It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SS.Invictus

As far as I know ATS does not have any way of changing user names, but maybe there's a way of doing it reserved to the Admin.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I'd love to have an Omit Conspiracies in Religions function on the Recent Posts page. More ideal would be a roll-your-own omits function. Thanks!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Don't know if anyone of any importance reads this thread or takes suggestions seriously.

The online conspiracy as dogma market is starting to fall off a cliff. 8 years of "It's a cover-up" 'false flag' "Bush did 9/11" "Jews did 9/11" has worn out it's welcome. The redneck racist crowd have hijacked the Truth Movement. No one's buying the "Loose Change" type videos. The competition is fiercier, so the claims more outrageous. Most half way intelligent adults and kids see the whole Conspiracy thing more as a circus act than aalternatn ive to mainstream.

This site will hold it's won for a while. Just being discovered thanks to Google.

But the serious contributors are dropping out and mouthy teenagers replacing them. The noise will cancel itself out and this will just become a giant screaming match looney bin.

There is a solution but I doubt it will be considered until the numbers start falling off.

One seems extreme. Drop the current points, flags, stars system. It generates a contest for MOST OUTRAGEOUS SUBJECT. Like Tabloid papers.

What happens is the whole site has a face of screaming attention grabber subject lines that have no follow thorough. And anyone coming for the first time to the site browsing subjects gets a really creepy feeling. Serious researchers and dabblers feel embarrassed entering.

You can't sell product when people don't want to come in the front door.

The layout and approach at present worked in it's day. Now it's message is "another junk site."

More I can offer. I used to be in the image consulting business.

If there's anything resembling intelligent follow-up, I'll continue.

I'm betting this message will be read and digested by 4 people max.

M

[edit on 25-11-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael
They just have to be the right 4 people.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

They just have to be the right 4 people.

Thanks for the response.

Just corrected my last message for coherence.

Been on this site a year now. Great stuff and some really exceptional people.

I hate being critcal - but it's because I don't want it to evaporate.

Won't go into it in the open forum - but I just isolated an unanticipated future legal problem that needs to be remedied.

It's a component of the clean sweep the site will need to make it through the big drop-off it will see after Christmas.

In broad terms - zero tolerance for endorsing by providing a forum for overt racist agendas. A whole new breed have learned to push their malign wares while keeping under the wire of the rules. This is becoming a soft sell hate site on some sections.

Note you're in Portugal. I don't know it well but lived in Europe and South America . Irony, on a 9/11 thread just commented on how there's as much evidence for the Pentagon being faked as there is for the sighting of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Portugal in 1918.

Often refer to that as the first modern UFO sighting. Difference was the psychological environment receptive to an appearance of a Holy Trinity member. Postwar US was looking for something more high tech.

Would like to read more on it.

Thanks for indulging my unsolicited rants.

M

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonGray

I didn't even read the OP... and jumped right in ..

Apollo Missions & it's conspiracies need it's own forum! Vote NOW!

Of course we can do a search however... This has been posted under the following forums...and this was just typing in 'Apollo Missions' in the google search...
Military & Government Projects
General Conspiracy Discussion
Aliens & UFOs Space Exploration
ATS Skunk Works Other Current Events
Deconstructing Disinformation & Deflection

Shouldn't the Apollo mission and NASA conspiracies get it's own forum instead of 'General'..? I would think that perhaps the biggest conspiracy on the planet would get filed under..'General' or 'Space Exploration' when the Medical Field gets it's own as well as The Grey Area! LOL

There's are ALOT more conspiracies round the Apollo program than there will ever be in the medical field!!

Here is my suggestion... Apollo Missions & NASA Conspiracies

If this has been discussed before, please direct me to the correct forum. LOL.. wow.. there I said it again .. for the millionth time. LMAO! Please post with a yes or no and with any suggestions you might have because there's a 1 liner rule in effect on the site...not sure if this will do any good.. but .. I really hope to get some constructive feedback.

