It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What they can't show from the Mideast

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The news media tends to avoid the more graphic side of this conflict. However one CNN reporter has posted this report...

As the fighting between Israel and Hezbollah rages, both sides bury their dead. CNN's Cal Perry witnessed a mass burial in southern Lebanon. Readers should be aware that his report includes graphic descriptions.

TYRE, Lebanon (CNN) -- Eight days ago, the Lebanese Army buried 87 bodies in a mass grave in the city of Tyre. Today, they are laying another 34 in the ground.

Everyone is covering their face to keep out the stench as Lebanese soldiers remove dozens of bodies from the back of a truck. The first body is a day-old baby -- killed in an Israeli airstrike, according to the Lebanese Army. On her coffin a marking shows she had no name.

They've lined up the coffins on the sidewalk; each has either a name or a marking that says "unknown" All have numbers. Coffin No. 104 has three names on it - Ali, Mohammed and Talib - all children. Nearby, Fatawi Horani is screaming and crying. Her granddaughter Marim, 15, was killed, she says, while trying to flee the fighting.

Source Link

Video available on source page linked above.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I defy anyone to come here and justify any of those deaths

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
How can so called religious people sit in the sidelines and let the so called leaders look the other way while this is happening. I just hope nobody asks again why do the world hate us.

The Must Powerfull Nation in the World and this is what we do with that power.

The poeple should never be afraid of their Goverment, is the Goverment who should be afraid of the people.

How much would it take for people to realize that the end is near. Not the end of the world as religion tells you. But the end of the mental slavery of the masses.

I WILL RATHER GO TO HELL THAN FOLLOW A BUNCH OF FOOLS IN TO HEAVEN.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Great topic. What "they" can't show or won't? Perhaps there are regulations to what can be displayed as truth... Hmmm, I wonder who is responsible for that? Same folks who publish the history texts? One of the ladies from the CBC phoned my missus last nite. The gist of what was related to me was - Rwanda - with streets and bombed out foundations of the state of Lebanon as the "rivers of the dead."

Victor K.

Qana v1.0, Qana v2.0... What's next?

[edit on 30-7-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Sadly, I believe this whole conflict is rapidly approaching a "do or die" scenario for the Israelis.

I truly believe that Israeli military commanders, and advisers are calling for the annihilation of their enemies at any cost.

I wonder if the Israelis can find a way to back down from their "assault on Hezbollah" now?

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Pride and the inability to forgive, learn, and admit one's own self error are powerful determinants.

I'm still hopeful. But yes, these folks seem to be doin' the bridge-abutment-boogie - they've got 'er in a steep dive - terminal velocity and the avionics are non-functional and there ain't no ejecting without gettin' shredded by the maelstrom. In my ultra-light flying experience it's called NODI - Nose Over Dive In. Racing motorcycles it's called WIOWI Syndrome. Win It Or Wad It - and there ain't no winners and this is not a game.

Please stop killing the innocent humans now.

Victor K.

DTROTCBBPDQDKW~1

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoKito
How can so called religious people sit in the sidelines and let the so called leaders look the other way while this is happening. I just hope nobody asks again why do the world hate us.

Dude I just had this Christian woman going on and on about how these are the chosen people and how god will bless them for helping them.

They are like brainwashed!! People say it would be so hard to perpetrate a large scale inside job the likes of a 9-11 type attack. Sheep to the slaughter.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz

Why would anyone justify this?

Israel drops leaflets for days, makes phonecalls to residences, telling them to get out.
Yet they stay.
Notice this was all women and children this time?
Convenient, and much easier to use as human shields.
Then, look how quickly Israel was condemned for the deaths of these women and children.

How horrible that these people were sacrificed to further the cause of Hezbollah.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Civilians were also attacked by Israeli forces when they attempted to flee. I also know for a fact that Australian consular officials have told Australians in Lebanon, including south of the Litani River, to stay indoors.

So who are they meant to believe? Australian consular officials or the people who shoot them when they try to flee any way?

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well I just saw on CNN showing dead babies, looked pretty scary.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Is sad when people have to take sides on conflict for the only reason of supporting their own government. . .

US supports Israel and we get in the media more of the death, suffering and grievance of the Israeli side that the Lebanese side. . .

Truly pure propaganda to bring sympathy and support from Americans . . .

Yes, every nation and every citizen of any country has the right to defend their borders . . .

But it seems that the whole Israeli-Hezbollah-Lebanon conflict is becoming another death toll in the wars of religions, region, will and minds. . .

