It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
OK, now I understand what you mean.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
This has probably been mentioned someplace in the thread, but it's a pet peeve of mine:

I would like to see the "quote" button function a little more like the "reply to" button. Specifically, I would like it to put a link to the post being quoted

Especially since we're encouraged not to use overly long quotes, it would be nice to be able easily to follow a link back to the post being quoted to see the context, and be able to read the post it was in reply to, etcetera.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Advanced Search Options
The ability to search ATS with the option of viewing the search results by DATE, to see the most recent threads with what were searching for. Also, The ability to search specific ATS member profiles, and filter by location.

Also, the ability to see a persons profile from their U2U. Whenever an ATS member emails me that I do not know, in order to look at their profile, I Have to search in the search engine, and it pops up a thread that this user posted in, and then and only then can I see the users profile. Unnecessary amount of effort when I could just access the profile from the U2U application.

Thanks!

[edit on 1-3-2010 by xynephadyn]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Mutter box in ATS, but better.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
My idea is for us to have an achievement system implemented and I wanted to see what the authors of this site think or if they have already thought about it. I understand that this is already implemented somewhat by the S and F system but it seems to me that it would be fun if we could post our points in our sigs and what not. Certainly the ideas could raise a net gain in the amount of trolls but you guys do a good job of keeping the site clean so I don't worry about it too much. Just wanted to know what you think of it?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

They actually used to show points in the mini-profiles (the info you see under the avatars, like location). They even used to have mysterious bars that grew and changed color based on how many points, posts, applauses, etc you had.

They removed them last year around the time they implemented the current blue flag-bar system.

I miss the bars, personally. But honestly showing points on the mini-profile seemed to lead to resentment and bickering.

Just an opinion from a fellow member

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Voting System.

Once you start a thread it could be to discuss an idea. Allow voting buttons at the top of the thread (Maximum of 10 options lets say) and then have a realtime chart displayed at the top of the thread to see how many people agreed , disagreed, had a different idea and all that and present it ina simple bar chart.

Pax.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
One more thing. To track your posts and replies only in a thread. Sometimes I make a comment in a large thread, and would like to zoom to the people that have replied back to my comments directly, without trawling through page after page looking for the "Reply to Pax " text in a post.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Pax et Intellectus

You can use a little trick (although I am not sure if it shows all the posts), use Google with a search like this

site:www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread21761 "reply to post by armap"

That search will look for pages that have posts with the text "reply to post by armap" only in this thread (I think).

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Make a self destruct button for a thread when it reaches the % of lets say 75% of people thinking it's crap it self destructs into flames and just a flaming thread is left behind.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I would like to see when the new ATS design is up and running. Hopefully before april is over.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsettica
Make a self destruct button for a thread when it reaches the % of lets say 75% of people thinking it's crap it self destructs into flames and just a flaming thread is left behind.

Mate that gets my vote, I have a few of mine that I'd like to go up in flames!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jsettica

What would happen to a thread with just four posts, three of which were from people that thought the thread useless, would a thread with only four posts be "barbecued"?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Am kind of new here. But is there in way to see replies to your posts on a single page?
would be great if such a linl is provided, so you can resolve the question/s
Otherwise ATS is just fine.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I would like to see an ATS Doomsday clock in the upper right hand corner. Maybe a formula could be worked out to scan posts and threads for key words that would move the clock hands back and forth depending on the amount they were used.

Wouldn't that be fun?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
When ever I make a post in somebody's thread I always need time to find it back.

I mean, after posting I usually leave for a while and do something else.
When I come back I want to see if somebody has replied on my comment.

To make it easier it would be nice if I can go directly to my last reply in that thread and go from there.

I hope you understand what I mean....

Thanks for trying to understand.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
There is an other wish that I forgot to mention and that is about time.

I am from Europe and the chance to reach the person(s) I am replying to I sometimes look at my clock to see what time it is.

I know there is a simple solution to know what time it is at the other side of the world but it would be nice if I can scroll to the top of the page and see what time it is in Australia or in New York. Depents who I am replying to.

Thanks again.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I think turning ATS into a certain media based website would be amazing. Of course this would take awhile to accomplish but it can happen. By more media based I mean like a personalized blog by subject experts, different kind of news episode with Johnny anonymous, and maybe to make the site more popular perhaps a radio station sometime, discussing certain events. Look at all the threads here. We could have a radio station 24/7 discussing everything from government conspiracies to metaphysics to paranormal to comedy. There are tons of things on this site that would be great for a radio show. Now all we need is a good DJ, anyone know someone

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonGray

A 'Video Collaboration' forum, or something like that.

First, it would make a good place to sticky a FAQ / guide for the in's and out's of the media portal i.e. video submission.

Anyways it would be nice to have a place for audio / video / graphics people to get together to:

-share ideas / submit cool ideas that we dont have time ourselves to pursue (I get tons of these but am way far behind on existing projects)

-help dig up hard to find clips, and establish chain of custody of certain clips (this would be important for 9/11 investigators)

-find project collaborators

-discuss audio & video editing

-discuss accoustical and visual techniques

-submit WIP segments for input

-etc

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Being new to ATS it would be nice to have an alphabetized page set to define the different topics, and conspiracy theories. Sort of a quick reference point. I understand this could become a great undertaking and consume alot of time and space, but i believe it would come in handy to many.

Thanks for your time,
Dianne Fl

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join