It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British "Shoe Rapist" Freemason, What will his lodge do?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by chief_counsellor
I guess from what it looks like, this man's Masonic ties will not help him in this case, get him an easier sentence, or assit him in anway in the court system.

Five gets you ten that anything short of the death penalty has the EPs of the board claiming Masonic interference.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Im wondering if any of his Masonic brothers knew of his " Chosen Lifestyle". I wonder if some of those "Tips" that are referenced may have come from a brotherly source? Im certain some masons wanted to see justice serverd

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
So what, if he is found guilty, will happen to him, in terms of masonry?

He will be brought up on Masonic charges. He'll have the opportunity to appeal, and then a decision will be rendered - either censure, suspension, or expulsion. With the high profile of this case, and the heinousness of the crime, that's most certainly going to be expulsion.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hobbes
He will be brought up on Masonic charges. He'll have the opportunity to appeal, and then a decision will be rendered - either censure, suspension, or expulsion. With the high profile of this case, and the heinousness of the crime, that's most certainly going to be expulsion.

So, if this crime was heinious without it being "high profile" the outcome could be different?

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

So, if this crime was heinious without it being "high profile" the outcome could be different?

The Constitution of my Grand Lodge has an article that states any Free Mason convicted of a felony in a criminal court automatically stands expelled. In such a case there is no need for an actual action of the Lodge, since his removal from the fraternity is automatic.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Let me guess... This guy means all Freemasons are bad! But 25,000+ Priests, and the Hundreds of Cardinals and Bishops that protected them after they raped thousands of children doesn't mean the Catholic Church is bad.

See how easy it is to use that kind of logic?

BTW: I am Spades/Johnny Ohm. I again can't log in and had to make a new name. Twice in one week. I can't U2U because I don't have 20 posts yet.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
This thread is about what the masonic institution will do with this member, not EP.

So what, if he is found guilty, will happen to him, in terms of masonry?

I tried to answer the question...

masonry will get him off or get as light a sentence to protect their image and they have the power to do it too.

whether he remains a member or not I have no idea since I am not a mason and I don't know what they do in these situations.

They should give him a boot and tell everyone else to not even consider what that 'brother' did but I have no idea.

It would be nice for them to publicly acknowledge this and appologize to the victims too based upon their so-called tight code of mutual conduct which in this case failed them and Society.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

The Constitution of my Grand Lodge has an article that states any Free Mason convicted of a felony in a criminal court automatically stands expelled. In such a case there is no need for an actual action of the Lodge, since his removal from the fraternity is automatic.

Thank you for the clarity ML, it seemed an odd comment to me.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
It would be nice for them to publicly acknowledge this and appologize to the victims too based upon their so-called tight code of mutual conduct which in this case failed them and Society.

If I had to apologize for every stupid thing done by anyone in the television industry, I'd need a clone just to take care of the daily apologizing. What he is accused of doing isn't the fault of Masonry any more than it's the fault of anybody who shares the same blood type as he does. If he's fairly convicted, he'll get the heave ho. But that's as much as Masonry is involved in his actions

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
masonry will get him off or get as light a sentence to protect their image and they have the power to do it too.

Originally posted by denythestatusquoI have no idea since I am not a mason and I don't know what they do in these situations.

I found this pretty funny.

You somehow "know" that the great cogs of conspiracy are turning to get this guy off or a lighter sentence, but you are ignorant of the obvious, published, widely-held masonic constitutional view on this kind of criminal matter?

Nice one, mate.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Thank you for the clarity ML, it seemed an odd comment to me.

I can't speak for Hobbes, but perhaps he meant that the high profile of the case would alarm the Lodge. The problem is that many Lodges have several hundred members, with about 85% of them being out of contact with the Lodge. It is not uncommon for a man to get his degrees, but afterward never attend another meeting. Such folks tend to mail in their dues every year, and remain in good standing: yet no one active in the Lodge may know them.

In cases like this, if I saw a guy's name in the newspaper as having been arrested for some violent crime, I may not recognize him as a member of my Lodge. A high profile case like that would make the Lodge aware that one of its members has broken the law.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Aye, what I was saying is that more brothers are likely to turn out for such a disciplinary meeting, and they'll probably have strong feelings against the accused.

Few issues raise the ire like child molestation. And to associate such a thing with the craft... a few folks are gonna be mad at that.

Hypothetical: Let's say that the guy is actually innocent. He's still going to have a hell of a time defending himself in court, due to the public sentiment. Now, should he be falsely convicted, he's going to get bowled over in the lodge. Even if he is later vindicated, he'll still likely be ostrasized from society, both inside and outside the lodge.

Some would say it's worth it, if even one young life is protected.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
hey burnt offering, i find it funny that your so perterbed by this guy. yeah, he's a pervert, but what does your signature with a womans camel toe say about your character?

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by hexrain1
hey burnt offering, i find it funny that your so perterbed by this guy. yeah, he's a pervert, but what does your signature with a womans camel toe say about your character?

LOL! I was just seeing how long I could get away with it.
If it offends you I can take it down. The last thing I want to do is offend someone.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Well, he's been convicted, he is sentenced to 15 years in prison

www.mirror.co.uk...=17684772&method=full&siteid=94762&headline=twisted--name_page.html

www.timesonline.co.uk...

His victims were between 18 and 53, about 20 years ago. He married in 1986 and stopped his attacks while with his wife. They happened to make kinky sex videos with his wife tied up, and him wearing stilettos.

Looks like his masonic ties did not help him avoid a life sentence.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
My favorite part of all that:

Lloyd had hidden behind his image as a pillar of the community. The father of a 17-year-old son and 12-year-old daughter, he lived in a £300,000 four-bedroom detached house in Thurnscoe, near Rotherham. He was a workaholic who often worked weekends at Dearne Valley Printers, at Wath-on-Dearne, near Rotherham.

So, in an effort to not get caught, he pretended to be completely upstanding. He probably became a Freemason as part of this disguise.

I hope they got the right guy.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trinityman
British "Shoe Rapist" Freemason, What will his lodge do?

His lodge will do nothing, because it won't have to. He will be, or already has been, expelled from the fraternity.

It's worth reminding students of masonic discipline (and my there are a lot of you) that things work differently in England. There is no 'masonic court' or 'masonic discipline', but custodial sentences will mean automatic expulsion by Grand Lodge.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Good to see a decisive conviction and a monster removed from society.

I think certain fallacies posted in this thread have been satisfactorily brought to light as a result.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Question:

Why was the fact that he was a freemason relevant to this article? I have never noticed any article that referenced a person's fraternal ties and not his occupation.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
It wasn't. However, it's the sort of shoddy work that gets pushed out the door to beat the competition to being the first to 'break' a story.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join