When people in the US is going to understand that It will be no winners. . .

Only losers . . . just like in Iraq . . . the death can not complain anymore. . .

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
This story is not even about today's incident, Qana. Add another story

from the article

"I love the people of America. It's the government I hate. Tell the American people that we received their gift. The missile that they gave to Israel - we have received it, and this is the result," he says, motioning to the coffins.

US taxpayers $ goes to Israel to buy bombs from American corporations. Tax $ ending up in US corporations, what a scam. No taxpayer $ for abortions, yet taxpayer $ for these deaths of children. Taxpayer $ for this country only!

Here's something else you won't see in mainstream news.
www.combatantsforpeace.org...

Good words, Marg.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Why Israel was given the nation status when Palestine that was there longer was not . . .

Why . . .Then people ask why the Palestinian people are so angry and violent toward Israel . . .

To me seems like the world took sides and forgot about them . . . now they are terrorist and evil and they kill Israelis . . .

But who kill Palestinians?

Wars are money making businesses.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz

Ever hear of propoganda?

Yeah. Its a two way street. Or should I say..... a four-lane highway?

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Why Israel was given the nation status when Palestine that was there longer was not . . .

Palestine was a British creation in 1922 and lasted until 1948. If I did my math right, it lasted 24 years. Israel has been a formal country for 58 years.

Both "Palestine" and "Israel" are territories created by the British. History, my dear, does not begin with the timeline you decide to set out.

Your point, much as your life, are moot.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by wish
Both "Palestine" and "Israel" are territories created by the British. History, my dear, does not begin with the timeline you decide to set out.

Your point, much as your life, are moot.

I guess you may have to go a littler farther back into history because the land of the palestine has been there since the bible times . . .

My dear I guess when it comes to time line and the middle east . . . convinience is the one that writes history.

My life and my point is very well and alive . . . perhaps the one moot is you. . .

It seems that the World took sides and forgot about them I stand by my post.

1939 The British government published a White Paper restricting Jewish immigration and offering independence for Palestine within ten years. This was rejected by the Zionists, who then organized terrorist groups and launched a bloody campaign against the British and the Palestinians.

While the promise was never executed the Israel got his wish . . .

15 May 1948 British decided to leave on this day, leaders of the Yishuv decided (as they claim) to implement that part of the partition plan calling for establishment of a Jewish state

Why one but not the other? that was my question . . .

Brief history of palestine. . .

www.palestinehistory.com...

Yes I like to read and get informed also . . .

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
They showed this on CNN earlier today. It was very sad...I feel deeply for the innocent Lebanese.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
OMG. I've just visited a Lebanese blog-spot that shouldn't be too hard for others to find. Graphic, heartbreaking inexcusable wanton vengance-lust... the children parts and bits of splat all mixed up - some are still alive in the rubble - trapped and dying.

Think of the painting called "Scream". This catastrophy is evidence of Crimes Against Humanity and I had no idea it was THIS bad. Depravity to the nth degree.

These civilians are being murdered by the State of Israel - full stop. Tomorrow all the Israeli addressed accounts are null and void at my day job - "specifications and service allotment subject to change without notice" and "geo-political instability" is in the contracts for good reason - we don't work for anyone we don't want to.

I've worked ER's and Surg... these civilians are a mess - lot of the survivors are going to die of secondary infections and dehydration and lack of medical treatment... if the incoming ordnance doesn't off-'em 1st.

I'm ashamed I've pulled for Israel for decades - I quite liked Mrs. Meier and had respect for Mosha Dian. I supported Bobby Kennedy sending them the F-4 Phantoms in the '60's, never again, not now - never forget.

What ever the nation of Israel gets, she deserves far worse. I say disarm them completely and hand the keys and deeds and ordnance and all financial assets to the Lebanese... see how the shoe fits on the other foot. Yeah, Israel inside a Greater-Lebanese democracy... yeah, yeah, that's the ticket.

Victor K.

Qana v1,0, Qana v2.0... What's next?

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Yep its sad. Too bad Hezbo started all this up.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
We have to understand that the power play here could have been in the hands of Iran . . .

Iran needed a diversion from the problems with US, UN and sanctions . . .

Hezbollah was to be that diversion . . . but what they didn't expected was the response of Israel . . .

Now a mess and if some kind of peace arrangement doesn't come out this is going to be a none stop bigger mess that will have the entire region turning against Israel . . .

No Arab nation feels comfortable when they see death tolls on the civilian population . . . even when they know that Hezbollah was at fault.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join