It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's do a experiment with UV and IR cameras

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Interesting experiment. Your main problem will be an IR source strong enough to reach that far. I have a camcorder with a built in source but its only good for a few feet. To do what you propose would take a strong light source.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Interesting experiment. Your main problem will be an IR source strong enough to reach that far. I have a camcorder with a built in source but its only good for a few feet. To do what you propose would take a strong light source.

That's not needed, it's not about filming in the dark.
If a object emits IR light then the cam will see it, you don't need to glow at it with IR.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kristus

Originally posted by DJMessiah
I had once seen an episode of Unsolved Mysteries (or maybe it was something else
It was a long time ago). They were showing a documentary on a guy who claims he has found a way to record UFOs in the sky with 100% accurate results each time. His statement sounded real bold, considering the guy only had a $100 video camera. They showed him filming with his camera, to my surprise it looked so simple and primative, and when they replayed his video he recorded in their presence, there were hundreds of flying objects he caught in the sky.

I saw the same thing a very long time ago. The guy called his technique "solar obliteration".

Ah yes! That's what it's called. Thank you

If anyone wants to see what it looks like, here's an image of it I've found on a site:

And the site:

www.scire.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I was following a little thing like this once
geektechnique.org...

My camera was an oler one but I was trying to turn it just for other things
anyway I got to the removal of the filter and i couldn't do it
It was a glass like object super glued to the (eye) arrr if I cut it off the whole (chip) which held it woulda been ruined

I figured I'd put the link here it might help with your research

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Sorry to mess up this party. but i have things to say about the experiments.

First i'd like to say that it is so a simple idea that of course the NASA and other astronomic groups have tried it. And in a big scale . I think they have allready done it with ultra-modern cameras they put on satellite. I don't have evidences they have done that but i think they have done it just because it is so simple to imagine.

Second, if somebody here saw the film "The Others" he will be able to easily understand what i mean in this;
The main problem of the UFO reserching is that we are searching for them in what we have as senses (+ our new technologies like UV and IR) But what if UFOs use other senses that are not known by the humans?
What is they were all arround us?
What if they lived with us, in our homes, offices and schools? What if the UFO kids are just playing on you keyboard right now? Having fun , jumping from one letter to another?
Consider they come threw our mouthes to eat in our stomachs?

Consider they are doing all these things and more while we cannot feel them nor smell them nor see them even in IR and UV and the newest teck!!!!!!

I have another suggetion; maybe they live with us but they can't see and feel us like we don't see them. They just live in another parallel world but this world is the same of us!!!!! Maybe they are using my PC considering that it's theirs!!!!

The worst is to be able to see them one day and have wars with them . Each of us reclaming he is the owner of your house , my house and our planet!!!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
my digital camera and my husband's camera can see in infrared.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat
I was following a little thing like this once
geektechnique.org...

My camera was an older one but I was trying to turn it just for other things
anyway I got to the removal of the filter and i couldn't do it
It was a glass like object super glued to the (eye) arrr if I cut it off the whole (chip) which held it woulda been ruined

I figured I'd put the link here it might help with your research

Thanks for the link!

I will now try to add the filter to my webcam.

I opened it up, and it looks like it had a filter in it actually, I removed it and I think it will see more IR now.
This is really cool, the camera got much bether, it can see much bether in dark areas!

Also got my visible light filter to work!

[edit on 2006/8/1 by TrappedSoul]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
This thread is very interesting, and i find another guy who autopsy his camera:

how to ruin your camera

i gonna try it with my new fz 30

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
My unmodified webcam could see the light from a remote control, but I now know that that doesn't mean that it can see IR light, if you want to see more IR light then you have to remove the IR filter in the camera lens!
(there are now some links in this thread on how to do this)

Okay, just to show you my result i'm going to share some cool pictures:
My hair looks kinda cool, here i'm using a visible light filter so you only see the IR light:
img209.imageshack.us...
My computer screen is all black:
img60.imageshack.us...
And it looks snowy outside:
img163.imageshack.us...
And here is our garden with both visible and IR light:
img221.imageshack.us...

Now I need to find some UFO or ghosts and take pictures of those!

EDIT: Imageshack server looks a little busy now...

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   

The main problem of the UFO reserching is that we are searching for them in what we have as senses (+ our new technologies like UV and IR) But what if UFOs use other senses that are not known by the humans? What is they were all arround us? What if they lived with us, in our homes, offices and schools? What if the UFO kids are just playing on you keyboard right now? Having fun , jumping from one letter to another?

There are a million 'what if' scenario's but I find it is counter productive to spend too much time worrying about things you can't control. We are given the 5 senses we have to work with, and all we can do in our effort to produce credible evidence for the existence of E.T.'s is to use those sense's we do have (ie, what is in our control).