Thanks at least for reading.. -Komodo

This is a thread I created on ATS. Hope to see it has some fruition ..

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
A firefox addon for ATS.

I would like to check how well a thread goes without refreshing a page, and I want to go to the board topics faster.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I would like to see John Lear come back. I have been reading ATS threads for years and always thought the what he had to say was entertaining to say the least. Wheter or not you agree or disagree with him is besides the point, he did alot to get poeple talking on ATS. Although he might still be bitter about being banned and all, he said that he still reads posts here everyday, so we should try and beckon him back here. What a grand headline that would be: the Return of John Lear!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I agree with Natha above re: John Lear. He was unfairly shafted as the emails he posted on his website seem to indicate.

But I didn't come to the thread for that. I came to agree with and put forward a brilliant idea by another member, posted here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I believe we should have a Polling feature so we can poll the 11000 users a month on how they feel about issues.

This would be a great way to measure the majorities consensus on issues.

We could at a glance know exactly how the majority feel.

This is important in helping to understand the impact of issues on the people as a whole.

This could be such a great thing because ATS does have so many active members, we may actually be able to shape the minds of politicians and cause them to effect new "for the people" policies and legislation.

What say you?

To Poll or not to Poll ?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

It could be a good idea, but we should think that in some cases it could give a wrong idea of people's opinions because it's an international site (like all sites, obviously).

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Your right if the poll is conducted wrong.. but this is easy to fix. Simply request that if the poll requires only people specific to a certain geographic location for all others to abstain from taking the poll.

I.P. addresses will bear out the majority of the truth in the matter since they are tied to geographical regions.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I.P. addresses will bear out the majority of the truth in the matter since they are tied to geographical regions.

Except for those using a proxy, and from what I have seen there are some of those cases around.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
We had polls running for quite a while back in the summer... We just got REAL busy with so many other projects they had to be "back burnered"...

Maybe we'll look into it again after we get past the new year and all the video work we have ahead of us.

Springer...

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
We had polls running for quite a while back in the summer...

As I am relativity new to this site, I missed those polls. Are you talking about Polls conducted by ATS itself on what issues ATS wanted to bring forth?

If so, I am not talking about that. I am talking about us members generating the polls ourselves. For example, like starting a new a thread, I want to be the person to set up the Poll, " Should Obama be Impeached?".

Every member should have the ability to run a poll if they want to.

This could be built into the forum software just like a New Thread button.

This would also alleviate the need tor ATS to have to "start and stop" the Polls as you indicate by "putting it on the back burner"

[edit on 18-12-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
An exclusive streaming LIVE talk show! Here on ATS.
Complete with call in number and topic 'o the night.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Don't know if anyone of any importance reads this thread or takes suggestions seriously.

That's problem nro. 1.

But the serious contributors are dropping out and mouthy teenagers replacing them. The noise will cancel itself out and this will just become a giant screaming match looney bin.

That's problem nro. 2 (but no lesser than nro. 1).

There is a solution but I doubt it will be considered until the numbers start falling off.

One seems extreme. Drop the current points, flags, stars system. It generates a contest for MOST OUTRAGEOUS SUBJECT. Like Tabloid papers.

What happens is the whole site has a face of screaming attention grabber subject lines that have no follow thorough. And anyone coming for the first time to the site browsing subjects gets a really creepy feeling. Serious researchers and dabblers feel embarrassed entering.

And that's the solution I would support myself.

And THAT'S the biggest problem of all.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee
An exclusive streaming LIVE talk show! Here on ATS.
Complete with call in number and topic 'o the night.

Very interesting idea.

Is this feasible?

ETA: Not aiming that question at you of course. Preferably the staff would provide the best answer.

[edit on 18/12/2009 by serbsta]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Honestly I would think the owners need to answer that question. But I would tend to think it would be as other sites do it. I would REALLY like to see it happen. I know it would be some serious work & effort to put it together and while my knowledge on how to do it is limited, i'd help out any way i can to see that it could happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join