It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Two suggestions:

1. It would be helpful if the "Top 50 Subscriptions (with 30-Day activity)" list would show the date and time of the last post,maybe below the poster name. I have failed to notice some posts because the name was the same from the last time I had seen it but the fact that the last poster was the same was just a coincidence, when I went back to the thread I noticed that there had been some 5 or 6 posts before the last post that I could see on the list. If the list had the date and time I would see that this last post was not the same as the one I had seen before.

2. A way of showing on the top of the threads what is the post with the most stars on that thread. Sometimes someone starts a thread, that could be, for example, based on something completely false, and a poster appears that posts all the necessary information to put the thread in its real context. Those posts usually get more stars than the opening post, so, being considered so important to the thread, I think they should be referenced at the beginning in some way, so people could read the OP and then see what had been considered the best answer by other ATS members.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I had an idea earlier. Would it be possible to have a "check box" or something on each post that, when checked, when you go to post a reply, you can see a person's entire post under the reply box? I ask because sometimes, there are two people I want to reply to and I'll forget what it was in a person's post that I wanted to reply to!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by KKing123
CHESS! WHERE IS CHESS! YOU PROMISED US CHESS! *glares at simon*

Chess! really? yeah I would love to play chess against ATS's

expanding on what octomomom said; allow us click and drag (highlight) relevant parts of peoples posts (can hold ctrl key to do this) then click "reply to all" (button only becomes available if multiple posts are selected) this then goes to posting page with everyone's names and stuff ready to go. this is also results in a DIFFERENT colored box which is a DIRECT quote (background quote color very dark, almost black), currently anyone can quote, and edit the crap out of what someone has said, and pretend they are quoting them

[edit on 11/9/2009 by Inkrinhuminge]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I would like to see a forum dedicated to the members that are in business.
Retail, consultants, contractors, etc. anyone that is selfemployed.

With all the savy people here, I think it would be advantageous for the members to be able to discuss trends, markets, taxes, all things pertaining to the selfemployed. I think they call it "networking"

I have recently reinstated my flyfishing/guide/outfitting service and need some info/feedback/advice.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Inkrinhuminge

I don't think the browsers allow multiple selection of text, as far as I know they only allow the selection of one block of text, invalidating that system.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Does atlantis deserve its own forum

Closed thread asking the question

The thread is closed so dont try to post there I am just bringing it up for the sake of Donnie Darko.

I say no. I say the Acient Civilizations is good enough but maybe others disagree?

ALTHOUGH I am curious, Is there and ATS Atlantis Scholar project?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
[delete this post]

[edit on 12-9-2009 by antithesis.]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Badges to go on ur profile, mabey singnature showing how much you contributed on ATS, BTS

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
radio..live

lots of music and talks about subjects on ats

I agree with Symmetric on this, this would be one of the best things for ATS to have

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
BTS

This going to sound strange how about a "fashion topic" I mean how many people here enjoy clothing and style, quite a few I would imagine to say the least.

[edit on 9/18/2009 by Big Oil]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
ATS "Virtual World"

I would like to see an ATS role-playing, strategy, political simulation game. I posted a thread about this several months ago, and it generated some minor interest before I lost track of progressing the idea further. But now I want to revive the idea and push for it to become reality.

The original thread is here and the idea of the game is a simple one: Imagine you are the leader of one of the 192 countries recognized by the United Nations. How would your country be run? Would you represent your people and make your country a free and prosperous one? Would you rule with an iron fist and control their daily lives? Would you launch genocidal campaigns against not only your people but the people of other nations?

In this "Virtual World", you can decide and dictate the policies of your government and run all of the day-to-day operations of your country. The game is fully customizable - within the limits of reality, of course - and the decision making lies with you.

There are two levels to the game: Domestic and International. You will be responsible for domestic issues such as your national budget, domestic policies, dealing with economic issues, responding to natural and man-made disasters, and more. You will also be able to interact with other nations in the form of foreign policies, trade, conferences and meetings, alliances and treaties, and even war.

The "Virtual World" is basically a simple version of the real-world political spectrum; it is a simulation of the daily global politics we all know and talk about every day here at ATS. I have independently run this type of game for over two years now and I can say that despite how complex it sounds, it is a very manageable game, and despite it being text-based, it is a very entertaining and educational game as well.

I have submitted a suggestion to ATS staff regarding this idea, but I am posting here to get some feedback from ATS members. Any comments or questions are welcome in either this thread, the original idea thread, or u2u.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I would like to see a Q&A session with the owners and admins over what new projects are currently being looked at, and what we can look forward to in the future as members and contributors to the site.

We often get little updates over things that are coming, and the big surprises like Mutter were nice.

But it would be cool to have a little session where we could ask specific questions about new projects.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I have thought long and hard about this!

I'm not sure if its a "rights" problem or not .... or just a probgrmming nitemare

Could ATS have a "radio" or multi "choice" listening guide?

I spend countless hours on here and would enjoy a lil noise.

1 Talk shows

2 Music "diff genres"

3 ATS Theme song "an intro that plays when you log on or turn on"

4 Be able to attach it to your avatar, so others can see/listen to your favs?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
ATS Recommendation - new tool?

I was thinking about a tool in adjunction to the star and flag, that is geared towards a member's credibilty. If a member presents a thread, its credibility is rated on 0-10 and a person who averages a higher credibility gets certain titles etc. Having 0 credibiltiy is of course not harmful, but other members will critique that member more carefully. If your credibility goes down of course, you have to build it back up. Just an idea.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I don't think that is a good idea, it is too easy for someone that makes threads with dubious subjects to be branded as a unreliable person by those members that do not read the whole thread or that just have different ideas.

All things that can give a negative (or less positive) classification to a member are always under the threat of being used as a weapon to lower that member's credibility or perceived status by his/her "enemies".

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Then only give the ability to rate others to people with a certain number of posts and with a certain level of credibility. That will reduce abuse of the system.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

OK, but how do you define who has a level of credibility high enough to classify other people's credibility?

From what happen some months ago, I think there would be many people that would think that they were unjustly left out of the credible list.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I would like to log on to ATS, and automatically be logged onto BTS.

I think an ATS alternate reality game would be fun as well.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Blossom Goodchild had a great deal of credibility in some quarters.

The key here is tolerance and remembering that a persons perception is their reality in my opinion.

If enough people want to discuss a particular subject, then why not have some space for them.

In other words, credibility is in the eye of the beholder.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
I think there would be many people that would think that they were unjustly left out of the credible list.

If they complain then they're immature and deserve to be left out any way.

As for the ATS alternate reality game mentioned two posts above me... yes. I agree. I'm hoping for some feedback on that.

new topics

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join