see something that looks weird, zoom in a bit and switch back and forth from IR to Normal to compare the two. Try to do this without moving the camera(switching).Time of day doest matter at all. From what I hear it wont be long before you start to get some good stuff........

[edit on 31-7-2006 by Tiloke]

[edit on 31-7-2006 by Tiloke]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiloke
From what I hear it wont be long before you start to get some good stuff........

And that have also much to do with the quality of the camerea, if you really want result then you should buy a camera designed for this.
But yes, you might get lucky with a normal camera.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrappedSoul

From what I hear it wont be long before you start to get some good stuff........

And that have also much to do with the quality of the camerea, if you really want result then you should buy a camera designed for this.

If it can see the beam from your TV remote control than its the right kind.
Can you please quote my entire above post so Mcphisto will see it?

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrappedSoul

If it can see the beam from your TV remote control than its the right kind.
Can you please quote my entire above post so Mcphisto will see it?

But that doesn't mean it will see all infrared light, I don't know how much it's able to see, but definitely not all. And I don't think it's cappable of any UV, so there is still easy for a UFO to hide from such a camera. (just so people know)

And yes, here is you previous post so Mcphisto can see it:

I think Mcphisto has me on Ignore so someone else will have to relay this to him.....

The Ir remote is this, In order to see if your camera sees in true IR, put it in IR mode and turn out all the lights. Now use your television remote control(point it at the wall or something)it should work almost like a strobe flashlight(your home tv remote sends out IR signals)
You need to get a tripod... They are only about 20 bucks at wal-mart. Light pollution doesn't really matter. The best expiriment I've ever seen with IR was the guy who set up a normal camera and an IR one on the same tripod. The IR camera picked up a clear as crystal craft while the normal one filming at the same time didnt. Anyways, with the camera on a tripod simply start scanning the sky with it, when you see something that looks weird, zoom in a bit and switch back and forth from IR to Normal to compare the two. Try to do this without moving the camera(switching).Time of day doest matter at all. From what I hear it wont be long before you start to get some good stuff........

EDIT: Why do we have an ignore button in this forum?
Isn't this the place where we don't ignore?

[edit on 2006/7/31 by TrappedSoul]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
He didnt like what i had ro say in a couple UFO threads he started, no big deal his choice.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
All digital cameras can see IR light because of the way the sensors are made.

Maybe this or this will help.

Bez

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
This thread has made me wish so much that I had not recently sold my camcorder

Whilst just searching Google for relevant IR camcorders UFO footage I stumbled upon this:

www.ufocasebook.com...

Now this place where it was filmed (6 years ago) is only 15 minutes car journey from where I live.... gotta get me a camcorder!!

Dont you just love it when you start deliving into things and find links between stuff

I think the STS-75 footage is so intriguing, so much traffic up there, lets hope with this thread we start to see some interesting footage of our skies

[edit on 31-7-2006 by Bez]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I also have a nikon coolpix which picks it up in the video mode. I have used it to watch the refresh rate of my monitor change which I thought was pretty neat

Here's my idea for what it's worth.

Start a website devoted to the subject. Get a domain name like uvirufos.com or invisibleufos.com or something. Start a paypal account and ask for $1 donations. Then get a camera and set it up on a web feed if possible. Once you get that far people will be more interested and you might even sell some small ads on it. It could feed off of itself as interest grows, people visit and hopefully donate to the cause which will allow you to add more cameras etc..

[edit on 31-7-2006 by warpboost]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I had once seen an episode of Unsolved Mysteries (or maybe it was something else
It was a long time ago). They were showing a documentary on a guy who claims he has found a way to record UFOs in the sky with 100% accurate results each time. His statement sounded real bold, considering the guy only had a $100 video camera. They showed him filming with his camera, to my surprise it looked so simple and primative, and when they replayed his video he recorded in their presence, there were hundreds of flying objects he caught in the sky.

You guys can try the same technique too. He went out in his porch and focused the camera directly towards the sky, positioning himself between an object that blocks most of the sunlight, and only lets a very very small slither of it shine towards the camera. He did it using his porch roof to block the sunlight. I'm terrible at explaining, so here's a drawing that might describe it better.

I would like to note that you should be very very careful when doing this. If you expose too much sunlight through your camera's lens, you will damage it, possibly permanently. Only use a cheap camera, if you want to try it out. I haven't tried with an LCD camera, so I don't know if it will work with newer camera. I do know it will work with a Video Cassett Camera. If anyone tries it and gets great footage, please post it here if you can, to show how the teachnique works.

[edit on 31-7-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
I had once seen an episode of Unsolved Mysteries (or maybe it was something else
It was a long time ago). They were showing a documentary on a guy who claims he has found a way to record UFOs in the sky with 100% accurate results each time. His statement sounded real bold, considering the guy only had a $100 video camera. They showed him filming with his camera, to my surprise it looked so simple and primative, and when they replayed his video he recorded in their presence, there were hundreds of flying objects he caught in the sky.

I saw the same thing a very long time ago. The guy called his technique "solar obliteration".

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
If the human eye can't see the frequency spectrum that you want to video tape, even though the camera does, how do see it on any type of recorded medium?

Your eye is your eye, you are the ultimate interpreter of the image regardless if it's live or Memorex, if you can't see it, you can't see it.

Now.... if there's something that can take the data and translate it into a range that we can see with our eyes, that's a whole different thing.... and I'd hate to say it, the translation would be lost entirely.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
promomag, I think I understand what your saying, but IMO it's not really valid. thats like saying that because your naked eye can't see stuff in the infrared spectrum, and you film someone running through the woods with a FLIR camera your naked eye won't see their heat signature on the recorded media, but if you've ever seen video footage from a police helicopters FLIR camera of someone running you know thats not the case.

[edit on 31-7-2006 by warpboost]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I think pushing the limits of our visual range to make something partialy visible on a recorded medium is exactly what I mean about translating the data. Such as your example with heat signatures, our eyes don't normaly pick this up but if you push the frequency to the limits you might begin to see where the two frequencies overlap, or bleed into each other.

It's kind of like not being able to hear a certain sound becuase your ears can't pick it up, but if you maximize your hearing potential you'll notice a piece of something that wasn't there before... you're still hearing in your normal range and a bunch of the data is still missing becuase it goes beyond the spectrum.

Originally posted by warpboost
I think I understand what your saying, but IMO it's not really valid. thats like saying that because your naked eye can't see stuff in the infrared spectrum, and you film someone running through the woods with a FLIR camera your naked eye won't see their heat signature on the recorded media

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Here's an interesting article on the subject

www.niburu.nl...?articleID=12725&print=1

There might be some people that can see or hear beyond what most people can see or hear.... aka People that see ghosts and ufos.... or whatever it is they're seeing, you could probably show them a photograph of an empty sky and they will tell you they see a ufo or ghost there..... and that person would probably be called a nutcase.

Interesting isn't it?

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
gonna watch this thread

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join