Good thread, I hope some ATS members come back and share some amatuer footage with us. Maybe someone will get really lucky and capture something that unexplainable.

Zoop

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrappedSoul

That's not needed, it's not about filming in the dark.
If a object emits IR light then the cam will see it, you don't need to glow at it with IR.

In that case - my camcorder has this capability straight out of the box. It's an old Hi8 that I seldom use. Now I'd just need a clear sky. That could be a problem this summer. Whenever it is warmer than usual down south we have cold cloudy summer's up here. We may get clear skys 2 days a week. On a normal year we get clear skys 5 days a week and its much warmer. I'll charge the batteries and give it a try and see what I get. If anything interesting pops up I'll convert it and post.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I have my webcam pointed at the sky right now.
And it don't need to be in sunlight either, it will actually be easyer spotting IR sources at night.
I think I will set it on motion dectetion when I go to bed, it will then take a picture or movie if it see anything.
Good luck to me and everybody else trying this!

jra

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I haven´t read this whole thread, so hopefully I won´t repeat a bunch of stuff. I believe some one already mentioned testing ones digital camera with a tv remote? If you can see the IR LED lighting up on the LCD screen on the camera, then your digital camera can pick-up IR light. You can make a cheap homemade IR filter using film that has been developed, but not exposed to light. I placed two layers over my camera lens. Did a custom white balance setting and everything will show up B&W except plants. grass and leaves will turn a light bluish-green. I have no idea how to test for UV sensitivity though.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra
I haven´t read this whole thread, so hopefully I won´t repeat a bunch of stuff. I believe some one already mentioned testing ones digital camera with a tv remote? If you can see the IR LED lighting up on the LCD screen on the camera, then your digital camera can pick-up IR light. You can make a cheap homemade IR filter using film that has been developed, but not exposed to light. I placed two layers over my camera lens. Did a custom white balance setting and everything will show up B&W except plants. grass and leaves will turn a light bluish-green. I have no idea how to test for UV sensitivity though.

You're almost right

My webcam could see that led light up, but it still had a IR filter in it.
When I took that out then I could use my remote control as a flashlight too!
And everything was different, my black shorts got white, etc...

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
wow!

@trappedsoul: thanks a lot !!!you give me a idea, i remember i have a little
unused webcam from logitech, unused because i have open it after i see that
it has a poor video quality. I have find it and i opened the box where the chip
is, i don't find the filter quicky because i found it in the lens of the camera...
and just i can say WOW! amazing picture i have take...with just a little light!

Now i remember that the cybershot series fron sony have the night vision,this
kind of camera have two little ir-led in the zoom..., where i can find ir-leds?
on my hi fi remote!... i put it near the webcam and press a touch... i can see in the
dark and better as the sonys camera.

Igonna put some photos and video later

Thanks a lot!!!eureka

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Found this page, with good informations:

olympus mod+ir illuminator

You must explore this page because, you will find very interesting stuff...

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Check your old camcorders. My old Sony has a built in IR source and an IR mode. The light only illuminates for a few feet but in IR mode it negates the IR filter. Everything looks kind of greenish blue. It will take 18 hours to charge a battery though. I'll try this weekend when I have time.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Looks as though someone else has seen the trailer for the up and coming doc. movie UFO The Greatest Story Ever Denied. Here is the link: video.google.com...

It explains how and what. Looks very interesting to say the least.

[edit on 1-8-2006 by I See You]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by PARADISEVIEW
I have another suggetion; maybe they live with us but they can't see and feel us like we don't see them. They just live in another parallel world but this world is the same of us!!!!! Maybe they are using my PC considering that it's theirs!!!!

Pretty good observation

Its close... but not quite... try this one....

Look closely at those Nasa films, especially the one that appears out of nowhere... slow it down you will see it comes up out of the clouds during a thunderstorm... watch it its undulating... like an amoeba... the shape of them is like a one cell lifeform... very big...glowing brightly ... just having "fed" on the storm...

The reason that there are so many of them is because they are like plankton in the ocean... only bigger and in space... hovering near planets feeding off electrical storms... thus charged they become more visible... for a while... thats why they are reported near powerlines etc.... thats why they cause electrical interference...

They exist just slightly out of phase with our universe... they are a life form that main stream science just hasn't found yet... yes you can capture them with IR... yes they are everywhere... kinda ghost like... because of the phase differential...

They have always been here... And I bet you that Nasa [and others KNOW]

Sorry Matyas... couldn't resist... I won't tell em anything else

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Lol, just tried with my Nokia 6630 and the remote stuff works!

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join