It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Well I am sure ATS is working on any pertinent issues. Otherwise deal with it IMHO. That is the cons WE must take to be part of such a great and in-depth site. Just give them time, anything serious WILL be taken care of, as always,...TUST ME.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

I logged out just to test this, and when I logged in I had 12 cookies.

I sent a U2U to myself, same 12 cookies.

I refreshed this thread, same 12 cookies.

I went to the "recent posts" page, the same 12 cookies.

I don't think it's an ATS problem.

PS: I am using Opera, but I doubt that makes a difference.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Flying geese being swatted as an ad? or perhaps a cheap shotgun "click me" game off to the side.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

the more cookies tha better...

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
what about a questions board
i would like to ask anyone who has a better grasp on science than i do just what the scientists working on the hadron collider hope to get out of it.
i know its about how everything started . the big bang and all that .
but there has to be more reasons to justify the huge cost of this project.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus
can we have like a java-based chat program? with instant messaging/chatroom options available running off the website's server? i mean...providing the server has a static ip address a fairly good messaging system can be setup at short notice, i mean....there's script all over the net (i've come across script for irc :up

and providing a person is cleared to download the program and provides a user/pswrd to login....then a faster form of chat can be established.

JAVA CHAT GET IT GET IT GET IT

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
>I would like to see a barack Obama subject = considering he is in the center of a lot of conspiracy

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by KpxMarMoTT

I think that most of them deserve to be in the trash bin. But that's just me.

US political MADNESS seems to house Obama threads pretty well.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by knightsof0ld

You have two choices when it comes to chatting with other members.

You have the chat room.

And as a BONUS!

You have Mutter.

Come, join the fun

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
With everything happening around the world today and that A New Day is Dawning.... how about..

NWS

New World Secrets

Meeting The Dawn of a New Day....

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I'd like to know why you cant star threads in BTS?

What is the reasoning for it?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
And other thing how about a mass uploader, for uplaoding photos to ATS media instead of haveing to do it one at a time.

It really is a pain.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I use the "recent posts" search option very much and it would be nice to have the date of the original posting shown on that page.

If the ability to give negative stars for posts is incorporated into the site please use it as a seperate tally instead of subtracting from the users total points.

Please include the date of posting and the first line of the post on general searches. The current searches are good but could be better with more information, example below:

"My Wife and the Swine flu vaccination, page 1Discusion about My Wife and the Swine flu vaccination in the AboveTopSecret.com website alternative topics discussion forum Swine Flu and other Diseases and ...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread516844/pg1 "

The search find does not provide enough information to verify if this is something the searcher would be interested in viewing.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by LuFri]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
This is from a thread I made, I am hoping a decision maker sees it here.

installation of an update section within threads

Certain threads are just to large to try and grapple, if new to them. Like this thread about the Ukrainian fever www.abovetopsecret.com... ... currently 170pgs long. Or this one about the cave complex under Giza www.abovetopsecret.com... ... currently 39 pgs long.

I have seen on other forums where information is shared in a wiki underneath the first post where either anyone or those with a certain permission level can use to update on the latest developments or information about the topic at hand. Thus helping make new posts relevant to where the thread is and allowing people to stay with the developments.

For example like here www.fatwallet.com... ... or here slickdeals.net... ...

This would really help newcomers to get a grasp on where the topic is. I think this will cause many more individuals to contribute to certain topics without feeling overwhelmed, or having to make a commitment of several hours browsing through dozens upon dozens of pages. Plus I am positive it will help make each comment pertain much better to the topic.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by Desolate Cancer]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Practical Essence

I would like the feature of multi-quote;

Saw it on a couple of websites;

Basically being able to select specific quotes and then simply being able to press "post reply" where every single selected quote would be inserted there already.

More convenient and easy to use "post reply" section;

I do not like the codes of ; I would prefer if the system/program does that automatically; as in when I do it, the result is already there and I dont have to press "post reply" to see the result.

Thirdly, when I am seeing which threads I have suscribe so far and I click on one of them, I would like to be taken to the last page of the thread and not having to crawl down and do it must self manually; it is better if one click sends me there.

Fourthly, maybe, just maybe adding the views for each thread; I like the idea if one of my threads has alot of views; even though the replies might be few, I feel comfortable that alot of people are reading it regardless that; I get more feeling of being appreciated rather than not knowing at all.

Fifthly, I think it would be a good idea to lower the "ATS" points in the ATS store; I would prefer if it was not as high as it should be; I understand that it works somewhat of having more drive and more motivation, but having it as high as that personally works the opposite.

Sixthly, it would be good if a particular status was placed upon an individual; a sign of recognition, respect and admiration by the ATS community; based upon his quality of arguments and not his quantity.

Maybe having the option to rate someone's arguments in the form of "posts"; such as irrelevant, incoherent, abstract, intellectually put and "infallible argument"

Also, I think the size of the picture which is sided to the individual when making a post is extremely large IMO; in my opinion; it eats too much space to have in a forum with alot of posts, because it is stretched out too wide and too long.

I think that is so far what I thought.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
One last thought, I fully DISAGREE with the ignore option;

This is a public forum and EACH post; as long as it is not over the top, should be visible to everyone REGARDLESS of your aesthetics issues.

This is a public forum; if someone deserves to be "ignored" it should be in the hands of Admins and Mods not having on the individual basis, a choice of "not" seeing his/her reply because you do not like that person.

You might find that his arguments are indeed sophisticated enough to be read after a couple of more posts which have the tendency of bringing more clarity to someone's proposition, clarity and hidden motives.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonGray

I would like to see the thumbs down available as well as the stars. The thumbs down could be used by everyone to post on a rude persons comment. If the person gets x amount of thumbs down then they are GONE. There needs to be more dismissal of rude people. Name calling such as idiot and airhead etc. or worse. The negativity is getting really bad.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SS.Invictus
Thirdly, when I am seeing which threads I have suscribe so far and I click on one of them, I would like to be taken to the last page of the thread and not having to crawl down and do it must self manually; it is better if one click sends me there.
On "myATS", either on the "Recent Posts In Your Favorite Forums" list or on the "Top 50 Subscriptions (with 30-Day activity)", there is a small icon to the right of the thread's title, that looks like this.

Clicking it will take you to the last post on that thread, except for BTS threads, in which, for some reason, that function does not work.

Fourthly, maybe, just maybe adding the views for each thread; I like the idea if one of my threads has alot of views; even though the replies might be few, I feel comfortable that alot of people are reading it regardless that; I get more feeling of being appreciated rather than not knowing at all.
We had that feature before, I think it was removed because it made the page loading much slower, but I am not sure.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

We had that system, and it was used by some people to underrate the people that had opposite views, regardless of the post's content.

I remember seeing threads that even before they had any answer, their opening (and only) post was already very low rated, and that happened to specific people from both sides of some subject, it was used more as a weapon for personal wars than for the member's benefit.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Thank you for that and I hope the other suggestions will be considered.

My last question is how to change my username; At first, I had it as [SS].Invictus but I couldnt create it back then.

If I earn enough ATS points will I be able to do that change?

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join