It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the final answer to everything? (strange website)

page: 130
<< 127  128  129    131  132  133 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32

Originally posted by JebusSaves
Wait a minute, didn't I read earlier that thye Mods said something like 'the replies are fixed and not changed'...not an exact quote.

If thats the case, then we don't have to add more traffic to get further, we just have to get the answer. More viewers are just for other purposes, one would imagine to make site popular.

Not exactly. More viewers or hits on the game site has some sort of direct correlation to the "r" number at the bottom of the page. Once it reaches a certain number (we dont know what yet) I think that we will recieve another (better) clue.

That is what I got out of our Q&A with HUNT_ADMIN, anyway.

AHHH OK, cause i JUST now worked oput where that dman R is....lol
I've been lost for quite a while, i just didn't want to say anything for looking foolish

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The r number was not there yesterday. What prompted it's appearance? Does anyone know? Did the site admins feel they needed to give us another clue?

-CW

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by avonwodahs
That r(number) is actualy a counter, you can see this particular counter here: www.google-analytics.com...

whoah!!

can anybody decipher that?

I only have basic skills with visual basic.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
What is that r thing? Maybe the thing that says we have to get more traffic is a question, like the other one.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Ok, I have to agree. I don't see anything pertinent with the r36, or even the level error message.

I think what we need to focus on is where it says

This question will revert to the planned version when site traffic levels, the result of spreading the URL,

Next is what I think is the what we need to focus on.

"reach the expected number"

Right now it's over 4 million. I found this graph here. Please help investigate this. Maybe it's a clue. The info was free.

www.alexa.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Not exactly. More viewers or hits on the game site has some sort of direct correlation to the "r" number at the bottom of the page. Once it reaches a certain number (we dont know what yet) I think that we will recieve another (better) clue.

Mech, did hunt actuallt say that or was it more along the lines of : the higher the number the better
?
was he that specific?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by celticwarrior72
The r number was not there yesterday. What prompted it's appearance? Does anyone know? Did the site admins feel they needed to give us another clue?

-CW

We were told that it started appearing around r30, although we did not notice it until r32.

It is a counter of sorts.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Well, assuming it is like the other one the middle line should be what we follow
(the last one was time, and the answer was wedontwanttowait)
also the bottom line was in which context the answer should be (remember your answers) and two questions prior the answer was more like we were talking to it, just to recap :-)

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theodwra

Mech, did hunt actuallt say that or was it more along the lines of : the higher the number the better
?
was he that specific?

I don't recall EXACTLY what he said, but that is my take on what he said, and what it means for the game. Notice I said "I think we wil recieve another (better) clue.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I've noticed that urchin combined with some other word will give the Error out of sequence message very often so maybe it is part of the answer. I think everyone should spend about 10 minutes and enter as many responses as possible.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Does an out of sequence reply (no correct answer from before) mean the answer is correct later on ???????????

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
Does an out of sequence reply (no correct answer from before) mean the answer is correct later on ???????????

later on or previously

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
if its not cou[pled by error

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
try www.thefinalanswertoeverything.com...

I think that it's the keywords in particular that generate the o.o.s. message
so combining two keywords would generate a higher out of sequence chance (think of the words like tags)

any ideas?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I did as someone suggested a few pages ago and ran through the answers using another IP and fresh cookies; it still says r36 at the bottom, so perhaps it's not a counter?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
no...it HAS to be a counter of some kind...why else would it go up?

im sure it doesnt have to do with the question

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
ok seriously guys, he said dont pay attention to the counter well know what it is when its done, the o.o.s things, DONT BOTHER THEY MEAN NOTHING WHO CARES, lets stick to the message question thing

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
i have a strong feeling it's a counter, try doing it throu a proxy to change your ip, it probably only counts unique hits

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by avonwodahs
That r(number) is actualy a counter, you can see this particular counter here: www.google-analytics.com...

whoah!!

can anybody decipher that?

I only have basic skills with visual basic.

Explain where you see the counter if you can.

You talking about in here?

function __utmVisitorCode() [
var r=0,t=0,i=0,i2=0,m=31;
var a=_uGC(_ubd.cookie,"__utma="+_udh,";");
if ((i=a.indexOf(".",0))0) r=a.substring(i+1,i2); else return "";
if ((i=a.indexOf(".",i2+1))>0) t=a.substring(i2+1,i); else return "";
var c=new Array('A','B','C','D','E','F','G','H','J','K','L','M','N','P','R','S','T','U','V','W','X','Y','Z','1', '2','3','4','5','6','7','8','9');
return c[r>>28&m]+c[r>>23&m]+c[r>>18&m]+c[r>>13&m]+"-"+c[r>>8&m]+c[r>>3&m]+c[((r&7)30&3)]+c[t>>25&m]+c[t>>20&m]+"-"+c[t>>15&m]+c[t>>10&m]+c[t>>5&m]+c[t&m ];

You might be onto something. Looking it over it looks promising.

TheMesh

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Maybe we should be trying to fill in the blank. I mean the double space in the middle of the riddle. I've tried a couple

Once thevaluehasbeenreached
whenthevalueisreached
etc....

Seems like we are missing part of the message. Maybe I'm off track, but I'm starting to wonder.

new topics

top topics

<< 127  128  129    131  132  133 >>

join