It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the final answer to everything? (strange website)

page: 156
<< 153  154  155    157  158  159 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This puzzle/game leads to no where. It is obviously a social experiment. There is no order to the chaos of the clues/questions. It is all random and has no purpose.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
fiverz, do you also have an insanely large negative number of hours? I got that when I tried heading right to an answer in firefox.

(using IE for the game)

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaucyRossy
This puzzle/game leads to no where. It is obviously a social experiment. There is no order to the chaos of the clues/questions. It is all random and has no purpose.

It does too have a purpose ... drive us insane!

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
fiverz, do you also have an insanely large negative number of hours? I got that when I tried heading right to an answer in firefox.

(using IE for the game)

Not currently ... I've had it periodically throught the game though. I wanna believe it's a bug if anything.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fiverz
Well I just noticed something wierd.

Im using firefox for the game but I've been using IE for all my forums and whatnot. After clearing cookies, I typed in hxxp://thefinalanswertoeverything.com/tobetheoneworthy.html on accident ... and it just brought up a blank page. So does anything else. It appears that if you dont click on hxxp://thefinalanswertoeverything.com first, the game doesn't start. Wierd thing is, the counter shows up down there.

So linking to say hxxp://thefinalanswertoeverything.com/nixon.html will just bring up a blank page with a counter. Don't know if this helps or not or if it is even relevant but thought it might be of note.

EDIT: sorry for the links, and for saying what someone already said

[edit on 25-7-2006 by Fiverz]

Just sounds to me like their code is buggy....or they did it on purpose so that you cant just have one of the answers 30 questions deep into the game and jump ahead

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaucyRossy

Of course it doesent, but we all still want to know the anwser, because its part of the Human Nature, its an ATS game, but its fun and it is bringing us all together to work on it.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Do you guys think there's a reason that the "final answer to everything" icon now takes you to whatever the last post is?
I definately think that the icon is a clue. Maybe if we talk about this and figure it out, it will then change once again to another spot...giving us another clue. Just like with the 101 thing.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I think the 101 thing was where the last post was when they originally made the link, and it takes you to the last post now, because well...thats the last post.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
hey guys got bored and started typing different things in and got one thats coming up out of sequence that we havent used yet. i havent been able to get to where u guys are so try this Iwanttheanswernow

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by PokeyJoe
I think the 101 thing was where the last post was when they originally made the link, and it takes you to the last post now, because well...thats the last post.

I thought that too and sent a PM to Simon asking if that was the case. Didn't get an answer, but shortly after it started going to the last post.

Could have been an error, could have been done on purpose. I don't know at this point.

I'm just concentrating right now on spreading the link still ... I really don't think anything will happen until the powers that be want it to

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Well i think the website is really buggy....... it wouldn't let me get past the How? question and i started again and now i'm one question back and cant get past the void page, it seems to be locking me backwards one question at a time

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I've been gone all day, and can someone fill me in on what I missed?

I keep seeing everyone mention 101, what's that mean?

Oh yes, and why are the tags gone?

[edit on 25/7/06 by SFRemmy]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Do NOT Post to the Blog about the Game, he is giving awnsers away to everybody, and he says that there is multiple groups working to get the prize, and one group made a script to look for all the awnsers that are true, so I think that, this is just an idea, that if anyone asks for a list of the awnsers, that we should U2U it to them instead of posting it on the board, so that they cant get the prize, what do you think?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I know a thing or two about how the web works (I am developer afterall) and I am guessing everything is being driven from a single page... ie, everything is in server side code.

I also ran an intelliscanner app used for cracking/spoofing websites and it didn't return any other pages from the site other than the index... I am guessing your progress etc are all stored in cookies and those cookies are processed on the server side each time you visit 'the game' -- the game then decides what to display based on your cookies...

I don't want to waste time giving a more thorough explanation...

link   
can someone try or let me know what is with iwanttheanswernow?

link   

Originally posted by The_Time_is_now
Do NOT Post to the Blog about the Game, he is giving awnsers away to everybody, and he says that there is multiple groups working to get the prize, and one group made a script to look for all the awnsers that are true, so I think that, this is just an idea, that if anyone asks for a list of the awnsers, that we should U2U it to them instead of posting it on the board, so that they cant get the prize, what do you think?

How about moving it to RATS?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
if yall do move send me a u2u since i can't post at rats yet. if i get an answer let me know who to u2u also.

link   

Originally posted by Enrikez

Originally posted by The_Time_is_now

How about moving it to RATS?

Please dont do that, some of us dont have enough points to access RATS!!

link   

Originally posted by ProjectChaos

Your response is not correct.

link   

Originally posted by ProjectChaos

what do you mean?

top topics

<< 153  154  155    157  158  159 >>

join